The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+10
Dolphin Ziggler
seanmichaels
Galted
Pal Joey
Alistair
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
ShahenshahG
rIck_dAgless
Rowley
14 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 12 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Rowley Fri 08 Apr 2016, 7:45 am

First topic message reminder :

Hugh Jackman is a sunglasses indoors wearing obnoxious cockwomble.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 12 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 19 Apr 2016, 9:09 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:
rick_dagless wrote: but I won't...

Although you sort of have......

It was a rebuttable statement rather than an argument mate, and if you had countered it I would not have argued back...

But I see your point, I am in an agreeable mood today, the sun is out, and I don't have too many meetings with idiots...

Let us not fall out over insect semantics, riCk.

We are brothers of the North West and as such, have to stick together.

Could not agree more Tino, I will no doubt be using this fact as a quiz question in future quizzes, indeed I have saved your facts to boot to utilise in a future arthropod round, which is in no small way inspired by your good self...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 12 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 19 Apr 2016, 9:17 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:A preying mantis can certainly turn Tino's head.

I saw a preying mantis take a locust in Spain last year. Watched it devour the poor thing over a prolonged period. It was alive for a long time as the mantis gnawed away at it.

Fascinating to watch and we were lucky to actually see the strike. I've seen it on tv plenty of times but to see it live was amazing. I have some great photos but I don't know how to get them on here.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 19 Apr 2016, 9:18 am

rick_dagless wrote:

Could not agree more Tino, I will no doubt be using this fact as a quiz question in future quizzes, indeed I have saved your facts to boot to utilise in a future arthropod round, which is in no small way inspired by your good self...

That has almost brought a tear to my eye, RICk.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 19 Apr 2016, 9:20 am

I saw a preying mantis take a locust in Spain last year.  Watched it devour the poor thing over a prolonged period.  It was alive for a long time as the mantis gnawed away at it.

Fascinating to watch and we were lucky to actually see the strike.  I've seen it on tv plenty of times but to see it live was amazing.  I have some great photos but I don't know how to get them on here.

I do.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 19 Apr 2016, 9:25 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

I saw a preying mantis take a locust in Spain last year.  Watched it devour the poor thing over a prolonged period.  It was alive for a long time as the mantis gnawed away at it.

Fascinating to watch and we were lucky to actually see the strike.  I've seen it on tv plenty of times but to see it live was amazing.  I have some great photos but I don't know how to get them on here.

I do.

How can I do it?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 19 Apr 2016, 9:44 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

I do.

How can I do it?

I was afraid you might ask that.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 19 Apr 2016, 10:27 am

Hey Jeff, or anyone else who is interested, you watching 11/22/63 at the moment, nice little premise around JFK shooting...

All absolute cobblers of course but cool nonetheless...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 19 Apr 2016, 11:27 am

Killed it riCk.

Stone dead.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 19 Apr 2016, 11:28 am

2 for 2 mate, killed the what gets on your wick thread also...

At least you have my back mate.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 19 Apr 2016, 11:32 am

rick_dagless wrote:2 for 2 mate, killed the what gets on your wick thread also...

At least you have my back mate.

I saw something just the other night with GnR and Miles Kennedy singing. It was some 'homecoming' thing in Stoke (which definitely isn't northern) or something like that. I was tired so could have got that wrong.

Slash was basically showing off his guitar skills and Miles Kennedy came and sang a few songs. I'm not a particular fan of GnR but it was entertaining enough.

I'm no musician, but that lad knows how to play the guitar.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 19 Apr 2016, 11:38 am

I saw them (as in Miles K and Slash) at Download and much preferred him to Axl Rose, as the voice is at least as good, and Miles is not a total cockwomble...

Don't think he will be a good fit for AC/DC but I guess we will see...

I think he is a good fit for an American trailer however.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 19 Apr 2016, 11:42 am

rick_dagless wrote:I saw them (as in Miles K and Slash) at Download and much preferred him to Axl Rose, as the voice is at least as good, and Miles is not a total cockwomble...

I should point out that it was on the tv. I wasn't in attendance.

I just did some research on Slash and the consensus is that he is an 'overrated' guitar player. Shows what I know.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 19 Apr 2016, 11:45 am

rick_dagless wrote:I saw them (as in Miles K and Slash) at Download and much preferred him to Axl Rose, as the voice is at least as good, and Miles is not a total cockwomble...

I should point out that it was on the tv.  I wasn't in attendance.

I just did some research on Slash and the consensus is that he is an 'overrated' guitar player.  Shows what I know.

I know nothing, but I enjoy watching and listening to him play on occasion, I am sure there are much better guitarists out there, for example, I bet that Coxy can shred the Axe like no man alive...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 19 Apr 2016, 12:17 pm

http://www.smh.com.au/queensland/woolworths-withdraws-broccoli-batch-after-reports-of-redback-spiders-20160419-go9ryb.html

Too early for lunch?

I was just re-acquiring a taste for broccoli and cauliflower and now this...

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 19 Apr 2016, 12:24 pm

I had some broccoli soup recently, and it had some black bits in it... Now I know.

Cheers TLD!

Evening by the way.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 19 Apr 2016, 12:24 pm

rick_dagless wrote:

I just did some research on Slash and the consensus is that he is an 'overrated' guitar player.  Shows what I know.

I know nothing, but I enjoy watching and listening to him play on occasion, I am sure there are much better guitarists out there, for example, I bet that Coxy can shred the Axe like no man alive...

I hope he plays the guitar better than he plays cricket.  Have you seen his stats for last season?

14 matches and 27 runs at an average of 5.40.  HS of 15.

Terrible stuff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 19 Apr 2016, 12:28 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Hey Jeff, or anyone else who is interested, you watching 11/22/63 at the moment, nice little premise around JFK shooting...

Read the book a couple of years ago. Really entertaining read until it gets mind-numbingly stupid in the last couple of chapters (a common problem with Stephen King books). Absolute behemoth of a book at about 1000 pages.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 19 Apr 2016, 12:34 pm

superflyweight wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:Hey Jeff, or anyone else who is interested, you watching 11/22/63 at the moment, nice little premise around JFK shooting...

Read the book a couple of years ago.  Really entertaining read until it gets mind-numbingly stupid in the last couple of chapters (a common problem with Stephen King books).  Absolute behemoth of a book at about 1000 pages.    

I have always stated Stephen King can not end books... (god damn dark tower...) Afternoon supes, long time no forum...

Jesus Tino that must be the wrong coxy, the one we know is amazing... GOSPEL

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 19 Apr 2016, 12:37 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Read the book a couple of years ago.  Really entertaining read until it gets mind-numbingly stupid in the last couple of chapters (a common problem with Stephen King books).  Absolute behemoth of a book at about 1000 pages.    

I have always stated Stephen King can not end books... (god damn dark tower...) Afternoon supes, long time no forum...

The ending of IT is b*llocks as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 19 Apr 2016, 12:42 pm

The endings of both Under the Dome and The Stand are horrendously bad considering how good the rest of the books are.

Afternoon Rick (and everyone else) - was away on holiday last week and returned to the usual sh1tstorm at work. I really need to find a new job.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 19 Apr 2016, 12:45 pm

superflyweight wrote:The endings of both Under the Dome and The Stand are horrendously bad considering how good the rest of the books are.  

Have you read The Body?

I know, like me, you're a big fan of Stand by Me. Wondered if the ending of the book was anything like the film.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 19 Apr 2016, 12:49 pm

rick_dagless wrote:I had some broccoli soup recently, and it had some black bits in it... Now I know.

Cheers TLD!

Evening by the way.

G'darvo Ricko

Hopefully that was just some ground pepper.
They say we all eat a couple of kilos of ground up bugs every year.. or is it in a typical lifetime?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 19 Apr 2016, 12:50 pm

I have read the Body (although a long time ago). It's a short story (maybe only a hundred pages or so) but my recollection is that the film is a fairly faithful adaptation.

If King was to start to write it tomorrow he'd probably have the body of Ray Brower be some kind of gateway to another dimension and with each posthumous fart bringing the world one step closer to destruction.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 19 Apr 2016, 12:55 pm

I have read the body it is in the same book as Shawshank redemption as well, and it is pretty similar

I am going to put Needful Things and the Langoliers on the shoite ending list also...

It was either pepper, or now I have a slight immunity to redback venom TLD...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Apr 2016, 1:19 pm

A fictional work about the murder of JFK. Oliver Stone could sue. I saw this advertised Rick and was undecided whether to give it a go. On the back of your recommendation I may do.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 19 Apr 2016, 1:22 pm

Rowley wrote:

A fictional work about the murder of JFK. Oliver Stone could sue. I saw this advertised Rick and was undecided whether to give it a go. On the back of your recommendation I may do.

Only a couple of episodes in Jeff but so far so good, and a different angle on the tale.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 19 Apr 2016, 1:31 pm

Rowley wrote:

You'd like it, jeff. Oswald is acting alone.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Apr 2016, 1:34 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Rowley wrote:

You'd like it, jeff.  Oswald is acting alone.  

I'm in, I didn't realise it was a documentary.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 19 Apr 2016, 1:41 pm

2 piece chicken and chips 12/10

There's something to be said for the monthly treat rather than a weekly one.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 19 Apr 2016, 1:45 pm

Minestrone soup, beef and mustard sarnie... solid 7/10

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 19 Apr 2016, 1:47 pm

The only king novels with a fair ending are cujo, the dead zone and Christine.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 19 Apr 2016, 1:48 pm

superflyweight wrote:I have read the Body (although a long time ago).  It's a short story (maybe only a hundred pages or so) but my recollection is that the film is a fairly faithful adaptation.  

If King was to start to write it tomorrow he'd probably have the body of Ray Brower be some kind of gateway to another dimension and with each posthumous fart bringing the world one step closer to destruction.  
l*l

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Apr 2016, 1:50 pm

You JFK nuts (I mean that affectionately... you mad obsessed c*nts) should read "The Shot" by Philip Kerr. It's a very clever twist on the JFK story as is the brilliant "The Third Bullet" by Stephen Hunter.

Couldn't give two stuffs for all the conspiracy b*ll*cks (you need to get a f*cking life lads, seriously) but I'm a big fan of both authors and couldn't pass up the opportunity to read their books despite the subject matter.

Afternoon by the way...and yes, the endings of many Stephen King books suck balls...however, "Shawshank..." is great

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 19 Apr 2016, 1:50 pm

As for the dark tower ... doesn't that series kinda remind you of the Jerusalem man?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 19 Apr 2016, 1:51 pm

DAVE667 wrote:You JFK nuts (I mean that affectionately... you mad obsessed c*nts) should read "The Shot" by Philip Kerr. It's a very clever twist on the JFK story as is the brilliant "The Third Bullet" by Stephen Hunter.

Couldn't give two stuffs for all the conspiracy b*ll*cks (you need to get a f*cking life lads, seriously) but I'm a big fan of both authors and couldn't pass up the opportunity to read their books despite the subject matter.

Afternoon by the way...and yes, the endings of many Stephen King books suck balls...however, "Shawshank..." is great

Glad you're here, Serial.

Slash - overrated or not?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 19 Apr 2016, 1:55 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:As for the dark tower ... doesn't that  series kinda remind you of the Jerusalem man?

Jon Shannow...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 19 Apr 2016, 1:56 pm

With added ridiculousness.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 19 Apr 2016, 1:59 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:With added ridiculousness.

Spot on... Which considering that had vampire stones, and magic in it shows how ***king daft Kings Opus Magnus is..

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:03 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:With added ridiculousness.

Spot on... Which considering that had vampire stones, and magic in it shows how ***king daft Kings Opus Magnus is..

I enjoyed Thinner and Insomnia in adit ion to the above books but there's very little in Kings books once you get to a certain age. It's a shame because it was good fun.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:04 pm

Tina. Still playing the rugby football? Had a mate undergo an ACL reconstruction following a poor tackle. Not worth it
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:14 pm

kingraf wrote:Tina. Still playing the rugby football? Had a mate undergo an ACL reconstruction following a poor tackle. Not worth it

Yep. No injuries to report really.

Other than broken pride as someone streaks past my terrible attempt to tackle them.

Sorry to hear about your chum.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:29 pm

DAVE667 wrote:You JFK nuts (I mean that affectionately... you mad obsessed c*nts) should read "The Shot" by Philip Kerr. It's a very clever twist on the JFK story as is the brilliant "The Third Bullet" by Stephen Hunter.

Slash - very good but elevated to God-like status due to the success of "Appetite for Destruction" Personally think there are numerous guitarists who are superior both technically and in their ability to write a memorable riff/hook. It's completely subjective however and I'm sure Hammers will come along and dissect any of my opinions to within an inch of their lives and I can't be ar$ed with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:34 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

Slash - very good but elevated to God-like status due to the success of "Appetite for Destruction" Personally think there are numerous guitarists who are superior both technically and in their ability to write a memorable riff/hook. It's completely subjective however and I'm sure Hammers will come along and dissect any of my opinions to within an inch of their lives and I can't be ar$ed with it.

That'll do for me.

You and riCK are my go to men for all things METAL.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:39 pm

rick_dagless wrote:

I hope he plays the guitar better than he plays cricket.  Have you seen his stats for last season?

Terrible stuff.

Was it you that got the "stalkerish little I play with my 2inch cock" comment when originally exposing him....??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:42 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

Terrible stuff.

Was it you that got the "stalkerish little I play with my 2inch man sausage" comment when originally exposing him....??

He called me a "little stalkerish w*nker" and then told me to "f*ck off". He is a bit sensitive sometimes.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:53 pm

Do you want me to open his face up?

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:56 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Do you want me to open his face up?

Good idea - if he opened the face a bit more, he might score a few more runs.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:57 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Lovely delivery...I'll pitch 'em up, Jules, you knock 'em for six!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 19 Apr 2016, 3:00 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Lovely stuff, Jules.

It's alright, Serial.  Save yourself the bother.  I am stalkerish, and a w*nker so can't be too upset with him.

He isn't as bad as lovely_london.  He threatened me via PM back in the days when I posted on the boxing board.

Can't remember the full details but he basically said he could track me down and would beat the sh*t out of me if I took the p*ss out of him again.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Apr 2016, 3:10 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Lovely stuff, Jules.

It's alright, Serial.  Save yourself the bother.  I am stalkerish, and a w*nker so can't be too upset with him.

He isn't as bad as lovely_london.  He threatened me via PM back in the days when I posted on the boxing board.

Can't remember the full details but he basically said he could track me down and would beat the sh*t out of me if I took the p*ss out of him again.
ONETWOFOREVER has also offered to travel up to sunny Bradford to sort me out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next