The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sly Stallone's "Rhinestone" debacle 1984 - When an ego runs wild !!

4 posters

Go down

Sly Stallone's "Rhinestone" debacle 1984 - When an ego runs wild !! Empty Sly Stallone's "Rhinestone" debacle 1984 - When an ego runs wild !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 11:08

Coming off the success of First blood and Rocky 3.....Stallone reached his "Moses" moment....Like Eddie Murphy he thought he could walk on water and had his own "Harlem Night's" moment.....Rhinestone was such turd and died on its arse so badly most people won't remember it..

Funnily enough those involved in the project remember or remembered it only too well.....

Ron Leibman (the bad guy and 3rd lead) "When I signed on it was a well scripted comedy..However when I got to the set I found that Stallone had gotten hold of it and written himself into nearly every scene.....Shame it had potential...."

Dolly Parton (co star and 2nd lead) - "We were filming in New York and it was dank cold and there was a homeless man lying on the street near the set and he was shivering.....So I went to my trailer and got a shoal and put it around him....Stallone then came up and jerked the shoal away....He said "Don't put that good shoal over that scum he could of made something of himself ...We did !!"...

"I couldn't believe it so I grabbed the shoal back of him wrapped it back around the man and said "That could of been you..you ungrateful son of a bitch maybe he's an angel to show you what an bumhole you really are ......I looked around the set and I could see all the surprised faces because someone had stood up to him !!.

Phil Alden Robinson (Script writer)...Was so offended at Stallone's reworking he asked for his name to be taken off the credits...

Bob Clark (Director).......Stallone tried to blame him for the mess.....Clark let it be known he didn't want to work with Stallone again.......

There is probably a lesson in Rhinestone somewhere..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Sly Stallone's "Rhinestone" debacle 1984 - When an ego runs wild !! Empty Re: Sly Stallone's "Rhinestone" debacle 1984 - When an ego runs wild !!

Post by Guest Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 11:22

Shame the lesson wasn't learned as "Oscar" and "Stop or my Mom will shoot" will attest to.

Clark let it be known he didn't want to work with Stallone again
Bet his ethics weren't strong enough to turn down the paycheque though.

Back to top Go down

Sly Stallone's "Rhinestone" debacle 1984 - When an ego runs wild !! Empty Re: Sly Stallone's "Rhinestone" debacle 1984 - When an ego runs wild !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 11:40

His job was to direct the movie....and he got paid for it..

Ethical dilemma for sure..

Do me a favor.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 12:03

Come on,

"This is a piece of sh!t"
"Walk away then"
"But I won't get paid"
"Shut the f*ck up then."

You know if Stallone dangled a big enough paycheque in front of him he'd agree to work with him again.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 12:07

Stallone didn't pay him....20th Century Fox did..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 17:46

I remember watching this movie in the 80s when it was on ITV one night. Didnt mind it but then again I liked Stop or my Mum will shoot and Oscar!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 14 Apr 2016 - 13:33

Adam D wrote:I remember watching this movie in the 80s when it was on ITV one night. Didnt mind it but then again I liked Stop or my Mum will shoot and Oscar!

Is it you who prefers the American Office as well?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 25 Apr 2016 - 22:47

I thankfully never saw this ...stuff.  

But what a woman Dolly always proves herself to be.  Stallone obviously didn't know who the hell she was or else he'd have known, even then, that she was the royalty as far as International fame went on set... and he was still the pauper.

I'm after looking up the cast.  It had Richard Farnsworth?  Great old cuss of a cowboy stuntman-cum-actor.  What the hell he did in this I dread to think.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down