The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BJS vs Eubank Jr 2???

+3
BoxingFan88
AdamT
tommyhearnsprodigalson
7 posters

Go down

BJS vs Eubank Jr 2??? Empty BJS vs Eubank Jr 2???

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Wed 13 Apr 2016, 8:33 pm

Just noticed that Billy Jo has called off his fight with Max Bursack due to a hand injury, I wonder what the chances of a rematch with Eubank Jr on July 9th are??

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

BJS vs Eubank Jr 2??? Empty Re: BJS vs Eubank Jr 2???

Post by AdamT Wed 13 Apr 2016, 8:40 pm

I'd really like to see a rematch. I would back Eubank.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 13 Apr 2016, 9:56 pm

Hopefully off for good

Eubank rematch on the fury card?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 Apr 2016, 11:33 am

BJS by an even clearer margin if he sorts his fitness out.

Unless Jr gets a lucky punch in BJS is too good a boxer and has a decent enough chin to not get stopped (Jr's power is good but unremarkable). Therefore Jr may sneak an SD but it'll be tight at best.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 14 Apr 2016, 12:59 pm

Eubanks has been really hammering Brit level fighters since his defeat. BJ outboxed Lee pretty clearly. Think I'll go Eubanks Jr. Late or Eubanks rallying to a tight 115-113 type card
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 Apr 2016, 2:45 pm

Not sure I understand your analysis, Kingy.

Since they last fought, a bout BJS won fairly comfortably despite the official decision which was only made close because Jr picked up rounds when BJS was blowing late on, BJS has beaten a world champion whose last two fights were wins over Korobov and Quillin whereas Jr has just dropped back to his own level and beat up on a few domestic level nobodies who have the sum total of 1 John Ryder win on their combined career CVs.

But you've arrived at a Jr win? He looks good taking out limited domestic level fighters, we know that. But fighting someone with a jab, with a boxing brain and with footwork (all from significant amateur pedigree which Jr forwent) I don't see any reason to think it'll be different to last time??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 14 Apr 2016, 2:49 pm

Will the winner ever fight GGG? I think Eubank might, if he were to win this time.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 14 Apr 2016, 3:04 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Not sure I understand your analysis, Kingy.

Since they last fought, a bout BJS won fairly comfortably despite the official decision which was only made close because Jr picked up rounds when BJS was blowing late on, BJS has beaten a world champion whose last two fights were wins over Korobov and Quillin whereas Jr has just dropped back to his own level and beat up on a few domestic level nobodies who have the sum total of 1 John Ryder win on their combined career CVs.

But you've arrived at a Jr win? He looks good taking out limited domestic level fighters, we know that. But fighting someone with a jab, with a boxing brain and with footwork (all from significant amateur pedigree which Jr forwent) I don't see any reason to think it'll be different to last time??

wasn't so much an analogy as a brief summary of what each has achieved since their fight.

Admittedly, my conclusion isn't analogous to the summary so I do understand the confusion. Backing CEJ because I think he's stepped it up a little more. Not sure about BJS. He out boxed Lee, but that happens in most Lee fights.

Last edited by kingraf on Thu 14 Apr 2016, 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 Apr 2016, 3:04 pm

Maybe. He's got no '0' to protect and goes for the glory and the money so it'd tick those boxes.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 14 Apr 2016, 3:06 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Maybe. He's got no '0' to protect and goes for the glory and the money so it'd tick those boxes.

I think him and his dad believe he could get the job done. Plus it would be good pay day. Getting past Saunders will certainly be a difficult task.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 Apr 2016, 3:07 pm

kingraf wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Not sure I understand your analysis, Kingy.

But you've arrived at a Jr win? He looks good taking out limited domestic level fighters, we know that.  But fighting someone with a jab, with a boxing brain and with footwork (all from significant amateur pedigree which Jr forwent) I don't see any reason to think it'll be different to last time??

?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 14 Apr 2016, 3:09 pm

Fixed. Toppy. My tablet is acting up
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 Apr 2016, 3:11 pm

Lol ok noted. thumbsup

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Fri 15 Apr 2016, 8:57 am

Saunders would win this more convincingly. Why people back Eubank is beyond me, the split decision didn't really reflect the fight.
Hit it on the head there that jr has dropped back a level, looks good against guys who block shots with their face but some of the wild swinging and missing he does all too often is painful to watch. I struggle to see him beat anyone who has a bit of ring generalship, and personally think that the Blackwell match was a duck of Danny jacobs.

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Fri 15 Apr 2016, 6:36 pm

Perhaps people back Eubank as Saunders still doesn't look as fit or strong as a middle weight world champion should look, and that it was mighty close last time out. Eubank is stronger, fitter, more aggressive.
BJS should win as he is the better boxer, but his " do just enough" approach is risky. He's not doing his talent justice as far as I'm concerned

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down