The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XII - Twelve Monkeys

+37
GLove39
Anglobraveheart
bsando
poddy89
reallybored
NeilyBroon
lostinwales
PhilBB
Manky-Flanker
Prothero
R!skysports
SRN
TJ
Tattie Scones RRN
VinceWLB
Nematode
BigGee
EST
Eejit
RuggerRadge2611
Majestic83
Hazel Sapling
MacKnocked-on
nickj
des
TheMildlyFranticLlama
EWT Spoons
IanBru
cakeordeath
jimbopip
highland_scot
21st Century Schizoid Man
George Carlin
funnyExiledScot
RDW
A Simply Mesmeric Try
41 posters

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XII - Twelve Monkeys - Page 12 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XII - Twelve Monkeys

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Thu 21 Apr 2016, 11:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

A Brief History of Time-Wasting
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XII - Twelve Monkeys - Page 12 BHO-Astronauts-Animals-in-space-00012087782635

https://www.606v2.com/t48240-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread
https://www.606v2.com/t51313-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-ii
https://www.606v2.com/t53119-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-iii
https://www.606v2.com/t54519-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-iv
https://www.606v2.com/t55409-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-v-the-fun-continues
https://www.606v2.com/t56913-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-vi-banter-boogaloo
https://www.606v2.com/t57946-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-vii
https://www.606v2.com/t58659-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-viii
https://www.606v2.com/t59409-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-ix
https://www.606v2.com/t60764-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-x-rated
https://www.606v2.com/t61904-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-xi-the-undiscovered-country

Edinburgh
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XII - Twelve Monkeys - Page 12 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRwKYyik1ZsD3_NYcbnfefbOA7hTaw1Oo_88AYpdNDsajawQmV
1872 Champions

Edinburgh's Fixtures & Results (click to show):

Glasgow
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XII - Twelve Monkeys - Page 12 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnVncYalRPIL7Z-Ia2Em4LrCX8uZulmt1PKHCS4z5p5kPxIEYs
1872 Runners-up

Glasgow Warrior's Fixtures & Results (click to show):

Ladies and Gents, Girls and Boys, it's season finale!

Guinness PRO12 Play Offs
Fri 20 May 19:45 - Semi Final
Leinster Rugby 30 - 18   Ulster Rugby - RDS Arena 19,100

Sat 21 May 18:30 - Semi Final
Connacht Rugby  16 - 11   Glasgow Warriors - Galway Sportsground 7,800

Sat 28 May 17:30 - Grand Final
Leinster Rugby  10 - 20  Connacht Rugby  - BT Murrayfield - 34,550

Cinderella story or what?! Congrats to the Galway posse who were the form team of the season!

Last edited by A Simply Mesmeric Try on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 6:08 am; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated scores from finals)
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XII - Twelve Monkeys - Page 12 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XII - Twelve Monkeys

Post by RDW Mon 27 Jun 2016, 8:16 pm

I'm preparing to be underwhelmed.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XII - Twelve Monkeys - Page 12 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XII - Twelve Monkeys

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 27 Jun 2016, 8:53 pm

I'm guessing it's going to be this lad, as I've not seen anything on him signing as yet

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/rugby-union/samoan-centre-tofilau-set-to-swap-kirkcaldy-for-edinburgh-1-4107213

Scotsman wrote:KIRKCALDY centre Sasa Tofilau has revealed he is set to sign a professional contract with Edinburgh Rugby.

Tofilau has revealed he is set to sign a professional contract with Edinburgh Rugby.

The Samoan has been training with the Capital outfit and recently produced a fine peformance in a trial match against Scotland Under-20s. That led to a place in Edinburgh’s team for the recent Melrose Sevens where he scored the winning try in the final.

Now the 20-year-old looks set to sign a deal at BT Murrayfield, providing the necessary visa paperwork can be obtained.

“Edinburgh are definitely interested,” Tofilau told Fife Today. “I’ve proved myself in training and in games and they’ve seen me playing at Kirkcaldy as well. I haven’t signed anything yet, but should do if I follow through with what I need to get.”

Tofilau came to Scotland six months ago after an approach from fellow Samoan and Kirkcaldy player-coach Quintan Sanft.

“He’s established here – this is where he met his wife and he’s got three girls – so it looked like it would be a great opportunity for me,” added Tofilau.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 27 Jun 2016, 9:31 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:I'm guessing it's going to be this lad, as I've not seen anything on him signing as yet

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/rugby-union/samoan-centre-tofilau-set-to-swap-kirkcaldy-for-edinburgh-1-4107213

Scotsman wrote:KIRKCALDY centre Sasa Tofilau has revealed he is set to sign a professional contract with Edinburgh Rugby.

Tofilau has revealed he is set to sign a professional contract with Edinburgh Rugby.

The Samoan has been training with the Capital outfit and recently produced a fine peformance in a trial match against Scotland Under-20s. That led to a place in Edinburgh’s team for the recent Melrose Sevens where he scored the winning try in the final.

Now the 20-year-old looks set to sign a deal at BT Murrayfield, providing the necessary visa paperwork can be obtained.

“Edinburgh are definitely interested,” Tofilau told Fife Today. “I’ve proved myself in training and in games and they’ve seen me playing at Kirkcaldy as well. I haven’t signed anything yet, but should do if I follow through with what I need to get.”

Tofilau came to Scotland six months ago after an approach from fellow Samoan and Kirkcaldy player-coach Quintan Sanft.

“He’s established here – this is where he met his wife and he’s got three girls – so it looked like it would be a great opportunity for me,” added Tofilau.

Not the sort of house guest I would be encouraging. Although Solomans did say he wanted a centre who knew how to score. Whistle

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 27 Jun 2016, 9:35 pm

He had 3 daughters in 6 months? That's fast work.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 27 Jun 2016, 10:06 pm

This some sort of captive breeding campaign for the future of Scottish rugby?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 27 Jun 2016, 10:20 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:I'm guessing it's going to be this lad, as I've not seen anything on him signing as yet

You've guessed correctly!

I've only seen him at the Melrose 7s but he was a standout player there due to his physicality.  Given that will be negated somewhat in professional rugby it will be interesting to see what the rest of his skillset is like.

Hardly a groundbreaking signing but he's young and will be cheap, and it is only a 1 year deal.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 27 Jun 2016, 10:37 pm

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 29 Jun 2016, 11:17 pm

Edinburgh draw Harlequins, Stade Francais and a random Romanian team in the Challenge cup.

Tough pool, great trips to London and Paris though!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 29 Jun 2016, 11:27 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Edinburgh draw Harlequins, Stade Francais and a random Romanian team in the Challenge cup.

Tough pool, great trips to London and Paris though!

Don't go all Nigel Farage on us! Wink

Everyone has heard of the Timisoara Saracens right??

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 29 Jun 2016, 11:34 pm

Glasgow drawn with Racing

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 29 Jun 2016, 11:37 pm

And Leicester....

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 29 Jun 2016, 11:38 pm

Munster

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 29 Jun 2016, 11:39 pm

Racing
Glasgow
Leicester
Munster

There's always next year....

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 29 Jun 2016, 11:39 pm

Easy group for Glasgow then.....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Wed 29 Jun 2016, 11:40 pm

Love sacks.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Wed 29 Jun 2016, 11:42 pm

Jesus. What a smack in the face

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 30 Jun 2016, 1:10 am

Don't worry - with players like Matawalu, Maitland and Nakarawa we've always got a chance.

Oh. Wait.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Thu 30 Jun 2016, 1:24 am

As things stand, the likes of Tjiuee Uanivi, Leonardo Sarto, retiree Corey Flynn and Nemia Kenatale, alongside the 'old' hands - Rory Clegg, Djustice Sears-Duru and Jarrod Firth; don't really have the same ring to them, do they...

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 30 Jun 2016, 2:11 am

nickj wrote:As things stand, the likes of Tjiuee Uanivi, Leonardo Sarto, retiree Corey Flynn and Nemia Kenatale, alongside the 'old' hands - Rory Clegg, Djustice Sears-Duru and Jarrod Firth; don't really have the same ring to them, do they...

Can we call him Shooie? Or Shug, if we're being polite.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Thu 30 Jun 2016, 5:09 am

jimbopip wrote:
nickj wrote:As things stand, the likes of Tjiuee Uanivi, Leonardo Sarto, retiree Corey Flynn and Nemia Kenatale, alongside the 'old' hands - Rory Clegg, Djustice Sears-Duru and Jarrod Firth; don't really have the same ring to them, do they...

Or Dave.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 30 Jun 2016, 7:13 am

jimbopip wrote:

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XII - Twelve Monkeys - Page 12 Stewie10

Last edited by George Carlin on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 30 Jun 2016, 5:25 pm

Eejit wrote:
jimbopip wrote:

Or Dave.

Dave? Dave? It all becomes clear, now, Eejit Is Parliamo Glesga for Plonker.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 30 Jun 2016, 11:39 pm

A couple of big reunions on the cards with the Euro draw next season - Nakarawa back to Glasgow and Visser back to Edinburgh.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 01 Jul 2016, 12:09 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:A couple of big reunions on the cards with the Euro draw next season - Nakarawa back to Glasgow and Visser back to Edinburgh.

One of whom will be making lots of runs with ball in hand, beating defenders, offloading and putting in thunderous tackles.
The other will be impersonating a turnstile.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 01 Jul 2016, 12:10 am

jimbopip wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:A couple of big reunions on the cards with the Euro draw next season - Nakarawa back to Glasgow and Visser back to Edinburgh.

One of whom will be making lots of runs with ball in hand, beating defenders, offloading and putting in thunderous tackles.
The other will be impersonating a turnstile.

Good thing you've singed Tjiuee Uaniv to combat him then!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 01 Jul 2016, 12:13 am

We'll have to send Cornel Du Preez down that channel!!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 01 Jul 2016, 12:16 am

Nakarawa vs Tim Swinson. Jeez, that's a toughie.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 01 Jul 2016, 12:16 am

All joking aside, Mr Shiny Green thingy I have a sneaking suspicion that young Mr Cummings may have a little bit more about him than young Jonny. Not in the tackling stakes, obviously, but he has something about him that makes me think he will be one that takes up a lot of column inches here in future seasons.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 01 Jul 2016, 12:24 am

Let's just make this clear to avoid any confusion:

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XII - Twelve Monkeys - Page 12 Dewey10   Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XII - Twelve Monkeys - Page 12 New_si10
       Tjiuee              Dewey
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 01 Jul 2016, 12:30 am

jimbopip wrote:All joking aside, Mr Shiny Green thingy I have a sneaking suspicion that young Mr Cummings may have a little bit more about him than young Jonny. Not in the tackling stakes, obviously, but he has something about him that makes me think he will be one that takes up a lot of column inches here in future seasons.

Let's be frank though, we do dedicate a lot of time to talking about duff players as well!

That's some big hype for a player with no affiliation to Ayr.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 01 Jul 2016, 1:33 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:

Nakarawa vs Tim Swinson. Jeez, that's a toughie.

It was interesting that when Toonie was interviewed about the draw he said, if I remember correctly, "If Racing s where Leone has gone..." which suggests to me his agent could be holding out for a final offer.
My own feeling is that Glasgow play Simone at 7 and the Giant Red Crayon at 6 with instructions to spend 80 minutes in his face. Of course that would give the Carter fella lots of time and space, but what would he do with it?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 01 Jul 2016, 2:04 am

To be fair if anyone knows the best way to stop him it will be Glasgow.

Problem is they'll have 14 other players to try and stop too...

Will be entertaining to see Visser V Hoyland - even their combined tackling ability is still miles away from a normal player!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 01 Jul 2016, 2:28 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:To be fair if anyone knows the best way to stop him it will be Glasgow.

Problem is they'll have 14 other players to try and stop too...

Will be entertaining to see Visser V Hoyland - even their combined tackling ability is still miles away from a normal player!

A touch rugby contest if ever there was one!

I do miss Visser though, and the days of "just give him the ball" under Bradley. Actually I don't.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 01 Jul 2016, 11:20 pm

Nick De Luca signs for Wasps! Shocked

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/36685180

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 01 Jul 2016, 11:27 pm

Just saw that De Luca news as well and couldn't help but laugh. I'm trying to think of two less likely training buddies than NDL and James Haskell.....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 01 Jul 2016, 11:39 pm

I can't believe he's only 32.

He could technically have still being playing for Scotland...!

Utterly bizzare signing - Biarriz have even been relegation again so they are in the French 2nd division now. Hardly a ringing endorsement!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Fri 01 Jul 2016, 11:57 pm

To be fair to De Luca he did actually have a pretty decent season for Biarritz playing the majority of their games and getting pretty good reviews. Biarritz finished mid table in 8th place but could possibly be relegated due to financial problems, same as Narbonne and one other team but are appealing this. Probably not too bad a short term injury cover signing till Beale is back fit.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 02 Jul 2016, 6:25 am

Well done on Butterfingers' agent - he's certainly earned his corn with that signing. 

He might look less rubbish in a great Wasps side - who knows?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 04 Jul 2016, 7:45 am

George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by poddy89 Mon 04 Jul 2016, 11:18 am

I was reading a pre season thing for glasgow and they have a game against Gloucester and harlequins which I think are pretty good choices. Does anyone know if either of these are at scoutston? Maybe our first chance to play on the pitch.

Any idea on Edinburgh's pre season games?

poddy89

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 04 Jul 2016, 5:35 pm

Both Glasgow's games are away - they're staying down south for the week between games for squad bonding etc.

Edinburgh have announced theirs but I can't find it anywhere!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by poddy89 Mon 04 Jul 2016, 6:50 pm

That's not a bad idea for them to have the week down south, will be interesting to see how it goes with the whole squad together from the start and might see some of our new guys making an appearance.

Really hoping that glasgow get a new lease of life this season and play the fast running game they played last season,

poddy89

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 04 Jul 2016, 7:57 pm

George Carlin wrote:Well done on Butterfingers' agent - he's certainly earned his corn with that signing. 

It worked for Hugo Southwell

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 04 Jul 2016, 9:32 pm

lostinwales wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Well done on Butterfingers' agent - he's certainly earned his corn with that signing. 

It worked for Hugo Southwell

....and Kenny Logan.

We should send Tim Swinson and Ryan Wilson to Wasps....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Tue 05 Jul 2016, 12:38 am

Irish have announced their squad for next season. It looks like the likes of Cowan and Williams are staying put. Pretty strong squad IMO. http://www.planetrugby.com/news/trio-released-by-london-irish/. Personally would have loved Glasgow to pinch Franks and Edinburgh to have nabbed Johnny Williams, Scott Steele and Cowan...

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Tue 05 Jul 2016, 12:49 am

In other news, Kieran Low has left Glasgow... Shocked

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 05 Jul 2016, 1:07 am

nickj wrote:Irish have announced their squad for next season. It looks like the likes of Cowan and Williams are staying put. Pretty strong squad IMO. http://www.planetrugby.com/news/trio-released-by-london-irish/. Personally would have loved Glasgow to pinch Franks and Edinburgh to have nabbed Johnny Williams, Scott Steele and Cowan...
Me too. Imagine have two thirds of a RWC winning All Black front row plus a prop from Ayr.

World class in every conceivable respect.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Tue 05 Jul 2016, 1:40 am

Imagine... Racing and Leicester would have been quaking in their boots

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 05 Jul 2016, 2:31 am

nickj wrote:In other news, Kieran Low has left Glasgow... Shocked

The epitome of a low impact player. Where's he gone, and don't say Edinburgh.....?

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Tue 05 Jul 2016, 3:02 am

No mention of where. 4 games in a season. He must be worried about getting any type of contract

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next