The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floyd and Conor bff

+11
Atila
Dipper Brown
hazharrison
smashingstormcrow
Rodney
Derbymanc
Lance
catchweight
kingraf
TRUSSMAN66
AdamT
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Floyd and Conor bff Empty Floyd and Conor bff

Post by AdamT Sat 14 May 2016, 10:00 am

Floyd has officially called McGregor out. He states that Conor will be no push over and the fight can absolutely happen.

No doubt these guys ran into each other at a club in Vegas. After about an hour of hugging and kissing, they have came up with this crazy idea of making money.

They will pretend they have never met and will trash each other relentlessly. Idiots will believe the hate is genuine and suck it up.

The circus act will make loads of dollars, that's what motivates both these guys.

I hope it doesn't happen and Floyd is just grabbing some media attention, before he announces Garcia, who has come out recently saying he will be the one to dethrone Floyd.

Garcia wouldn't be my first choice, but it's a real boxing matchup. Leave Conor McGregor until WrestleMania or dancing with the stars.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Floyd and Conor bff Empty Re: Floyd and Conor bff

Post by Guest Sat 14 May 2016, 5:15 pm

Apparently this is all coming from Floyd and nobody in the CM camp has actually been contacted. I think Floyd is looking to grab some media attention and as you say it has the potential to make a lot of money. CM is probably the biggest name out their in combat sports at the moment. I read some comments from Dana White, forgot what he actually said, CM would need to terminate his contract with the UFC if the fight was actually going to happen. Floyds age aside I would give CM zero chance.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 14 May 2016, 5:22 pm

Floyd shouldn't be giving an inferior sportsman and sport oxygen and neither should any other top fighter from past or present..

Girly boys rolling on the floor pulling hair and rubbing themselves up against each other should be given contempt not free publicity..

Boxing is an honorable sport with a heritage..

Shouldn't be associated with this puke..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 May 2016, 5:27 pm

Well its no different to what goes on down at the Oyster bar, but then I suppose they don't televise it. I'm sure you could purchase a DVD though Wink

I think Floyd is giving himself oxygen tbh

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 14 May 2016, 5:31 pm

Just thought I'd wind you up... Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 May 2016, 5:35 pm

thumbsup

Got said DVD's if you are interested Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 14 May 2016, 5:36 pm

The bodybuilder who idolizes drugged up poofs in their underwear, calling great fighters girly?

Do you see the irony Truss??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 14 May 2016, 5:40 pm

AdamT wrote:The bodybuilder who idolizes drugged up poofs in their underwear, calling great fighters girly?

Ebony and Irony live together in perfect harmony..

Without their underwear... heart

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 14 May 2016, 5:42 pm

Lol

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 14 May 2016, 5:44 pm

Anyway it won't happen. I don't know why Floyd is entertaining the idea with fighting the idiot.

It wouldn't go six rounds. Floyd knocks him out. McGregor would be a novice in there.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 May 2016, 5:45 pm

AdamT wrote:The bodybuilder who idolizes drugged up poofs in their underwear, calling great fighters girly?

Basically what the Oyster is packed with on a Saturday night!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 14 May 2016, 5:51 pm

I once had a relationship with a transvestite at the Oyster..

It was awful she kept accusing me of seeing another Man.. Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 14 May 2016, 6:15 pm

I can see this going one of two ways with the same result.

Scenario 1: Mayweather fights McG in a boxing match, Mayweather cruises but Conor comes strong enough in the last few rounds to make people think he'd win a rematch under MMA rules. They rematch and Conor cruises to a clean enough win.

Scenario 2: Mayweather faces McG in an MMA fight. He maybe stuns Conor pretty early and almost outs him out. Maybe survives two or three rounds, and people wonder who'd win in a boxing match. They rematch and Floyd cruises home

In either scenario Fight 1 does 800k-1 million. The second does 1.5m to 2m. Each figjter makes $45m from these farces and the winner by unanimous decison is the fighters' bank accounts
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 14 May 2016, 6:58 pm

So Mcgregor gives Floyd a better boxing match than many top class operators who have spent their lives concentrating just on the fine art..

Don't think carrying mcgregor would lead to a lucrative MMA rematch..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 14 May 2016, 7:07 pm

Floyd clowns him and stops him easy.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 14 May 2016, 7:25 pm

I follow SportsCenter on Facebook and I can guarantee that A LOT of people think that Conor could give Floyd a serious fight. Hell it doesn't even have to be a Rd 10-12 rally, even a rally like the one Chavez put up against Martinez having been a side burned speed bag for eleven rounds probably gets flutters
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 14 May 2016, 7:27 pm

No defence. Never boxed at an elite level. Easiest Fight for Floyd in years.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 May 2016, 8:38 pm

don't see why there would even be hype for this match, you can't even do a hearn job & call both undefeated. this is a nothing story, for me, bit of sad play by floyd to get back in the game. why retire in the first place?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 May 2016, 9:17 pm

kingraf wrote:I follow SportsCenter on Facebook and I can guarantee that A LOT of people think that Conor could give Floyd a serious fight. Hell it doesn't even have to be a Rd 10-12 rally, even a rally like the one Chavez put up against Martinez having been a side burned speed bag for eleven rounds probably gets flutters

Its on Facebook then its gotta be true! McNuggets get everywhere, worse than Flomo's & Pactards and still making excuses for the Diaz Loss.

But lets be serious, Its Floyd in a boxing match & CM in MMA. CM brings nothing that Floyd hasn't seen before and Floyd has no kicks, takedown defence, Jiujitsu, grappling or ground defence.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 14 May 2016, 9:29 pm

The master wins at his trade, the jack of all trades wins his game.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 May 2016, 9:34 pm

Floyd at Barcelona next season? He's got good footwork. Or maybe formula 1? Guy drives nice cars. With his hand to eye coordination he's probably a great darts player!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 May 2016, 11:21 pm

This could be an anti-establishment thing.  McGregor has currently been banned by the UFC for fighting with them.  Step in business man Floyd Mayweather seeing an opportunity to set up a fight outside of the UFC with one of the most marketable stars of the UFC.  I don't know whether he thinks he is a good mixed martial arts but he might be wanting to set up his own fights.  I seem to recall Muhammad Ali mentioned as having dabbled in MMA. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Ali_vs._Antonio_Inoki

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 15 May 2016, 12:28 am

McGregor would easily win in MMA and Mayweather would win even easier in boxing.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sun 15 May 2016, 6:22 am

Mayweather has retired. But hes still being talked about on here whilst most actual boxing seems to go unnoticed

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 15 May 2016, 10:55 am

That wasn't MMA Nore it was wrestling and there's loads of stories abound about it. Ali thought it was gonna be a fixed wrestling match, Inoki thought it was a genuine wrestling match. The Black Panthers got involved and told inoki that if he hit Ali properly above the knee he'd be punished (hence it went 12 rounds of Inoki lying on his back kicking his shins)

Mental

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 May 2016, 4:42 pm

Nore Staat wrote:This could be an anti-establishment thing.  McGregor has currently been banned by the UFC for fighting with them.  Step in business man Floyd Mayweather seeing an opportunity to set up a fight outside of the UFC with one of the most marketable stars of the UFC.  I don't know whether he thinks he is a good mixed martial arts but he might be wanting to set up his own fights.  I seem to recall Muhammad Ali mentioned as having dabbled in MMA. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Ali_vs._Antonio_Inoki

I don't think he has actually been banned from fighting for the UFC, rumours are that he will rematch Diaz at UFC 202 with conformation within the week. I have also heard that Floyd has shown an interest in promoting an MMA event. Don't see him participating in a MMA fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon 16 May 2016, 9:28 am

How will this get sanctioned its a joke, I think Mayweather beats him in both formats personally, a supposed fighting superstar McGregor who was gassed to hell after one round of standing up fighting - Floyd will ping his head off. Tough kids the UFC fighters but I think the standard is pretty abysmal generally - watched the supposed Heavyweight Champ on Saturday walking in a straight line punching the thin air - pretty dismal really.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Mon 16 May 2016, 1:13 pm

I'm gonna put my neck on the line, and say that Floyd would win in a boxing match, and Conor would win in a MMA fight.

Surely more interesting (and fair) to get them to compete in a sport that neither of them are very good at. Taekwondo? Fencing? Or maybe ditch the combat element altogether, and go for squash or badminton.

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 16 May 2016, 1:34 pm

Say this happens and, say Floyd is boxing his lugs off round after round. What's to stop McGregor suddenly kicking Floyd's teeth out? He saves face and becomes a hero to the TMZ generation.

What's the worst that could happen? A boxing ban?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 16 May 2016, 1:35 pm

hazharrison wrote:Say this happens and, say Floyd is boxing his lugs off round after round. What's to stop McGregor suddenly kicking Floyd's teeth out? He saves face and becomes a hero to the TMZ generation.

That naughty Floyd !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Mon 16 May 2016, 1:58 pm

It'll be in WWE if it happens. Best place for it.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 16 May 2016, 2:20 pm

hazharrison wrote:Say this happens and, say Floyd is boxing his lugs off round after round. What's to stop McGregor suddenly kicking Floyd's teeth out? He saves face and becomes a hero to the TMZ generation.

Ground and pound all the way! lol

No doubt Floyd would have a stipulation of any fouls (other than from himself) mean automatic dq and pay Floyd a fine of $20 mill.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 16 May 2016, 2:24 pm

Won't happen...

Anyway Boxing and Floyd shouldn't lower themselves...

Should be banned for bringing the sport into disrepute thinking about it..

Rather watch KFC than UFC...Minority sport aimed at thugs..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 May 2016, 2:33 pm

Steve Bunce is no fan of McGregor. he says there is a boxing gym in Ireland when McGregor occasionally trains and his sparring partners, who are nothing special, absolutely dominate him.

Personally, I like McGregor, he brings the OTT element to an OTT sport such as MMA. I like that he tried to push himself against Diaz and was big enough to admit he wasn't good enough.

Whilst nothing would give me greater pleasure than watching Maywether get the sh!t slapped out of him, Conor isn't the guy to do it and the whole thing stinks of a publicity stunt designed to do nothing more than stop people thinking about Kim KKardashian's ar$e for a couple of minutes.

Everyone involved should f*ck off and lie down in a quiet room until the silliness passes

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 16 May 2016, 2:51 pm

David Haye belongs in UFC...No class.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 May 2016, 2:53 pm

You belong in the aforementioned quiet room

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 16 May 2016, 3:03 pm

He hasn't got any class has he.... Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 May 2016, 3:30 pm

He has, just not as much as you seem to think he should have...especially when you profess admiration for a convicted wife beater and serial c*nt like Floyd.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 16 May 2016, 3:32 pm

DAVE667 wrote:He has, just not as much as you seem to think he should have...especially when you profess admiration for a convicted wife beater and serial c*nt like Floyd.

Classless statement right there.......No wonder you like him.. Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 May 2016, 3:39 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:He has, just not as much as you seem to think he should have...especially when you profess admiration for a convicted wife beater and serial c*nt like Floyd.

Classless statement right there.......No wonder you like him.. Cool
It's fact, he's a convicted wife beater and, whilst I may be using the vernacular, Floyd fits the criteria for being a c*nt...so as much as you dislike it, I'm right. Also, the fact that he fails to appreciate that he's a c*nt shows just why you like him! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 16 May 2016, 3:48 pm

You like Haye the whole package.........You must do because his career has been ordinary....

But hey its your prerogative.....Maybe all those Slayer concerts have fried your brain..

...Now go make the tea... mug

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Mon 16 May 2016, 8:24 pm

smashingstormcrow wrote:I'm gonna put my neck on the line, and say that Floyd would win in a boxing match, and Conor would win in a MMA fight.

Surely more interesting (and fair) to get them to compete in a sport that neither of them are very good at. Taekwondo? Fencing? Or maybe ditch the combat element altogether, and go for squash or badminton.

How about they meet in a kick boxing fight? No wrestling on the floor, just allow boxing and kicks.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 16 May 2016, 8:32 pm

I think Conor would win that. Leg kicks are extremely sore.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 May 2016, 11:32 am

AdamT wrote:I think Conor would win that. Leg kicks are extremely sore.

Yeah, I can see Floyd feeling a couple and then start running screwing his face up in pain. Anybody remember Trevor Berbicks foray into Kickboxing? I think he fought Remy Bonjasky. Claimed that he didn't know the rules!

The whole thing is a joke though, as somebody has said its just a big publicity stunt for both fighters. I think I special one off WWE with a big televised build up with non stop trash talking & posturing is the way!

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 17 May 2016, 11:39 am

I have felt hard leg kicks when I used to kick box. If it hit in the right spot, you can have a serious dead leg. Not great for balance or trying to sit down on punches.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 May 2016, 11:56 am

Me to and that was from either from people with shin guards or holding a pad and kicking without shin guards. Had a dead leg for about 3 days. Got kicked in the rib section whilst holding a pad and whilst it didn't actually hurt it knocked me sideways and all of the air out of me and had to take a knee. The closest I've come to being knocked out. If you haven't seen it watch 'The Fight That Changed History'. A Thai Boxer comes to USA to fight US Kickboxing champion, forget his name now but his brother went on to become one of the USA's top Muay Thai trainers, got his legs smashed up and was taken out on a stretcher.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 17 May 2016, 12:11 pm

sohotnot wrote:Me to and that was from either from people with shin guards or holding a pad and kicking without shin guards. Had a dead leg for about 3 days. Got kicked in the rib section whilst holding a pad and whilst it didn't actually hurt it knocked me sideways and all of the air out of me and had to take a knee. The closest I've come to being knocked out. If you haven't seen it watch 'The Fight That Changed History'. A Thai Boxer comes to USA to fight US Kickboxing champion, forget his name now but his brother went on to become one of the USA's top Muay Thai trainers, got his legs smashed up and was taken out on a stretcher.

Sounds similar to kickboxer lol

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 17 May 2016, 12:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpl_7w8-jTE

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 May 2016, 12:17 pm

Its worth a watch, its old so quality is not brilliant but here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpl_7w8-jTE

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 17 May 2016, 12:18 pm

Cheers fellas. I will give it a look later.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next