The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS LANCASHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

+6
LondonTiger
kingdaveeagle
Good Golly I'm Olly
guildfordbat
James100
jimbobgooner
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

SURREY VS LANCASHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP  Empty SURREY VS LANCASHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 21 May 2016, 11:46 am

SURREY HAVE NAMED A THIRTEEN MAN SQUAD FOR THE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AGAINST LANCASHIRE AT THE EMIRATES OLD TRAFFORD STARTING ON SUNDAY.
Stuart Meaker is named in a Championship squad for the first time this season but Ravi Rampaul is unavailable for selection due to the hamstring strain he sustained against Middlesex.
Jade Dernbach and Zafar Ansari remain on the treatment table on the plus side Matthew Dunn has recovered from his hamstring injury sustained against Yorkshire.
Sam curran has gone back for more exams (latin) (politics) Very Happy
THE SURREY SQUAD TO PLAY LANCASHIRE AT THE EMIRATES OLD TRAFFORD ON SUNDAY 22ND MAY, MONDAY 23RD MAY, TUESDAY 24TH MAY AND WEDNESDAY 25TH MAY :
Gareth Batty (capt)
James Burke
Rory Burns
Tom Curran
Steven Davies
Matthew Dunn
Ben Foakes
Arun Harinath
Stuart Meaker
Mathew Pillans
Jason Roy
Kumar Sangakkara
Gary Wilson
wilson will carry the drinks again and i'd go for dunn to miss out as well
over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS LANCASHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP  Empty Re: SURREY VS LANCASHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by James100 Sat 21 May 2016, 12:11 pm

Think you're right Jimbob on who'll miss out. I'll be very disappointed if Meaker ends up not playing.

James100

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS LANCASHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP  Empty Re: SURREY VS LANCASHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by guildfordbat Sat 21 May 2016, 12:28 pm

Thanks once more, JimBob.

Agree with you on the most likely eleven although a few will be sweating on their places.

I'm still puzzled that Foakes didn't play last night. Assume he's fully fit. Have you / Olly / James etc seen any interweb tweets Wink about that?

Anyway, could really do with a win in Manchester. Imo, Lancs are a bottom 4 team ... although the table doesn't agree!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Sat 21 May 2016, 1:05 pm

Seen nothing to suggest he isn't fit. I guess they just figured he wasn't worth his place as a batsman (being a relatively slow scorer) and had Wilson there, so didn't need him to keep.

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 21 May 2016, 1:14 pm

Thanks, James. That might be how things are perceived but Foakes' strike rate in t20s is actually slightly better than that of both Wilson and Burns.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 22 May 2016, 12:16 am

I don't think there's much between Wilson/Foakes/Burns in T20's personally - imagine we'll see them rotated throughout the competition

I think it'll be Wilson and Meaker missing out tomorrow - providing Dunn is fit
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Sun 22 May 2016, 10:40 am

Woo Meaker gets a game! Now to hope my faith in his isn't misguided.

Wilson and Dunn miss out.

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 22 May 2016, 10:48 am

Woo again, James! Surrey win toss and bat. Vital we make that count .... back around 12:30 ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 22 May 2016, 11:12 am

Do we reckon Meaker will bat with his box on today then?! Wink
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 22 May 2016, 11:34 am

So Gareth about that decision to bat first....
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 22 May 2016, 11:38 am

According to comms the ball is hooping around with fizz off the pitch
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Sun 22 May 2016, 11:49 am

Just checked the score steam

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 22 May 2016, 11:59 am

Both away sides have batted first and lost at Lancs this season, probably should've taken note of that huh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 22 May 2016, 12:17 pm

40 for 5 picard

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Sun 22 May 2016, 12:19 pm

Time for Burke to show that he's not batting too high at no. 7

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 22 May 2016, 12:21 pm

We need to somehow scrape upto 175-200
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 22 May 2016, 12:24 pm

Everytime you think we can't get any worse Rolling Eyes

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 22 May 2016, 12:31 pm

Guildford don't look Yikes

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 22 May 2016, 12:49 pm

James and JimBob - what the heck have you two been up to? Leave you in charge for a couple of hours while I go out and return to an absolute bloodbath!! Shocked Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 22 May 2016, 12:55 pm

Good job Gooch isn't here Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 22 May 2016, 1:11 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:Good job Gooch isn't here Laugh

I'm surprised King Dave hasn't popped in with a few words of encouragement! Very Happy

Listened to the last 15 minutes or so - sounded like Burns had played well and Burke was battling hard. However, a massive uphill battle from now. We just can't afford to give away an opening session like that.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 22 May 2016, 3:31 pm

Bad news play restarting now Sad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by kingdaveeagle Sun 22 May 2016, 3:41 pm

guildfordbat wrote:

I'm surprised King Dave hasn't popped in with a few words of encouragement! Very Happy

Listened to the last 15 minutes or so - sounded like Burns had played well and Burke was battling hard. However, a massive uphill battle from now. We just can't afford to give away an opening session like that.

Sorry - I was out this morning (as were half the Surrey side!).

kingdaveeagle

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Sun 22 May 2016, 3:57 pm

kingdaveeagle wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:

Sad

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 22 May 2016, 4:01 pm

kingdaveeagle wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:

laughing clap

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 22 May 2016, 4:14 pm

Burke goes for 31 - in the context of this innings a good score!

Hopefully we can scrape 200 to give ourselves a chance to turn it around

150 is pretty much game over
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 22 May 2016, 4:30 pm

7 down truly pathetic

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 22 May 2016, 4:33 pm

Currently 116/7. Olly's hoped for 200 looks a long way off.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 22 May 2016, 4:40 pm

50 for third degree clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 22 May 2016, 4:42 pm

Tea 126 for 7 Doh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 22 May 2016, 4:49 pm

Are we looking at bringing in Sibley and Wilson if we fail again 2nd time?

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Sun 22 May 2016, 5:08 pm

Who for? Burns has been the least impressive thus far this season, and he's standing tall as everyone else falls around him today. I think they'll give thought to going with Wilson as an extra batsman—Harinath taking the role of fifth bowler—but then who does Sibley come in for?

Davies, who scored a century a couple of matches ago? Harinath is the only other option really, but then you're left with Roy as the fifth bowler. We desperately need Ansari and/or Sam Curran back to balance the side.

I wouldn't want to be a Surrey selector. Erm

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 22 May 2016, 5:50 pm

Pillans to the crease

Last edited by jimbobgooner on Sun 22 May 2016, 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 22 May 2016, 5:51 pm

In some ways, I suspect Stewie and MDV wouldn't be too upset if one of the top 5 copped a small injury or went down with the lurgy after this match. That would get Wilson and hopefully a bit more steel into the batting and make a tricky decision for them.

Not sure Sibley could also be accommodated unless we have a night of the long knives.

The problem with going with only 4 main bowlers is that they all need to be fully firing, in terms of both fitness and accuracy - that would worry me.

The way I feel atm I would sacrifice the elegance of Davies for the fight of Wilson, tell Roy and Sanga they're next if they don't immediately do something more and hope Sam and Zaf are available bl**dy soon!!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 22 May 2016, 5:52 pm

Burns looking to do a Jon batty

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 22 May 2016, 5:55 pm

Meaker to the crease looking like heartbreak for Rory

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 22 May 2016, 5:59 pm

No idea why Burns isn't trying to protect Meaker

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 22 May 2016, 6:02 pm

As James has said we need one of Sam Curran/Ansari back asap to provide balance to the side - Burke just doesn't provide that in Div 1 unfortunately

If we had our first choice attack fit I'd imagine we'd have seen 4 bowlers and Sibley in as the extra batsman by now. But we've been ravaged by bowling injuries so can't do that imo
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 22 May 2016, 6:06 pm

Third degree into the nervous nineties Fingers Crossed

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 22 May 2016, 6:07 pm

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 22 May 2016, 6:09 pm

Jon batty will sleep safe

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 22 May 2016, 6:10 pm

A fantastic knock from Burns comes to an end just short of a century, Surrey all out for 192

Obviously poo from the top/middle order, but decent fight from the lower order to support Burns has at least given us a chance providing we bowl and bat well for the rest of the game
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 22 May 2016, 6:10 pm

Real shame Burns was unable to carry his bat.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Sun 22 May 2016, 6:10 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:Third degree into the nervous nineties Fingers Crossed

...but no further. steam

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 22 May 2016, 6:13 pm

Olly what are you smoking Rolling Eyes

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 22 May 2016, 6:15 pm

So one point from 10 avaliable batting points simply not good enough thumbsdown

Last edited by jimbobgooner on Sun 22 May 2016, 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 22 May 2016, 6:19 pm

Think we'll have a maximum of 12 overs to bowl at Lancs tonight. I regard those as crucial to turning this match around. If we can get at least 2 wickets, we'll be back in with a chance. If they end, say, 40/0 the match will have slipped away further.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 22 May 2016, 7:50 pm

Think we can file that into the "not very good day" file....Surrey will need to have three days that can go into the "very good day" file if they're to rescue anything from this match

There are shoots of recovery there, at 40-5 with a long tail getting all out for under 100 was a real possibility, but we'll need to bowl Lancs out for 250-275 maximum if we're to have a chance of turning it around.

Surprised to see Pillans get the new ball over Meaker too
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 22 May 2016, 7:51 pm

Tight enough by Surrey in those 12 overs but no real scares for Lancs' openers who understandably seemed content to see it through to stumps.

Excellent effort by Burns - a real shame he couldn't get 200 up for us and a deserved century for himself. If he could just go on to make those 3 figure bigger scores (and I fully accept no-one on our side helped him much today), he would attract interest from England selectors.

Very poor from too many of the others. Saw the early wickets on Lancs twitter. Sanga seemed disbelieving of his dismissal but it seemed a fair call to me. Backsides need to be kicked and I wouldn't exclude anyone just because of past reputations.

With only 1 innings batted, too early to call the result of this match but feel it's fair to say we're a long way behind and looking in a lot of trouble.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 22 May 2016, 7:59 pm

If we're to drop a batsman for next game it has to be one of Roy/Davies - both averaging around the 30 mark so far this season. For me I'd be more inclined to drop Davies, but I have no real basis for that other than gut feel!

If it were up to me (and this is presuming Sam Curran/Ansari aren't back) - I would drop Burke and bring in Sibley. I think you can get what Burke brings as the 5th bowler from a combination of Sibley/Harinath - and Sibley is a much better bat than Burke.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next