The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McLaren will take title from Mercedes - Ron Dennis

Go down

McLaren will take title from Mercedes - Ron Dennis Empty McLaren will take title from Mercedes - Ron Dennis

Post by dyrewolfe Mon May 23, 2016 1:35 pm

Just read this which made me chuckle...you gotta love his optimism...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/36328099

McLaren will be the team to break Mercedes' domination of Formula 1, according to chairman Ron Dennis.

The team are languishing mid-grid following last year's establishment of a new engine partnership with Honda.

But Dennis told BBC Sport: "I honestly believe that the next world champions after Mercedes will be McLaren. We'll get to that goal before other people.

"It is challenging but I have a firm belief in the technical competence of our people and a firm belief in Honda."

That's quite a bold statement to make, given the changes that will come in next season and before anyone has any idea of the new pecking order (if indeed there is one).

Of course, I'd love it to be true, but there are just too many unknowns - the biggest one being which team will interpret the new technical regs the most effectively. Additionally, I think its safe to assume the Honda power plant will still be somewhat down on power - compared to Mercedes and Ferrari, at least.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

McLaren will take title from Mercedes - Ron Dennis Empty Re: McLaren will take title from Mercedes - Ron Dennis

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2016 1:47 pm

I remember his interview with Brundle in 2014 in the garages of Suzuka. The exact words below.

Brundle - 'how good is the new Honda engine for 2015?'
Ron Dennis - 'Martin, it's mind-blowing'

Laugh

Anyone with half a brain, probably knows it's most likely going to be Red Bull.

Back to top Go down

McLaren will take title from Mercedes - Ron Dennis Empty Re: McLaren will take title from Mercedes - Ron Dennis

Post by dyrewolfe Mon May 23, 2016 1:59 pm

LiamB wrote:I remember his interview with Brundle in 2014 in the garages of Suzuka. The exact words below.

Brundle -  'how good is the new Honda engine for 2015?'
Ron Dennis - 'Martin, it's mind-blowing up'

Laugh

Anyone with half a brain, probably knows it's most likely going to be Red Bull.

Laugh I don't think I saw that one. Just fixed it for historical accuracy. Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2016 2:16 pm

https://youtu.be/Av0t6EyqeaM

3.45 onwards

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down