The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 Players out for Wales

Go down

3 Players out for Wales Empty 3 Players out for Wales

Post by Not grey and not a ghost Wed 22 Jun 2016, 4:14 am

Gethin Jenkins, Bradley Davies and Josh Turnbull are all out with injuries.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11661305

Not grey and not a ghost

Posts : 150
Join date : 2016-03-16

Back to top Go down

3 Players out for Wales Empty Re: 3 Players out for Wales

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 22 Jun 2016, 7:43 am

Turnbull wouldn't have been involved anyway so no big loss. Evans will step in for Jenkins and Ball onto the bench for Davies.

As for who'll be prop cover on the bench I guess it'll have to be Rhodri Jones.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9962
Join date : 2011-05-11
Age : 53

Back to top Go down

3 Players out for Wales Empty Re: 3 Players out for Wales

Post by LondonTiger Wed 22 Jun 2016, 9:22 am

Anyone else a touch worried about the fact Jamie Roberts is going through the concussion protocols due to the incident with Fekitoa right at the start of the 2nd test? Sure we are not talking about something quite as obvious as George North's concussion that was missed by the medical staff, but still rather worrying.

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 23485
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

3 Players out for Wales Empty Re: 3 Players out for Wales

Post by Blueschief Wed 22 Jun 2016, 10:57 am

I thought it was odd that Roberts played the rest of the match after the first minute collision, and is now undergoing Head injury protocols. How the hell was he allowed to play the rest of the game?

Edit: Or did the team doctor take Doc's word for it? Headscratch

Blueschief

Posts : 196
Join date : 2012-02-17
Location : Cardiff.

Back to top Go down

3 Players out for Wales Empty Re: 3 Players out for Wales

Post by lostinwales Wed 22 Jun 2016, 11:18 am

Did they check him at the time? Maybe he wasn't showing symptoms then but was after the match.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 10900
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

3 Players out for Wales Empty Re: 3 Players out for Wales

Post by BamBam Wed 22 Jun 2016, 11:20 am

It was pretty brutal, and Fekitoa barely did a thing when he came back on

I did think at the time that it was surprising to see them back

BamBam

Posts : 16869
Join date : 2011-03-17
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

3 Players out for Wales Empty Re: 3 Players out for Wales

Post by Scottrf Wed 22 Jun 2016, 11:21 am

Damn, might struggle to beat New Zealand now!

Scottrf

Posts : 14268
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

3 Players out for Wales Empty Re: 3 Players out for Wales

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 22 Jun 2016, 11:26 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:Turnbull wouldn't have been involved anyway so no big loss.  Evans will step in for Jenkins and Ball onto the bench for Davies.

As for who'll be prop cover on the bench I guess it'll have to be Rhodri Jones.

Either him of Jarvis. I think vrs the Cheifs, Rhodri came on at tight, and Aaron at loose. But lets face it either way gats will be hoping Rob can play a full 80.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9920
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 36
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

3 Players out for Wales Empty Re: 3 Players out for Wales

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 22 Jun 2016, 5:11 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:Turnbull wouldn't have been involved anyway so no big loss.  Evans will step in for Jenkins and Ball onto the bench for Davies.

As for who'll be prop cover on the bench I guess it'll have to be Rhodri Jones.

Either him of Jarvis.  I think vrs the Cheifs, Rhodri came on at tight, and Aaron at loose.  But lets face it either way gats will be hoping Rob can play a full 80.

Did Jarvis really play LH then? Christ alive he can hardly play in so called preferred position, at least Jones is a converted LH.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9962
Join date : 2011-05-11
Age : 53

Back to top Go down

3 Players out for Wales Empty Re: 3 Players out for Wales

Post by wayne Wed 22 Jun 2016, 7:19 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:Turnbull wouldn't have been involved anyway so no big loss.  Evans will step in for Jenkins and Ball onto the bench for Davies.

As for who'll be prop cover on the bench I guess it'll have to be Rhodri Jones.

Either him of Jarvis.  I think vrs the Cheifs, Rhodri came on at tight, and Aaron at loose.  But lets face it either way gats will be hoping Rob can play a full 80.

Did Jarvis really play LH then?  Christ alive he can hardly play in so called preferred position, at least Jones is a converted LH.
So is Jarvis. Our Forum has been asking him to play there for years. He played there in the Welsh trial match a few years ago.

wayne

Posts : 3183
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

3 Players out for Wales Empty Re: 3 Players out for Wales

Post by Seagultaf Wed 22 Jun 2016, 8:19 pm

Only suprise is Francis starting ahead of Samson. Is Lee carrying an injury or maybe is there a concern about Francis and Jarvis playing together for the last 20mins?

Other than that best 23 players still in New Zealand in the match day squad.

Seagultaf

Posts : 1404
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Ospreylia

Back to top Go down

3 Players out for Wales Empty Re: 3 Players out for Wales

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 22 Jun 2016, 9:06 pm

So what's the verdict on new Zealand's changes?

mikey_dragon

Posts : 12527
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

3 Players out for Wales Empty Re: 3 Players out for Wales

Post by Not grey and not a ghost Wed 22 Jun 2016, 10:23 pm

My take it's a mix of forced changes, changes to rest players and changes to give players an opportunity.

The team is:

1. Joe Moody (13)
2. Dane Coles (38)
3. Charlie Faumuina (35)
4. Brodie Retallick (49)
5. Samuel Whitelock (74)
6. Elliot Dixon
7. Sam Cane (33)
8. Kieran Read - captain (86)
9. Aaron Smith (49)
10. Beauden Barrett (38)
11. Julian Savea (42)
12. Ryan Crotty (17)
13. George Moala (1)
14. Ben Smith (50)
15. Israel Dagg (50)

16. Codie Taylor (4)
17. Wyatt Crockett (47)
18. Ofa Tu'ungafasi
19. Luke Romano (23)
20. Liam Squire
21. Tawera Kerr-Barlow (20)
22. Lima Sopoaga (1)
23. Waisake Naholo (5)

Ofa Tu'ungafasi comes in for Owen Franks, that means Faumoina starts. Tu'ungafasi is a bit, but he's a big dynamic unit. So it should be interesting how he goes. Codie Taylor gets a go as the reserve hooker. He's replacing Harris and the two are have been identified for a while as the back ups for Cole once Mealamu retired. Dixon comes on for Kaino. It's his first cap. He's arguably the form 6 in NZ going into the tour. Squires is also on the bench, he's a physical beast.

In the backs, Barret starts and is backed up Sopoaga. Lima is arguably the form no 10 in NZ this year so I don't see it as a loss. Obviously Moala is there. I think that this just reflects the current weakness we have at 13. Nonu and C Smith retired, SDW in 7's, Injuries to Ngatai, Fekitoa and others. Given the movement offshore of a host of centres we're pretty raw in this area. I thought Tamanivalu struggled at times, especially defensively. Hence Moala's in. Savea essentially replaces Naholo, who I don't think has been great anyway (from a decision making perspective).

Opportunities for Wales there. In particular it will be interesting to see how well the AB's gel as a unit, especially in the last 20 minutes.

Not grey and not a ghost

Posts : 150
Join date : 2016-03-16

Back to top Go down

3 Players out for Wales Empty Re: 3 Players out for Wales

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 23 Jun 2016, 12:02 am

Naholo and Savea are pretty unstoppable with ball in hand, but they both have weaknesses in their game which usually isn't something you can say about an All Black. I don't think Dagg is at all flawless either, but Ben Smith is.

Where's Cory Jane these days?

mikey_dragon

Posts : 12527
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

3 Players out for Wales Empty Re: 3 Players out for Wales

Post by Not grey and not a ghost Thu 23 Jun 2016, 12:16 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Naholo and Savea are pretty unstoppable with ball in hand, but they both have weaknesses in their game which usually isn't something you can say about an All Black. I don't think Dagg is at all flawless either, but Ben Smith is.

Where's Cory Jane these days?

He's accepted he's retired, finishing the super season then off to Japan. There's a few good young players on the horizon. Riko Ioane and James Lowe come to mind. I'm guessing you'll see Lowe in November. Ioane's playing sevens but looks a real talent in the 15's game.

Not grey and not a ghost

Posts : 150
Join date : 2016-03-16

Back to top Go down

3 Players out for Wales Empty Re: 3 Players out for Wales

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 23 Jun 2016, 1:19 pm

wayne wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:Turnbull wouldn't have been involved anyway so no big loss.  Evans will step in for Jenkins and Ball onto the bench for Davies.

As for who'll be prop cover on the bench I guess it'll have to be Rhodri Jones.

Either him of Jarvis.  I think vrs the Cheifs, Rhodri came on at tight, and Aaron at loose.  But lets face it either way gats will be hoping Rob can play a full 80.

Did Jarvis really play LH then?  Christ alive he can hardly play in so called preferred position, at least Jones is a converted LH.
So is Jarvis. Our Forum has been asking him to play there for years. He played there in the Welsh trial match a few years ago.

Fair one Wayne wasn't aware of that thought he had always been a T/H
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9962
Join date : 2011-05-11
Age : 53

Back to top Go down

3 Players out for Wales Empty Re: 3 Players out for Wales

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum