The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+22
dynamark
Hibbz
Eyetoldyouso
1GrumpyGolfer
Be_the_ball
Shotrock
Mad for Chelsea
Roller_Coaster
Yadsendew
MontysMerkin
I'm never wrong
Davie
raycastleunited
McLaren
kwinigolfer
navyblueshorts
JAS
super_realist
pedro
SmithersJones
westisbest
beninho
26 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Fri 17 Jun 2016, 2:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

McLaren wrote:
beninho wrote:Having concerns about EU immigration does not make you a far right nutter or xenophobe. Mclaren, what is your knowledge on EU immigration, what dealings do you have with it? Can you see why people may have concerns about it?

Unless your concerns about how we can offer a more humane immigration system then you are xenophobe.  If you are worried about the geographical location of where someone popped out of a uterus then you are not thinking rationally.

And no, I cannot see why anyone would have any issue with the current levels of immigration to/from the UK.  Unless as I said above you are worried about how some people coming here are treated.

Do you not agree that an expanding population due to EU immigration, would lead to an extra burden on the NHS, housing, benefit and other public services aswell as the rise in rents?

Do you think that EU immigration, where people get fake payslips in order to claim benefits, working tax credits child tax credits and housing assistance? Or people that work minimal hours and tdo not pay any tax or nino who then can claim housing and benefit assistance? Or people that illegally overstay in the country, in order to achieve a loophole and gain housing or benefit assistance.

All of these are ongoing issues, though you did not answer my question in the first place.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro Mon 27 Jun 2016, 8:25 pm

Double Brexit

pedro

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Mon 27 Jun 2016, 8:27 pm

Saw this on twitter, "Starting shortly: A soccer game between an isolated island nation whose banking industry is in big trouble, and Iceland."
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 27 Jun 2016, 8:32 pm

Ali Baba should have had a yellow for that dive. Cheating c.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 27 Jun 2016, 8:46 pm

Ice ice baby

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 27 Jun 2016, 8:48 pm

Ali is clueless, seems to expend a huge amount of energy to be in the wrong position.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 27 Jun 2016, 8:56 pm

That mincer Sterling is pretty hopeless too.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 27 Jun 2016, 8:58 pm

Super, I don't know how you can have the first touch and skills of sterling and be so ineffectual. Pretty much the English Aiden McGeady.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 27 Jun 2016, 9:00 pm

Still sticking with my prediction, but bloody hell are they making it hard for themselves.

Hart is useless; Kane looks unfit (even Jack Wheelchair has more legs in him). Deli Beli spending more time on his back than a cheap hooker. Rooney taking 25 yard shots when people queuing up to score

Vardy and Wheelchair to come on I hope (even the game where Wheelchair got slaughtered for losing the ball, he was making chances before giving it away). Hodgson won't substitute Hart now but if we do get through he should be dropped

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 27 Jun 2016, 9:00 pm

Fair comparison. Ineffectual is the dictionary definition of the entire team though. Can't stand the parochial Jeremy Kyle production values of ITV coverage though. Awful commentary too.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 27 Jun 2016, 9:02 pm

France must be quaking in their boots if England sneak through.

Does Sturridge think he's in I-RObot? What are those gloss plastic things on his legs?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon 27 Jun 2016, 9:32 pm

Are our boots square, the ball oval, or a combination of both?

This lot are making Carlton Palmer look like a footballing genius!

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon 27 Jun 2016, 9:36 pm

This is being played at the same speed as all of the other games; too damn slow. No urgency and no effective width. That stat about being unbeaten in 25 European Tournament games over 90 minutes or 120 minutes is unlikely to live on.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 27 Jun 2016, 9:37 pm

Only Clive Tyldsely or some ITV plank would come out with a pointless stat like that.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon 27 Jun 2016, 9:40 pm

I heard Ian Darke mention it on ESPN. Him an Steve McManaman are slaughtering this performance.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 27 Jun 2016, 9:42 pm

Quite rightly, this is like England playing Northumberland in population terms.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 27 Jun 2016, 9:51 pm

Erm
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 27 Jun 2016, 9:52 pm

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Officially a third class nation.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 27 Jun 2016, 9:53 pm

Pretty F***ing funny.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 27 Jun 2016, 9:54 pm

OK I surrender I was wrong. Pathetic is the only word. End of story for Hodgson, Rooney and hopefully Hart

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 27 Jun 2016, 9:54 pm

How long before brexiters start writing anti Icelandic messages on buildings?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 27 Jun 2016, 9:57 pm

Credit to Iceland though, this wasn't just about England being completely scheisse.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Yadsendew Mon 27 Jun 2016, 9:58 pm

Oh well bowys, very disappointing and embarrassing but never mind we'll get back to picking up £70,000 a week in a month or two. Feel sorry for the loyal fans.

Congratulations Iceland

Last edited by Yadsendew on Mon 27 Jun 2016, 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yadsendew

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon 27 Jun 2016, 9:59 pm

I wanna know who triggered article 50 for the football team. Got that exit sorted out in less than two hours

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 27 Jun 2016, 10:03 pm

Niceland 2
Scheissland 1

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Yadsendew Mon 27 Jun 2016, 10:07 pm

Before last Thursday they were on £150,000 a week. Don't play in Europe and donate it to the NHS

Yadsendew

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 27 Jun 2016, 10:12 pm

Headline writers dream tomorrow.

It's wall wover for Woy. At least he quit, should have done it 2 years ago at least, but better late than never.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Yadsendew Mon 27 Jun 2016, 10:22 pm

Gary Neville on the list to replace Roy as England Manager Shocked Haven't seen the assistant manager all tournament. Too busy coaching I bet.

Yadsendew

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 27 Jun 2016, 10:24 pm

As I tried to point out to you folks before the tournament started, England have a really poor midfield. Ali, Lallana, Henderson, Sterling, Barkley and Milner are not really up to the level of other top European players and Wilshere was out of form and fitness. Rooney not even a midfielder.

On top of that both centre backs are pretty steady players that offer nothing in terms of building from the back. No idea why Stones didn't get a shot at some point.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Yadsendew Mon 27 Jun 2016, 10:26 pm

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:Are our boots square, the ball oval, or a combination of both?

Just seen this Grumpy - how very dare you - Carlton Palmer was a football genius.

Come on you Owls.

Yadsendew

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 27 Jun 2016, 10:34 pm

McLaren wrote:As I tried to point out to you folks before the tournament started, England have a really poor midfield.  Ali, Lallana, Henderson, Sterling, Barkley and Milner are not really up to the level of other top European players and Wilshere was out of form and fitness.  Rooney not even a midfielder.

On top of that both centre backs are pretty steady players that offer nothing in terms of building from the back.  No idea why Stones didn't get a shot at some point.

Stones has been terrible in the last 4 months Mac.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 27 Jun 2016, 10:36 pm

Super

But he is the only centre back that can pick a pass to get a move going that England have. Look at most top teams at the moment, at least on of their centre backs can play a bit. Smalling and Cahill are both hoof it up the field types.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Yadsendew Mon 27 Jun 2016, 11:09 pm

Iceland beat Holland home and away ,beat turkey and Czech Republic , drew with Portugal in group stage but people talking as if they are useless (quote from Robbie Savage) Fair point.

Yadsendew

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue 28 Jun 2016, 2:08 am

Yadsendew wrote:
1GrumpyGolfer wrote:Are our boots square, the ball oval, or a combination of both?

Just seen this Grumpy - how very dare you - Carlton Palmer was a football genius.

Come on you Owls.

He has a great engine on him did our Carlton. Covered every blade of grass on the pitch, mind you he had to with that first touch of his.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Tue 28 Jun 2016, 6:49 am

Yadsendew wrote:Gary Neville on the list to replace Roy as England Manager Shocked Haven't seen the assistant manager all tournament. Too busy coaching I bet.
Bit lacking in top flight managerial experience I think.
Who else is on the list? English managers who are managing in the top English league? Allardyce, Dyche, Pardew, Howe and Bruce. Would any of them do? If not, who is available from abroad...?

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 28 Jun 2016, 7:30 am

Gareth Southgate is favourite ... Rolling Eyes

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 28 Jun 2016, 7:30 am

Who'd want it INW? England are only a big team to the English, to everyone else they are just like Sweden, Russia, Hungary etc.

Anyone with a brain knows it's a poisoned chalice and that the players simply aren't up to it.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Tue 28 Jun 2016, 7:43 am

super_realist wrote:Who'd want it INW?
I know Sam wanted it a few years ago, but the allegations of taking a bung cost him that time around. But I agree, England are not world beaters, so unless you want a few years taking the money and running, why bother?

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 28 Jun 2016, 8:03 am

I'm never wrong wrote:
super_realist wrote:Who'd want it INW?
I know Sam wanted it a few years ago, but the allegations of taking a bung cost him that time around. But I agree, England are not world beaters, so unless you want a few years taking the money and running, why bother?

I meant, which well regarded and successful manager would want it. I'm sure any number of deadbeat, inept English manager would want it like Sam, Harry etc, but it would just be the same old again and again.

The problem is the FA, Manager, Players and Media. It can't be solved by just putting a new English chump in charge.

England could do worse than appoint Lars Lagerback.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 28 Jun 2016, 8:32 am

McLaren wrote:Navy

To be more accurate it wasn't that I ignored what was said it was more a case of hearing what was said and realising no one was saying anything that would survive scrutiny.
Fair enough.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Tue 28 Jun 2016, 8:35 am

Headline in the daily mail:
Hapless England become a laughing stock as manager Prime Minister Hodgson Cameron quits after Three Lions are booted vote out of Euro 2016 in humiliating 2-1 defeat by plucky minnows Iceland (population 332,000) humiliation
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 28 Jun 2016, 8:48 am

Well, I'm late to the party, but wasn't that England performance utter bollox?!? From pre-tournament and all the way through, it's been clear they have no idea.

Wilshere(sp?) - utterly unfit and not there on form
Sterling - why??!?!?!?
Stones - why take if no plans to play?
Rooney - he's a striker; if he can't make it as such, shouldn't be there
Vardy - WTF? Take one of the most in-form and confident strikers eligible and then not play him
Kane - way to turn one of the current top English strikers into a make weight. Taking corners?? WTF?
Hodgson - sadly, made a complete pig's ear of the entire tournament.

Not taking Noble and/or Drinkwater looking stupid now.

As to last night, only player I thought came out with any credit was, to my chagrin, Smalling.
Everyone else was awful. Don't suppose there's a footballing Eddie Jones somewhere who'd be willing to give a go is there? Jeez.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Tue 28 Jun 2016, 8:54 am

I'm not sure how old you all are, but I've been watching English football for at least the last 35 years and as such I am not in the least bit shocked about the performance. It pretty much sums up the national psyche, bunch of over-privileged know-it-alls failing time and time again to realise they are just Poopie, and unworthy of winning an under 12 girls 5-a-side tournament, let alone one played by grown-ups.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 28 Jun 2016, 9:00 am

Monty, I've heard a lot of people say "We should be beating the likes of Iceland".

There lies the problem.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Tue 28 Jun 2016, 9:08 am

Statistically they are correct, but never underestimate the power of pathetic, moronic and easily-led, xenophobic (probably chanting some cowpat about the war - 'no it was the Russians you silly billy') little englanders to think we have any relevancy in the modern world football.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 28 Jun 2016, 9:27 am

Absolutely shocking!!!

No not the England performance, that was just simply inept. I mean the lack of respect shown to Iceland, didn't they beat the Netherlands home and away in the qualifiers?

As I said many posts ago, money has distorted rational thinking in football. "They're on £150k a week therefore they must be world class!!"....um no, they're on £150k a week because millions of mugs like us subscribe to Sky sports. International football for them has become a risk, a chore, a distraction to their cosy cosseted club football. That in a nutshell is the problem, the solution? I don't have one, infact I hope there isn't one.

I would hazard a guess that the best performing english manager last season was Warburton. Way too early to give him the reigns (although actually it wouldnt be a bad shout). Put it this way I'd rather have him at Rangers than say Southgate, Neville, Pardew or any of the others on the shortlist.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 28 Jun 2016, 9:52 am

JAS,
Rangers played in the second tier of one of Europe's WORST nations in terms of football.

England may be a diabolical team in international terms with woefully over-rated players, but even a team that bad and that disjointed doesn't deserve a manager as low rent as Warburton, obviously he couldn't do any worse than one win in two tournaments, but to put him forward for England manager would be hilarious. It wouldn't be a step forward in the slightest.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 28 Jun 2016, 9:53 am

The FA should draw a veil over the way Hoddle left last time and bring him back!

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 28 Jun 2016, 9:58 am

It comes to something when an 18 year old with only 120 (ish) days experience of first team football legitimately stakes a claim for man of the match (for England) in a 4 minute appearance during which he made 2 or 3 dribbles that resulted in nothing more than a corner.

Looked at the BBC ratings and was staggered that they all got 4 out of 10, bar Hart who got 3. How they scored so highly is beyond me.

The previous worst performance I'd ever seen by England was the 2-2 draw with Greece, only saved by David Beckham doing (almost literally) everything for England on his own.

Last night plumbed new depths. I genuinely believe that half the teams in the Vanarama Conference would have been able to get a draw or better out of it.

Hart - I can't even gain solace in a pitiful hair washing based gag. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he missed his head with his hands when trying to wash his hair last night. No. Tried and no solace in even that.

Walker - Spent 2 games attacking his t*ts off and all last night bumbling round and then simply stopping when he got the ball.
Rose - Likewise.

Cahill - Was a better centre forward than a defender, and was the worst centre forward in the world.
Smalling - Very scary that he's possibly England's best centre back. Very scary.

Alli - Hugely inexperienced and it showed. Resorted to ineffectual running round and couldn't control the ball or pass to save his granny from an horrific knitting accident.
Dier - Somehow collapsed from a calm, confident, competent DM into someone that Wilshere came on to replace.
Rooney - Couldn't pass, control, run, dribble, see, encourage, inspire, think, shoot, tackle, talk, grow hair, mix a shandy, spark up a fag. Nailed on to be next England Manager. At least he won't earn around £2,000,000 in the few weeks before the season starts again...

Sterling - As effective as the currency over the last 4 days. Enough said.
Sturridge - Ran, got ball, stopped, wafted feet round, didn't pass it, dribbled into a defender, sulked. Rubbish.
Kane - Suffice to say that his dead ball kicks were at one and the same time, the worst I've seen from a professional footballer and yet the best facet of his game last night. Awful.

Subs
Vardy - Ran very quickly. Nowhere. Without the ball. Or a chance of receiving the ball.
Wilshere - I would say he was as good as Rooney in all the aforementioned skills. Except he wasn't.
Rashford - Man of match in 4 minutes by actually achieving nothing. Did look like he tried a bit though.

Hodgson - A nice, polite, well spoken man, utterly lost in his position. Seemingly devoid of ideas, tactics and when people with under 150 minutes of football in a season should be left at home.

Whereas

Sonofsonofson (entire Iceland team) knew what they had to do, how to do it, when to do it, where everyone else would be when they were doing it and when not to do it and shoe it away.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 28 Jun 2016, 10:04 am

super_realist wrote:JAS,
Rangers played in the second tier of one of Europe's WORST nations in terms of football.

England may be a diabolical team in international terms with woefully over-rated players, but even a team that bad and that disjointed doesn't deserve a manager as low rent as Warburton, obviously he couldn't do any worse than one win in two tournaments, but to put him forward for England manager would be hilarious. It wouldn't be a step forward in the slightest.

So? I did say it would be too early to give him the reigns but unlike the others on the shortlist his stock is actually on the rise, If Rangers start the SPL well, Warburton will be gone to the premiership come Jan. As for the England job I hope the likes of Southgate or Neville get it. Is there really such a vacuum in English managerial talent that those 2 are even being seriously considered??

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 28 Jun 2016, 10:12 am

MontysMerkin wrote:Statistically they are correct, but never underestimate the power of pathetic, moronic and easily-led, xenophobic (probably chanting some cowpat about the war - 'no it was the Russians you silly billy') little englanders to think we have any relevancy in the modern world football.
Actually, no it wasn't.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next