The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

+43
Lowlandbrit
kingraf
doctor_grey
rIck_dAgless
Galted
No 7&1/2
aja424
stub
dyrewolfe
rodders
kingjohn7
Mind the windows Tino.
BamBam
temporary21
Derbymanc
mikey_dragon
LordDowlais
navyblueshorts
milkyboy
Coxy001
funnyExiledScot
ShahenshahG
guildfordbat
catchweight
Corporalhumblebucket
Dolphin Ziggler
lostinwales
TRUSSMAN66
JuliusHMarx
Duty281
GSC
Dave.
SecretFly
pedro
Ent
Sin é
Hammersmith harrier
Hero
Yadsendew
Alex_Germany
Rory_Gallagher
Rowley
Electric Demon
47 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 13 Empty The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Electric Demon Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 18:17

First topic message reminder :

It's not Labour or Corbyn's fault either

In this age of entitlement, "the workers" who traditionally voted Labour take the welfare state for granted and are now bizarrely right wing, even though they rely on the welfare policies of the left. (I am aware this is generalisation - but hey, that seems to be the crux of the thread)

The left and the working classes are completely at odds with each other now - which is a massive problem for Labour. It has to become 2 different parties because it won't be able to unite those 2 forces when there is a rejection of experts. But when that happens then there will be no party remotely able to challenge the Conservatives.

Last edited by Cassius Zhi on Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 18:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changes "intelligence" to "experts" as that was very poor choice of words)

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 13 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 11:57

Duty281 wrote:https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1358907/britain-set-to-open-immediate-trade-talks-with-australia-and-south-korea/

Hurrah, let's be global Britannia now that we're not tethered to a failing political project.

This is good news. We'll need trade deals with these countries in order to replace the deals/relationships we currently benefit from by being members of the EU.

http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/countries-and-regions/countries/south-korea/

http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/countries-and-regions/countries/australia/

I do hope we can get better terms.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 13 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by LordDowlais Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 11:59

Ah well, time for the scare mongering to stop:-

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-36660133

Still, haters will always hate.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 12:01

LordDowlais wrote:Ah well, time for the scare mongering to stop:-

True. Did you read it by the way?

'Analysts also warned that the rally of the past couple of days might be short-lived.

"Stocks and the pound are continuing to firm but the post-Brexit reality will bite sooner or later," said Joe Rundle, head of trading at ETX Capital.

"What we're seeing in the FTSE is hope in Britain being able to ride it out by remaining part of the single market. This looks like wishful thinking."

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 12:04

funnyExiledScot wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:No announcement of job cuts. The markets are recovering, wages are set to increase which is what Hannan alludes to. Before you reply, don't mention the Chinese investment deal (need to see the announcement from the Chinese investors rather than Branson's gob), as Virgin can't lose 3000 jobs that weren't even created. Carry on with the petty abuse sat behind your keyboards, I've been reading it for months, just remember that Team Brexit beat you in the vote Wink.

No-one is abusing you so calm down. All you needed to say is that you don't believe Branson, you think that he is lying and therefore he is wrong and you are right. It seemed before that you had simply failed to read his entire statement.

As for the point on the markets, you are right to point out that they are recovering. But I think you should ask yourself why?

No abuse from you, FeS, but others yes. I don't believe Branson no. He's having a conversation with his Chinese mates and we don't know who they are or what was said - I'm not going to take that as gospel. Yes the markets are erratic but they have been for months. Branson and other Remainers keep using that to say Brexit is pushing us into a recession... I just find that bonkers.

We can increase trade with India, and we can trade with growing superpowers like Australia and Canada. I think the thought of that must be why Wink.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 12:04

Interesting.

http://theconversation.com/post-brexit-australias-best-option-is-a-trade-pact-with-eu-61676

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 12:05

Aaaaarrrgghhh!! The monsters are coming to eat your young, run and hide. NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 12:10

rodders wrote:
Ent wrote:
Home rule is great in principle, not sure ni is doing a good job of it. Healthcare a disaster with one health minister after another doing nothing then resigning, education in bits. Always going back to Westminster looking for emergency funding.

I didn't say they were doing a good job, and I don't entirely disagree, but you'd be hard pushed to find a single person who would argue it would be better under direct rule.

Honestly I think it might be with regards to major decision making.

The problem is perception, people are happier (imo) with home rule even if exactly the same job is done my direct rule.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 12:11

mikey_dragon wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:No announcement of job cuts. The markets are recovering, wages are set to increase which is what Hannan alludes to. Before you reply, don't mention the Chinese investment deal (need to see the announcement from the Chinese investors rather than Branson's gob), as Virgin can't lose 3000 jobs that weren't even created. Carry on with the petty abuse sat behind your keyboards, I've been reading it for months, just remember that Team Brexit beat you in the vote Wink.

No-one is abusing you so calm down. All you needed to say is that you don't believe Branson, you think that he is lying and therefore he is wrong and you are right. It seemed before that you had simply failed to read his entire statement.

As for the point on the markets, you are right to point out that they are recovering. But I think you should ask yourself why?

No abuse from you, FeS, but others yes. I don't believe Branson no. He's having a conversation with his Chinese mates and we don't know who they are or what was said - I'm not going to take that as gospel. Yes the markets are erratic but they have been for months. Branson and other Remainers keep using that to say Brexit is pushing us into a recession... I just find that bonkers.

We can increase trade with India, and we can trade with growing superpowers like Australia and Canada. I think the thought of that must be why Wink.

I'm not sure they can be described as "growing superpowers" but they are indeed significant economies.

Regarding trade deals I do think we need to introduce some facts into the equation. All of the trade deals from which we currently benefit arise through our membership of the EU, so when we talk about "freedom" to negotiate, we are in fact talking about something we are losing and will need to replace.

The key point is on what terms will these new trade agreements be? We have seen, for example, some very vocal opposition to TTIP, and I think we would be naïve to think that the UK on its own will have roaring success on trade deals where others have failed. For a start we currently have very little expertise in negotiating these deals, and it's something we're going to need to get good at and fast. I'm not saying we won't get there, but it's being too readily offered as a panacea to our economic problems and I suspect we're in for a rough ride.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 12:13

Find it amusing that some are pointing to the markets making incremental improvements over the last day or so.

NOTHING HAS CHANGED YOU BAFFLING BUFFOONS!!!

We haven't left the single market.
We still have a veto.
We still have a say.

And once those all become null and irrelevant once Boris invokes Article 50 then, and seriously trust me on this, we will have the biggest shi*tstorm on record in terms of the value of sterling falling off the radar in the most spectacular way in the history of currency. The FTSE 250 (the one smart people look at for the barometer) will crash and burn in a way that made the 2008 financial collapse look like a bloody blip.

But YAY we're going to start negotiations with Australia, a country who has already said they will move their UK based companies to the safer-haven of the mainland.

But hey guys. "We have taken back control". The problem is that it's like sitting in a burnt out Ferrari in the scrapyard and boasting about how you own a Ferrari... Just that it's a useless shell of one.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 12:14

No 7&1/2 wrote:

'Analysts also warned that the rally of the past couple of days might be short-lived.

"Stocks and the pound are continuing to firm but the post-Brexit reality will bite sooner or later," said Joe Rundle, head of trading at ETX Capital.

"What we're seeing in the FTSE is hope in Britain being able to ride it out by remaining part of the single market. This looks like wishful thinking."

There seems to be a particular trend today of people failing to read beyond the headlines!!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 12:17

No 7&1/2 wrote:"Stocks and the pound are continuing to firm but the post-Brexit reality will bite sooner or later," said Joe Rundle, head of trading at ETX Capital.

Joe Rundle has a crystal ball now does he ? Evidence in front of people that things are starting to plateau and STILL we have the naysayers.

No 7&1/2 wrote:True. Did you read it by the way?

Yes I did. Things are getting better, yet people are still pouring cold water over it. As I said, the haters will always hate.

No 7&1/2 wrote:Analysts also warned that the rally of the past couple of days might be short-lived.

One word in that sentence, MIGHT. FFS come on, Wales MIGHT win the Euros.

Last edited by LordDowlais on Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 12:18; edited 1 time in total

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 12:18

funnyExiledScot wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

There seems to be a particular trend today....

Of what?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 12:19

LordDowlais wrote:One word in that sentence, MIGHT. FFS come on, Wales MIGHT win the Euros.

WILL. Wales will win the Euros.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 12:23

Duty281 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:One word in that sentence, MIGHT. FFS come on, Wales MIGHT win the Euros.

Last chance saloon for any home nation in fairness.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 12:25

JuliusHMarx wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

There seems to be a particular trend today....

Of what?

Very droll...

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 12:38

FTSE goes up and down, so does the sterling. Trend is downwards however.

But fact is that UK's credit rating has been downgraded.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 12:41

Duty281 wrote:https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1358907/britain-set-to-open-immediate-trade-talks-with-australia-and-south-korea/

Hurrah, let's be global Britannia now that we're not tethered to a failing political project.
Yeah! It's like the revival of the COMECON. Desperate and pathetic, but it feels good.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 13:00

It's been a week. Maybe we should stop the doomingering and broadstroking and move on with our lives. This is the definition if going nowhere, meanwhile all this passion could be put to good use

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 13:04

temporary21 wrote:It's been a week. Maybe we should stop the doomingering and broadstroking and move on with our lives. This is the definition if going nowhere, meanwhile all this passion could be put to good use

If it's a constructive use of time you're looking for, then I'd suggest you don't bother with internet discussion forums.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 13:10

Oh I don't know...some of us think it was a very constructive internet discussion period Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 13:11

funnyExiledScot wrote:
temporary21 wrote:It's been a week. Maybe we should stop the doomingering and broadstroking and move on with our lives. This is the definition if going nowhere, meanwhile all this passion could be put to good use

If it's a constructive use of time you're looking for, then I'd suggest you don't bother with internet discussion forums.
Yeah and don't watch the England games... (but that took care of itself though..)

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 13:40

Sure. But that was a week ago. It's done now. Surely there's no stone left to turn over

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 13:41

mikey_dragon wrote:I'm starting to dislike that whinebag Sturgeon. With the way she goes on about it you'd think the Leave voters are some angry mob running through Britain abusing eastern Europeans and ripping off turbans... And Farage is gaining popularity I see, especially with the truth serum he gave to the embarrassing European parliament yesterday Wink.

I see Branson is also having a bit of a whinge about his lost value... So when he said "we'd be worse off if we left the EU" what he actually meant was that he'd be worse off. Row back to your island pal.
Nice. And you wonder why so many paint Brexiteers as they do....
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 13:47

What so telling some hypocrite billionaire who feeds off the working class to row back to his tax-free haven makes me.... Racist, xenophobic, bigoted, everything else the Remain side has called the Leavers? Seriously what is your issue what the bit in bold? I'm struggling...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 13:48

Don't be bold, you two!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 13:51

Duty281 wrote:

You betting that way Duty? If so, do let us know so we can cash in as well please Wink .
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 13:58

mikey_dragon wrote:What so telling some hypocrite billionaire who feeds off the working class to row back to his tax-free haven makes me.... Racist, xenophobic, bigoted, everything else the Remain side has called the Leavers? Seriously what is your issue what the bit in bold? I'm struggling...
A problem of yours it would seem. Your comment re. Branson and his rowing ability is too reminiscent of more obvious remarks to immigrants, but somehow you're "struggling" to understand why others would paint you and other Brexiteers (yes, I get it's a stereotype) as bigots and xenophobes.
So Branson "feeds off the working class" does he? Don't be ridiculous. He's a businessman and I don't recall many saying he was a so-and-so while he's at it. I'm sure all those "working class" (inverted snobbery by any chance?) who've worked for one of his many companies would all have been multimillionaires if only Branson had never been born. Clearly, you'd prefer some sort of Communism from 50s/60s U.S.S.R. picard.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 14:01

mikey_dragon wrote:What so telling some hypocrite billionaire who feeds off the working class to row back to his tax-free haven makes me.... Racist, xenophobic, bigoted, everything else the Remain side has called the Leavers? Seriously what is your issue what the bit in bold? I'm struggling...

Just jealous, most people usually are of the rich. They moan and moan and yet if they were to have made something of themselves and be in the same boat then they wouldn't be whinging like little bit*ches. Smile

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 14:03

navyblueshorts wrote:
A problem of yours it would seem. Your comment re. Branson and his rowing ability is too reminiscent of more obvious remarks to immigrants, but somehow you're "struggling" to understand why others would paint you and other Brexiteers (yes, I get it's a stereotype) as bigots and xenophobes.
So Branson "feeds off the working class" does he? Don't be ridiculous. He's a businessman and I don't recall many saying he was a so-and-so while he's at it. I'm sure all those "working class" (inverted snobbery by any chance?) who've worked for one of his many companies would all have been multimillionaires if only Branson had never been born. Clearly, you'd prefer some sort of Communism from 50s/60s U.S.S.R. picard.

Right so it's not a fact that Richard Branson lives on his own island? Yes it is a stereotype so you stop regurgitating it as it has absolutely nothing do with immigration - so why you're desperately trying to bring it back in after suggesting that people relax and move on I don't know.
He doesn't pay tax.... I'll ignore the rest of your stupid and desperate comment, but you can go on to think you've won if you like, and carry on shouting racist - we're no longer bothered by the lies coming from Remain Smile.

Last edited by mikey_dragon on Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 14:08; edited 1 time in total

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 14:05

I laughed my head off when I watched him yesterday (Nigel Farage). They thought they were throwing him to the wolves. Look, I am no supporter of Nigel Farage, but he stood up and put all the MEP to the sword.

They all played right into his hands, he thrives on being portrayed as the devil, he has been made to look that way since day one. What happened yesterday was he told the MEP's what we would ALL like to tell them, yes ALL, even most of the remainers would have a few choice words for them. They thought he was being thrown to the wolves, but it was more like a fox in a chicken coup.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/28/nigel-farage-shares-cosy-embrace-with-jean-claude-juncker/

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 14:06

Coxy001 wrote:

Just jealous, most people usually are of the rich. They moan and moan and yet if they were to have made something of themselves and be in the same boat then they wouldn't be whinging like little bit*ches. Smile

Not jealous at all, I just pointed out he's a hypocrite (like most of the billion and trillionaires telling us to vote Remain). I'm an ex-business student and to us Branson is the bees knees, and the Amazon corporation is Valhalla.

So what do you do for a living coxy, receptionist? Smile

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 14:06

Branson is a grand man and I'd personally love to own his island.  By the way, if we're talking analogies about boat people - how many of them does he let land each month on that lovely protected private island?

But he's a nice man - I like him.  However, isn't this all about Globalisation?  What need is there for an insular, highly regulated, pretty damn protectionist zone like the EU in a Globalised world of supposed free movement of peoples and trade?  

Surely Branson has outlived the need for such a bloc?  Surely European Nations have outgrown it?  It is about Globalisation....isn't it?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 14:13

temporary21 wrote:Sure. But that was a week ago. It's done now. Surely there's no stone left to turn over
You're undoubtedly right. We just have to live/get on with it. Time will tell who's right re. the economy in the near future but from a wider philosophical angle, personally, I think we've just seen a nasty side of the U.K. demonstrated, despite that (apparently) there are many for whom immigration wasn't the major issue. I'm afraid I don't believe that in the wider U.K., this was the case, for all that LordDowlais etc on here may claim of themselves and/or genuinely believe. Clearly, we aren't as tolerant of 'others' as it was assumed and the current problems (whatever that means) are all down to 'immigrants' from the EU. As if.
I also think that, in a world that's getting 'smaller' (ease of communication, travel etc) and where, over time peoples are getting closer and more understanding of other cultures etc, the recent vote result is a step backwards. Then again, the U.K. doesn't seem unique in that, given the apparent rise of other nationalist sympathies elsewhere.

One of the big ironies, I think, is that Brexit will force the EU to really look again at just those issues of democracy etc that the U.K. said it had concerns with and it may well come up with the changes we'd (myself included) have liked to see. The problem is we'll be on the outside of this and not even able to p!ss in for years to come.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 14:15

LordDowlais wrote:I laughed my head off when I watched him yesterday (Nigel Farage). They thought they were throwing him to the wolves. Look, I am no supporter of Nigel Farage, but he stood up and put all the MEP to the sword.

They all played right into his hands, he thrives on being portrayed as the devil, he has been made to look that way since day one. What happened yesterday was he told the MEP's what we would ALL like to tell them, yes ALL, even most of the remainers would have a few choice words for them. They thought he was being thrown to the wolves, but it was more like a fox in a chicken coup.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/28/nigel-farage-shares-cosy-embrace-with-jean-claude-juncker/

I thought he came across as a bit childish to be honest, and just baited them rather than make any salient points whatsoever when he had the chance.

Top bantz I guess...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 14:16

mikey_dragon wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Right so it's not a fact that Richard Branson lives on his own island? Yes it is a stereotype so you stop regurgitating it as it has absolutely nothing do with immigration - so why you're desperately trying to bring it back in after suggesting that people relax and move on I don't know.
He doesn't pay tax.... I'll ignore the rest of your stupid and desperate comment, but you can go on to think you've won if you like, and carry on shouting racist - we're no longer bothered by the lies coming from Remain Smile.
That's about right. Stick your fingers in your ears and shout. As for the "lies from Remain", I think you'd better concern yourself with the 'lies from Leave' don't you? That's now the reality Wink .
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 14:18

mikey_dragon wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:

Not jealous at all, I just pointed out he's a hypocrite (like most of the billion and trillionaires telling us to vote Remain). I'm an ex-business student and to us Branson is the bees knees, and the Amazon corporation is Valhalla.

So what do you do for a living coxy, receptionist? Smile

Toilet cleaner.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 14:19

navyblueshorts wrote:LordDowlais etc on here may claim of themselves and/or genuinely believe.

What is it that you think I believe or claim ?

TBH migration/immigration was not really an issue for me. As a business owner, the cheaper I can get labour the better, there were lots of other things I felt strongly about though. Although people on here would rather tell me I do not know what I am talking about, even though on a lot of cases I have taken my fight to the highest authority.

If I here the phrases "red tape" and "Brussels" for much longer I think I would explode. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 14:20

rick_dagless wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:I laughed my head off when I watched him yesterday (Nigel Farage). They thought they were throwing him to the wolves. Look, I am no supporter of Nigel Farage, but he stood up and put all the MEP to the sword.

I thought he came across as a bit childish to be honest, and just baited them rather than make any salient points whatsoever when he had the chance.

Top bantz I guess...

He came across as a d!ckhead, and I like to think that most decent folk found it embarrassing.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 14:21

rick_dagless wrote:

I think the point that when he first showed up at the place everyone chucked at his fantasyland idea of taking the UK out of the EU was salient - given the day that was in it. And I certainly think his point that they're not laughing now was accurate on the day.

What more did he need to say? He was only a visitor, no need to try telling them how to conduct their business at that point.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 14:22

JuliusHMarx wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

Top bantz I guess...

He came across as a d!ckhead, and I like to think that most decent folk found it embarrassing.

Yep, pretty much, you can see the people in the background getting embarrassed for him as his brass neck clearly protects him from such feelings

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 14:24

SecretFly wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

I think the point that when he first showed up at the place everyone chucked at his fantasyland idea of taking the UK out of the EU was salient - given the day that was in it.  And I certainly think his point that they're not laughing now was accurate on the day.

What more did he need to say? He was only a visitor, no need to try telling them how to conduct their business at that point.

Why one earth was it salient to have him rock up and effectively say "I told you so" it is something a child would do, instead of using the forum to discuss the way forward, the man behaved like an idiot.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 14:27

rick_dagless wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

I think the point that when he first showed up at the place everyone chucked at his fantasyland idea of taking the UK out of the EU was salient - given the day that was in it.  And I certainly think his point that they're not laughing now was accurate on the day.

Why one earth was it salient to have him rock up and effectively say "I told you so" it is something a child would do, instead of using the forum to discuss the way forward, the man behaved like an idiot.

No he didn't. He behaved like a man that knows how to be a dissenting voice in a paddock of sheep. Is 'sorry' the word he should have used? Should he have apologised to those that sneered his high brow hopes for however many years he's been there?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 14:28

navyblueshorts wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

That's about right. Stick your fingers in your ears and shout. As for the "lies from Remain", I think you'd better concern yourself with the 'lies from Leave' don't you? That's now the reality Wink .

You misinterpreted something I said, just admit you were wrong. I'll ignore your BS, I mean bringing immigration and communism into it, WTF is that all about? Take your own advice by having a rest, it may refrain from you having to spread more BS around here 'blue jeans'.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 14:30

LordDowlais wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:LordDowlais etc on here may claim of themselves and/or genuinely believe.

What is it that you think I believe or claim ?

TBH migration/immigration was not really an issue for me. As a business owner, the cheaper I can get labour the better, there were lots of other things I felt strongly about though. Although people on here would rather tell me I do not know what I am talking about, even though on a lot of cases I have taken my fight to the highest authority.

If I here the phrases "red tape" and "Brussels" for much longer I think I would explode. OK
FWIW, I don't think you've come across as one of the 'immigration' Brexiteers at all, at least not here. I think you're an exception to the majority in your main reasons for voting 'out'. I don't know what you believe, but I would take it from your comments, that your main reasons are business-related ones.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 14:31

Navy looks up business rates in the UK put your marine le pen sitting on farage''s face level eurosceptic glasses on and try to find a way to blame the EU for it. That's why lord dothwails voted leave and why he was the recipient of the most vitriolic abuse in this thread. He thinks the centrally set business rates enforced and collected by local councils are there because of the EU''s red tape. Less a turkey voting for Christmas, more livestock paying alligator sfor blwjobs

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 14:31

rick_dagless wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

Quite.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 14:32

SecretFly wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

No he didn't.  He behaved like a man that knows how to be a dissenting voice in a paddock of sheep.  Is 'sorry' the word he should have used?  Should he have apologised to those that sneered his high brow hopes for however many years he's been there?

As Juncker pointed out (or was it Tusk?) "you left, why are you even here?!".

Everyone who I've spoken to think he sounded like a complete pri*ck. But then again I don't have many C2/D1/2 friends, the sort that probably resonated with his childish rantings.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 14:33

SecretFly wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

No he didn't.  He behaved like a man that knows how to be a dissenting voice in a paddock of sheep.  Is 'sorry' the word he should have used?  Should he have apologised to those that sneered his high brow hopes for however many years he's been there?

He behaved like someone in a playground argument and the teacher took his side. He didn't have to say sorry, he didn't have to mention it at all, it served no purpose whatsoever other than to antagonise. It is base rhetoric that is used all to often in political forums, and generally makes you look like an idiot.

And a dissenting voice in a paddock of sheep... You really used that phrase? Crikey.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 14:33

SecretFly wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

Robin Cook's resignation speech was the behaviour of a man that knew how to be a dissenting voice in a paddock of sheep. Farage came across as a self-satisfied, dim-witted oik. I can see how that appeals to many people though.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 14:34

ShahenshahG wrote:Navy looks up business rates in the UK put your marine le pen sitting on farage''s face level eurosceptic glasses on and try to find a way to blame the EU for it. That's why lord dothwails voted leave and why he was the recipient of the most vitriolic abuse in this thread. He thinks the centrally set business rates enforced and collected by local councils are there because of the EU''s red tape. Less a turkey voting for Christmas, more livestock paying alligator sfor blwjobs

Agreed, was one of the most embarassing things on this thread to be stated as fact when it was such mythical bullcrap not even JR Rowling could've come up with such make believe nonsense.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next