The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nike to Pull out of Golf Equipment Market

+15
robopz
GPB
pedro
raycastleunited
JAS
wiretapper
MontysMerkin
Davie
navyblueshorts
MustPuttBetter
super_realist
Roller_Coaster
SmithersJones
beninho
McLaren
19 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Nike to Pull out of Golf Equipment Market - Page 5 Empty Nike to Pull out of Golf Equipment Market

Post by McLaren Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:49 am

First topic message reminder :

Though deserved a thread of its own

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36971507

No clubs, balls and bags anymore but continuing to make apparel.

Some thoughts so far;

SmithersJones wrote:Excuse the golf talk but Nike have announced they're pulling out of the golf equipment business. Wonder if Rory will be playing his old Titleist clubs and more pertinently his old Scotty next time out?

GPB wrote:Nike getting out the Golf Equipment business.  Will still manufacture clothing including shoes.

sirbenson wrote:The Tiger Woods affect....Charl Schwartzel's mid season move of brand makes sense now, apparently Mcilroy was practicing last week with a Scotty Cameron putter

With Nike and Adidas leaving the golf market what does it say about the game?  

Will the Nike players be loving that they can use different equipment now?

How many majors would Tiger have won if he could have used the proV1?    :whistle:  

I doubt a Scotty will help Rory too much.

Steiny on Tiger

Steiny wrote:"Clearly he and I need to be thinking about a change on the hard goods side," Steinberg told GolfChannel.com via phone. "He and I have discussed at length the plan for that, and feel comfortable with what we're going to do going forward. But clearly, there's likely to be a change."

"He's been a longtime icon of Nike Golf and that's not going to change one ounce. He'll remain a loyal and enthusiastic icon of Nike."

Mizuno golf touting for business

‏@Golf_Mizuno wrote:@TigerWoods @McIlroyRory @BKoepka @Kevin_Chappell @JhonattanVegas @russhenleygolf @themichellewie --Team Mizuno now holding open tryouts
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Nike to Pull out of Golf Equipment Market - Page 5 Empty Re: Nike to Pull out of Golf Equipment Market

Post by MustPuttBetter Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:53 am

westisbest wrote:A good 90% of your posts you seem to be negative.
You seem to want to throw childish insults to people.
You feel there is a need to do that a lot.
You do seem angry.

That was my point.

Don't see any other posters that post the same way as you.
Also don't get this online persona different to how you are outside 606.

I do feel you are very comfortable hiding behind 606 with some of the things you say.
Would you say the stuff to people's faces. I'm not so sure.
But we will never know I guess.

How I am on here is how I am in general.

Yeah Super, and you're probably bald Whistle
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Nike to Pull out of Golf Equipment Market - Page 5 Empty Re: Nike to Pull out of Golf Equipment Market

Post by pedro Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:31 am

He has definitely got some issues with his ego.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:11 am

Every one hides behind some sort of online persona, thats why we all have usernames, I dont think anyone has given his full name. Everyone makes bold claims and statements because basically, it means absolutely fk all. Super R, can say whatever he wants, some will agree some will not, some will thnk he is a d*ck, some will not. We all like a bit of discussion and debate, if we didnt we would not be on a message board. To be fair I dont, and I dont think anyone should really take anything too serious thats posted on this forum.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:14 am

Not everyone is anonymous on here - My first name is obvious - I've mentioned my club before now; I've two or three people from here on my Facebook friends list so they obviously know who I am - and I've met two regular posters from here

The ultra mysterious on here are quite baffling to be honest

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:19 am

My name's not actually MustPuttBetter
But don't tell my wife
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:33 am

I am Spartacus.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:46 am

super_realist wrote:And there's an arrogant, patronising, myopic, simpering level of liberal ninnying

Not sure I understand this?

super_realist wrote:If you don't like the manner of my posts, fine, don't engage with me. Ignore everything I say and worry about whatever it is keeps you up at night.

It's not that I don't like engaging with you but rather that your posts portray you as quite a negative person who seems reluctant (or unable?) to admit that something is worthy of praise.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:58 am

I propose a new thread - fings wot soops likes.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:06 pm

MontysMerkin wrote:I propose a new thread - fings wot soops likes.

You should set it up. Would stop this thread getting off topic again.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:00 pm

MontysMerkin wrote:I propose a new thread - fings wot soops likes.
Himself?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:06 pm

I for one am disappointed about Nikes decision pull out of golf equipment manufacture. I will miss the noise of their revolutionary sasquatch range boinging all over the course. However I am overjoyed that they will continue their line of golfing apparel. I find it stylishly designed and the quality is second to none. Knowing it is manufactured in third world countries, who may or not be being exploited by large multi nationals really sweetens the deal for me, and long may it continue.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:45 pm

MontysMerkin wrote:However I am overjoyed that they will continue their line of golfing apparel. I find it stylishly designed and the quality is second to none. Knowing it is manufactured in third world countries, who may or not be being exploited by large multi nationals really sweetens the deal for me, and long may it continue.
It's definitely a proof of quality it has been manufactured in a sweat shop.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:32 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:
westisbest wrote:A good 90% of your posts you seem to be negative.
You seem to want to throw childish insults to people.
You feel there is a need to do that a lot.
You do seem angry.

That was my point.

Don't see any other posters that post the same way as you.
Also don't get this online persona different to how you are outside 606.

I do feel you are very comfortable hiding behind 606 with some of the things you say.
Would you say the stuff to people's faces. I'm not so sure.
But we will never know I guess.

How I am on here is how I am in general.

Yeah Super, and you're probably bald Whistle

Thought you might chip in Very Happy

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:57 am

finally something I know super will be happy about, Mrs Brown's Boys voted best sitcom of century.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/aug/23/mrs-browns-boys-voted-best-sitcom-of-century
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:19 am

Voted by whom Mac? I don't think you could find anyone who would vote that drivel the best of the century.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:23 am

it was an online poll of 14,000. Its all in the article, I don't think it was made up.

I'm not a fan of it though, I do think The Office should have been top, some good sitcoms in the list though. Phoenix Nights, Inbetweeners, Peep Show, Detectorists.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:27 am

Strange list, strange winner. I've never heard of anyone liking that show.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:29 am

9.6million watched it on christmas day 2014. Have you not seen anything about the crazy ratings it gets?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:35 am

I think we need to stop asking the British public to vote given how bad they are at it.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:42 am

beninho wrote:9.6million watched it on christmas day 2014. Have you not seen anything about the crazy ratings it gets?

17.4 million people voted leave. What are the other 7.8 million morons watching?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:52 am

beninho wrote:9.6million watched it on christmas day 2014. Have you not seen anything about the crazy ratings it gets?

And millions buy One Dimensions music, but it doesn't tell you anything about how good it is, or more appropriately, how bad. Argument ad populum

To be fair, I've only ever seen about 10 minutes of the tatty munching programme, but I thought it was awful.

Last edited by super_realist on Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:52 am

super_realist wrote:Strange list, strange winner. I've never heard of anyone liking that show.

What would be your choice?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:54 am

super_realist wrote:

And millions buy One Dimensions music, but it doesn't tell you anything about how good it is, or more appropriately, how bad.

To be fair, I've only ever seen about 10 minutes of the tatty munching programme, but I thought it was awful.

It makes it popular, my comment was that you didn't seem to realise how popular it was. I don't think its great, but it's not awful. Thats a massive overreaction for a programme you have seen for 10minutes.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:57 am

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:Strange list, strange winner. I've never heard of anyone liking that show.

What would be your choice?

Of the list, and the ones that I've seen on that list, I'd put Phoenix Nights at the top. I'm sure many would put "The Office" up there, but I never really liked that.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:19 pm

The top 5 in no particular order should have been

The Office
Peep Show
Greenwing
The thick of it
Black books
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:08 pm

This is way off topic, even for this thread. G4S thread please...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:45 pm

sorry if this is off off Topic Smile

Rory Mcilroy spotted testing 5 different Scotty Cameron putters at the barclays tournament this morning

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:05 pm

hend085 wrote:sorry if this is off off Topic :)

Rory Mcilroy spotted testing 5 different Scotty Cameron putters at the barclays tournament this morning

I wouldn't be surprised to see him test a few Vokey's as well.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:18 am

Well he can use whatever he likes now, so why not the whole lot?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:47 am

Will a new putter turn him into a better putter though? surely he will still be as inconsistent as always.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:54 am

Beninho

I am always a little doubtful that putter set up makes that much difference, for me at least it is all about the look and how it fits my eye. Maybe Rory just never liked the look or feel of the Nike putters?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:49 am

If it gives him confidence, and makes him feel more confident, maybe its just a mental thing.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:11 pm

beninho wrote:If it gives him confidence, and makes him feel more confident, maybe its just a mental thing.
Belief in our Lord Saviour has shown to have positive effects in golf. Fact.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:47 pm

hend085 wrote:sorry if this is off off Topic Smile

Doubt it'll make much difference to his putting what he uses. He'll remain streaky as he's always been.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:57 pm

Apparently Rory will opt for the Scotty GoLo.

Navy, have you never got an improvement in putting from a change in putter? I know I have grown weary of a putter and picking one which looks "right" has provided a bit of a gain. Although I agree Rory isn't suddenly going to turn into Jordan on the greens via a putter change.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:50 pm

McLaren wrote:Apparently Rory will opt for the Scotty GoLo.

Navy, have you never got an improvement in putting from a change in putter?  I know I have grown weary of a putter and picking one which looks "right" has provided a bit of a gain.  Although I agree Rory isn't suddenly going to turn into Jordan on the greens via a putter change.
Yep, like many others I've had an 'improvement' when changing a putter (or a driver etc), but it doesn't last. It's not the kit (at least not very much), but the user.

I tend to go with the same sort of route for putters as you do, in that I go for one that looks good to me at address and feels right on a few putts. I currently have a Ping Scottsdale Anser in a rather nice beryllium-nickel alloy that I picked up on eBay a few years back and for the first time, I'm not going to change it, even after a bad run of putting. I've had as low as 26 putts or as high as 38 with it so far, on the same course and average ~32-33. I know it's not the putter that causes that level of variance so I don't let it bother me anymore. I do fiddle with my grip or set up on occasion though. Taken ~35 years to get here, but I think I might finally be past the point of having to buy yet more gear on the off chance it'll make any major difference to any part of my game. Nike and Adidas must hate me.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:23 pm

MontysMerkin wrote:
beninho wrote:If it gives him confidence, and makes him feel more confident, maybe its just a mental thing.

Nonsense.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:31 pm

super_realist wrote:
MontysMerkin wrote:

Nonsense.

Reel him in, Monty laughing

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:36 pm

super_realist wrote:
MontysMerkin wrote:

Nonsense.

Do you not believe in God? Maybe you should mention it one day....

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:08 am

Davie wrote:Not everyone is anonymous on here - My first name is obvious - I've mentioned my club before now; I've two or three people from here on my Facebook friends list so they obviously know who I am - and I've met two regular posters from here

The ultra mysterious on here are quite baffling to be honest

Hi Obvious, thanks for sharing, that's a really unusual name. I always assumed your real name was Dave.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:40 am

raycastleunited wrote:
Davie wrote:Not everyone is anonymous on here - My first name is obvious - I've mentioned my club before now; I've two or three people from here on my Facebook friends list so they obviously know who I am - and I've met two regular posters from here

Hi Obvious, thanks for sharing, that's a really unusual name.
Maybe he's from America

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:51 am

Davie wrote:
super_realist wrote:
MontysMerkin wrote:

Nonsense.

Reel  him in, Monty laughing
Laugh A bite methinks. Unfortunately for S_R, he's ignoring a whole host of evidence re. placebo and psychology. The existence of some sort of deity doesn't have to be remotely true for there to be a +ve effect.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:28 pm

I think he should try it, it may give the peace and tranquility he currently lacks. The good Lord will provide, now go forth my son.....
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:40 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Davie wrote:
super_realist wrote:
MontysMerkin wrote:

Nonsense.

Laugh A bite methinks. Unfortunately for S_R, he's ignoring a whole host of evidence re. placebo and psychology. The existence of some sort of deity doesn't have to be remotely true for there to be a +ve effect.

Dear oh dear Navy,
I'm ignoring nothing at all.
The degree to which these morons believe in a jewish sky zombie changes not a jot between whether they come DEAD LAST or win, furthermore, there are dozens of other swivel eyed loons in the field who also believe the same thing, only one can win, and the rest are losers, so it's not working for those who don't win, despite both having the same "placebo". So if they believe and don't win, as they most often don't, what do you say about that?  You simply can't attach any result on it because there are far too many variables in play. It's no different from keeping your tees in your left pocket. It's superstition.

Therefore, the placebo effect can not be claimed to have any effect whatsoever as more people are "taking" it than winning, when ALL of the bible thumpers in the field are taking it, yet, only ONE player, placebo or not can win.

It's not really the point though, it's the disgusting arrogance that they think any sky zombie would help them win a golf competition, it's absurd and crass on so many levels that are actually quite shameful, not least employing an outside influence.
If they genuinely believed it, they'd never practice, wouldn't have a coach, and would just tee it up.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:03 pm

Why do you bite all the time on the religion topic.
Personally you appear to be as much a swivel eyed loon due to your frankly weird hatred of religion and anyone vaguely religious. Its really strange I can only think a priest / rabbi / Iman / vicar fiddled with you as a kiddie. You clearly have issues, and speak more about religion then most vaguely religious people I know.
See a therapist.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:23 pm

super_realist wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Davie wrote:
super_realist wrote:
MontysMerkin wrote:

Nonsense.

Dear oh dear Navy,
I'm ignoring nothing at all.
The degree to which these morons believe in a jewish sky zombie changes not a jot between whether they come DEAD LAST or win, furthermore, there are dozens of other swivel eyed loons in the field who also believe the same thing, only one can win, and the rest are losers, so it's not working for those who don't win, despite both having the same "placebo". So if they believe and don't win, as they most often don't, what do you say about that?  You simply can't attach any result on it because there are far too many variables in play. It's no different from keeping your tees in your left pocket. It's superstition.

Therefore, the placebo effect can not be claimed to have any effect whatsoever as more people are "taking" it than winning, when ALL of the bible thumpers in the field are taking it, yet, only ONE player, placebo or not can win.

It's not really the point though, it's the disgusting arrogance that they think any sky zombie would help them win a golf competition, it's absurd and crass on so many levels that are actually quite shameful, not least employing an outside influence.
If they genuinely believed it, they'd never practice, wouldn't have a coach, and would just tee it up.
Christ. Give it a rest. We get it - you're an atheist.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5