The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland's bid for 2023 World Cup - venues announced + Gov. underwriting 320m

+57
No9
Engine#4
munkian
Collapse2005
Big
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
carpet baboon
beshocked
thebandwagonsociety
robbo277
GunsGermsV2
MichaelT
Gwlad
Sin é
Don Alfonso
ebop
the-goon
Taylorman
aucklandlaurie
Geen sport voor watjes
TightHEAD
Golden
Rugbyjk
demosthenes
Shifty
rodders
geoff999rugby
wayne
True Raven
SecretFly
asoreleftshoulder
nlpnlp
LeinsterFan4life
RDW
Gooseberry
fa0019
GunsGerms
Notch
kingelderfield
brennomac
Exiledinborders
wolfball
Welly
TheMildlyFranticLlama
doctor_grey
Pete330v2
funnyExiledScot
marty2086
Cyril
Hazel Sapling
TrailApe
BamBam
Irish Londoner
Senlac
No 7&1/2
LordDowlais
Pot Hale
61 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Ireland's bid for 2023 World Cup - venues announced + Gov. underwriting 320m - Page 8 Empty Ireland's bid for 2023 World Cup - venues announced + Gov. underwriting 320m

Post by Sin é Mon 08 Aug 2016, 9:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Venues announced and both Govs underwriting cost.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/government-to-underwrite-320m-in-bid-for-2023-rugby-world-cup-414609.html

Croke Park, The Aviva stadium, RDS in Dublin; (3)
Casement Park and Kingspan Stadium in Belfast (2)
Pairc Uí Chaoimh in Cork;

These include Croke Park, the Aviva Stadium and the RDS in Dublin;
Casement Park and Kingspan Stadium in Belfast;
Pairc Uí Chaoimh in Cork;
Thomond Park, Limerick;
Fitzgerald Stadium, Killarney;
Pearse Stadium, Galway;
McHale Park in Castlebar;
Nowlan Park, Kilkenny;
and Celtic Park in Derry.

Great to see how evenly spread around the island (Derry & Kilkenny for example).

The operational costs for redeveloping some of these venues and bringing them up to standards and sizes for the tournament is estimated to cost in the region of €60m.

I think we have a good chance.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Ireland's bid for 2023 World Cup - venues announced + Gov. underwriting 320m - Page 8 Empty Re: Ireland's bid for 2023 World Cup - venues announced + Gov. underwriting 320m

Post by Cyril Sat 15 Jul 2017, 10:23 am

Does the IRFU share a lot of ideals with DUP? I know some Irish fans on here are heavily in favour of them, but is it a widespread support?

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Ireland's bid for 2023 World Cup - venues announced + Gov. underwriting 320m - Page 8 Empty Re: Ireland's bid for 2023 World Cup - venues announced + Gov. underwriting 320m

Post by GunsGermsV2 Mon 17 Jul 2017, 2:00 pm

Cyril wrote:Does the IRFU share a lot of ideals with DUP? I know some Irish fans on here are heavily in favour of them, but is it a widespread support?

The IRFU are more interested in inclusion so no the IRFU and the DUP have very little in common, though there have been a couple of DUP sympathisers playing for Ireland over the years. Davy Tweed for example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Tweed

Id imagine most rugby fans are as embarrassed by the DUP as they are by Sinn Fein. Its fairly deplorable that the Tories would jump into bed with them but not at all surprising. Not sure who the Ireland fans in favour of the DUP are but each to their own.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 17 Jul 2017, 2:59 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
Cyril wrote:Does the IRFU share a lot of ideals with DUP? I know some Irish fans on here are heavily in favour of them, but is it a widespread support?

The IRFU are more interested in inclusion so no the IRFU and the DUP have very little in common, though there have been a couple of DUP sympathisers playing for Ireland over the years. Davy Tweed for example:

Id imagine most rugby fans are as embarrassed by the DUP as they are by Sinn Fein. Its fairly deplorable that the Tories would jump into bed with them but not at all surprising. Not sure who the Ireland fans in favour of the DUP are but each to their own.

Corbyn has been in bed with Sinn Fein for years by choice, Tories being forced to compromise with the DUP is not the same thing.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 17 Jul 2017, 3:00 pm

beshocked wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:

Corbyn has been in bed with Sinn Fein for years by choice, Tories being forced to compromise with the DUP is not the same thing.

I love people waking up to Irish politics and really not having a clue Rolling Eyes

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Mon 17 Jul 2017, 3:05 pm

beshocked wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:

The Tories would sell their grannies for power. No shame.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 17 Jul 2017, 3:56 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
beshocked wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:

On the contrary I would it's Corbyn who has been the main politician hungry for power, irrespective of the destruction his actions will cause. You could see how highly he sees himself after being praised by some of his supporters at Glastonbury. Bribing the young with promises he'd struggle to keep if actually elected.

Corbyn has allowed Brexit to happen in his bid for power, he doesn't seem to be embarrassed by that. He has been one of the key architects of Brexit, he is pro-Brexit and many of his pro-EU supporters don't seem to have realised it.

Whilst I think May has been a weak figure, she did take up the thankless poisoned chalice of trying to negotiate Brexit (something she didn't vote for).

In a horrible situation where we have a PM who didn't vote Brexit being propped up by the DUP having to negotiate with the EU who won't give the UK a good deal.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 17 Jul 2017, 4:01 pm

beshocked wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
beshocked wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:

On the contrary I would it's Corbyn who has been the main politician hungry for power, irrespective of the destruction his actions will cause. You could see how highly he sees himself after being praised by some of his supporters at Glastonbury. Bribing the young with promises he'd struggle to keep if actually elected.

Corbyn has allowed Brexit to happen in his bid for power, he doesn't seem to be embarrassed by that. He has been one of the key architects of Brexit, he is pro-Brexit and many of his pro-EU supporters don't seem to have realised it.

Whilst I think May has been a weak figure, she did take up the thankless poisoned chalice of trying to negotiate Brexit (something she didn't vote for).

In a horrible situation where we have a PM who didn't vote Brexit being propped up by the DUP having to negotiate with the EU who won't give the UK a good deal.

picard

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon 17 Jul 2017, 10:53 pm

marty, are you DUP?

If so, will this help Irish rugby?

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 18 Jul 2017, 9:00 am

Cyril wrote:marty, are you DUP?

Go back to bed Cyril.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 18 Jul 2017, 9:39 am

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
Cyril wrote:marty, are you DUP?

Go back to bed Cyril.

Just as well I've Cyril blocked, another clueless one Rolling Eyes

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue 18 Jul 2017, 10:34 am

It was Irish Londoner who brought up the DUP angel

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sat 22 Jul 2017, 3:49 pm

The newly redeveloped Pairc ui Chaoimh (in Cork) is looking good today.

Tipperary looking better than usual.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Sun 23 Jul 2017, 9:49 pm

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfball Mon 24 Jul 2017, 3:27 pm

marty2086 wrote:

Looks great! That's the most modern GAA stadium I have seen. Keeps the terraces as well. Hope it is finished in time!

wolfball

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mon 24 Jul 2017, 3:44 pm

beshocked wrote:

So, the Tories propose an EU referendum, they then pass the legislation to run that referendum with none of the controls that normally go with what is effectively a constitutional decision, and to make it worse absolutely no plan either in no. 10 or within the leadership of Vote Leave on what to do if the vote was to leave. The PM then heads a piss poor remain campaign and does a runner when he loses. But Corbyn, who was never a big fan and had no reason to be a cheerleader for the EU, is the one that 'allowed' this to happen. Yeah, right.

I was in favour of leaving (on a Norway type deal) but voted to remain because I thought the Tories were incompetent and would mess it up and leave us all in a much worse position. As of yet I have seen no evidence that I was wrong.

Big

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Mon 24 Jul 2017, 6:53 pm

Big wrote:
beshocked wrote:

So, the Tories propose an EU referendum, they then pass the legislation to run that referendum with none of the controls that normally go with what is effectively a constitutional decision, and to make it worse absolutely no plan either in no. 10 or within the leadership of Vote Leave on what to do if the vote was to leave.  The PM then heads a piss poor remain campaign and does a runner when he loses.  But Corbyn, who was never a big fan and had no reason to be a cheerleader for the EU, is the one that 'allowed' this to happen.  Yeah, right.

I was in favour of leaving (on a Norway type deal) but voted to remain because I thought the Tories were incompetent and would mess it up and leave us all in a much worse position.  As of yet I have seen no evidence that I was wrong.    

I would have thought that if anyone 'allowed' this to happen it was the UK voting public.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 25 Jul 2017, 9:58 am

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Big wrote:
beshocked wrote:

So, the Tories propose an EU referendum, they then pass the legislation to run that referendum with none of the controls that normally go with what is effectively a constitutional decision, and to make it worse absolutely no plan either in no. 10 or within the leadership of Vote Leave on what to do if the vote was to leave.  The PM then heads a piss poor remain campaign and does a runner when he loses.  But Corbyn, who was never a big fan and had no reason to be a cheerleader for the EU, is the one that 'allowed' this to happen.  Yeah, right.

I was in favour of leaving (on a Norway type deal) but voted to remain because I thought the Tories were incompetent and would mess it up and leave us all in a much worse position.  As of yet I have seen no evidence that I was wrong.    

I would have thought that if anyone 'allowed' this to happen it was the UK voting public.

I blame the English and the Welsh Little Englanders

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 25 Jul 2017, 10:32 am

Big wrote:
beshocked wrote:

Big the referendum was part of the Conservative manifesto - it was ironically one rare moment of a party not U turning.

I think you'll find that it was disgruntled Labour supporters who swung the vote in favour of Brexit.

Corbyn wanted Brexit to happen.

There was not an united front. Credit where's it due there was a more united front during the Scottish independence talks.

I agree the Remain campaign was poor but there was no help from Corbyn. Of course as an Eurosceptic it is not that surprising.

I voted to remain because whilst I am no fan of the bureaucratic EU, the status quo was superior to the uncertainty we now have.

The uncertainty continues because of Corbyn's ability of convince people that he owns a magic money tree.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 25 Jul 2017, 10:38 am

Corbyn wanted Brexit to happen despite campaigning more than most against it? Erm

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 25 Jul 2017, 10:41 am

Corbyn did want brexit. His whole career he campaigned/voted against the eu.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 25 Jul 2017, 10:51 am

marty2086 wrote:Corbyn wanted Brexit to happen despite campaigning more than most against it? Erm

Corbyn's efforts were halfhearted.

An economist article summed it up nicely.

There was a lot of criticism of Corbyn and rightly so.

Type into google corbyn absent from remain campaign and many articles pop up.

https://www.ft.com/content/9a657dd6-2ef9-11e6-a18d-a96ab29e3c95

FT too.

no 7 & 1/2 well said. OK

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue 25 Jul 2017, 10:54 am

marty2086 wrote:
It all looks a bit 80s/90s Headscratch

Check out some of the Japanese equivalents. Now that's state of the art!

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 25 Jul 2017, 10:54 am

No he voted against the EEC and criticised the EU, just as I have done myself. I still voted and supported Remain.

Only Cameron and Osbourne attended more Remain events

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 25 Jul 2017, 10:58 am

He led poorly. And continues to lead poorly. I doubt Corbyn voted remain. Magic money tree though beshocked, is owned by the tories at the moment!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 25 Jul 2017, 11:04 am

So you believe a self appointed conclusion that matches your opinion, theres a shock

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 25 Jul 2017, 11:09 am

He's not a fan. I barely saw him during the campaigning and I'm someone who actually bothered to follow he whole thing. If he did support remaining he made a very poor job of getting that clear message out.

It's not his overall fault though as he wasn't leading the campaign.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 25 Jul 2017, 11:10 am

With all due respect marty you aren't someone who can potentially sway discontented Labour voters into going with the party line.

Corbyn didn't stand side by side with Cameron or Osbourne did he?

Bear in mind Corbyn as the leader of the Labour Party has a significant voice.

An united front is not something we had then or have now. I lay the blame for that on Corbyn. Forget party politics - there should be a plan to try and move forwards - move away from the political games.

The problem is that Corbyn doesn't want unity.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 25 Jul 2017, 11:24 am

Or move us backwards to staying in the eu. Hard situation seeing as brexit doesn't fall to normal party allegiance so not that easy to take a position which would benefit the long term.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue 25 Jul 2017, 12:11 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:He led poorly. And continues to lead poorly.  I doubt Corbyn voted remain. Magic money tree though beshocked, is owned by the tories at the moment!

The magic money tree isn't going to last long either way once the UK is out of the EU. The choice is a race to the bottom aided by the Tories with great assistance from the British newspapers owners or a bit of disappointment with Corbyn over university fees.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Tue 25 Jul 2017, 2:18 pm

Sin é wrote:

The magic money tree isn't going to last long either way once the UK is out of the EU. The choice is a race to the bottom aided by the Tories with great assistance from the British newspapers owners or a bit of disappointment with Corbyn over university fees.

Well summarised really. And FYI we don't need to worry about the magic money tree, they are surpisingly common (every political party seems to have one, if not a whole a copse full) and are typically found next to magic brexit trees - that grow favourable trade deals with everything you want and no concessions, and come presigned by all European heads of state so those slippery foreigners can't get out of it. It's all going to be just fine.

On a more serious note, and getting back to the thread topic - I do hope Ireland get 2023 and looked forward to heading over there if they do. Great place and great people in my limited experience. I shan't worry too much about the Brexit effect, as the EU can block an EU wide deal that would allow us an open border with Ireland - but they can't actually force us or the Irish to close the border if no such deal is reached (and as neither we nor the Irish have any reason or desire to do so I can't think of any reason it would happen - perhaps naïve, but that's how I see it).

Big

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 25 Jul 2017, 2:43 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:He's not a fan. I barely saw him during the campaigning and I'm someone who actually bothered to follow he whole thing. If he did support remaining he made a very poor job of getting that clear message out.

It's not his overall fault though as he wasn't leading the campaign.

He wasn't covered by the media, theres a difference between not doing it and not being covered doing it

123 official appearances in less than 6 weeks

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 25 Jul 2017, 2:51 pm

Ah yeah. Mainstream bad. Fake news etc.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 25 Jul 2017, 3:12 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Ah yeah. Mainstream bad. Fake news etc.

picard

Or maybe something to do with a lot going on at the time and most news broadcasts having limited time?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 25 Jul 2017, 3:26 pm

For the labour leader. He really does need to work on that. Or preferably resign so we can get someone who is actually good.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 25 Jul 2017, 3:33 pm

Work on getting coverage of events from over a year ago?

Im sure he'll make it a priority

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 25 Jul 2017, 3:41 pm

No work on his relationship with the media. It's terrible on the whole and comes across as argumentative. He has failed to bring the party together and relies on mps who are not in the top of their class on the whole for his shadow cabinet. As I said though I can hardly blame him for brexit or the aftermath as he wasn't the leader of the campaign or in power now. I don't hink he'll be key in getting the WC to ireland either!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Thu 12 Oct 2017, 4:23 pm

Looks like its Ireland's to lose at this stage. Macron withdrawing his support from France's bid is probably enough to exclude them from the running especially given that they have also hosted it quite recently and they are also hosting the Olympics the following year which may put a dent in ticket sales.

South Africa was probably the under dog from the beginning due to its fairly turbulent political landscape both within their rugby union and country in general. Durban withdrawing from hosting the commonwealth games due to financial issues earlier in the year will not have helped.

Ireland's to lose?

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Thu 12 Oct 2017, 11:56 pm

Disasterous...should be SA

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Fri 13 Oct 2017, 10:02 am

It has been for some time.

I believe the womens world cup was a trial run for the organizational side.
Word is we passed that with flying colours.

SA are in financial diffs and had in in 1995 - time for another of the front nations to have a go.

Importantly, with GAA help, we have the grounds and we can guarantee the crowds in a way only England can match.

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 13 Oct 2017, 10:13 am

Is it November 15th the host is announced?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Fri 13 Oct 2017, 11:47 am

Yes 15th Nov. A few days after Ireland play SA at the Aviva.

When the bids were presented Ireland really hammered home the absence of Macron and Zuma at the ceremony when Drico in giving his presentation thanked Varadkar for attending who responded "I wouldn't miss it for the world" and later stated that Theresa May is also endorsing the Irish bid.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 13 Oct 2017, 11:53 am

Collapse2005 wrote:Yes 15th Nov. A few days after Ireland play SA at the Aviva.

When the bids were presented Ireland really hammered home the absence of Macron and Zuma at the ceremony when Drico in giving his presentation thanked Varadkar for attending who responded "I wouldn't miss it for the world" and later stated that Theresa May is also endorsing the Irish bid.

I saw the bit about May endorsing, whether that helps or hinders is another thing.

Sport UK released a list of events a few weeks they are hoping to bring to the UK over the next decade or so, no mention of them being part of the Ireland bid which is a shame though not surprising

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Wed 18 Oct 2017, 3:16 pm

Ireland really are taking this bid seriously. Well done to the IRFU committee, if they dont win the bid they cannot be accused of not covering all angles. Even the Irish president is getting involved visiting the ARU head quarters.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/higgins-more-than-optimistic-aussies-will-back-world-cup-bid-1.3260385

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 18 Oct 2017, 3:35 pm

TBH. I would love a world cup in Ireland.

Are they going to allow Wales to play some of their games at the PS ?

In saying that, at least it is not the other side of the world and easily accessible. The only thing is, unless Wales have games in Northern Ireland, it is going to cost a small fortune. Last time I was in Ireland I was paying 6/7 Euros a pint !!!!!!

No doubt this will be higher by the time the world cup comes around, and they will probably go up just because the world cup is on. I am not tight or short of money, I just do not like being taken advantage of. Everything else I find is pretty reasonable, just the beer is fecking expensive, and I love my beer.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Wed 18 Oct 2017, 3:56 pm

LordDowlais wrote:TBH. I would love a world cup in Ireland.

Are they going to allow Wales to play some of their games at the PS ?

In saying that, at least it is not the other side of the world and easily accessible. The only thing is, unless Wales have games in Northern Ireland, it is going to cost a small fortune. Last time I was in Ireland I was paying 6/7 Euros a pint !!!!!!

No doubt this will be higher by the time the world cup comes around, and they will probably go up just because the world cup is on.  I am not tight or short of money, I just do not like being taken advantage of. Everything else I find is pretty reasonable, just the beer is fecking expensive, and I love my beer.

Hi Lord D. Ireland can be expensive but like everywhere else it can also be cheap if you do your research. A lot of tourists fall into the trap of going to places like temple bar in Dublin where they are ripped off whereas locals go to much more interesting places which don't cost as much.

You may be encouraged to know that the IRFU bid has built into the proposal a cap on hotel room prices which will make accommodation cheaper than previous world cups. I'm sure you are aware of hotel prices in Cardiff for example on European Cup final weekends for example? You wont get such exorbitant prices with the proposed cap.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 18 Oct 2017, 4:07 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:Hi Lord D. Ireland can be expensive but like everywhere else it can also be cheap if you do your research. A lot of tourists fall into the trap of going to places like temple bar in Dublin where they are ripped off whereas locals go to much more interesting places which don't cost as much.

You may be encouraged to know that the IRFU bid has built into the proposal a cap on hotel room prices which will make accommodation cheaper than previous world cups. I'm sure you are aware of hotel prices in Cardiff for example on European Cup final weekends for example? You wont get such exorbitant prices with the proposed cap.

Hi Collapse. TBH, hotel prices and ticket prices do not really bother me, they are much of a muchness the world over, and if you want to go somewhere or do something, then the cost of a ticket or a hotel is what it is.

What does get my back though, and it is not just in Ireland, it is all throughout the Eurozone, is the price of a pint. I was in France last year, and that was the same, I have been to Germany this year, and that is the same, 7 euros+ for a pint, whilst everything else is about the same as the UK. Why is a pint so friggin expensive within the Eurozone ?

In the UK, in the city centers you can average a pint for between 3-5 quid. You can more or less double that outside of the UK. But food and other non alcoholic drinks such as coffee or coke will be on par with the UK. Why is beer/larger/cider any different ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelT Wed 18 Oct 2017, 4:11 pm

That might be true Guns but during the Fleadh a few years ago the local chamber went round to pubs and hotels and agreed no price increases and they went ahead and did it anyway. Taxi drivers bumped up their fares too. it will happen.

MichaelT

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Wed 18 Oct 2017, 4:32 pm

MichaelT wrote:That might be true Guns but during the Fleadh a few years ago the local chamber went round to pubs and hotels and agreed no price increases and they went ahead and did it anyway. Taxi drivers bumped up their fares too. it will happen.

You might be right but there is a difference between a local chamber going around to pubs and hotels during the Fleadh and the IRFU already working with the hotel federation of Ireland to put in place a documented price charter 6 years in advance. Some price gouging in inevitable but this isn't exclusive to Ireland.

Lord pints can be expensive (taxed more in Ireland than the UK), I dont drink so maybe I'm not sympathetic enough on that point. I doubt they would be more expensive than Paris however, and any cost to travel to SA would exceed the cost of a pint in Dublin. There are some cheap places and you can always visit one of the various Weatherspoons in Dublin if you want a cheaper pint and feel closer to home. I can give you a list of some of the more interesting places any time you visit if you like just hit me up.  

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/irfu-in-talks-with-hotel-federations-to-put-price-charter-in-place-if-ireland-host-2023-rugby-world-cup-35556277.html

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Wed 18 Oct 2017, 4:36 pm

also it might be cheaper in NI for pints but everything closes a lot earlier in Belfast than in Dublin so at the risk of offending anyone from Belfast I think Dublin is probably more fun a city to go out at night. If it is night life you are after you should hope Wales are assigned to Dublin, Galway or maybe Killarney. Pints are also cheaper outside Dublin.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 18 Oct 2017, 4:38 pm

Dublin is a beautiful city Collapse, and the price of beer is just me nit-picking, it's just a bug bare I have when in the Eurozone.

I would not begrudge a world cup in Ireland, and I would travel to watch Wales there whilst participating in one, saying that, I like Belfast as a city as well, I would not mind if games were played there, are there stadiums big enough to host a tier one country in a world cup pool in Northern Ireland ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next