The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nathan Cleverley - Fighting for a world title....Really ??

5 posters

Go down

Nathan Cleverley - Fighting for a world title....Really ?? Empty Nathan Cleverley - Fighting for a world title....Really ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 16 Aug 2016, 10:55 am

Nov 2014..............Tony Bellew................. Lost
May 2015..............Tomas Man 13-11-1...... Won
Oct 2015...............Andrz Fonfara...............Lost.....

Shouldn't just pick on Nathan plenty of others including Bute !!!.... If anyone was offered a title shot for decent money they'd take it..

One stiff in two years with two losses and you're in the WBA top 10.....

No wonder Boxing is dying on its arse....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Nathan Cleverley - Fighting for a world title....Really ?? Empty Re: Nathan Cleverley - Fighting for a world title....Really ??

Post by Pedro147 Tue 16 Aug 2016, 12:04 pm

Who is he fighting?

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Nathan Cleverley - Fighting for a world title....Really ?? Empty Re: Nathan Cleverley - Fighting for a world title....Really ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 16 Aug 2016, 12:12 pm

Braehmer for the WBA......

No surprises that Braehmer is milking......

Give Cleverley a chance......But it's a poor title match..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 16 Aug 2016, 12:21 pm

Joke! Modern boxing though!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 16 Aug 2016, 12:26 pm

I'm genuinely more surprised that anyone even feigns outrage at this type of affair anymore.

Anyone who follows the sport knows that this title is meaningless. Kovalev is the WBA title-holder. This is the Quigg WBA title - means little.

If you're surprised at this sort of match, you'll be surprised a lot.

Cleverly isn't even top-ten ranked (in any sensible set of rankings).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Aug 2016, 12:29 pm

Take away the title and it's a fairly decent fight but can't stomach the idea of Cleverley being World Champion and having to hear about "redemption" and all that bollox. He was damn near ruined by Kovalev and should have stayed that way

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 16 Aug 2016, 12:31 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Take away the title and it's a fairly decent fight but can't stomach the idea of Cleverley being World Champion and having to hear about "redemption" and all that bollox. He was damn near ruined by Kovalev and should have stayed that way

It's an Ok fight. In old money it would have been a solid-enough European title match.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 16 Aug 2016, 12:39 pm

hazharrison wrote:I'm genuinely more surprised that anyone even feigns outrage at this type of affair anymore.

Anyone who follows the sport knows that this title is meaningless. Kovalev is the WBA title-holder. This is the Quigg WBA title - means little.

If you're surprised at this sort of match, you'll be surprised a lot.

Cleverly isn't even top-ten ranked (in any sensible set of rankings).

I'm outraged and really surprised.. Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 16 Aug 2016, 12:46 pm

No harm to Nathan. If he was fighting in my garden, I would shut the blinds and call the police, to have him removed.

Nothing against him, but his career has went as far as it's going to go. I will not even bother watching this fight.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Aug 2016, 12:53 pm

AdamT wrote:No harm to Nathan. If he was fighting in my garden, I would shut the blinds and call the police, to have him tasered.

Nothing against him, but his career has went as far as it's going to go. I will not even bother watching this fight.
Fixed that for ya, Adam.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 16 Aug 2016, 12:53 pm

Least I didn't buy the Clev v Bellew fight...Two fighters who became slower as they moved up in weight..Even though that doesn't happen these days apparently. .

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 16 Aug 2016, 12:55 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
AdamT wrote:No harm to Nathan. If he was fighting in my garden, I would shut the blinds and call the police, to have him tasered.

Fixed that for ya, Adam.

Cool guinness

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 16 Aug 2016, 12:57 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Least I didn't buy the Clev v Bellew fight...Two fighters who became slower as they moved up in weight..Even though that doesn't happen these days apparently. .

The worst PPV in history. The whole card was rubbish, especially the headline. Would rather watch Matt Skelton try and nutt Danny Williams.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 16 Aug 2016, 1:14 pm

Did 200,000 buys..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 16 Aug 2016, 9:41 pm

Not to mention fonfara got sparked in one round recently

But it should be a good fight

Forget about titles and worry about matchups

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down