The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury vs Klitschko II

Go down

Fury vs Klitschko II Empty Fury vs Klitschko II

Post by Adam D on Mon 12 Sep 2016, 2:50 pm

Press conference taking place now

Tyson fury has no showed so far.

Apparently his car broke down on the way. And then his mobile went dead.

So what stunt do we reckon he is going to do this time? I reckon a flash mob.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Posts : 23684
Join date : 2011-01-24
Age : 47
Location : Parts Unknown

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Fury vs Klitschko II Empty Re: Fury vs Klitschko II

Post by TopHat24/7 on Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:23 pm

Lol most interesting part of any Wlad fight in over a decade are Fury's build up sheningans....

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 36
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Fury vs Klitschko II Empty Re: Fury vs Klitschko II

Post by Guest on Mon 12 Sep 2016, 3:37 pm

Mick Hennessy, Fury's promoter, apologised for his champion's absence at the smart London hotel, saying: 'Tyson called us. His car battery's run out. He's stuck in traffic. And his engine's broken down.'

Fat Mick clearly knows as much about cars as he does about promoting fights


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury vs Klitschko II Empty Re: Fury vs Klitschko II

Post by Rowley on Mon 12 Sep 2016, 5:58 pm

This is fast beginning to resemble some sort of bizarre performance art thing about how not to put on a big fight. First you have the injury/drug ban which scuppers the first date. this is followed by Fury’s team announcing a new date before it is agreed, which leads to an embarrassing climb down and even lower confidence amongst fans that the fight will actually happen. This is then followed by Wlad claiming the contracts have been altered and threatening to sue.

Finally all this seems to be resolved and we have a fight on it would appear, so how do all involved rebuild public confidence and reinvigorate waning public interest and belief in this fight, by the champion not turning up for the first press conference. Clearly Hennessy has no control or influence on Fury's behaviour, because you have to think today's no show is pretty much the last thing he needed.

I am genuinely beginning to believe this is some sort of experiment to see how small a crowd it is possible to get for a world heavyweight title fight. Shambles barely does it justice.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 47
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Fury vs Klitschko II Empty Re: Fury vs Klitschko II

Post by Guest on Mon 12 Sep 2016, 6:12 pm

Fury "Mick, it's Tyson, I can't make the presser, my car's f*cked!"

One has to wonder at the ineptitude of a promoter whose first (and perhaps only) words upon hearing this should have been, "Get a f*cking taxi, then you thick c*nt!"

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury vs Klitschko II Empty Re: Fury vs Klitschko II

Post by irishbrads on Mon 12 Sep 2016, 7:01 pm

Rowley wrote:This is fast beginning to resemble some sort of bizarre performance art thing about how not to put on a big fight. First you have the injury/drug ban which scuppers the first date. this is followed by Fury’s team announcing a new date before it is agreed, which leads to an embarrassing climb down and even lower confidence amongst fans that the fight will actually happen. This is then followed by Wlad claiming the contracts have been altered and threatening to sue.

Finally all this seems to be resolved and we have a fight on it would appear, so how do all involved rebuild public confidence and reinvigorate waning public interest and belief in this fight, by the champion not turning up for the first press conference.  Clearly Hennessy has no control or influence on Fury's behaviour, because you have to think today's no show is pretty much the last thing he needed.

I am genuinely beginning to believe this is some sort of experiment to see how small a crowd it is possible to get for a world heavyweight title fight. Shambles barely does it justice.

well said, you pretty much summed up my feelings, my confidence in this fight actually happening is less than 50%, i took a punt on the first fight and bought a ticket, i was disappointed at myself more than anything when it got cancelled as i went against my gut feeling, i doubt i am the only one when i say this but i'd never buy another ticket where fury/fat mick/warren are involved,

irishbrads

Posts : 130
Join date : 2011-11-01

Back to top Go down

Fury vs Klitschko II Empty Re: Fury vs Klitschko II

Post by melv500 on Tue 13 Sep 2016, 5:35 pm

I never really liked Klit but you have to feel sorry for him putting up with this circus. Furthermore what must he and the German boxing fans think of the English? First Haye, then Chisora (v Wlad) and now the thickest/dumbest pri*k of them all Fury. The lot of them are an embarrassment to boxing and their country.

melv500

Posts : 389
Join date : 2011-06-20

Back to top Go down

Fury vs Klitschko II Empty Re: Fury vs Klitschko II

Post by Guest on Tue 13 Sep 2016, 6:15 pm

If ever there was a time I want Wlad to level a fighter with one punch, silencing an entire crowd with the utter devastation that the shot wrought then it's in October against Fury. The amount of sh!t this pr!ck leveled at David Haye for cancelling fights due to "injury" and blathering on about how he'd never postpone a fight then the c*nt comes out with an ankle "injury" on the same day it's revealed he's been done for doping violations and then is seen prancing around France buying drinks for the English fans (even though he's "proud to be Irish") a week later?!?! W*nker!

I can't abide Wlad's promoter, Boente, either but he's infinitely preferable to that bumbling f*cktard, Hennessey.

Would have thought the BBBC would have dragged this pair of f*cking idiots into line telling them that their recent antics and ineptitude have brought embarrassment upon not only themselves but British boxing as a whole and unless they get themselves unf*cked and unf*cked sharpish then there's going to be a major ar$e kicking handed out

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury vs Klitschko II Empty Re: Fury vs Klitschko II

Post by Rowley on Tue 13 Sep 2016, 6:20 pm

If I was Hearn I would get on the phone and ask Wlad if he fancied Joshua in November. Appreciate Wlad wants his chance at revenge and the real belts but he is a smart bloke, if the likes of us have concerns this fight will happen Wlad has sure as hell had the same concerns. He is not at an age where 12 or 18 months of inactivity does him any favours. Bit cheeky from Hearn but I doubt Wlad would completely dismiss the idea.

Can go back to Fury when him and his team start wanting to act like professionals and actually get the fight done properly.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 47
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Fury vs Klitschko II Empty Re: Fury vs Klitschko II

Post by Guest on Tue 13 Sep 2016, 6:23 pm

Rowley wrote:If I was Hearn I would get on the phone and ask Wlad if he fancied Joshua in November. Appreciate Wlad wants his chance at revenge and the real belts but he is a smart bloke, if the likes of us have concerns this fight will happen Wlad has sure as hell had the same concerns. He is not at an age where 12 or 18 months of inactivity does him any favours. Bit cheeky from Hearn but I doubt Wlad would completely dismiss the idea.

Can go back to Fury when him and his team start wanting to act like professionals and actually get the fight done properly.
Be a massive coup for Hearn with Brook nicking the GGG fight and then AJ getting Wlad. Would also go some way towards stemming the tide of unrest that seems to be growing re Eddie and his PPV antics.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury vs Klitschko II Empty Re: Fury vs Klitschko II

Post by hazharrison on Tue 13 Sep 2016, 6:26 pm

Rowley wrote:If I was Hearn I would get on the phone and ask Wlad if he fancied Joshua in November. Appreciate Wlad wants his chance at revenge and the real belts but he is a smart bloke, if the likes of us have concerns this fight will happen Wlad has sure as hell had the same concerns. He is not at an age where 12 or 18 months of inactivity does him any favours. Bit cheeky from Hearn but I doubt Wlad would completely dismiss the idea.

Can go back to Fury when him and his team start wanting to act like professionals and actually get the fight done properly.

I don't think Klitschko would touch Joshua with a barge pole. Klitschko will just sit tight and wait for the belts to become vacant (then leather someone like Fres Oquendo).

Anyone think Fury expects to be banned in November - and is hoping that by not fighting the retrospective punishment will mean he's free to fight again in 2017?

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Fury vs Klitschko II Empty Re: Fury vs Klitschko II

Post by Rowley on Tue 13 Sep 2016, 6:37 pm

A lot would depend how long Wlad seems himself hanging around.mif he is planning on a few more years he may look at it from the perspective that better to face him now than two years down the line.

As for what goes on in Fury's mind, God only knows, that is way beyond my mental capacities.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 47
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Fury vs Klitschko II Empty Re: Fury vs Klitschko II

Post by Guest on Tue 13 Sep 2016, 6:40 pm

hazharrison wrote:
Rowley wrote:If I was Hearn I would get on the phone and ask Wlad if he fancied Joshua in November. Appreciate Wlad wants his chance at revenge and the real belts but he is a smart bloke, if the likes of us have concerns this fight will happen Wlad has sure as hell had the same concerns. He is not at an age where 12 or 18 months of inactivity does him any favours. Bit cheeky from Hearn but I doubt Wlad would completely dismiss the idea.

Can go back to Fury when him and his team start wanting to act like professionals and actually get the fight done properly.

I don't think Klitschko would touch Joshua with a barge pole. Klitschko will just sit tight and wait for the belts to become vacant (then leather someone like Fres Oquendo).

Anyone think Fury expects to be banned in November - and is hoping that by not fighting the retrospective punishment will mean he's free to fight again in 2017?
I'm hoping Fury is banned, goes on a barely intelligible rant accusing everyone of hating him because he's a gypsy (although I believe the correct term is Caravan Utilising Nomadic Traveler and never appears in the ring again

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury vs Klitschko II Empty Re: Fury vs Klitschko II

Post by Guest on Tue 13 Sep 2016, 6:42 pm

Rowley wrote:A lot would depend how long Wlad seems himself hanging around.mif he is planning on a few more years he may look at it from the perspective that better to face him now than two years down the line.

As for what goes on in Fury's mind, God only knows, that is way beyond my mental capacities.
Wlad was dropping his age into conversations this week and I think, like fighters who start mentioning retirement, it's in the back of his mind that age is definitely not on his side. Add to that the problems his other half is having at the moment and I think he'd prefer to wrap this up as soon as possible and get back to ensuring the mother of his daughter is getting to grips with her personal issues.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury vs Klitschko II Empty Re: Fury vs Klitschko II

Post by melv500 on Tue 13 Sep 2016, 10:11 pm

Top writing Dave, couldn't agree more.

melv500

Posts : 389
Join date : 2011-06-20

Back to top Go down

Fury vs Klitschko II Empty Re: Fury vs Klitschko II

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum