The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS WARWICKSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP FINAL

+4
guildfordbat
Corporalhumblebucket
Good Golly I'm Olly
jimbobgooner
8 posters

Go down

SURREY VS WARWICKSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP FINAL  Empty SURREY VS WARWICKSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP FINAL

Post by jimbobgooner Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:58 pm

For the last time this year Sad

SURREY HAVE NAMED A FIFTEEN MAN SQUAD FOR THE ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP FINAL AGAINST WARWICKSHIRE AT LORD’S ON SATURDAY.
Jason Roy returns to the squad having missed Surrey’s Semi Final against Yorkshire due to him playing for England in the recent One Day Series against Pakistan. Zafar Ansari is named in the squad after missing Surrey’s Quarter and Semi Final games due to a back injury.
There is no place in the squad for either Gary Wilson or Amar Virdi
The Surrey Squad to play Warwickshire in the Royal London One Day Cup Final at Lord’s on Saturday 17thSeptember:
Gareth Batty (capt)
Zafar Ansari
Rory Burns
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Steven Davies
Jade Dernbach
Ben Foakes
Mark Footitt
Stuart Meaker
Ollie Pope
Ravi Rampaul
Jason Roy
Kumar Sangakkara
Dominic Sibley
I think it will be cup final heartbreak for Footitt,Pope,Rampaul and Sibley
over to you chaps for the final time thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS WARWICKSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP FINAL  Empty Re: SURREY VS WARWICKSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP FINAL

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:02 pm

Roy
Davies
Sanga
Burns
Ansari
Foakes
S Curran
T Curran
Batty
Meaker
Dernbach

Is my XI for the final. I guess Sibley could play instead of Burns, but I'd seriously doubt that. Think that XI is pretty set in stone and would be shocked if we see anything different
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS WARWICKSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP FINAL  Empty Re: SURREY VS WARWICKSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP FINAL

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:45 pm

Yes, subject to players slipping on a bar of soap in the shower, I think that will be the 11.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:55 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:For the last time this year Sad

over to you chaps for the final time  thumbsup

JimBob - for yet another season, you've been a rock of this board. Many thanks. thumbsup

Very well done as well for getting ''cup final heartbreak'' into your thread! Wink

Agree with you and all about the team.

It'll be interesting to see what eleven Warks decide upon. They don't normally play Ronnie in one dayers - can't understand why.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:06 am

guildfordbat wrote:
jimbobgooner wrote:For the last time this year Sad

over to you chaps for the final time  thumbsup

JimBob - for yet another season, you've been a rock of this board. Many thanks. thumbsup

Very well done as well for getting ''cup final heartbreak'' into your thread! Wink

Agree with you and all about the team.

It'll be interesting to see what eleven Warks decide upon. They don't normally play Ronnie in one dayers - can't understand why.
cheers rich Hug

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:47 am

Team as expected.

Nice start from Surrey, 27-0 off 4.2. Davies in particular looking very good.

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:11 pm

The decision to bat is looking rather foolish

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:25 pm

Simply embarrassing mad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:33 pm

Surrey 136all out. Unbelievable - we lost all ten for 91. The pitch looks a shocker - biting off the seam for the fast men and turning foot for the spinners. But...

Kudos to Warks who, after the first +/- 8 overs, bowled and fielded superby. It will take something very very special from here but SoS Junior tells me he fancies a cheeky fiver on Surrey. Hmm ...

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:01 pm

Not looking good - Warks 60+ for 1 with Tritt and Bell don't dobbing singles at will. But here comes Norah...

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:51 pm

Nope - just a thoroughly bad day at the office. From about the sixth over, once the runs dried up for us, we were outbowled and then outbatted. But still a great effort to reach the final and secure CC1 status this season.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by kingdaveeagle Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:14 pm

Why on earth did we bat first? The side batting first at the Lords final nearly always struggle for runs and lose. Shocking the way we keep losing wickets in clusters - the same happened on Thursday. Is it poor concentration? Second final in a row where we've just collapsed. Sad

kingdaveeagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:05 pm

Highlight from today - well I didn't have long to wait for tube on the way home.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:17 pm

Just returned from a successful trip to the county ground

Sorry to see that some of you didn't enjoy the same success at Lord's today
A real shame
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:46 pm

Thanks, Olly.  I've become somewhat fatalistic about Surrey in one day finals.

Not the send off that Steve Davies would have wanted. He actually batted the most fluently of all the Surrey batsmen (admittedly there wasn't much competition). But the moment a slow bowler (Javid) comes on he gets stunped off a wide to the very first ball. picard

Scratching around for positives - an early flurry of boundaries hit by Roy and Davies; Dernbach hit the only six of the match; Sam Curran did his best to cheer up the Surrey supporters in the Compton stand. That's about it.

Warks bowled very well after the first few overs.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:18 pm

Unfortunately with cricket things can snowball pretty quickly and that's what seems to have happened to Surrey today

A real shame the season ended on a sour note in the CC/RLODC as we've had good campaigns in both
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:57 pm

At the end of that match I felt how trott feels most days

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetty Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:14 am

Overcast, green pitch, September - we'll have a bat censored

Jetty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down