The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

+14
Coxy001
milkyboy
hazharrison
kingraf
Hammersmith harrier
TRUSSMAN66
AdamT
Herman Jaeger
TopHat24/7
Pedro147
BoxingFan88
melv500
catchweight
Jermaine2015
18 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 7 Empty Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by Jermaine2015 Sun 18 Sep 2016, 9:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

So now Canelo has won the WBO junior middleweight champion, according to the WBO rules, Canelo can get an immediate title shot at WBO middleweight titleholder Billy Joe Saunders - provided Canelo openly declares he is moving up to 160.

Everyone knows Gennady Golovkin is desperate to clean up the alphabet titles and is very eager to face Saunders next.

So could Golden Boy scupper GGG's plans again?

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 7 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 24 Oct 2016, 7:40 pm

AdamT wrote:It's pretty poor. Andrade and Lara look quite good.

Talent is lacking overall in most divisions. Don't get me wrong, there are some wonderful talents like Lomachenko floating about.

Fair enough

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 7 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by AdamT Mon 24 Oct 2016, 8:02 pm

If GGG gets his lineal title he craves, then moves up to 168 and does the same?

Well I will sing his praises too.

I only blast GGG because other boxers aren't defended so well.

He can do no wrong. Oh well I guess he's the man Smile

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Mon 24 Oct 2016, 9:19 pm

AdamT wrote:If GGG gets his lineal title he craves, then moves up to 168 and does the same?

Well I will sing his praises too.

I only blast GGG because other boxers aren't defended so well.

He can do no wrong. Oh well I guess he's the man Smile

Now personally I would rather blast the fighters that don't take on the best at their weight. As you have said before there isn't the talent there which makes it all the more frustrating that the best don't fight the best. When fighters are only fighting 1-2 times per year they shouldn't get 'easy' fights.

If they were fighting 3-4 times per year I could understand having occasional easier fights as there would be a lack of other valid fighters out there for them.

Boxing has become a very sanitised sport where the higher earning boxers can pick fights that aren't a challenge and blame it on a lack of money / interest in competitive fights.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 24 Oct 2016, 9:43 pm

It would be catastrophic for boxing, if top fighters had to move divisions every time they were unable to secure major fights in their own division. Great champions would never be able to establish title reigns. Boxing badly need to move back towards properly measureable weight classes and way from this mismash of blurred nermerous crossover divisions.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 24 Oct 2016, 9:56 pm

I still enjoy watching boxing, but it's become a bit sh1t. Not the same sport as 10 or more years ago.

Still some cracking fights being made, but not enough.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 25 Oct 2016, 11:12 am

That is something we can agree on

More good fights need to be made

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7