The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parker vs Dimitrenko - an Interesting Match-Up and a Must-Win for Both

+6
EX7EY
BoxingFan88
TRUSSMAN66
ebop
hazharrison
Mr Bounce
10 posters

Go down

Parker vs Dimitrenko - an Interesting Match-Up and a Must-Win for Both Empty Parker vs Dimitrenko - an Interesting Match-Up and a Must-Win for Both

Post by Mr Bounce Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:42 pm

October the 1st sees the IBF #1 Contender Joseph Parker taking on Alexander Dimitrenko. This one really is a bit interesting as although a bit limited, Dimitrenko's relatively handy and looked to be heading for a title bout before dropping a points decision to Eddie Chambers and subsequently being KO'd by Kubrat Pulev. He's not top drawer by any means but it should give us an idea of where Parker is. Parker was not the be all and end all in his last fight against Carlos Takam so will be looking for a decent showing here.

My only concern is that Dimitrenko has not fought since January this year (rust?) and is no spring chicken at 34. In theory, Parker should take this, and relatively easily. However I have a sneaking suspicion that Dimitrenko might pull a hail mary out of the bag late in the fight whilst under pressure.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Parker vs Dimitrenko - an Interesting Match-Up and a Must-Win for Both Empty Re: Parker vs Dimitrenko - an Interesting Match-Up and a Must-Win for Both

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:30 am

Whoever wins is likely to be leveled by the first decent fighter they face. Luckily for both of them, the HW division is awash with sh!te so it will probably be a while before either of them is punched off the radar

Back to top Go down

Parker vs Dimitrenko - an Interesting Match-Up and a Must-Win for Both Empty Re: Parker vs Dimitrenko - an Interesting Match-Up and a Must-Win for Both

Post by hazharrison Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:00 am

DAVE667 wrote:Whoever wins is likely to be leveled by the first decent fighter they face. Luckily for both of them, the HW division is awash with sh!te so it will probably be a while before either of them is punched off the radar

This is my favourite post in quite some time! Straight to the point.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:17 am

hazharrison wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Whoever wins is likely to be leveled by the first decent fighter they face. Luckily for both of them, the HW division is awash with sh!te so it will probably be a while before either of them is punched off the radar

This is my favourite post in quite some time! Straight to the point.
You're welcome!

Back to top Go down

Post by ebop Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:33 pm

Parker will smoke him no doubt
ebop
ebop

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:38 pm

Parker's defence is atrocious and he is supposed to be the biggest non unification test out there...

Tony Tubbs would be in the Top 10 ATG heavy list if he had been born 20 years later...

Chump city..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ebop Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:45 pm

Easy win for Parker

Easy peasy
ebop
ebop

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:02 pm

ebop wrote:Easy win for Parker

Easy peasy

Ebop..mmmbop...mmmbop..bop...mmmbop

Whatever happened to Hanson...

Bet any of them would be 20 and 0 at heavy..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ebop Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:07 pm

Loser
ebop
ebop

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:09 pm

ebop wrote:Loser

thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ebop Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:10 pm

Nah seriously

Loser
ebop
ebop

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:16 pm

Are we still getting the heavy triple hitter in November ??

Price...Parker
Whyte....Chisora

and Josh....All gone a little quiet on the western front..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:29 pm

Rumours are Joshua is fighting Pulev

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:31 pm

We needs facts, damn it, PHACKTS!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:41 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:Rumours are Joshua is fighting Pulev

Hearn is talking Fury or Wilder next summer....

Talking about a rematch with Whyte too unfortunately...Whyte seems to have let winning one round out of 8 in a thrashing off a still novice champion go to his head......He's the bollox now.

Apparently Whyte v Josh 2 is an anticipated rematch..

I'll be washing my hair that night.. Emo

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:55 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:Rumours are Joshua is fighting Pulev

Hearn is talking Fury or Wilder next summer....

Talking about a rematch with Whyte too unfortunately...Whyte seems to have let winning one round out of 8 in a thrashing off a still novice champion go to his head......He's the bollox now.

Apparently Whyte v Josh 2 is an anticipated rematch..

I'll be washing my hair that night.. Emo
So will I, I'm assuming the fight will be over by the time I've finished.

Disappointing that the rematch is being touted but again, I'm wholly unsurprised. Would have expected Whyte to at least be laying waste to the chaff he's been put in with since his return but that's not been the case so I struggle to see how he can even use the excuse that his demolition jobs prove his shoulder injury prevented him from taking Joshua apart last time out.

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:36 am

In a recent an interview with IFLTV Hearn has stated he thinks Parker is most likely up next for Joshua because Pulev and Stiverne are not serious about fighting him. He says Parker is game. But he also stated he thinks Parker Josh could do Wembley ala Froch Groves 2 but he can't do that this year so I don't see why he would do it at all yet in that case. I've started thinking hearn talks a lot of rubbish in order to misdirect!

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:17 pm

On another note, this business with Whyte is a joke. The guy's nowhere near top class boxing. Hearn just sees easy pound notes in a rematch absolutely no question about it. Joke. I'd like to think he would have to actually beat somebody of note to in order to earna shot at AJ again but sadly i think not.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:18 pm

Not sure we need to see Joshua Whyte again the first one was about as comprehensive as you can get. Total destruction

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:19 pm

So if it's AJ/Wilder in Summer, Eddie must be convinced Haye is going to get beaten as the rumour mill is suggesting Haye/Wilder early next year

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:25 pm

I think in an ideal world it would be AJ vs Fury summer 2017. In my ideal world Aj fights, Parker now, then lets just get rid of Haye in March / April followed by Fury or Wilder around August time. Lets stop fighting prunes and make it happen.

Saying that, if Haye does somehow get the WBC belt off Wilder that AJ Haye fight would then be absolutely massive here. It would crush Froch Groves on tickets and PPV.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by ebop Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:45 pm

Easy peasy win
ebop
ebop

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:52 pm

Should have been DQ'd from what I saw, has him in a headlock when he hits him with his knees on the canvas.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by ebop Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:57 pm

Nah sniper got him. Just another fighter against Parker that tries to win fights on their knees. Hopefully the next fighter will have more heart for it.
ebop
ebop

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:28 pm

Parker wouldn't last five with Tubbs or Page..

Joshua kills him.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:47 pm

Sadly truss, you're right.

Fury isn't fighting again, he's lost the desire.

If AJ's team are being logical, they'll fight Parker, Pulev and then there winner Haye v Wlider.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by ebop Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:08 pm

Parker is quick eh?
ebop
ebop

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:32 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Should have been DQ'd from what I saw, has him in a headlock when he hits him with his knees on the canvas.

What it was just a tap?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:28 pm

That was not a tap, it was a full bloodied body shot when he was already down.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by ebop Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:39 pm

Do you reckon he hammed it up a bit?
ebop
ebop

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:44 pm

Parker shouldn't have hit Dimitrenko when the latter was down, but from what I saw, the Russian didn't seem to fancy staying in the fight for too much longer either.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:04 am

Ref was even waving his hands to indicate no KD then soft lad starts rolling around screaming "LOOK AT ME, I'M HURT. CAN YOU ALL SEE? MAYBE I SHOULD ROLL AROUND A BIT MORE JUST SO THERE'S NO CONFUSION ABOUT HOW TERRIBLY HURT I AM"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:37 am

Ref was even waving his hands to indicate no KD then soft lad starts rolling around screaming "LOOK AT ME,  I'M HURT. CAN YOU ALL SEE? MAYBE I SHOULD ROLL AROUND A BIT MORE JUST SO THERE'S NO CONFUSION ABOUT HOW TERRIBLY HURT I AM"

Back to top Go down

Post by ebop Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:15 am

Yeah. What a douche. Shame really as his histrionics robbed us of seeing him getting ktfo proper.
ebop
ebop

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:57 pm

Parker hitting him while he was down robbed us of that.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:51 pm

Dimitrenko was fairly woeful while Parker looked decent, but didn't really learn much. Parker hit Dimitrenko with a moderate body punch, but the punch landed when Dimentrenko was on one knee was a glancing blow. It didn't really look like anything much. Dimentrenko was down in the first round, down twice in the second round, and then writhing on the canvass in the third round. Overall Parker looked decent but we really didn't learn much, apart from the the fact Dimentrenko didn't seem to have much punch resistant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:15 pm

It seems pretty clear to me that Dimitrenko fought Parker for a payday and definitely took the easy way out. He looked as manoeuverable as an oil tanker and had all the chin of David Price. I think every heavyweight with a ranking would've dispatched him based on that showing. Disgraceful.

Parker may well be in line for Joshua, but I can see him going for the WBO bauble instead and making a few quid off that fighting Wlad who may be there for the taking.  Don't think that he beats either though. Appears to have little or no defence and whilst Wlad will jab and grab him to death, Joshua will land heavily and hurt him.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down