The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newport Gwent Dragons v Glasgow Warriors, 30 September

+16
RDW
jimbopip
Tattie Scones RRN
IanBru
BigGee
Senlac
chris_501
munkian
MacKnocked-on
Stone Motif
RiscaGame
mikey_dragon
Luckless Pedestrian
Hazel Sapling
funnyExiledScot
George Carlin
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Newport Gwent Dragons v Glasgow Warriors, 30 September  - Page 3 Empty Newport Gwent Dragons v Glasgow Warriors, 30 September

Post by George Carlin Tue 27 Sep 2016, 9:44 am

First topic message reminder :

Newport Gwent Dragons v Glasgow Warriors, 30 September  - Page 3 Dragon10                                   Newport Gwent Dragons v Glasgow Warriors, 30 September  - Page 3 Glasgo11
Newport Gwent Dragons v Glasgow Warriors
Friday 30 September 2016
KO 19:35
Parade of the Dave

Live on BBC Sport Wales

Referee: [*]
Assistant Referees: [*]
Citing Commissioner: [*]
TMO: [*]

A. Head to Head

26 Played 26
13 Wins 11
11 Losses 13
2 Draws 2
484 Points 564

B. Form

Newport Gwent Dragons 15-18 Glasgow Warriors
25th Feb 2016  

Glasgow Warriors 29 - 15 Newport Gwent Dragons
16th October 2015

Glasgow Warriors 19 - 15 Newport Gwent Dragons
30th November 2014

Newport Gwent Dragons 13 - 33 Glasgow Warriors
20th September 2014

C. Teams
Newport Gwent Dragons 
 Newport Gwent Dragons v Glasgow Warriors, 30 September  - Page 3 Daener10
[*]

Glasgow Warriors
 Newport Gwent Dragons v Glasgow Warriors, 30 September  - Page 3 Whitew10
[*]
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Newport Gwent Dragons v Glasgow Warriors, 30 September  - Page 3 Empty Re: Newport Gwent Dragons v Glasgow Warriors, 30 September

Post by Stone Motif Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:28 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:There's some decent personnel in the forwards - but they're underperforming and are poor at the basics, TRT especially. That for me is a coaching issue. They should be getting more from this group. More lock and hooker cover would definitely help though

Disagree there. If we fast forward five years and the Dragons went bust tomorrow, I'd say no more than a handful would get a pro contract elsewhere in the UK. I don't think any of them would be first choice anywhere else. They're not good enough and no amount of coaching will change that.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Newport Gwent Dragons v Glasgow Warriors, 30 September  - Page 3 Empty Re: Newport Gwent Dragons v Glasgow Warriors, 30 September

Post by BigGee Sat 01 Oct 2016, 10:23 am

Just got up and watched the game, without knowing the score either.

It certainly won't go down in the annals of classic Glasgow victories, but I would say we never looked like losing it either and always seemed to have another gear when we needed it. Third gear, on a few occasions was about as good as we got.

FR was trying to force it a bit to much, Dragons second try came from his mistake and HP had another pretty poor game. He has not played well all season in my opinion and Price has a pretty strong case to be starting at the moment.

I will put it down to the Dragons being tenacious and when they managed to hold onto the ball, occasionally dangerous and us being pretty battered from last weeks titanic encounter with Ulster.

The high light of the game of course had to be the try by our jinky side stepping LH, Alex Allan. He will dine out on that one for the rest of his life!

Dragons will win some games this season if they can tighten up a bit and keep playing with that kind of spirit. RP is rarely an easy place to go and take points and this season is unlikely to be any different.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 01 Oct 2016, 11:14 am

BigGee wrote:Just got up and watched the game, without knowing the score either.

It certainly won't go down in the annals of classic Glasgow victories, but I would say we never looked like losing it either and always seemed to have another gear when we needed it. Third gear, on a few occasions was about as good as we got.

FR was trying to force it a bit to much, Dragons second try came from his mistake and HP had another pretty poor game. He has not played well all season in my opinion and Price has a pretty strong case to be starting at the moment.

I will put it down to the Dragons being tenacious and when they managed to hold onto the ball, occasionally dangerous and us being pretty battered from last weeks titanic encounter with Ulster.

The high light of the game of course had to be the try by our jinky side stepping LH, Alex Allan. He will dine out on that one for the rest of his life!

Dragons will win some games this season if they can tighten up a bit and keep playing with that kind of spirit. RP is rarely an easy place to go and take points and this season is unlikely to be any different.

Young Pipetto and I were laughing ourselves silly, not just at the audacity of Jinxy Allan but at the replay which shows one of the Drag Queens' props begin to chase him but then think "Ah, he's get at least a yard start on me and there's only twenty five yards to the try line; I'll never catch him so I'll just stop now. Save the sprinting energy for later in the game."

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Sat 01 Oct 2016, 2:59 pm

BigGee wrote:

I think Glasgow didn't give Dragons enough respect. Instead of going through the forwards and making good yards, they went too quickly to the backs who were pressurised by the organised Dragons defence. I think Glasgow were just focused on the BP and not on the next phase.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 01 Oct 2016, 3:48 pm

Dragons gave away far too many penalties.

Both sides played some good rugby. Harsh on the Dragons not to get anything from this mstch

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon 03 Oct 2016, 9:24 am

Ref was rather whistle happy, that and unforced errors ruined any flow to the game.

There was some nice Glasgae fans on the North Terrace - long way to travel for such a poor game.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3