The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confuse your body!!

3 posters

Go down

Confuse your body!! Empty Confuse your body!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 05 Jun 2011, 9:13 pm

Sometimes when It's a leg day I sometimes feel my legs trembling at the thought of 800 pound leg presses or 300 pound Squats....So when I get there sometimes I do something completely different like chest just to confuse the body..

Mix it up.....

If you always rest a minute or two between sets try a drop set instead...Body won't be used to them and you'll feel real sore in the morning...a real satisfying soreness...

Throw in exercises like pullovers, t-bar rows things you don't always do......

Don't get stale.....It's not easy to change a routine that has served you well but sometimes your body can get used to the strain.....confuse it, work it differently...keep the main compounds in but mix up secondary exercises, time between sets etc....

Confuse your body............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Confuse your body!! Empty Re: Confuse your body!!

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 06 Jun 2011, 9:23 am

I particularly like the idea of drop sets in place of what may usually be 1min rest...really gets a burn going, and helps with muscle definition, too. That last set on a very low weight should feel like the heaviest weight if you've done it properly. A satisfying burn.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by lightsout Thu 09 Jun 2011, 9:18 pm

Seems like when TRUSSMAN66 feels his legs trembling his answer is to basically avoid doing legs full stop and go back to doing a few bench presses and that would be the reason why your legs tremble at the thought of doing 300lb Squats??? because you don't train them enough.

lightsout

Back to top Go down

Post by lightsout Thu 09 Jun 2011, 9:19 pm

Seems like when TRUSSMAN66 feels his legs trembling his answer is to basically avoid doing legs full stop and go back to doing a few bench presses and that would be the reason why your legs tremble at the thought of doing 300lb Squats??? because you don't train them enough.

lightsout

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 09 Jun 2011, 9:37 pm

You know me so well...

Mate I've trained legs for nearly twenty years..going through the pain barrier..

Fact is sometimes the body is expecting something and when you do something else it sparks overload...hence growth..

300 pounds for twenty reps Mate try it!!...I don't do low reps because of my back...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by lightsout Thu 09 Jun 2011, 10:04 pm

300lbs for 20 reps sounds pretty respectable, I'm going for a PB of 550lbs by the end of the year and train legs once a week on the same day and do exactly the same build up to a max 1 rep set every week in that I do the same reps/sets and take the exact same rest between sets... making sure that I add another 2.5 kg everytime and I only do Squats all be it 8 sets of them. I think for compounds at higher weights keeping a good and regular routine pays dividends as your body is being shocked enough as it is trying to improve week after week. Maybe look to get your back sorted out ....I put my lower back into spasm 10 years ago or so doing some 'good mornings' and had to take 6 months out after hospital treatment but slowly got back into the swing of things again and have a few back stretches that I do every week that stop my back getting sore etc.....just go down to the doctor and get them to refer you to a physio....

lightsout

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 12 Jun 2011, 11:23 am

After years of training I have to wear heavy strapping round my knees as I have damage there..

Don't want to risk going too heavy and spending quality hospital time....

For a young strapper like you though..go for it.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down