The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury to Retire

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Fury to Retire

Post by Scott is Back on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 1:11 pm

According to SSN - Tyson Fury is to retire from Boxing!

Scott is Back

Posts : 635
Join date : 2011-05-05

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by Jermaine2015 on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 1:23 pm

Shame Fury has fallen from such heights. The legitimate heavyweight champion of the world not a clown walking around with a mere belt. Hopefully he can solve his demons and one day return and reclaim what's his.

Jermaine2015

Posts : 1274
Join date : 2015-01-30
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by Guest on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 1:27 pm

BBC are reporting Tyson Fury in a tweet filled with expletives says he has retired.  This will at least enable the WBA & WBO to strip the belts off him immediately and arrange for title fights.

I thought Tyson Fury was getting immediate attention to address his condition?

I notice this is about the deadline for the WBO and presumably WBA to receive the medical documentations.  We know Tyson Fury and his camp don't do anything without reason.  The last two postponements coincided with a) being charged with failing a drugs test (nandrolone) and b) being notified that he had failed a drugs test (cocaine + ...?).

24th September notified has failed a drugs test (cocaine)
24th September postpones fight for second time.
Nine full days later: 3rd October - which was the penultimate day of the deadline for the WBO for receiving the medical documentation - we have an expletive filled tweet from Tyson saying he has retired.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by hazharrison on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 1:30 pm

Retired before he was banned?

Title lineage up in smoke. Klitschko vs Povetkin (via TBRB) or Klitschko vs Wilder (via Ring) to decide top man.

Instead, we'll end up with Joshua vs Haye and Hearn claiming the winner is the "true champ."

Fury will be back in a year or two.

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 1:59 pm

Tyson doesn't seem to have the social emotions that stop regular people (Don't like the word "normal" no one is normal) from making themselves look like a p**ck.....

The emotions of shame and embarrassment seem to be missing from his biological make up and when you add compulsive behaviour to the mix...It's dynamite for someone with no self awareness...

They are scary people..

Best of luck to him and his family....With his therapy..

They are probably going to need it.


TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39262
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by Herman Jaeger on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 2:09 pm

Forget all the analysis maybe it was just the coke talking..

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3241
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by Guest on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 2:38 pm

The family were wealthy even before Tyson Fury made it big:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/tyson-fury-mentor-uncle-drug-7149892

Tyson Fury talks like someone for whom the law and rules don't apply. That said I do believe he will be back in some capacity after a year or two - but physically he might be a blob.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by TopHat24/7 on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 3:11 pm

Piece of cr@p bum. Division better off without him.

Right now he's no better than Rahman, except we'll never how much of a fluke that 1 single good win (arguably great) was. He never respected boxing so that should be thrown back at him now.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 36
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by smashingstormcrow on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 3:12 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
The emotions of shame and embarrassment seem to be missing from his biological make up and when you add compulsive behaviour to the mix...It's dynamite for someone with no self awareness...

Who knows, maybe he's somewhere on the "spectrum"... the complete lack of empathy and self awareness...

smashingstormcrow

Posts : 279
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 3:18 pm

Nore Staat wrote:BBC are reporting Tyson Fury in a tweet filled with expletives says he has retired.  This will at least enable the WBA & WBO to strip the belts off him immediately and arrange for title fights.

I thought Tyson Fury was getting immediate attention to address his condition?

I notice this is about the deadline for the WBO and presumably WBA to receive the medical documentations.  We know Tyson Fury and his camp don't do anything without reason.  The last two postponements coincided with a) being charged with failing a drugs test (nandrolone) and b) being notified that he had failed a drugs test (cocaine + ...?).

24th September notified has failed a drugs test (cocaine)
24th September postpones fight for second time.
Nine full days later: 3rd October - which was the penultimate day of the deadline for the WBO for receiving the medical documentation - we have an expletive filled tweet from Tyson saying he has retired.

You're very harsh......

"We know that Tyson Fury and his camp don't do anything without reason"..........Pure supposition..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39262
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by catchweight on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:06 pm

I wouldnt take a Tyson Fury tweet seriously.

catchweight

Posts : 4305
Join date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by marty2086 on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:07 pm

And hes back

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:10 pm

Not sure why anyone would think Heavyweight is better off without Fury...

Who wouldn't pay for Haye - Fury....Joshua - Fury..

Very little else I'd pay for apart from Josh v Haye and that won't happen....Haye hasn't got the nuts.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39262
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by Guest on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:19 pm

He's a mysoginistic, homophobic, drug abusing, mentally erratic physical wreck who lacks the sufficient star power or cash generating abilities to make even the most of unscrupulous promoters overlook his deficiencies. Of course the sport would be better without him. He crossed the line from personality/character into embarasing parody quite some time ago.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by horizontalhero on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:22 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not sure why anyone would think Heavyweight is better off without Fury...

.

Err..because of how the last 12 months have panned out! Zero defences, two failed drugged tests, thousands of people offended. And as I pointed out before, he's dreadful to watch when he does box. Boxing needs a HW champ that fights and excites.

horizontalhero

Posts : 938
Join date : 2011-05-27

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by horizontalhero on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:26 pm

Just heard he's changed his mind. Gutted

horizontalhero

Posts : 938
Join date : 2011-05-27

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by Fernando on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:29 pm

@Tyson_Fury
Hahahaha u think you will get rid of the GYPSYKING that easy!!! I'm here to stay. #TheGreatest just shows u what the Medea are like. Tut tut

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Posts : 36441
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 29
Location : buckinghamshire

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by Guest on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:38 pm

Wouldn't worry about it as I'd hope he's about to be banned and stripped of his titles so who cares what the dippy c*nt thinks?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by Derbymanc on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:40 pm

http://www.topclassboxing.co.uk/Articles/has_the_media_achieved_their_fury_aim.html?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

fantastic article on it (not mine)

Derbymanc

Posts : 3861
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:43 pm

horizontalhero wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not sure why anyone would think Heavyweight is better off without Fury...

.

Err..because of how the last 12 months have panned out! Zero defences, two failed drugged tests, thousands of people offended. And as I pointed out before, he's dreadful to watch when he does box. Boxing needs a HW champ that fights and excites.

You backed up my point.....The heavy division has been without Fury for the last 12 months and look at it..

If he's active.... There are intriguing matchups out there..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39262
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by marty2086 on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:45 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
horizontalhero wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not sure why anyone would think Heavyweight is better off without Fury...

.

Err..because of how the last 12 months have panned out! Zero defences, two failed drugged tests, thousands of people offended. And as I pointed out before, he's dreadful to watch when he does box. Boxing needs a HW champ that fights and excites.

You backed up my point.....The heavy division has been without Fury for the last 12 months and look at it..

If he's active.... There are intriguing matchups out there..

Because it was so exciting with him in it? Rolling Eyes


marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by AdamT on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:46 pm

People claim Khan haters are racist.

I wonder can the same question be asked about Fury??

If he was a Chelsea loving cockney, would he get the same abuse??

Just a question.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:47 pm

Load of crap I'm sorry Derby, I stopped reading when it tried to excuse him for his shameful comments.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by Guest on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:50 pm

Instead of headlines with positive notes Fury has seen his reputation destroyed by the media who have seemed on a crusade to destroy a man who refuses to live his life by their social conventions.
Their social conventions? You mean basic standards of human decency?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by marty2086 on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:51 pm

Derbymanc wrote:http://www.topclassboxing.co.uk/Articles/has_the_media_achieved_their_fury_aim.html?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

fantastic article on it (not mine)

'Tyson Fury is a complex and controversial character who divides opinion with his outspoken nature and determination to stay true to himself. This is a commitment that has often seen him blasted by the media with little talk of his achievements.'

Since his win Ive seen numerous articles about his win being one of the biggest in British boxing, ranking him as the best P4P British boxer or close to it etc so the idea that theres little talk of his achievements is wrong.

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by Guest on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:52 pm

AdamT wrote:People claim Khan haters are racist.

I wonder can the same question be asked about Fury??

If he was a Chelsea loving cockney, would he get the same abuse??

Just a question.
He would from me, he's a f*cking cretin irrespective of his cultural heritage. The article even tries to compare his plight to that of Ali...purleeaase.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by Guest on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:53 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:http://www.topclassboxing.co.uk/Articles/has_the_media_achieved_their_fury_aim.html?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

fantastic article on it (not mine)

'Tyson Fury is a complex and controversial character who divides opinion with his outspoken nature and determination to stay true to himself. This is a commitment that has often seen him blasted by the media with little talk of his achievements.'

Since his win Ive seen numerous articles about his win being one of the biggest in British boxing, ranking him as the best P4P British boxer or close to it etc so the idea that theres little talk of his achievements is wrong.
Yup, you can take issue with virtually every paragraph of this fluff piece

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by horizontalhero on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:54 pm

AdamT wrote:People claim Khan haters are racist.

I wonder can the same question be asked about Fury??

If he was a Chelsea loving cockney, would he get the same abuse??

Just a question.

He would from me! He's just such an idiot- just look at the last tweet- he criticizes the media for reporting the contents of his tweet- i.e. for doing their job, and see this as some sort of victory? oh very clever Gypsy King- how witty of you.

horizontalhero

Posts : 938
Join date : 2011-05-27

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by marty2086 on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:54 pm

DAVE I stopped at the first one as it seems to be a defence of him because the writer holds similar viewpoints

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:55 pm

Pointing out he's a racist, homophobic misogynist is more important than trying to stroke his ego.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by Guest on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:56 pm

With Tyson Fury's latest tweet saying effectively he was just making fools out of the media - it does seem he is just having a laugh and dragging international boxing through the gutter.

That said it was probably his uncle putting the pressure on him to rescind the quit statement.

These past 12 months it has all been about Tyson Fury, he just goes on and on making it up as he goes along, from partying, to taking cocaine allegedly, then giving away Jager bombs, then ranting against the gays and women and Jews, failing drugs test, saying how he hates boxing, on and on it just never seems to stop ...


Last edited by Nore Staat on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by Guest on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:57 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Pointing out he's a racist, homophobic misogynist is more important than trying to stroke his ego.
That's why I do it, Hammers, that's why I do it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 5:36 pm

marty2086 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
horizontalhero wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not sure why anyone would think Heavyweight is better off without Fury...

.

Err..because of how the last 12 months have panned out! Zero defences, two failed drugged tests, thousands of people offended. And as I pointed out before, he's dreadful to watch when he does box. Boxing needs a HW champ that fights and excites.

You backed up my point.....The heavy division has been without Fury for the last 12 months and look at it..

If he's active.... There are intriguing matchups out there..

Because it was so exciting with him in it? Rolling Eyes


Are you asking me ??...Or being a silly billy..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39262
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by AdamT on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 5:36 pm

Fair enough guys, wasn't accusing you. Only curious.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 6:07 pm

AdamT wrote:People claim Khan haters are racist.

I wonder can the same question be asked about Fury??

If he was a Chelsea loving cockney, would he get the same abuse??

Just a question.

People had the expectation Fury would liven up the Heavy scene which has been comatose since Lewis...

He's disappointed and when people are disappointed they say and write nasty things they don't mean...

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39262
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by Guest on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 6:24 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
AdamT wrote:People claim Khan haters are racist.

I wonder can the same question be asked about Fury??

If he was a Chelsea loving cockney, would he get the same abuse??

Just a question.

People had the expectation Fury would liven up the Heavy scene which has been comatose since Lewis...

He's disappointed and when people are disappointed they say and write nasty things they don't mean...
They also write nasty things they DO mean!!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by Rowley on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 7:21 pm

So much anger from some people. A sense of proportion may be in order. Fury has not killed anybody, he is not top of Operation Yewtree's list of subjects. He is a fighter who is not currently in a position to fight who has tweeted a few ill advised things. Take a deep breath, have a nice cup of coffee and calm down.

Personally I quite like Fury. In an age of sanitised dullards across most sports it is kind of refreshing to have someone who is completely without filter. Also first and foremost I am a boxing fan and when and where it really mattered Fury did the business in deposing a long reigning and dominant champion in his own back yard. That gives him a huge amount of kudos from me and some degree of leeway. Agree it is hugely disappointing the heavyweight title has sat idle for a year but these things happen occasionally. If the consensus of fans is to strip him so be it, it matters little, if Fury returns any time soon anyone who wants to call themselves the heavyweight champion will have to beat him to do so.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 47
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by marty2086 on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 8:04 pm

Rowley wrote:So much anger from some people. A sense of proportion may be in order. Fury has not killed anybody, he is not top of Operation Yewtree's list of subjects. He is a fighter who is not currently in a position to fight who has tweeted a few ill advised things.  Take a deep breath, have a nice cup of coffee and calm down.

Personally I quite like Fury. In an age of sanitised dullards across most sports it is kind of refreshing to have someone who is completely without filter. Also first and foremost I am a boxing fan and when and where it really mattered Fury did the business in deposing a long reigning and dominant champion in his own back yard. That gives him a huge amount of kudos from me and some degree of leeway. Agree it is hugely disappointing the heavyweight title has sat idle for a year but these things happen occasionally. If the consensus of fans is to strip him so be it, it matters little, if Fury returns any time soon anyone who wants to call themselves the heavyweight champion will have to beat him to do so.  

Hold on? Completely without filter? Homophobe? Misogynist? Racist? Thats not having a filter thats completely unacceptable and is not at all refreshing so maybe you need to check your comments!

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by Rowley on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 8:09 pm

No need to check my comment, I wrote it, I know what it says. World of difference between agreeing with what someone says and finding his willingness to say it irrespective of the reaction an antidote to the usual anodyne tedious PR massaged drivel most sportsmen spout nowadays.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 47
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by catchweight on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 8:35 pm

I think a lot of people are bitter because Fury has made them look foolish as a supposed untalented oaf, by becoming British, European and World champion. He adds colour to the scene, he has shaken things up when they were in need of it. Probably he is mentally unbalanced, but the 80s and 90s were full of heavyweights who courted controversy. They already stripped him of one title before he even had a chance to put it on so I would guess the others wont hang about much longer before they follow.

catchweight

Posts : 4305
Join date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by milkyboy on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 8:57 pm

I used to like fury... Never thought he took himself or his comments too seriously, I'm been happy to cut him some slack for his views for his upbringing and I'm willing to be an 'apologist' for him if he does  have some mental illness.

But... For all I like people who are different and non-conformist so I empathise with rowley's view to an extent... he's just over-stepped the mark this year. The homophobic sexist rants, are just typical of cretins who like to be pretty selective of which bits of the bible to quote and/or take out of context... And it Just isn't acceptable... Whatever the 'shock' motive behind it.

If he does have mental illness, but is aware enough to recognise it - as seems likely - then he needs to check in to a psychiatric hospital, close down his Twitter account and shut the f*ck up. He might get a bit more sympathy. Well probably not much in all honesty, but he'd get a little more from me.

milkyboy

Posts : 7754
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by Rowley on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 9:19 pm

To be honest milky not sure his twitter posting this year has been any worse than it was previously. Think the main difference is they are under a lot more scrutiny now. There are a damned sight more headlines in "World heavyweight champion in foul mouth twitter tirade" than there are in "Fourth ranked heavyweight in Britain in foul mouth twitter tirade" That is not to blame the media, but Fury has just been Fury, he has always been capable of some seriously ill advised thoughts or posts, just more people paying attention now.

I feel for him to an extent. He has done something only two Brits in the history of the sport have ever done. I can half understand that he probably expected to come home to universal acclaim and a Sports Personality Award, what he comes home to is having to defend a tweet from three years previous and tabloid journalists chasing him down the street to defend himself. Think his mentality now is screw it, you want to bill me as the bad guy I'll play the role for you. The Tony Montana tweet was pure theatre, click bait for those wanting to be offended by him.


Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 47
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by 3fingers on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 9:31 pm

I know a lot of lefties who are angry and disgusted by the comments Fury has made. It's strange how these liberal lefties turn all militant and intolerant when others' views are in opposition to theirs.

What has Fury said that is SO bad? Is it bad because society tells you its bad? Or has modern society convinced you it's bad, so that it it is now your true position? Or were you born in the modern era, so have no memory of what was acceptable/unacceptable in previous times?

3fingers

Posts : 1482
Join date : 2013-10-15

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by Mr Bounce on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 10:05 pm

I have to say that I am actually quite bored with the whole Tyson Fury thing. I find increasingly unlikely that he'll hold on to his titles - he is a complicated individual and seems to thrive on attention, be it positive or negative. I think that a lot of what he says has been calculated in order to gain a reaction. He has, however been quite erratic recently, and I expect that if he is genuinely mentally unwell, he should take a break and go and seek help.

However, he seems to be hanging on to the limelight as long as he possibly can with no obvious fight arranged. It's almost as if he's checking his popularity before deciding what to do next. If you're ill, Tyson, get help. If you're not, have a fight with someone in the ring. Stop d!cking about and do one or the other.

Mr Bounce

Posts : 2530
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : East of Florida, West of Felixstowe

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by Guest on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 10:44 pm

Why would anyone want to forgive racism or homophobia - and they are totally separate from depression.   Similarly maturity or immaturity is totally separate from depression.  The people I have known with depression have been very humble and passive and considerate of others and very withdrawn rather than aggressive and egotistical and constantly communicating (tweeting).  Tyson Fury may well suffer from depression but aggression, egotism, homophobia, racism is not due to depression.  Cure the depression and you still have an aggressive, egotist, racist, homophobe.  People follow him because of his boxing, not because of anything else other than perhaps he is British.

From the BBC: "Tyson Fury revels in toying with the media. Within the space of four hours, we have seen another one of his performances.  There is confusion and controversy all around Fury as there has been ever since he came to the top of the throne by winning the world title last November. It was one of the great upsets recorded by a British boxer in the history of the heavyweight division, yet it has been clouded by what he has said and done in the aftermath.

... Fury has not built up a reservoir of goodwill with either the media or the many fans who have booked tickets, trains and hotels for the rematch and the original rematch in July, who have now twice lost their money. Will the fans trust him in the future? Will promoters trust him any more and book a hold of a stadium or arena wondering if he will ever turn up?"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/37542160

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 04 Oct 2016, 1:12 pm

One of the biggest side effects of depression is aggression..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39262
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by marty2086 on Tue 04 Oct 2016, 1:56 pm

Rowley wrote:No need to check my comment, I wrote it, I know what it says. World of difference between agreeing with what someone says and finding his willingness to say it irrespective of the reaction an antidote to the usual anodyne tedious PR massaged drivel most sportsmen spout nowadays.

You are saying his comments are acceptable because they aren't PR friendly and he won a title which makes you a bigger idiot than him


marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by Herman Jaeger on Tue 04 Oct 2016, 1:59 pm

One of the biggest side effects of cocaine is depression:

http://www.drugfreeworld.org/drugfacts/cocaine/effects-of-cocaine.html

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3241
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 04 Oct 2016, 2:04 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Rowley wrote:No need to check my comment, I wrote it, I know what it says. World of difference between agreeing with what someone says and finding his willingness to say it irrespective of the reaction an antidote to the usual anodyne tedious PR massaged drivel most sportsmen spout nowadays.

You are saying his comments are acceptable because they aren't PR friendly and he won a title which makes you a bigger idiot than him


I believe he is commenting that it is nice to see someone that isn't an over trained PR robot...Like Anthony Joshua for example.

He isn't saying his comments are acceptable...


Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 04 Oct 2016, 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39262
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by milkyboy on Tue 04 Oct 2016, 2:32 pm

Rowley wrote:To be honest milky not sure his twitter posting this year has been any worse than it was previously. Think the main difference is they are under a lot more scrutiny now. There are a damned sight more headlines in "World heavyweight champion in foul mouth twitter tirade" than there are in "Fourth ranked heavyweight in Britain in foul mouth twitter tirade" That is not to blame the media, but Fury has just been Fury, he has always been capable of some seriously ill advised thoughts or posts, just more people paying attention now.

I feel for him to an extent. He has done something only two Brits in the history of the sport have ever done. I can half understand that he probably expected to come home to universal acclaim and a Sports Personality Award, what he comes home to is having to defend a tweet from three years previous and tabloid journalists chasing him down the street to defend himself. Think his mentality now is screw it, you want to bill me as the bad guy I'll play the role for you. The Tony Montana tweet was pure theatre, click bait for those wanting to be offended by him.


Can't comment on twitter... I don't use it, so all I see are when twitter comments come into the wider domain. Can't disagree with the rest of your post.

Not sure you can 'role play' and then claim the reaction to it is making you depressed though.

milkyboy

Posts : 7754
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum