The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye vs bellew - We have become the WWE

+15
hazharrison
Hammersmith harrier
Pedro147
AdamT
melv500
Derbymanc
terryaki01
bellchees
milkyboy
BoxingFan88
Born Slippy
TRUSSMAN66
Herman Jaeger
catchweight
Rowley
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Haye vs bellew - We have become the WWE - Page 2 Empty Haye vs bellew - We have become the WWE

Post by Rowley Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

For the people asking me about fight I think David Haye is gonna win by knockout in the 2nd or 3rd round! Get behind the Haymaker Britain!!

The above is a direct quote from the Twitter account of Tony Bellew. It was made five years ago but suggests at that time there was very little in the way of antipathy between himself and David Haye. Subsequent to that time Haye has spent the bulk of his time retired through injury so unless I am very much mistaken there has been little happen to have changed his opinion of the man so radically. Now unless you're really stupid what this basically means is the "grudge" between Bellew and Haye is completely fictional, a fugazi, that which does not exist, illusory.

It seems to me Hearn has realised three type of fights that sell. The first are those containing AJ, but he can't fight five times a year so can't carry the full PPV weight on his own. The second type is good fights but those are difficult to make, as both parties want paying well, want to argue over home advantage, stuff like rematch clauses and myriad other things. The third type of fight is a grudge fight, it would appear there are enough idiots out there that will put aside all considerations of whether the fight has the potential to be competitive or excited, it's bound to be good, they really hate each other. We genuinely seem to have reached a stage where a willingness to slag each other off in the press conference is more important than what will happen in the ring.

Last night was just embarrassing. Bellew berating a guy for no apparent reason with the other guy doing a bad job of concealing his joy at the thought he can find his way back onto PPV without having to share a ring with AJ for the privilege. He must genuinely think it is Christmas, his next big payday will either be against a decent heavy hitting heavyweight or a slightly better than average cruiser. Not sure of the dictionary definition of a no-brainer but that must be pretty close.

What is really frustrating is the contempt this rubbish shows for fans. Serve them up any old nonsense as a grudge, they'll be thick enough to lap it up. It reached such a nadir last night that had Shannon Briggs appeared from under the ring and clocked them both with a chair whilst shouting Let's Go Champ it would barely have registered as a surprise. Haye should fight a competent heavyweight, Bellew should try to unify cruiser and anybody who even floats the idea of matching these two should be banished from the sport forever more.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Haye vs bellew - We have become the WWE - Page 2 Empty Re: Haye vs bellew - We have become the WWE

Post by Rowley Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:40 pm

hazharrison wrote:So Haye's big 6pm announcement was that he wants to take on cancer?

Before or after Hollywood?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Haye vs bellew - We have become the WWE - Page 2 Empty Re: Haye vs bellew - We have become the WWE

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:17 am

Rowley wrote:
hazharrison wrote:So Haye's big 6pm announcement was that he wants to take on cancer?

Before or after Hollywood?
Wouldn't mind him punching Paul Hollywood. just wouldn't want Mary Berry to be one of the ring card girls

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:52 am

In the gym yesterday and they had Sky Sports News on. It seems they have already started building the fight and were telling us how this is the right fight for Bellew, he has improved considerably since going up in weight. Haye hasn't impressed since coming back. This is Bellew's fight and he has the speed and power to beat Haye.

Seriously starting to think you will get more honesty in the US presidential elections than on sky when building a fight...

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:27 am

Ill pay for it just to see Bellew get taken to pieces. Will be a joy to watch.

He is a waste of space - fought one world level fighter in Stevenson and got smashed.

Flores? Makabu? Cleverley?

Not exactly top notch material. Enzo Mac would smash him....as would Nelson

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:43 am

Can barely bring myself to accept that this is being touted as a viable fight for Haye. He's bound to win (if not he simply has to retire). Appreciate he needs to keep busy if he's waiting for Wilder's injury to heal and he's a shoe-in for the next title shot, but outside of that, this fight does little or nothing for Haye's already badly damaged reputation/credibility and even the prospect of watching Bellew get flattened does little to get rid of the sour taste this whole charade leaves in the mouth

Back to top Go down

Post by Mochyn du Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:44 pm

You sound like a cheated lover of David Haye who's finally said "enough I enough!".

Mochyn du

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:20 pm

Hold onto that engagement ring!

Whispers that Haye will fight for the Scott Quigg WBA belt - with Wlad fighting Browne for the proper WBA belt.

Let's hope it's Fres Oquendo!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:27 pm

Mochyn du wrote:You sound like a cheated lover of David Haye who's finally said "enough I enough!".
Steady on, I would go that far...but you're spot on with the first part!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2