Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts on Wed 28 Sep 2016, 10:25 am

First topic message reminder :

Actually Davie, they didn't fit yours (apologies; 'idiocy' is a bit strong). Your earlier comments were all about how he'd actually done something terrible/illegal i.e. told them how to get around 3rd party ownership (he didn't) with the possible implication that he'd been knowingly involved in it (no evidence of this), took £400k for dodgy seminars (he didn't and he said he'd have to clear it with the FA) etc. You wanted him to be a crook from the off.
You also claimed Ben and I said he was 'innocent' - we said no such thing.

You never took S_R's approach re. his position being untenable because he was England manager, the one thing he probably falls foul of. His comments re. Hodgson/Nevile were unfortunate, but this was a private conversation and, actually, big deal. Seriously, the next poor schmuck who takes this on should treat the media as they deserve.

There may well be more to this - we'll see. Until then, the only thing he's 'guilty' of is putting himself in a stupid position cf. the FA's comments re. FIFA etc and forcing the FA to ask him to fall on his sword. S_R's right with this; the FA had little choice really.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9160
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down


Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 10:12 pm

Mysti

Good to hear from you again. Hug

Hope to see you posting regularly again, especially when we consider Tiger is about to return to action.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 15140
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by mystiroakey on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 11:34 pm

Mac cheers lad. Hug

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 42
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 4:41 pm

I see the infants at Liverpool have banned The Sun. When will they grow up?

super_realist

Posts : 25123
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 6:08 pm

super_realist wrote:I see the infants at Liverpool have banned The Sun. When will they grow up?

I wasn't aware that there wasn't a complete ban already in place....given that there wasn't I'm slightly mystified as to why now.

JAS

Posts : 3777
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 57
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 6:13 pm

Also whilst on the subject of taking the huff. Has anybody else noticed how debate on social media and other places has become so black and white, angst ridden, entrenched, uncompromising, witch-hunty and polarised in the last couple of years?? Or is it just me??


Last edited by JAS on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Auto correct is a cunt!!)

JAS

Posts : 3777
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 57
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 6:16 pm

Ha ha just discovered a flaw in the swear word modifier, check the reason for editing previous post :-)

JAS

Posts : 3777
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 57
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by kwinigolfer on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 6:25 pm

Probably following what we've got here, JAS.

kwinigolfer

Posts : 26428
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Vermont

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 7:05 pm

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:I see the infants at Liverpool have banned The Sun. When will they grow up?

I wasn't aware that there wasn't a complete ban already in place....given that there wasn't I'm slightly mystified as to why now.

It's pathetic isn't it. It's like boycotting German cars because of WW2.

super_realist

Posts : 25123
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 7:26 pm

Only difference being German cars are decent cars, Sun journalists are NOT decent journalists, they are the Skoda/Trabant of the journalistic world ;-p


Last edited by JAS on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cunty fuckin autocorrect at it again)

JAS

Posts : 3777
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 57
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 7:45 pm

It's not really the point, they might well be terrible journalists, but to hold the current journalists and editors from 2017 responsible for the stories of 1989 is petulant and immature. Liverpool need to stop living in the past both in terms of football and their history.


super_realist

Posts : 25123
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 7:57 pm

super_realist wrote:It's not really the point, they might well be terrible journalists, but to hold the current journalists and editors from 2017 responsible for the stories of 1989 is petulant and immature. Liverpool need to stop living in the past both in terms of football and their history.


I don't think they're holding current journalists culpable (although that is the net effect I suppose). The editorial line? Well of course its not 1989 but is the editorial line any different?? Let's be a paper that appeals to working people but remember our paymasters are the political and corporate elite so our prime objective is to divide and conquer the working classes, set them against each other so that our glorious leaders can do what the Frak they want. On that score pretty much eff all has changed since 1989!!

JAS

Posts : 3777
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 57
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 8:15 pm

Effectively they are. They remind me of the sort of person who despite an apology, can't accept it out of sheer beligerance.

What else do they boycott because of ancient history? Argentine Beef? French onions? Spanish Chorizo, German Cars? Danish Bacon?

Liverpool aren't boycotting it because they are opposed to the paper allegedly being in the pay of the politicians or anything to do with the editorial line, that's conspiratorial claptrap, it's entirely to do with this tired and ancient story about an event in 1989.

You'd think they were the only people to ever be wronged by someone. Move on Liverpool. If Jews can buy German cars, surely Liverpool can be adult and let every media outlet into their irrelevant football club.

super_realist

Posts : 25123
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by SmithersJones on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 8:17 pm

How long ago was it that the Scum completely ignored the outcome of the Hillsborough enquiry?


Last edited by SmithersJones on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just wanted to fucking swear about the shitty sun)
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Posts : 2094
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 8:26 pm

.


Last edited by pedro on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

pedro

Posts : 6878
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 8:27 pm

super_realist wrote:Effectively they are. They remind me of the sort of person who despite an apology, can't accept it out of sheer beligerance.

What else do they boycott because of ancient history? Argentine Beef? French onions? Spanish Chorizo, German Cars? Danish Bacon?

Liverpool aren't boycotting it because they are opposed to the paper allegedly being in the pay of the politicians or anything to do with the editorial line, that's conspiratorial claptrap, it's entirely to do with this tired and ancient story about an event in 1989.

You'd think they were the only people to ever be wronged by someone. Move on Liverpool. If Jews can buy German cars, surely Liverpool can be adult and let every media outlet into their irrelevant football club.
So essentially it's a kop out..

pedro

Posts : 6878
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 8:36 pm

pedro wrote:
super_realist wrote:Effectively they are. They remind me of the sort of person who despite an apology, can't accept it out of sheer beligerance.

What else do they boycott because of ancient history? Argentine Beef? French onions? Spanish Chorizo, German Cars? Danish Bacon?

Liverpool aren't boycotting it because they are opposed to the paper allegedly being in the pay of the politicians or anything to do with the editorial line, that's conspiratorial claptrap, it's entirely to do with this tired and ancient story about an event in 1989.

You'd think they were the only people to ever be wronged by someone. Move on Liverpool. If Jews can buy German cars, surely Liverpool can be adult and let every media outlet into their irrelevant football club.
So essentially it's a kop out..

Broooooome Cheeeeee!!! Are you here all week?? :-p

JAS

Posts : 3777
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 57
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Be_the_ball on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 8:47 pm

Super it may have happened in 89, but its only been very recently that any sort of justice and recognition has happened. As far as I was aware nowhere in Liverpool sold the rag so the timing is a bit unusual.

Be_the_ball

Posts : 1328
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Exiled Dub.

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 8:54 pm

super_realist wrote:

Liverpool aren't boycotting it because they are opposed to the paper allegedly being in the pay of the politicians or anything to do with the editorial line, that's conspiratorial claptrap, it's entirely to do with this tired and ancient story about an event in 1989.

.

For relatives and friends of the the 96 I very much doubt it feels tired and ancient!! for the rest of the Liverpool support they clearly have empathy. I'm no Scouser but I get it. The way the Sun demonised the Liverpool support on the day was disgusting.
Were the event to happen today I wonder how different the coverage would be?? 1989 was pre social media,

JAS

Posts : 3777
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 57
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Be_the_ball on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 9:02 pm

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Liverpool aren't boycotting it because they are opposed to the paper allegedly being in the pay of the politicians or anything to do with the editorial line, that's conspiratorial claptrap, it's entirely to do with this tired and ancient story about an event in 1989.

.

For relatives and friends of the the 96 I very much doubt it feels tired and ancient!! for the rest of the Liverpool support they clearly have empathy. I'm no Scouser but I get it. The way the Sun demonised the Liverpool support on the day was disgusting.
Were the event to happen today I wonder how different the coverage would be?? 1989 was pre social media,

Couldn't agree more.

Be_the_ball

Posts : 1328
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Exiled Dub.

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Be_the_ball on Sat 11 Feb 2017, 12:56 pm

If there is to be a Grand Slam winner of the 6 nations this year it will be decided in Cardiff today.

We've had to put up with some good banter in work this week from our Scottish colleagues. A hammer and chisel wouldn't get the smile of one guys face, terrible how a referee can ruin a game!

Be_the_ball

Posts : 1328
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Exiled Dub.

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by westisbest on Sat 11 Feb 2017, 5:40 pm

Ireland could have a say in who wins a slam as still to play Wales and England.

Fair play to Scotland last week.
Should be a good game tomorrow.

westisbest

Posts : 7322
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Be_the_ball on Sat 11 Feb 2017, 6:43 pm

A few chariots round the streets of Cardiff tonight,

Indeed West, the championship is still up for grabs. Could still come down to Lansdowne road on St Patricks weekend Shocked

Be_the_ball

Posts : 1328
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Exiled Dub.

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho on Sun 12 Feb 2017, 8:56 am

Liverpool and Everton should have banned the sun years ago. But better late than never. Of the justice for 96 group feel the paper shoukd ve banned the club should listen. The paper was ridiculous at the enquiry, most others had it as front page news yet the sun hid it away somewhere. Also they still employ Kelvin Mackenzie, the editor who presided over the horrible coverage they gave the tragedy.

beninho

Posts : 4678
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts on Sun 12 Feb 2017, 1:05 pm

super_realist wrote:
JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:I see the infants at Liverpool have banned The Sun. When will they grow up?

I wasn't aware that there wasn't a complete ban already in place....given that there wasn't I'm slightly mystified as to why now.

It's pathetic isn't it. It's like boycotting German cars because of WW2.
Disagree with you. The Sun have never apologised, never admitted they lied, they're still in existence and still publishing bile. Why would they allow that bilge into the place? I wouldn't. **** 'em.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9160
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by MontysMerkin on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 8:29 am

The sun should be banned full stop. A bigger bunch of bullshitting chancers there has ever been. A disgrace.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Posts : 1592
Join date : 2013-03-26
Location : North Lincs

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 8:44 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:
JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:I see the infants at Liverpool have banned The Sun. When will they grow up?

I wasn't aware that there wasn't a complete ban already in place....given that there wasn't I'm slightly mystified as to why now.

It's pathetic isn't it. It's like boycotting German cars because of WW2.
Disagree with you. The Sun have never apologised, never admitted they lied, they're still in existence and still publishing bile. Why would they allow that bilge into the place? I wouldn't. **** 'em.

I'm no fan of The Sun, but they absolutely DID apologise.

Why has it taken them so long to ban them? Why didn't they ban them in 1989? Time they just grew up and stopped being so petty.


super_realist

Posts : 25123
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 11:39 am

super_realist wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:
JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:I see the infants at Liverpool have banned The Sun. When will they grow up?

I wasn't aware that there wasn't a complete ban already in place....given that there wasn't I'm slightly mystified as to why now.

It's pathetic isn't it. It's like boycotting German cars because of WW2.
Disagree with you. The Sun have never apologised, never admitted they lied, they're still in existence and still publishing bile. Why would they allow that bilge into the place? I wouldn't. **** 'em.

I'm no fan of The Sun, but they absolutely DID apologise.

Why has it taken them so long to ban them? Why didn't they ban them in 1989? Time they just grew up and stopped being so petty.

Maybe they did apologise - I don't read that bilge so I don't really know. Bet it wasn't front page though and, as has been said elsewhere, Kelvin MacKenzie is still spouting bilge that contradicts their 'apology'. They knew, for decades that what they wrote was bollox, but they only apologise after the inquiry exonerates the Liverpool fans and implicates other goings on? Pathetic and pretty meaningless.
It's still a live issue and there has only recently been any sort of acknowledgment that what was printed at the time was lies and that there has been some distinctly dodgy policing throughout as well. I agree with you that over time things have to be let go, but I think you're on the wrong side of the fence with this issue at this time. I'd like to see you claim it as petty behaviour on the streets of Liverpool...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9160
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 1:34 pm

Kelvin McKenzie doesn't work for The Sun anymore, so who cares what his opinions are about it. I think we could agree that the majority of newspapers are awful.

They apologised and it was very well documented, but I don't really care if they did or not, taking until 2017 to ban something you don't approve of because of something they did in 1989 is the ridiculous aspect of this story. If they genuinely hated The Sun, why take so long for this retrospective action?

It's like boycotting VW because Hitler invented the Beetle. Childish.

super_realist

Posts : 25123
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 7:29 pm

Super

It's like boycotting VW because Hitler invented the Beetle. Childish.

Boycotting the sun is like refusing to buy a newspaper which blamed the victims of police incompetence for their own deaths.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 15140
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 8:07 am

Mac, why are you always so hard of comprehension?

Hillsborough was in 1989, so why wait until 2017 to ban it, furthermore, is anyone who worked there in 1989 still there?

I understand the sentiment for banning it, although it's the small minded bitterness I associate with places like Liverpool, but why wait 28 years? It's stupid.

I bet Jews were buying VW and Hugo Boss long before 28 years had passed since the holocaust.

super_realist

Posts : 25123
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 9:06 am

super_realist wrote:Mac, why are you always so hard of comprehension?

Hillsborough was in 1989, so why wait until 2017 to ban it, furthermore, is anyone who worked there in 1989 still there?

I understand the sentiment for banning it, although it's the small minded bitterness I associate with places like Liverpool,  but why wait 28 years? It's stupid.

I bet Jews were buying VW and Hugo Boss long before 28 years had passed since the holocaust.
Not relevant. Who cares? They've banned it and, IMO, absolutely justifiably. I suspect you're wrong re. VW etc.
We get it - you think it's petty and everyone else disagrees...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9160
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 9:58 am

And no doubt you think Jewish people should stop whinging about the holocaust.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 15140
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 10:10 am

It is completely relevant Mac. If Liverpool felt so strongly, why didn't they ban The Sun from Anfield from the very start instead of waiting 28 years. Laughable.

I've never stated the Jews should stop whinging about the Holocaust. I've said that they've moved on and if you think that the Jews as a body don't buy VW or Hugo Boss, you're completely wrong.

super_realist

Posts : 25123
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 11:21 am

Not all Jews have moved on. They still keep pulling 95 year old camp guards out of retirement homes and into court rooms, and descendants still have lawsuits going with the German state. I'm not saying what's right or wrong, just stating the facts.

And ftr it just takes one populist LFC executive to ban a newspaper. As far as I've heard the decision was taken by the American owner, and not by the local management - which I think is a bit bizarre.

pedro

Posts : 6878
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 11:33 am

Yes, but they haven't petulantly done a blanket ban of German goods which have a history in Nazism like VW, Boss, BASF, Siemens or even Ford because Henry Ford supported the Nazi party and was hugely anti semitic.

You see all these things in Israel.

super_realist

Posts : 25123
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 11:55 am

Super

Not sure I commented anywhere on what brands Jewish people choose to buy.

I am also a little confused why you think there should be a time limit for choosing not to buy the sun, especially when their actions only look worse with time as more information about the events of Hillsborough are reveled?

McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 15140
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 12:12 pm

Mac, perhaps you have missed the story that Anfield have banned Sun journalists from the ground. Why has it taken this long? That's what I'm referring to, not their immature stance on boycotting the paper.

If they were so convinced The Sun had done them wrong in 1989, why wait until 2017 to ban journalists from the ground.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-ban-the-sun-hillsborough-disaster-reporters-attending-matches-anfield-a7573621.html

I mentioned the brands that Jews could have boycotted but haven't because it shows that people can move on in time, something Liverpool seem incapable of doing, despite the apology and despite virtually no one working there in 1989 still being on staff of the paper

super_realist

Posts : 25123
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 12:18 pm

Super

A full inquiry was only completed last year, isn't it now the prime time to initiate the ban as all the evidence has been evaluated?
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 15140
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 12:39 pm

McLaren wrote:Super

A full inquiry was only completed last year, isn't it now the prime time to initiate the ban as all the evidence has been evaluated?
^^^^^^^^^ This.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9160
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Be_the_ball on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 1:59 pm

And now for something completely different!

A homage to the day that's in it and all that.

The missus bought a Paperback,
down Shepton Mallet way,
I had a look inside her bag;…
T’was “Fifty Shades of Grey”.

Well I just left her to it,
And at ten I went to bed.
An hour later she appeared;
The sight filled me with dread.

In her left hand she held a rope;
And in her right a whip!
She threw them down upon the floor,
And then began to strip.

Well fifty years or so ago;
I might have had a peek;
But Mabel hasn’t weathered well;
She’s eighty four next week!!

Watching Mabel bump and grind;
Could not have been much grimmer.
And things then went from bad to worse;
She toppled off her Zimmer!

She struggled back upon her feet;
A couple minutes later;
She put her teeth back in and said
“I am a dominator!!”

Now if you knew our Mabel,
You’d see just why I spluttered,
I’d spent two months in traction
For the last complaint I’d uttered.

She stood there nude and naked
Bent forward just a bit
I went to hold her, sensual like
and stood on her left tit!

Mabel screamed, her teeth shot out;
My God what had I done!
She moaned and groaned then shouted out:
“Step on the other one!!”

Well readers, I can tell no more;
Of what occurred that day.
Suffice to say my jet black hair,
Turned fifty shades of grey!!

Shocked

Be_the_ball

Posts : 1328
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Exiled Dub.

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 2:07 pm

McLaren wrote:Super

A full inquiry was only completed last year, isn't it now the prime time to initiate the ban as all the evidence has been evaluated?

Why the hell would Liverpool require an inquiry to ban the paper? The paper apologised in 2012 so why didn't they ban them then?, so who cares about the inquiry. You don't need an inquiry to find what The Sun wrote as being inaccurate or distasteful. They didn't like the story in 1989, so again, the inquiry is irrelevant.

If you banned every company or organisation on the basis they said or did something you didn't like, we wouldn't have an economy.

super_realist

Posts : 25123
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho on Wed 15 Feb 2017, 9:31 am

super_realist wrote:Kelvin McKenzie doesn't work for The Sun anymore, so who cares what his opinions are about it. I think we could agree that the majority of newspapers are awful.
.

He does, he writes a column every week. He was the editor at the time of Hillsborough. I gather that since the enquiry he has apologised. But he is still very much tainted in the eyes of Liverpool and any normal person for what he put on the front page of the newspaper.

I do agree that the timing was strange though. They should have banned them at the time and just kept it in place.

beninho

Posts : 4678
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 9:14 am

I see some TV company has sacked a tennis commentator over a comment that Venus Williams for playing "guerilla tennis".

How pathetic is that?

super_realist

Posts : 25123
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 9:30 am

Pure monkey business.

pedro

Posts : 6878
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 11:06 am

I have very little interest in Tennis, is Guerilla Tennis a regularly used phrase?

He said “You’ll see Venus move in, and put the gorilla/guerrilla effect on. Charging.”

I can see how it could be construed as wrong, though I can also see what he could have meant.

It does seem like withdrawing him from commentary has made it a bigger issue than if they have just issued a statement explaining what he meant.

beninho

Posts : 4678
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 11:11 am

And then Venus. So what is Serena playing? Sasquatch tennis?

pedro

Posts : 6878
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by I'm never wrong on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 11:36 am

beninho wrote:I have very little interest in Tennis, is Guerilla Tennis a regularly used phrase?
I don't watch it either, Ben, but THIS might be one explanation.

I'm never wrong

Posts : 2315
Join date : 2011-05-26
Location : Just up the road, and turn right at the lights.

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 12:00 pm

So the Guerilla Tennis in the advert is to take over a part of NYC and play a tennis game, that was in 1995. A quick google search of it brings up the advert or the controversy.

beninho

Posts : 4678
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 12:09 pm

ESPN better hire Johnnie Cochran.

pedro

Posts : 6878
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 3:30 pm

I'm never wrong wrote:
beninho wrote:I have very little interest in Tennis, is Guerilla Tennis a regularly used phrase?  
I don't watch it either, Ben, but THIS might be one explanation.
ESPN have a sense of humour (my emphasis)?:

ESPN wrote:An ESPN spokesman told BBC Sport: "We have not been served and are declining further comment."
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9160
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum