The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Sails

2 posters

Go down

Black Sails Empty Black Sails

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 27 Oct 2016 - 13:04

It seems that a lot of people are unfamiliar with this show - it's available to watch on Amazon Prime. It's one of the best shows that I've ever watched and I'm interested to hear if other people have got into it? If you're into Game of Thrones then you'd certainly enjoy this. The story is interesting, full of twists and turns, some of it based on actual events and the rest based on ideas from Robert Louis Stevenson - therefore some characters are based on real people and others (like Flint I believe) are fictional.

I'll give you a little description. It begins with Captain Flint, shamed former Royal Navy officer on the hunt for a Spanish treasure galleon around the Bahamas, with rival pirates, the British, and the Spanish also all vying for its content. It leads to further events which will force either the Spanish or British to take back New Providence Island/Nassau, now a pirate stronghold by any means necessary.

Another thing I feel I should point out is its authenticity with the detail and diversity of the characters - they've captured this era very well.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2375692/

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Black Sails Empty Re: Black Sails

Post by lostinwales Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 22:28

First series I enjoyed very much. 2nd had its moments. Gave up part way through series 3

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 22:34

Hi liw.

That's interesting. Season 2 was the best IMO. Big things happen as season 3 draws to a close, plus they had more girl-on-girl (if you're into that).

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 16 Nov 2016 - 18:05

Considering its been cancelled I don't think I am alone in my views.

Really had its moments though.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 16 Nov 2016 - 21:33

Season 4 is the last, but I hadn't heard that it had been cancelled. Either way, I thoroughly enjoyed it throughout.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down