The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

De La Hoya: Golovkin is The One Who is Running

+8
Jermaine2015
catchweight
Atila
milkyboy
Hammersmith harrier
BoxingFan88
AdamT
Herman Jaeger
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

De La Hoya: Golovkin is The One Who is Running - Page 2 Empty De La Hoya: Golovkin is The One Who is Running

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 31 Oct 2016, 12:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.boxingscene.com/de-la-hoya-golovkin-one-who-running-not-canelo--110255

What a slime ball De La Hoya has turned into as a promoter how can he come out with comments like that after his boy relinquished his belt and made himself a laughing stock

http://www.boxingscene.com/schaefer-golovkin-deserves-split-team-canelo-being-unfair--110231

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

De La Hoya: Golovkin is The One Who is Running - Page 2 Empty Re: De La Hoya: Golovkin is The One Who is Running

Post by 3fingers Tue 01 Nov 2016, 10:22 pm

The way people talk you'd think golden boy were on the phone to Gennady, then GGG has the power to accept or reject an offer. Boxers have little to do with negotiations - that is for Promoters, Managers and TV companies. A boxers job is to train and fight. Thats it. Train and fight. Oh and give the odd interview and press conference. Negotiations for the most part are above their head, and they are not privy to the decisions which are made on their behalf (for the benefit of the promoter/business).

Boxers are plebs, they are prostitutes, they put in the graft and the pimps reap the rewards.

Forklift drivers working in Asda warehouse dont partake negotions with suppliers and distributors. They are told the outcomes of negotiations and why decisions have been made, though this is seldom the real reason. They are kept in the loop simply to make them feel part of the process, thus valued.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

De La Hoya: Golovkin is The One Who is Running - Page 2 Empty Re: De La Hoya: Golovkin is The One Who is Running

Post by Atila Wed 02 Nov 2016, 5:07 am

I think people know that GGG isn't going to be sitting at a table negotiating the contract himself. You're taking things too literal.  

It's like when I tell people that I flew to Florida to see my brother. It doesn't actually mean that I flew the plane there by myself. I paid for a seat on a plane and the pilot did the actual flying.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 02 Nov 2016, 8:28 am

What? You don't fly your own jet? You're on the wrong board Atila.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Wed 02 Nov 2016, 9:36 am

Sad to say that I don't have my own jet, but I'm close. All I need is to win the lottery 2 or 3 tines then I can walk into a jet plane dealership and pick out one I like. A nice dark blue one with leather seats would be nice.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Wed 02 Nov 2016, 11:18 am

Atila wrote:I think people know that GGG isn't going to be sitting at a table negotiating the contract himself. You're taking things too literal

You think!? I reckon lots of people genuinely believe it is the boxer who side slips a fight. Hence the overused term 'XYZ is a ducker"

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 02 Nov 2016, 11:36 am

Atila wrote:Sad to say that I don't have my own jet, but I'm close. All I need is to win the lottery 2 or 3 tines then I can walk into a jet plane dealership and pick out one I like. A nice dark blue one with leather seats would be nice.

Give JetSmarter a go perhaps:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/jetsmarter-private-jet-startup-2016-8

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 02 Nov 2016, 11:50 am

3fingers wrote:
Atila wrote:I think people know that GGG isn't going to be sitting at a table negotiating the contract himself. You're taking things too literal

You think!? I reckon lots of people genuinely believe it is the boxer who side slips a fight. Hence the overused term 'XYZ is a ducker"

I think people do often think that fingers, and accuse fighters of ducking when it's the promotional team that are protecting their investment. Funnily enough Golovkin has said the same, when asked about people ducking.

I think Atila meant that me, him whoever else on this thread mean 'team golovkin' when we've referred to him in this thread re accepting an offer. In the opposite way we're referring to de la hoya not alvarez making the offer. We've had enough debates on loeffler and sanchez  re the ward negotiations, to get that we don;t think it'll be GGG pulling the strings.  That said, the more successful and streetwise the fighter the more say/involvement they often have, but the mayweathers of this world are certainly the exception not the norm.

Given GGG's grasp of English, it would hardly be a goer even if he was the decision maker!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 03 Nov 2016, 11:28 am

Comments like these just hope Oscar isn't back on that crack pipe

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 03 Nov 2016, 1:00 pm

I just think it's a massive shame. It's not like Alvarez is unbeaten and they're trying to protect his "0". He isn't a Floyd or a Hamed who a lot of people watch to see if they're going to get beaten.
Look at Nigel Benn. Losses didn't do him too much harm - he was massively marketable and didn't duck dangerous fighters. A loss does not mean that the support vanishes. Alvarez is talented and can come again if beaten. Just let him fight Oscar.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 03 Nov 2016, 1:49 pm

Is Oscar smart or just a conman?

He's turned what was a routine defence for Golovkin into a much anticipated fight.

But I don't think the fight's going to happen personally Oscar's using Golovkin's name to sell Alvarez' next few fights these comments confirm that imo I'll eat my hat if it happens Oscar feels he can make more in the next five years if he's careful than with a bonanza payday against Golovkin

Like Stevenson as soon as he signed to fight Alvarez he came out with the Kovalev fight is definitely happening up until he had a fight he went dead quiet

Just using their names to keep interest as soon as Stevenson has had his next fight he'll go quiet again you watch. Makes the blood boil it really does. Boxing is in trouble if it can't force these fights or there'll be a lot more 2016's

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 11 Nov 2016, 9:12 am

As predicted, Stevenson starting to make a lot of noise in the lead up to Ward Kovalev:

http://www.boxingscene.com/adonis-stevenson-i-want-kovalev-vs-ward-winner--110636

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 11 Nov 2016, 10:06 am

I was thinking.

If De La Hoya doesn't want his prize chicken getting hurt, perhaps he could take his place.

I think plenty of fans would be glad to see GGG pound the crossdressing snake!

It would probably earn GGG even more money.

I have no time for Oscar. He was accusing others of ducking and ruining the sport and he is doing the same.

Good fighter/sh1t false human being.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 11 Nov 2016, 10:28 am

Really gone off De La Hoya as a person the last eighteen months or so over this feeling something approaching contempt for him at the minute

Back to Brook respect goes way back up for him if he fights Spence that's the fight a lot of fans want to see a lot were saying Brook would vacate but will Hayman send Spence to Britain or will he do what he usually does for his fighters and find a way out and yet again deprive the fans of a good fight

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 11 Nov 2016, 10:29 am

He needs to fight Spence or Khan. I don't see him getting Manny.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2