The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pacquiao ppv

+5
Atila
BoxingFan88
Derbymanc
Herman Jaeger
AdamT
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pacquiao ppv - Page 2 Empty Pacquiao ppv

Post by AdamT Fri 11 Nov 2016, 10:21 am

First topic message reminder :

Rumours are Manny v Vargas had low numbers. It was supposedly around 200k.

Is he not a big star anymore? Did his reputation get hit after the mega fight?

Maybe it's his racist comments?

Imo I think it is because he is over the hill and people don't care anymore.

He still is good and brings some excitement, but it is plain to see he is a shadow of the monster, of a few years back.

Any wonder he wants Floyd back. If he doesn't get the rematch, I expect him to look for Canelo, or even Khan.

I know you guys on here don't care about numbers, but it does reflect on a fighters popularity.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao ppv - Page 2 Empty Re: Pacquiao ppv

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 28 Nov 2016, 7:21 pm

I don't think Hagler beating Minter adds a great deal to his legacy, he's not much more than a name on his record, incidentally Ward has fought abroad more times than Hagler and Leonard, the same amount as Hearns. It's a load of nothing really.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 28 Nov 2016, 8:09 pm

Marlonz wrote:
milkyboy wrote:
Marlonz wrote:I still don't think it's the same - fighting that far away from home, regardless of how much fans love you or not or how long you've had to adjust. You aren't going to be as comfortable as you'd be at home, with your own countrymen as Judges and Referee... Also, Manny still had to go 12,000 miles away from home (initially and every time thereafter) and execute everything correctly. I just don't see why that should be taken for granted.

Put it this way, if it were such a non-factor, why don't Floyd or Ward do it, just to prove they are as good as those they want to share the company of on the ATG list? Ali, Hagler, Duran, Leonard, Hearns, McCallum, etc. ALL fought internationally and it's undeniable that it lends their resumes more flexibility.

Been a few old faces on here this week. Good to see you dropping by Marlon. Trust all is well fella.
Ha ha! hey there Milky! Yeah, I'm a blast from the past!...
As for me, I'm slowly recovering from the Flu! Hope you're doing better than me mate! Smile

I'm hanging in their fella. I can't complain... but sometimes I still do!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 28 Nov 2016, 8:25 pm

Marlonz wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Marlonz wrote:
Put it this way, if it were such a non-factor, why don't Floyd or Ward do it, just to prove they are as good as those they want to share the company of on the ATG list? Ali, Hagler, Duran, Leonard, Hearns, McCallum, etc. ALL fought internationally and it's undeniable that it lends their resumes more flexibility.

Ali went where the money was, if someone offered him enough he'd fight in a car park in front of nobody and the others all did the same, too much is made of being a road warrior. Hagler fought Minter in the UK hardly a big deal, Hearns had no significant fights outside America whilst Leonard fought in Montreal as he won Olympic gold there.
The point is that they did it though, and we have no way of knowing how those who haven't would fare. As for Hagler, I'd say it was a big deal seeing as he was subjected to a barrage of racism - both from Minter himself and the crowd during and after the fight - that's my point, he went through that and still executed to win the world titles. Something Ward and Mayweather have never done and you need to take the consideration that goes with that.

Agreed. Home advantage is completely underrated (a quick analysis of results will reveal that).

Hagler tackling THE middleweight king in his own (decidedly hostile) back yard and doing a number on him in the manner he did carries a little more weight than if he'd lured Minter over to Brockton.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 28 Nov 2016, 9:09 pm

Pacquiao's next fight will do near 3 million buys.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2