The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland v New Zealand, 19 November

+61
stub
poissonrouge
Cyril
cakeordeath
LondonTiger
Gooseberry
eirebilly
Mad for Chelsea
englandglory4ever
toml
Barney McGrew did it
MrsP
EST
No 7&1/2
Sgt_Pooly
fa0019
Maine man
asoreleftshoulder
Hood83
theslosty
Engine#4
Scottrf
LeinsterFan4life
AFewTooManyKnocks
Heaf
mid_gen
Rugby Fan
Taylorman
clivemcl
emack2
uncle_nigel
profitius
doctor_grey
cascough
ebop
Gwlad
Not grey and not a ghost
majesticimperialman
The Great Aukster
Rory_Gallagher
Pete330v2
geoff999rugby
Big
chewed_mintie
mikey_dragon
Pot Hale
aucklandlaurie
marty2086
lostinwales
GunsGermsV2
brennomac
SecretFly
thebandwagonsociety
wolfball
Geen sport voor watjes
rodders
Golden
the-goon
carpet baboon
rapidsnowman
George Carlin
65 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Ireland v New Zealand, 19 November - Page 20 Empty Ireland v New Zealand, 19 November

Post by George Carlin Mon 14 Nov - 7:15

First topic message reminder :

Ireland v New Zealand, 19 November - Page 20 Irelan10       Ireland v New Zealand, 19 November - Page 20 All_bl10
IRELAND v NEW ZEALAND
19 November 2016
KO: 17:30
Aviva Stadium, Dublin

Live on Sky Sports 2

Referee: Jaco Peyper (South Africa)
Assistant referees: Mathieu Raynal (France), Ian Davies (Wales)
Television match official: Jon Mason (Wales)
Assessor: Chris White (England)

A. Head to Head

29 Played 29
1 Won 27
1 Drawn 1
27 Lost 1
310 Points 812

B. Recent Form 

5 November 2016
Soldier Field, Chicago IL
40–29 to Ireland

24 November 2013 
Aviva Stadium, Dublin 
22 – 24 to New Zealand 

23 June 2012 
Waikato Stadium, Hamilton 
60 – 0 to New Zealand 

16 June 2012 
Rugby League Park, Christchurch 
22 – 19 to New Zealand

9 June 2012 
Eden Park, Auckland 
42 – 10 to New Zealand

20 November 2010 
Aviva Stadium, Dublin 
18 – 38 to New Zealand 

C. Teams

IRELAND 
Ireland v New Zealand, 19 November - Page 20 Guinne10
R Kearney; A Trimble, J Payne, R Henshaw, S Zebo; J Sexton, C Murray; J McGrath, R Best, T Furlong; D Toner, D Ryan; CJ Stander, S O'Brien, J Heaslip.

Replacements: S Cronin, C Healy, F Bealham, I Henderson, J van der Flier, K Marmion, P Jackson, G Ringrose.

NEW ZEALAND
Ireland v New Zealand, 19 November - Page 20 Speigh10
B Smith; I Dagg, M Fekitoa, A Lienert-Brown, J Savea; B Barrett, A Smith; J Moody, D Coles, O Franks; B Retallick, S Whitelock; L Squire, S Can, K Read (capt).

Replacements: C Taylor, W Crockett, C Faumuina, S Barrett, A Savea, TJ Perenara, A Cruden, W Naholo.

Last edited by George Carlin on Sat 19 Nov - 12:35; edited 3 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ireland v New Zealand, 19 November - Page 20 Empty Re: Ireland v New Zealand, 19 November

Post by SecretFly Wed 23 Nov - 16:02

What was marty right about three pages ago? That the findings of the commission are wrong?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Ireland v New Zealand, 19 November - Page 20 Empty Re: Ireland v New Zealand, 19 November

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov - 16:04

SecretFly wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Do you believe if a player is offside they are committing an act of foul play?

According to the laws foul play is law 10.4. Which is what Cane was charged with. The panel found he did not commit an act of foul play. Therefore he should not have even been penalised.

As I said before, it's possible he was offside or wearing a poppy or something but that is not what the citing panel were adjudicating on.

Is there official confirmation that an act of foul play wasn't committed?

Quoting from RugbyFan: 'The panel found that Cane had "not committed an act of foul play".'

I don't read these findings.  Too much like an office job Wink  But I'd guess RugbyFan is quoting the findings accurately.  

Just Googled it:

"....the same panel that banned Fekitoa ruled that Cane's actions had been "accidental" and that "he had not therefore committed an act of foul play".

So not an act of foul play because they judged it as accidental (judging on intent), otherwise it was an act of foul play.

Suppose it depends on whether you accept their findings, or not. Personally, I see it as an act of foul play, although not intentional, but that's just me  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 23 Nov - 16:12

Munchkin wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Do you believe if a player is offside they are committing an act of foul play?

According to the laws foul play is law 10.4. Which is what Cane was charged with. The panel found he did not commit an act of foul play. Therefore he should not have even been penalised.

As I said before, it's possible he was offside or wearing a poppy or something but that is not what the citing panel were adjudicating on.

Quoting from RugbyFan: 'The panel found that Cane had "not committed an act of foul play".'

I don't read these findings.  Too much like an office job Wink  But I'd guess RugbyFan is quoting the findings accurately.  

Just Googled it:

"....the same panel that banned Fekitoa ruled that Cane's actions had been "accidental" and that "he had not therefore committed an act of foul play".

So not an act of foul play because they judged it as accidental, otherwise it was an act of foul play.

Suppose it depends on whether you accept their findings, or not. Personally, I see it as an act of foul play, but that's just me  Smile

Please dont now go on to arguing that the panel is wrong.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 23 Nov - 16:15

The Panel IS.................. drumroll .....don't be impatient..........................it's......................

WRONG!!! Bubbly Bubbly Yahoo

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 23 Nov - 16:16

Okay...let's get wikileaks info up on this here panel as a starter.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov - 16:17

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Just Googled it:

So not an act of foul play because they judged it as accidental, otherwise it was an act of foul play.

Suppose it depends on whether you accept their findings, or not. Personally, I see it as an act of foul play, but that's just me  Smile

I'm not. I'm giving my opinion that the panel is wrong, and I think it's wrong because their judgement isn't based on fact, but supposition (intent or lack of).

Contrast that with the Fekitoa ruling .....

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 23 Nov - 16:23

Munchkin wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Just Googled it:

I'm not. I'm giving my opinion that the panel is wrong, and I think it's wrong because their judgement isn't based on fact, but supposition (intent or lack of).

Because you are arguing for no other reason than for the sake of arguing, the difference in hearings is not obvious to you, the Cane hearing was a defended hearing, whereas the Fekitoa hearing was a guilty plea, submissions in mitigation and the determining of sanction (if any) completly different types of hearings.

Foster did say that the ABs appreciated that Fekitoa got a fair hearing.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov - 16:27

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Just Googled it:

Because you are arguing for no other reason than for the sake of arguing, the difference in hearings is not obvious to you, the Cane hearing was a defended hearing, whereas the Fekitoa hearing was a guilty plea, submissions in mitigation and the determining of sanction (if any) completly different types of hearings.

Read deeper, Laurie. Fekitoa did not admit guilt. He admitted to a yellow card offense, but denied a red card offense.

Yes, I'm arguing for the sake of it, but I will always argue my points fairly and honestly.

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 23 Nov - 16:34

Munchkin wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Just Googled it:

Read deeper, Laurie. Fekitoa did not admit guilt. He admitted to a yellow card offense, but denied a red card offense.

Yes, I'm arguing for the sake of it, but I will always argue my points fairly and honestly.

I have no reason to believe that you are not being honest and fair, but how about chucking in a bit of common sense and openmindedness as well?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov - 16:37

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Just Googled it:

I have no reason to believe that you are not being honest and fair, but how about chucking in a bit of common sense and openmindedness as well?

ahem .... the same could be said of certain others defending Cane ...

Ok, so you accuse me of lacking common sense and of not being open minded. So, back it up, Laurie. Prove to me your assertions, or is it just ad hom?

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 23 Nov - 16:43

960 posts - this thread is drawing to an end.

Is it worth continuing it or shall I lock it to preserve it?

George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 23 Nov - 16:48

George Carlin wrote:960 posts - this thread is drawing to an end.

Send it to the Smithsonian.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 23 Nov - 16:48

Munchkin wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Just Googled it:

Ok, so you accuse me of lacking common sense and of not being open minded. So, back it up, Laurie. Prove to me your assertions, or is it just ad hom?

Because you are arguing for the sake of arguing, it lacks common sense and this affects your ability to analyse with an open mind. Personally I didnt think that Sam Cane should of even been cited in the first place, and the fact that his case was dismissed indicates that possibly his citing was for no more reason to show and appease rabid Irish fans that justice was being seen to be done.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 23 Nov - 16:52

Evidently, Rabid Irish fans weren't appeased. So the Panel were wrong even in their reasons for initially citing. Whistle Indeed, they were probably corrupt in bringing poor Sam before them on a trumped up charge just to placate a baying mob outside who were building the scaffold.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Wed 23 Nov - 16:52

Keep it going - they all deserve each other and it keeps them off the street
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 23 Nov - 16:55

Barney McGrew did it wrote:

Keep it going - they all deserve each other and it keeps them off the street

Oh here we go. The Neighbourhood Bobby calls in for his ten cents worth of condescension. After him! Run

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 23 Nov - 16:57

SecretFly wrote:Evidently, Rabid Irish fans weren't appeased.  So the Panel were wrong even in their reasons for initially citing. Whistle   Indeed, they were probably corrupt in bringing poor Sam before them on a trumped up charge just to placate a baying mob outside who were building the scaffold.

The scaffold could come in handy next week the convicts are in town.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Wed 23 Nov - 16:59

The All Blacks were obviously smarting over their humiliation in Chicago, and wanted to inflict some of that onto their tormentors, so it was always going to be a very difficult game to officiate.
Surely the death threats to Wayne Barnes in 2007 wouldn't still worry officials, yet the officials and the Citing Commission seem to behave differently when New Zealand is involved compared to any other nation. For the Citing Commission to open a can of worms labelled 'intent' and so augmenting the World Rugby Laws to exonerate an All Black, they are obviously feeling a lot more heat than that generated by a few dissenting Irish voices.
Ireland fans and media would do well to take note of this. If there is some clandestine Big Brother who doesn't like the natural order of things being questioned, and may not want Ireland to improve their chances by having a home RWC, is it time to stop pointing out the glaring inconsistencies?

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 23 Nov - 17:00

Ireland v New Zealand, 19 November - Page 20 1347041234

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 23 Nov - 17:01

aucklandlaurie wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Evidently, Rabid Irish fans weren't appeased.  So the Panel were wrong even in their reasons for initially citing. Whistle   Indeed, they were probably corrupt in bringing poor Sam before them on a trumped up charge just to placate a baying mob outside who were building the scaffold.

The scaffold could come in handy next week the convicts are in town.

Well at least old Cheika leaves evidence that can clearly convict him.  Last time he was here he broke an €86,000 door at Lansdowne.  So of course, he'll be arrested the minute he steps off the plane and the Aussie lads will have a new coach for the game itself.  I hope the smoke coming from the pyre doesn't affect the enjoyment of the game for either side.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 23 Nov - 17:05

[quote="The Great Aukster"]The All Blacks were obviously smarting over their humiliation in Chicago, and wanted to inflict some of that onto their tormentors, so it was always going to be a very difficult game to officiate.
Surely the death threats to Wayne Barnes in 2007 wouldn't still worry officials, yet the officials and the Citing Commission seem to behave differently when New Zealand is involved compared to any other nation. For the Citing Commission to open a can of worms labelled 'intent' and so augmenting the World Rugby Laws to exonerate an All Black, they are obviously feeling a lot more heat than that generated by a few dissenting Irish voices.
Ireland fans and media would do well to take note of this. If there is some clandestine Big Brother who doesn't like the natural order of things being questioned, and may not want Ireland to improve their chances by having a home RWC, is it time to stop pointing out the glaring inconsistencies?[/quote]

So the following week they went out and shoved 70 points up Italy, whilst wearing poppies without gaining prior permission from the Irish.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 23 Nov - 17:06

The Great Aukster wrote:
Ireland fans and media would do well to take note of this. If there is some clandestine Big Brother who doesn't like the natural order of things being questioned, and may not want Ireland to improve their chances by having a home RWC, is it time to stop pointing out the glaring inconsistencies?

....it's too late. They owe us one.... (a WC that is.) Wink Sure didn't the nice female Kiwi commentator in Dublin even allude to it. 'Let us win and our name is on your bid'.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Wed 23 Nov - 17:12

rapidsnowman wrote:
I've long admired the Irish attitude – Brian O'Driscoll aside at times, of course – and their open admiration for the All Blacks.

picard
One of life's modern mysteries is how some NZers have managed to convince themselves that BOD is a bad guy.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Wed 23 Nov - 17:15

aucklandlaurie wrote:[quote="The Great Aukster"]The All Blacks were obviously smarting over their humiliation in Chicago, and wanted to inflict some of that onto their tormentors, so it was always going to be a very difficult game to officiate.

So the following week they went out and shoved 70 points up Italy, whilst wearing poppies without gaining prior permission from the Irish.[/quote]

You are still hurting over the poppies article Laurie? In football Fifa are fining a number of teams for wearing poppies because they believe sport and politics shouldnt mix. The debate around the ABs and poppies was intended to ask similar questions.

Nothing to do with getting permission "from  the Irish".

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Wed 23 Nov - 17:19

Rugby Fan wrote:
rapidsnowman wrote:
I've long admired the Irish attitude – Brian O'Driscoll aside at times, of course – and their open admiration for the All Blacks.

picard
One of life's modern mysteries is how some NZers have managed to convince themselves that BOD is a bad guy.
Probably because he threw himself on the ground to try to get some poor innocent ABs into trouble ...

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 23 Nov - 17:25

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:[quote="The Great Aukster"]The All Blacks were obviously smarting over their humiliation in Chicago, and wanted to inflict some of that onto their tormentors, so it was always going to be a very difficult game to officiate.

So the following week they went out and shoved 70 points up Italy, whilst wearing poppies without gaining prior permission from the Irish.

You are still hurting over the poppies article Laurie? In football Fifa are fining a number of teams for wearing poppies because they believe sport and politics shouldnt mix. The debate around the ABs and poppies was intended to ask similar questions.

Nothing to do with getting permission "from  the Irish".[/quote]

Seriously were you thinking we should be fined?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov - 17:35

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Just Googled it:

Because you are arguing for the sake of arguing, it lacks common sense and this affects your ability to analyse with an open mind. Personally I didnt think that Sam Cane should of even been cited in the first place, and the fact that his case was dismissed indicates that possibly his citing was for no more reason to show and appease rabid Irish fans that justice was being seen to be done.

If arguing for the sake of arguing in indicative of lacking common sense, then the vast majority of us on here are idiots, including you.

I enjoy debate. Doing things we enjoy has a purpose and is not indicative of lacking common sense, depending on what it is you do. On the other hand; if you don't enjoy debate, and persist in debating, you are truly a moron.

Arguing for the sake of arguing actually helps with forming a more objective analysis. That said; I do have a horse in this race, and do have a bias.

You might not believe Cane deserved to be penalised, but not everyone agrees with you, and not all of them are Irish. If you were open minded you could see both sides of the argument while holding to your own position.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov - 17:47

I think you should lock it now, George angel

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 23 Nov - 17:59

Last word to me. I'm right.....

.... okay lock it quick! Hurry!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 23 Nov - 18:06

Steve Hansen was right to stick it back to Claire McNamara when she was badgering him to say that the All Blacks are a team of dirty players.

This whole week of bitterness has been driven by the Irish media and pulling a lot of Irish fans on board.

It is destructive for rugby, and does Ireland no favours either.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Wed 23 Nov - 18:20

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Steve Hansen was right to stick it back to Claire McNamara when she was badgering him to say that the All Blacks are a team of dirty players.

This whole week of bitterness has been driven by the Irish media and pulling a lot of  Irish fans on board.

It's probably high time World Rugby only allowed authorised journalists to report on the game. Since the only ones who know what they're talking about are obviously from New Zealand this damage to rugby could have been nipped in the bud.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov - 18:23

aucklandlaurie wrote:

This whole week of bitterness has been driven by the Irish media and pulling a lot of  Irish fans on board.

Maybe some sheeple are led by the media, but I'm not sure you can blame the media on the disappointment that many supporters feel. Not all.

I honestly don't think it's bitterness. The ABs are held in high esteem here by many supporters, and this wont change because of what we see as a poor refereeing display. Great team and great supporters.

As for doing Ireland no favours? Meh, it will pass with the sands of time. Maybe not completely forgotten, but then we want a little spite for the next game Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 23 Nov - 18:27

aucklandlaurie wrote:

Oh come on Laurie.  Steve Hansen seems to have only one emotion in interview - a sighing air of  apathy; a dry, dead look of not-wanting-to-be there.  
If he doesn't like answering questions (light or heavy) then maybe he should have passed on the biggest Media rugby job on the planet.  He took on the ABs.  He knows they are the marketing kings.  He knows it is partially his role to keep that brand running - and yet he glowers, and sighs, and shrugs those big overcoated, disinterested shoulders of his through just about every interview he gives.  His attitude is always;  "Go on then -  ask your small time questions but I'm a busy man, I run the ABs".

Maybe it's getting to the point where people might get the idea that maybe it's just him - maybe he has issues with just about everyone.  Maybe he needs to lighten up.  It ain't all that bad - he's just off an 18 game winning cycle.  Lighten up, Steve.  Smile a little.  Enjoy the weather up there.  There are many coaches who'd like to be on top of that kinda side.  Interviewing him must be like trying to get words out of Frankenstein's monster.  

Now look at another Kiwi talking to the same interviewer (light and heavy).  See how Joe Schmidt operates.  Study him in all those interviews.  I'm tiring of Mr Grump Hansen's act of strolling around the globe like a Godfather goodfella.  Christ, even renowned grump, Graham Henry, was at least funny and always had a devilish sparkle in his eyes.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ebop Wed 23 Nov - 18:34

Rugby Fan wrote:
rapidsnowman wrote:

picard
I think it's ok to be a good guy and a cry baby at the same time
ebop
ebop

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Wed 23 Nov - 18:39

ebop wrote:
Rugby Fan wrote:
rapidsnowman wrote:

picard
Come on ebop - time to show your good guy side?

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by ebop Wed 23 Nov - 18:42

The Great Aukster wrote:
ebop wrote:
Rugby Fan wrote:
rapidsnowman wrote:

picard
Come on ebop - time to show your good guy side?
Eh? I think he's a good guy
ebop
ebop

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 23 Nov - 18:55

Anyone want the last word? Wink
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov - 18:59

Me! Yahoo

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 23 Nov - 19:01

I'm Sparticus.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov - 19:02

This is mine! mad

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 23 Nov - 19:03

Close her down, George.

New Zealand and Ireland are now officially at war. Our armies will take over from here OK

Oh and let Munch have the last word.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 23 Nov - 19:03

Munchkin wrote:Me! Yahoo

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov - 19:04

Thank you Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 23 Nov - 19:05

George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20