The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lomachenko walters predictions

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

lomachenko walters predictions - Page 2 Empty lomachenko walters predictions

Post by milkyboy on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 10:29 am

First topic message reminder :

Hot on the heels of Ward Kovalev, is November's other treat for boxing fans, lomachenko walters. I've always leant to lomachenko in this, in what i'd expect to be a hard fought really good fight. I checked the odds, expecting Lomo to be a warmish favourite but was surprised to see you could get 5:1 on walters. Seems like the bookies have this as a 1 horse race.

Anyone give walters much hope?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

lomachenko walters predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: lomachenko walters predictions

Post by Dylan1979 on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 11:24 am

Baby faced assassin wrote:Walters never wanted this fight, he took ages agreeing to terms and wanted to get the most amount of money, maybe he thought that there was no way he could win before he even started training for this

He tried to box his way in but the class between the 2 was getting further and further apart and Lomachenko was now walking him down

Think he shouldve carried on for the fans but his head wasn't in it and Lomachenko was just too good

Strange fight and anticlimactic but how good is Lomachenko, just a unbelievable fighter

Heard rumours of Pacquiao fight which I think should wait a little bit as lomachenko isn't a big SFW and manny while could easily make 140 is full muscle and has too much power even still

Would like to see Manny vs Crawford at 140 and Lomachenko vs Mikey Garcia at 135, think Mikey has a world title lined up soon, and see where to go from there

Manny v Crawford & Loma v Mikey, two fights I'd happily pay to watch.

Who do you think would win?

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

lomachenko walters predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: lomachenko walters predictions

Post by Dylan1979 on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 11:27 am

Crawford is a beast at 140. I see him moving up to 147 fairly soon and doing very well there.

Spence v Crawford will be 'THE' fight once the dust settles in my opinion.

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 2:42 pm

Definitely

If he fights Pacquiao it might derail that though

If they get the timing wrong crawford might lose

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 3:07 pm

While a great fight Lomenchenko v Pacquaio surely that's fast tracking a bit?

Surely Lomenchenko and Mikey Garcia need to fight it out to get Manny?

But of course that means Bob not keeping things in house and we all know how much Bob likes to keep it in house,  to the detriment of the sport

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 3:37 pm

Loma said he wanted to stay at super feather for a while though

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 3:48 pm

Won't fight Manny above 135 either that might be a tall order for Manny to get down to 35 could be dangerous to fight someone as good as Lomenchenko a little drained,  I'd only like to see that fight at 40 so don't think it will happen in 2017 really why not Mikey Garcia at 35? But would Bob work with Garcia?

Last edited by Herman Jaeger on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 3:56 pm

Manny can't make 135. He would be too drained. Manny isn't huge at 147, but he would be big at 140.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 3:57 pm

Ahh yeah I forgot garcia left top rank

Loma should clean salido first

Pacquiao is too big for loma unless you make him a walking zombie

Last edited by BoxingFan88 on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 3:57 pm

Mikey Garcia is the fight. Who would you back??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 3:58 pm

What it's signed?

Loma mikey has a punchers chance though

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 4:03 pm

Mikey v Loma, I got Loma but don't sleep on Mikey.

Not a fight I would bet on that's for sure.

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 4:04 pm

Mikey, I love Mikey's patience, Loma is hittable but it will take someone with real patience and accuracy. That man is Mikey Garcia

Something of a mini superfight

Though having seen Lomenchenko for the first time last night I could see why people wouldn't back against him against anyone at 135 (need to catch the rest of the fight though as fell asleep after round two)

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 4:13 pm

It gets way better

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 4:15 pm

I only pick Garcia of course because I am a fan and everyone else is picking Vasyl. It won't be easy to beat the Ukrainian that's for sure

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 4:24 pm

I like Garcia. He I a solid pro and knows pro game in and out.

I think Vasyl is getting better with every pro fight. It would take a young Floyd to beat him and he would at 130-135.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 4:37 pm

Garcia is a natural boxer, just has the added bonus of hitting like a mule, he'd be much more comfortable than Walters in a boxing game, few guys have a better jab than Mikey

Still would pick Lomachenko as the way he uses angles should be enough to disrupt Mikeys rhythm but Garcia will give a good account of himself

Think if Garcia stayed active and progressed it would be closer but his inactivity may have hurt his development
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 5:22 pm

AdamT wrote:I like Garcia. He I a solid pro and knows pro game in and out.

I think Vasyl is getting better with every pro fight. It would take a young Floyd to beat him and he would at 130-135.

Assuming Floyd would have taken that fight. Not 100% sure he would.

All hypothetical of course.

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 5:33 pm

Floyd was well known for avoiding challenges at that weight wasn't he, did have the pull to pick and choose, better luck next time.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 5:57 pm

Floyd chose fights after De la Hoya.

He chose Hatton - unbeaten champ and from the weight below.

Marquez - granted he was much bigger, but it was his speed and skill that beat Juan.

Mosley - old, yet after one of the best victories of his illustrious career and the man at 147.

Ortiz - gimme but a solid title holder

Cotto - just after beat his nemesis and a title holder at 154. Not unbeaten, but still one of the best on the planet. Went on to be Mw champ after this.

Guerrero- was a cherry pick, but no worse Tha many of Mannys opposition late on. If he was on GGG's record, he would be won of the better wins.

Canelo - stupid catchweight, but was allowed to hydrate to whatever and Floyd was easily a stone lighter on the night.

Maidana - Solid belt holder and nearly beat Floyd. Floyd didn't grab the win and run, he gave him a rematch and comprehensively beat him.

Manny - should of happened 5 years earlier, it didn't so Floyd has to take some blame. Though Manny wasn't the only one to age 5 years. Maybe he has been more battle worn, but he was younger than Mayweather and looked very good the fight before.

Berto - cherry pick.

Not a bad list of cherry picks.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 6:39 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Floyd was well known for avoiding challenges at that weight wasn't he, did have the pull to pick and choose, better luck next time.

Is that a dig at me?

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 6:41 pm

Dylan1979 wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Floyd was well known for avoiding challenges at that weight wasn't he, did have the pull to pick and choose, better luck next time.

Is that a dig at me?

You have a caste iron guarantee that he would have fought him?

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 6:43 pm

He ducked Casamayor.

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 6:48 pm

There's nothing to suggest he'd avoid anyone at the lower weights, he didn't actively duck Casamayor at all.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 7:20 pm

Just watched this fight. Disappointed to see Walters quit like he did.

First time I've seen Lomachenko. For a guy with only 7 pro fights, he's exceptional.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 7:22 pm

I think people are being a tad harsh on Walters

He was going to get KOed badly in the next couple, he was over matched and out gunned

He was going to get hit with hard shots he can't see and more than likely get flattened like Martinez did

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 7:28 pm

This is a tough sport though BF88. If every fighter quit then they were falling behind and it looked like they couldn't win then we would never have had Corales beating Castillo, or Chavez winning (controversially) against Taylor, maybe even Leonard coming from behind to stop Hearns.

Fighters toughing it out is part of the sport.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 7:34 pm

Or Froch stopping Groves first time lol

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 7:49 pm

Unfortunately for Walters he hot shown to be what he is, a flat track bully who made his name stopping smaller men.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 9:18 pm

Groves didn't quit

Walters would have been ironed out in a round or two

He was badly outclassed that won't happen often

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 10:52 pm

I want to see Lomachenko beat some of the top names at Super Featherweight before moving up, brief stays against outmatched opponents aren't the makings of greats. Vargas, Miura, Corrales or Uchiyama would be good options but I fear none of them hold enough of a name to make them viable.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 11:54 pm

Won't be long before Loma is P4P number 1. If Arum can keep him busy or get him specific big fights over the next 2 years, he will be numero uno. Vargas, Valdes, Salido rematch etc or go up to 135, grab a belt there, couple of defences.

Undisputed at 130 should be achieved easily, if they fight him.

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 12:12 am

Luckily for him, there's plenty of title holders at the lower weights for him to fight.

With Arum and HBO behind him, he's going to be given plenty of opportunities. Becoming P4P number 1 should be a breeze. All he has to do is just keep winning.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 8:59 am

Vasyl has done very well for someone with a few fights. He is a real p4p superstar in the making.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 9:27 am

That was one of the biggest disappointments I can recall. I thought it would have been a sensational fight.

Walters looked beaten before he even started - there was something clearly not right with him. I expected him to come out with an excuse post-fight (so bad did he look) but he more or less owned up to not being at the races and quitting before he got knocked out.

I'm not one for these daft P4P debates but in terms of talent, Lomachenko looks the most gifted fighter in the world currently. He's marvellous to watch.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 9:29 am

He is the best boxer in the sport. As in text book boxing. Ward, GGG, Gonzalez, Crawford etc do not have the same skill level as this man.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 10:22 am

AdamT wrote:He is the best boxer in the sport. As in text book boxing. Ward, GGG, Gonzalez, Crawford etc do not have the same skill level as this man.

When talking about boxing skill, surely it must be a crime to mention Ward in the same sentence as Loma, Crawford etc.

Somebody said to me yesterday, when Loma does it, HBO call it beautiful boxing. When Ward does it, they never use terms like 'beautiful boxing'. Dunno if he was trying to play the race card or what.

Are some people really that blind that they fail to see the 'many, many LEVELS' seperating Loma and Ward when it comes to pure boxing skill (legal of course).

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 10:24 am

As good as Loma is, he still hasn't the accuracy of a Mayweather. His angles and foot work however is sensational.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 10:29 am

You're boring already Dylan.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 10:32 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:You're boring already Dylan.

Has to be a troll. Hopefully not an alias.

Though if he stays on, I don't look as bad Very Happy

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 10:35 am

Okay, I'm sorry.

Ward is the greatest boxer to have ever laced em up.

You know why?

Because he's smart.

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 10:37 am

Dylan1979 wrote:Okay, I'm sorry.

Ward is the greatest boxer to have ever laced em up.

You know why?

Because he's smart.

He's not, but he is a two weight undefeated World Champ with an Olympic Gold medal. Hasn't lost a bout amateur or Professional in over 20 years.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 10:37 am

Lomachenko is a sublime talent but aside from Russell Jnr he's not fought anyone I consider to be a particularly great boxer, be interested to see how he handles a step up in opposition. A year ago when Miura and Uchiyama were at the top of their games would have been interesting, not quite sure Vargas and Corrales are good enough boxers to cause him problems.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 10:43 am

I haven't seen this yet, so can't pass judgement on the fight. But re lomachenko in general, I was fairly underwhelmed with lomo's first few pro fights. You could see glimpese of the talent but I wasn't blown away. Obviously he'd leapt in at the deep end, but he'd had a very lengthy amateur career and some world series 5 rounders to part acclimatise, so i did expect him to hit the ground running.

Clearly it was just a case of getting used to it, as he seems to have upped the ante with his performances since then. He looked really sharp against russell jr and hasn't looked back since. We can say martinez was getting ringworn, walters didn't turn up etc. It's always hard to say, but he's destroying opposition that's meant to test him.

I keep thinking he gets a little square on, often when he's feinting or looking for the sneak left, and looks a little open to a straight right... but no-one seems to be able to hit him with it! He mixes beautifully to head and bod with fast crisp shots and has terrific footwork. At times it's like watching golovkin on fast forward.

Looks the real deal.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 11:21 am

It was a really top class performance from Lomachenko. He completely took away Walters' right hand (which takes some doing considering how unorthodox a punch it is at times) and he did it with movement and angles (rather than tying him in knots).

It would be good to see him clean house at 130. But, while the Salido fight will be made next, I don't imagine GBP will play ball with Vargas (which is a huge shame).

Arum mentioned Salido (at 130), Flanagan (at 135) and then Pacquiao (at 140) in 2017. Not a fan of all that but it's Arum's way (he moved Crawford in line for Pacquiao also) and Lomachenko will fight anyone at any weight.

I really enjoy watching him fight. HBO were comparing him to Whitaker - but with a better offense (not sure that's fair on Pea) so that tells you all you need to know about how well regarded he's becoming.

Last edited by hazharrison on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 11:23 am

He'll fight anyone at any weight but take the path of least resistance to Pacquiao.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 11:27 am

hazharrison wrote:It was a really top class performance from Lomachenko. He completely took away Walters' right hand (which takes some doing considering how unorthodox a punch it is at times) and he did it with movement and angles (rather than tying him in knots).

It would be good to see him clean house at 130. But, while the Salido fight will be made next, I don't imagine GBP will play ball with Vargas (which is a huge shame).

Arum mentioned Salido (at 130), Flanagan (at 135) and then Pacquiao (at 140) in 2017. Not a fan of all that but it's Arum's way (he moved Crawford in line for Pacquiao also) and Lomachenko will fight anyone at any weight.

I really enjoy watching him fight. HBO were comparing him to Whitaker - but with a better offense (not sure that's fait on Pea) so that tells you all you need to know about how well regarded he's becoming.

He wouldn't be as good defensively as Pea, I don't think. But yeah he would probably have a better offence. Throws more variety.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 11:29 am

I don't think you can complain about Siri (considering he beat Lomachenko) but it's a shame he won't fight Vargas (unless GBP surprise us). Flanagan is top three at the weight and no pushover - but again, I'd like to see him face Garcia (should he, as expected, defeat Zlaticanin) and Linares.

If the suggestion is Lomachenko is picking easy fights then that's a bit off beam. Salido, Martinez, Russell and Walters in your first nine fights is astonishing really. I don't recall a precedent in that regard?

If he rattles through the weights this quickly, you'll end up with an odd-looking record that comes with caveats and asterixes. Much prefer to see a fighter clean house at a weight before moving on.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 11:49 am

HBO underrating Pea's offence he was a hell of a body puncher just ask Buddy McGirt  3m34s of the clip,  p.s. sorry to drop a Seckbach video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n2NviIAB8Qw

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 12:03 pm

I like mcgirt, he was a very good fighter, had a good career as a trainer and comes across as well.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum