The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Guest82 on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 11:03 am

Can see this happening to be honest. Makes sense for both of them.

Eddie will have 3 PPV's in 3 months and 2 Wembley Stadium fights in 2 months....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/38312527

Guest82

Posts : 1075
Join date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by AdamT on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 11:05 am

I want to see this fight.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Herman Jaeger on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 11:09 am

Yeah two fighters brutally beaten in their last fights some ppv

Lost it's sheen for me

They need a good a win a piece for this to be ppv worthy

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3240
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by EX7EY on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 11:32 am

I've gone hot and cold on this fight but I would like to see it. Khan has stated he will use Brook as a tune up fight hahaha. He talks a lot Khan doesn't he.

EX7EY

Posts : 531
Join date : 2013-07-22
Age : 33
Location : Salford

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by AdamT on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 11:36 am

Brook can't outbox the kid. Nobody can!!

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by EX7EY on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 11:47 am

AdamT wrote:Brook can't outbox the kid. Nobody can!!

But they can KO him though hahaha. I think this ends with Khan eating a fat slice of humble pie, and if he does lose it's time to retire.

EX7EY

Posts : 531
Join date : 2013-07-22
Age : 33
Location : Salford

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 12:03 pm

I think that Brook can both outbox him and stop him, Khan could be in for a rude awakening.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by AdamT on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 12:24 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I think that Brook can both outbox him and stop him, Khan could be in for a rude awakening.

Me too! Bad fight for Khan. He gets off to the usual decent start, then Brook finds his range around the 3rd or 4th round. Don't think it will pass the halfway stage.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by mobilemaster8 on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 12:29 pm

Dont think Brook can outbox him at all. Think he can time him very well and stop him.

If Khan sticks to his gameplan (which lasts about 4 rounds before he ruins it with bravado and mistakes), he will frustrate Brook for a while.

If Khan avoids a shot, he wins a shutout. He wont avoid a shot, will get lazy, get caught coming in AKA Garcia, and lose.

mobilemaster8

Posts : 4302
Join date : 2012-05-10
Age : 33
Location : Stoke on Trent

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 12:33 pm

Timing beats speed, aside from handspeed I don't see any advantage Khan has.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by AdamT on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 12:35 pm

I watched the Canelo fight again. Canelo was beating Khan by boxing after the second round. As Hammer has said, timing really does beat speed. Khan is pretty reckless when he comes forward. His best bet is to try and fight like a counter puncher and always stay on the outside. He hasn't the discipline to do that for more than a few rounds. Brook will ko him sooner or later.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by hazharrison on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 12:44 pm

Brook will knock Khan out.

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by EX7EY on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 12:51 pm

It really does make me laugh how Khan has said he will use the Brook fight as a tune up for a big fight. He's got delusions of grandeur in a serious way. He has put himself in the elite fighter bracket, alongside Mayweather and Pacquaio. It's hilarious.

EX7EY

Posts : 531
Join date : 2013-07-22
Age : 33
Location : Salford

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by BoxingFan88 on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 1:24 pm

Yes Yes Yes

If Brook gets past Spence that is.... which means Khan is probably banking on him not doing that

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Guest82 on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 2:02 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:Yes Yes Yes

If Brook gets past Spence that is.... which means Khan is probably banking on him not doing that

Pretty sure Brook won't fight Spence now. He'll drop the belt for the easier, more lucrative fight.

Guest82

Posts : 1075
Join date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Herman Jaeger on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 2:04 pm

Big loss of respect if Brook drops his belt

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3240
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Guest82 on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 2:10 pm

Think he'll have to. He's not going to pass on massive money to fight his long time rival on PPV in a stadium.

To be fair, I don't really blame him either.

I think he called Khans bluff a bit as Khan said any fight would have to be Welter. I think he would have fought at light middle for anyone bar Khan.

Guest82

Posts : 1075
Join date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by mobilemaster8 on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 2:38 pm

Guest82 wrote:Think he'll have to.  He's not going to pass on massive money to fight his long time rival on PPV in a stadium.

To be fair, I don't really blame him either.

I think he called Khans bluff a bit as Khan said any fight would have to be Welter.  I think he would have fought at light middle for anyone bar Khan.

Id blame him. He always bangs on about big fights and creating legacy.

Only legacy he has so far is having his face snapped in two by Golovkin and beating Frankie Gavin plus the wars with Carson.

One good win on his record.

He needs a Spence, Thurman, Garcia. Who is Khan these days? Way passed his best, best days at LWW.

Brook by KO but should look to the top ten guys and unifications first

mobilemaster8

Posts : 4302
Join date : 2012-05-10
Age : 33
Location : Stoke on Trent

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Herman Jaeger on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 3:00 pm

Yeah loss of respect from me got to say because Spence is the one we all want to see not as though Spence has just turned up either this will look like a cop out

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3240
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 3:01 pm

I think the fight everyone wants to see is Khan actually.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Herman Jaeger on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 3:03 pm

A guy who got pole axed in his last fight vs an upcoming unbeaten fighter who many are calling a future superstar..

ok hammer whatever you say..

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3240
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 3:06 pm

I don't even think it's up for debate, the fight that the buying public want to see is Khan, in the grand scheme of things nobody has heard of Spence.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by AdamT on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 3:10 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:A guy who got pole axed in his last fight vs an upcoming unbeaten fighter who many are calling a future superstar..

ok hammer whatever you say..

He's right though. Spence is a better fighter than both imo, but Khan and Brook are seen as rivals. It will sell massively over here. Khan has a pretty big following and I imagine that Brooks valiant effort vs GGG will have gained him some new fans. It's a very big fight and I think a great clash of styles.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Herman Jaeger on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 3:18 pm

Two fighters coming off a loss doesn't deserve to be ppv neither of them ever proved they're number one in any division boxing seems like it's just sheer oportunism these days the fighters and their teams conmen

And worse fans condoning dropping of belts

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3240
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by AdamT on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 3:22 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:Two fighters coming off a loss doesn't deserve to be ppv neither of them ever proved they're number one in any division boxing seems like it's just sheer oportunism these days the fighters and their teams conmen

Conor McGregor came off a huge loss and was still the money fight in mma. It's the way it is.

They were coming off two losses to bigger men. They can sell that as their excuse to lose. People in the Uk want to see these two men fight. That includes me. There is also some genuine heat in this one and a l lot of trash talk over the years. It is a chance to see two talented fighters from the same country settle a score.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Herman Jaeger on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 3:29 pm

Just a bit convenient for my liking it's happening now when Spence is mandatory and no way in hell does Khan deserve a ppv wasn't even a close fight his last

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3240
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by AdamT on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 3:29 pm

According to Khan he was winning the fight and a lucky punch. I have to say that isn't what I saw.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Herman Jaeger on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 3:35 pm

Nor me

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3240
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Guest82 on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 3:40 pm

I think this fight is happening because Khan is ready to cash in. Brook would have taken it before any other fight at any stage of his career. Just good luck for him that Spence is his mandatory.

Although, I think he only said he would carry on at Welter to get the Khan fight. I expect he will move up afterwards.

Guest82

Posts : 1075
Join date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Herman Jaeger on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 3:46 pm

Kell not so special one if he ducks Spence

Let's give him the Khan fight first then see what he does

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3240
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Pedro147 on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 3:56 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:Two fighters coming off a loss doesn't deserve to be ppv neither of them ever proved they're number one in any division boxing seems like it's just sheer oportunism these days the fighters and their teams conmen

And worse fans condoning dropping of belts

I think this is the issue, belts are now meaningless nowadays as there's so many of them. People couldn't tell you what belts Mayweather had just that he was the man to beat and the best in the division.

For example, yesterday Vitali Klitschko was named ‘Eternal World Heavyweight Champion’ by the WBC. It's obviously a novelty but again just devalues belts even further.

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/vitali-klitschko-named-eternal-world-heavyweight-champion-by-the-wbc/

Pedro147

Posts : 885
Join date : 2011-03-05

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Herman Jaeger on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 4:10 pm

Eternal lol

With all these belts it just makes it easier for the conmen to flourish and navigate their way round the difficult fights so the fans don't get to see the fights they want this is the way the game's going hence why 2016 was such a poor year in terms of top quality fights

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3240
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by mobilemaster8 on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 4:39 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:Two fighters coming off a loss doesn't deserve to be ppv neither of them ever proved they're number one in any division boxing seems like it's just sheer oportunism these days the fighters and their teams conmen

And worse fans condoning dropping of belts

Bang on the money for me mate!

mobilemaster8

Posts : 4302
Join date : 2012-05-10
Age : 33
Location : Stoke on Trent

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Herman Jaeger on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 4:52 pm

The game's too much of a cynical money making set up now at the highest level and we as fans are consistently not getting the fights we want to see they got it down to a fine art now champions get away with far too many easy defences these days

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3240
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Herman Jaeger on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 5:19 pm

Aren't we jumping the gun a bit though surely Khan won't take the Brook fight now I can't see him taking that fight now could be wrong though

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3240
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by BoxingFan88 on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 5:50 pm

I would blame Brook

He has been saying "I have to fight mandatories", which is fair enough I have defended him

But then when a mandatory worth facing turns up and he doesn't take it, then its a laughable joke

He can fight Khan in the Summer and fight Spence in the Spring

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Jermaine2015 on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 7:12 pm

Brook is a b level fighter. After Spence embarrasses him, he'll be better of heading into retirement

Jermaine2015

Posts : 1274
Join date : 2015-01-30
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by djlovesyou on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 7:38 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:Brook is a b level fighter. After Spence embarrasses him, he'll be better of heading into retirement

Your anti-British wind ups don't tend to be too effective on the boxing board. The People here tend to support the fighter rather than the nation the fighter is from, so people are not always going to be offended when you don't rate any guy that happens to be from the UK.

djlovesyou

Posts : 2283
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Jermaine2015 on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 10:48 pm

djlovesyou wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:Brook is a b level fighter. After Spence embarrasses him, he'll be better of heading into retirement

Your anti-British wind ups don't tend to be too effective on the boxing board. The People here tend to support the fighter rather than the nation the fighter is from, so people are not always going to be offended when you don't rate any guy that happens to be from the UK.
'Anti-British'? Yeah whatever floats your boat...I'd watch the brilliant Carl Frampton any day of the week.

These bums like Brook and Quigg I've got no time for. Face their whole careers padding up their records fighting bums...Brook has faced two top tier fighters out of 37 fights...

Jermaine2015

Posts : 1274
Join date : 2015-01-30
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by BoxingFan88 on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 9:47 am

Jermaine2015 wrote:
djlovesyou wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:Brook is a b level fighter. After Spence embarrasses him, he'll be better of heading into retirement

Your anti-British wind ups don't tend to be too effective on the boxing board. The People here tend to support the fighter rather than the nation the fighter is from, so people are not always going to be offended when you don't rate any guy that happens to be from the UK.
'Anti-British'? Yeah whatever floats your boat...I'd watch the brilliant Carl Frampton any day of the week.

These bums like Brook and Quigg I've got no time for. Face their whole careers padding up their records fighting bums...Brook has faced two top tier fighters out of 37 fights...

Brook is a bum?

Based on what exactly?

He passes the eye test, which is all we have to go on

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Jermaine2015 on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 1:33 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:
djlovesyou wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:Brook is a b level fighter. After Spence embarrasses him, he'll be better of heading into retirement

Your anti-British wind ups don't tend to be too effective on the boxing board. The People here tend to support the fighter rather than the nation the fighter is from, so people are not always going to be offended when you don't rate any guy that happens to be from the UK.
'Anti-British'? Yeah whatever floats your boat...I'd watch the brilliant Carl Frampton any day of the week.

These bums like Brook and Quigg I've got no time for. Face their whole careers padding up their records fighting bums...Brook has faced two top tier fighters out of 37 fights...

Brook is a bum?

Based on what exactly?

He passes the eye test, which is all we have to go on
Aside from beating Porter, his signature victory is against a journeyman called Carson Jones...

Jermaine2015

Posts : 1274
Join date : 2015-01-30
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by EX7EY on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 2:05 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:
djlovesyou wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:Brook is a b level fighter. After Spence embarrasses him, he'll be better of heading into retirement

Your anti-British wind ups don't tend to be too effective on the boxing board. The People here tend to support the fighter rather than the nation the fighter is from, so people are not always going to be offended when you don't rate any guy that happens to be from the UK.
'Anti-British'? Yeah whatever floats your boat...I'd watch the brilliant Carl Frampton any day of the week.

These bums like Brook and Quigg I've got no time for. Face their whole careers padding up their records fighting bums...Brook has faced two top tier fighters out of 37 fights...

Brook is a bum?

Based on what exactly?

He passes the eye test, which is all we have to go on
Aside from beating Porter, his signature victory is against a journeyman called Carson Jones...

Ok, so we completely disregard his best victory and judge him on everything else? I see your posts often, nothing but a WUM.

EX7EY

Posts : 531
Join date : 2013-07-22
Age : 33
Location : Salford

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Jermaine2015 on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 2:14 pm

Disregarding the fight with Golovkin, 36 wins for Brook at his own weight class. Shawn Porter the only top 10 ranked fighter. Brook's record is padded up fighting bums and bin men.

Jermaine2015

Posts : 1274
Join date : 2015-01-30
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by EX7EY on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 2:40 pm

Regardless, he went out to the US and took the belt off an unbeaten champion. You can't just dismiss that in order to validate your argument. I have been a critic of Brooks opposition since becoming champion but he showed balls in fighting GGG and despite the result he showed skills. Not to mention a seriously good chin. Some of the shots he took would have had half the middle weight division seeing stars but Brook took them and came back for more. He has now stated that it is big fights only and I actually beleive him, so I'm prepared to judge him on what he does now rather than continue to whine about his current record and call him a bum. All fighters have padded out records nowadays, if he takes 4 or 5 big fights before he calls it a day and gets some good wins under his belt theres no way he could be called a bum.

EX7EY

Posts : 531
Join date : 2013-07-22
Age : 33
Location : Salford

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by BoxingFan88 on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 3:55 pm

See I thought Porter beat Thurman, so that's how good Porter is

He also smacked Broner around, even though he got slapped with a rehydration clause

Spence vs Porter or Pacquiao vs Porter are fights I want to see

Brook is arguably #1 at Welterweight

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by huw on Fri 16 Dec 2016, 1:18 pm

Brook as a World Champion gives him some pulling power when negotiating a fight.

Brook beating a name (Khan) and selling out a stadium shows him as a big draw financially and gives him far more pulling power when negotiating fights.

For Brook to get the big names and a favourable purse for them he needs the Khan fight (and win) more than the title....

huw

Posts : 1211
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by AdamT on Fri 16 Dec 2016, 2:04 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:See I thought Porter beat Thurman, so that's how good Porter is

He also smacked Broner around, even though he got slapped with a rehydration clause

Spence vs Porter or Pacquiao vs Porter are fights I want to see

Brook is arguably #1 at Welterweight

Spence is the best Welter until Floyd comes back!

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Fri 16 Dec 2016, 3:03 pm

He's not beaten anyone nor is even a belt holder, the hype around Spence is a bit much.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by BoxingFan88 on Fri 16 Dec 2016, 3:31 pm

AdamT wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:See I thought Porter beat Thurman, so that's how good Porter is

He also smacked Broner around, even though he got slapped with a rehydration clause

Spence vs Porter or Pacquiao vs Porter are fights I want to see

Brook is arguably #1 at Welterweight

Spence is the best Welter until Floyd comes back!

Haha

We will see

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Dylan1979 on Sat 17 Dec 2016, 12:06 pm

Brook should fight Spence next for sure.

Khan is an easy fight for Brook, better money but Spence is the bigger test, plus he's the mando.

If Brook does take the Spence option, then his camp MUST insist on VADA testing, not USADA. Haymon has USADA in his pocket, take a close look at Spence, his last two fights compared to all his previous fights....physically he looks TRANSFORMED!!

Dylan1979

Posts : 224
Join date : 2016-11-23

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum