The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

+15
smashingstormcrow
TRUSSMAN66
Dylan1979
huw
djlovesyou
Jermaine2015
Pedro147
BoxingFan88
hazharrison
mobilemaster8
Hammersmith harrier
EX7EY
Herman Jaeger
AdamT
Guest82
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' - Page 2 Empty Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Guest82 Wed 14 Dec 2016, 11:03 am

First topic message reminder :

Can see this happening to be honest. Makes sense for both of them.

Eddie will have 3 PPV's in 3 months and 2 Wembley Stadium fights in 2 months....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/38312527

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Dylan1979 Sat 17 Dec 2016, 12:08 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:See I thought Porter beat Thurman, so that's how good Porter is

He also smacked Broner around, even though he got slapped with a rehydration clause

Spence vs Porter or Pacquiao vs Porter are fights I want to see

Brook is arguably #1 at Welterweight

Spence is the best Welter until Floyd comes back!

Haha

We will see

Spence is the best Welter based on what?

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight' - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan & Brook 'in talks for 2017 fight'

Post by Dylan1979 Sat 17 Dec 2016, 12:46 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:See I thought Porter beat Thurman, so that's how good Porter is

He also smacked Broner around, even though he got slapped with a rehydration clause

Spence vs Porter or Pacquiao vs Porter are fights I want to see

Brook is arguably #1 at Welterweight

Agree - Porter beat Thurman in the ring, Judges screwed him thanks to Haymon. After that defeat, Porter was nowhere to be seen on any of the rankings..WTF!!

Haymon makes more money from a Thurman victory than a Porter victory. He gets a bigger % off Thurman than he does Porter, it's why Porter keeps getting screwed by PBC.

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Jan 2017, 9:13 pm

All the questions are on Brook for me...The eye will be a problem...He's also been soundly beaten in his last fight...Forget all this great fight with GGG Hearn crap...He spent five rounds being worn down with the odd decent spell.....Khan was ahead against Canelo by consensus so I imagine his confidence hasn't been harmed..

Khan should sign...The aces are in his pack.

Khan by technical stoppage when Brook's eye goes... in 9..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 04 Jan 2017, 10:21 pm

I agree with some aspects of your post Truss....But genuienly can't see Khan stopping Brook. Even though he may have eye problems...Khan isn't a big puncher, never sits down on them (and when he does he gets punched harder in his own grid and usually knocked out or wobbled).......And he just won't fight to the game plan

Big crowd, loads of excitement, he will end up outboxing and frustrating Brook....Until he is caught around 7-9and ultimately knocked into next year.....Then he will retire...With a massive fat pay packet.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Jan 2017, 10:32 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:I agree with some aspects of your post Truss....But genuienly can't see Khan stopping Brook. Even though he may have eye problems...Khan isn't a big puncher, never sits down on them (and when he does he gets punched harder in his own grid and usually knocked out or wobbled).......And he just won't fight to the game plan

Big crowd, loads of excitement, he will end up outboxing and frustrating Brook....Until he is caught around 7-9and ultimately knocked into next year.....Then he will retire...With a massive fat pay packet.

I can't see him stopping Brook normally..But I don't trust that eye..

It's a problem..and he'll be sensitive everytime he takes a dig on it.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Thu 05 Jan 2017, 12:11 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Khan was ahead against Canelo by consensus so I imagine his confidence hasn't been harmed..

I like Khan (always have done) in as much as he's fast, skilful and entertaining. But being ahead on the cards is a bit pointless if you're then going to drop your hands at close range. Gut feeling is that Brook would just need to be patient and exploit Khan's lack of discipline, like Canelo and Garcia did.

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 05 Jan 2017, 12:31 pm

Khan will have no problems with Brook. I fully expect him to win by a late stoppage or a wide points margin

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Jan 2017, 2:03 pm

smashingstormcrow wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Khan was ahead against Canelo by consensus so I imagine his confidence hasn't been harmed..

I like Khan (always have done) in as much as he's fast, skilful and entertaining. But being ahead on the cards is a bit pointless if you're then going to drop your hands at close range. Gut feeling is that Brook would just need to be patient and exploit Khan's lack of discipline, like Canelo and Garcia did.

You make it sound so easy to beat Khan....

I injured my shoulder weight training years ago......When I started Benching again it was hard to concentrate properly on the pecs because I was worried whether it would give...

Everytime Brook gets hit on that eye which he will......and Khan for me has a quicker jab and a better one.....Though Brook is a better all round Boxer.

He's going to worry about it.......It's human nature..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 05 Jan 2017, 2:25 pm

Agree with what you say about Brook's eye Trussy. Khan will be doing everything he can to target it. Brook will have doubts and unless he gets in there and KO's Khan early it WILL weigh heavily on his mind. I still think that Brook has the tools to eventually finish Khan, but if that eye gives any issues, it's Khan's fight.

Aside from the fact he's got nowhere else to go, I reckon that's the only reason Khan wants the fight - Brook is damaged.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 05 Jan 2017, 2:32 pm

Unless the eye gives way at any second then I can't see Brook losing to Khan if they boxed ten times. The fight won't ever happen though imo and you can't ever say Brook didn't try

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Jan 2017, 2:39 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:Agree with what you say about Brook's eye Trussy. Khan will be doing everything he can to target it. Brook will have doubts and unless he gets in there and KO's Khan early it WILL weigh heavily on his mind. I still think that Brook has the tools to eventually finish Khan, but if that eye gives any issues, it's Khan's fight.

Aside from the fact he's got nowhere else to go, I reckon that's the only reason Khan wants the fight - Brook is damaged.

Couldn't agree more......Along with the eye remember the weight.....

Brook bulked up for GGG.....If he had weight problems before they are going to be worse now...

147 is a big advantage for Khan.....Remember Oscar v Manny...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Thu 05 Jan 2017, 4:44 pm

I don't think it's "easy" to beat Khan... he's beaten some very respectable names, he's fast on his feet and moves in and out well. But the probability of Khan losing focus, and Brook landing on the button seems quite high to me..

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Jan 2017, 4:56 pm

Fair enough...Who knows what will happen..

The shots Canelo and Garcia landed would have decked most fighters..

Brook has to find the perfect spot and I don't think he will....The weight and eye will be too big a factor..

But let us hope it happens..A good PPV for a change.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 05 Jan 2017, 4:57 pm

Khan would gain a lot of respect from boxing fans were he to beat Brook the kind of respect he just couldn't gain from beating the likes of Collazo and Alexander even though those two particularly Alexander weren't bad wins

He won't take the fight though sadly imo to use his own words he's going to be a cu nt about it

He has a real obsession with Brook..

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Jan 2017, 5:11 pm

The likes of Alexander??

He was a good fighter and it was a good win like Maidana.

Give it a rest.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 05 Jan 2017, 6:01 pm

Khan gets plenty of respect

Then he opens his mouth

He isn't giving the UK fans the fight we want to see

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Jan 2017, 7:39 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:Khan gets plenty of respect

If Khan won on points you'd be saying Brook won in slow motion..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 05 Jan 2017, 8:57 pm

I genuinely don't think the fight lasts long enough for the eye to even come into consideration, easy to say without him proving it but Brook simply looks a level above Khan, just hope he gets a chance to prove it. Brook should then fight Spence or another of the top Welterweights, he's wasted too much of his supreme talent fighting B/C level boxers.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 05 Jan 2017, 11:00 pm

Khan has grown on me in some recent videos. He is still slightly deluded, but be seems a nice fella and gives it a go.

Now I have two questions to ask.

Was he really up against Canelo? Canelo was finding his range before the ko.

More importantly, what will happen when Brook hits him hard on the button?

I actually think this fight will mirror the Canelo one and predict a mid round stoppage. Khan will definitely have his moments.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 06 Jan 2017, 7:53 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:Khan gets plenty of respect

If Khan won on points you'd be saying Brook won in slow motion..

If Brook did win in slow motion do much better than the corrupt TBE fan club believes then yes

You realise mocking that isn't an insult, if people can prove something with analysis and the other person can't then I don't need to prove anything to you Hug

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Fri 06 Jan 2017, 12:21 pm

Can't see Brook being stopped even if (and it is a if) the eye isn't 100%

He took 5 gruelling and action packed rounds with the hardest punching middleweight of this era when he's just a welterweight

You have to go back to the lightweight journeyman Molina (2012) and before that the past it Judah (2011) for khans last 2 knockout wins

Khan is deluded, yes he was winning against Canelo but the writing was on the wall from the 4th round Canelo had adjusted and began timing khan

After that round he was flat out outboxing Khan.....not outgunning khan.....outboxing him

Then Khan does what he always does and makes a big mistake, the right hand from Canelo came from a long way away an elite boxer (especially one with khans speed) should've seen it coming and avoided it

Khans only chance is if GGG took something away from Brook and that eye is a major problem
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 06 Jan 2017, 1:49 pm

Baby faced assassin wrote:Can't see Brook being stopped even if (and it is a if) the eye isn't 100%

He took 5 gruelling and action packed rounds with the hardest punching middleweight of this era when he's just a welterweight

You have to go back to the lightweight journeyman Molina (2012) and before that the past it Judah (2011) for khans last 2 knockout wins

Khan is deluded, yes he was winning against Canelo but the writing was on the wall from the 4th round Canelo had adjusted and began timing khan

After that round he was flat out outboxing Khan.....not outgunning khan.....outboxing him

Then Khan does what he always does and makes a big mistake, the right hand from Canelo came from a long way away an elite boxer (especially one with khans speed) should've seen it coming and avoided it

Khans only chance is if GGG took something away from Brook and that eye is a major problem

khan has been stopped twice in nine years and its so easy.......I don't know why Maidana...Alexander and Paulie couldn't do it..

He's so easy to beat I can't understand why everyone wants to see him fight Brook in a superfight...

Shame on P4Per Canelo taking 6 rounds to find Khan's chin....It's so easy it should have been all over in seconds..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 06 Jan 2017, 1:58 pm

Brook's not a huge puncher, his ko percentage is decent but it's usually volume stoppages rather than one punch... he throws a lot of arrrm punches, as Jim might have said. Granted Khan has been stiffed by other not noted punchers, but I don't think it's a given that brook will stop him. Depends on how frequently he gets through, or if he just tries to throw bombs. Khan has hung in there when shipping plenty of leather (though he's been steered clear of heavy handed opposition) .... it's dropping his hands or getting countered by huge shots he doesn't see that has plagued him.

That said, I used to like Khan for this stylistically, but as time goes by, brook has looked sharper, Khan less so. The eye is a caveat but it depends  how it heals. I favour brook now, I think he can hold his own from a boxing perspective while looking to land big counters and/or waiting for Khan to give him a free shot... but no result in this one would shock me.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 06 Jan 2017, 2:35 pm

Dylan1979 wrote:Brook should fight Spence next for sure.

Khan is an easy fight for Brook, better money but Spence is the bigger test, plus he's the mando.

If Brook does take the Spence option, then his camp MUST insist on VADA testing, not USADA. Haymon has USADA in his pocket, take a close look at Spence, his last two fights compared to all his previous fights....physically he looks TRANSFORMED!!

Brook, too, was transformed physically after the Carson Jones fight. There may not be an appetite for VADA testing from either side.
What a shame this didn’t happen last summer. Now we’re left with one fighter (in Khan) who is very likely damaged goods and another (in Brook) who is likely to struggle to weigh in and has a suspect eye injury.

A fighter’s punch resistance tends to wane after each occasion they’re badly buzzed/wobbled/hurt/knocked out. That isn’t always the case these days, where modern powders and potions appear to allow fighters to go on forever and evade the sort of brain injuries that were commonplace decades ago (I’m always amazed that Holyfield can string a sentence together, for instance, and the length of time Pacquiao has managed to stay at top level). Derry Mathews, for example, went from shot to rejuvenated mid-way through his career.

And so maybe Khan won’t be completely shot to smithereens but the Canelo KO can’t have done him any favours. I’d wager that one good pop on the chin would do for him at this point – and Brook is an accurate, sharp puncher. I’d take Brook to win inside the distance, though there are so many intangibles here – largely due to the poor manner they were moved last year (bank balances aside).

Will this sell out Wembley Stadium? I can’t gauge these things these days. I laughed when Froch vs Groves landed there, only for them to sell it out (rumours are there were 80, 000 people there).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 06 Jan 2017, 2:37 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Baby faced assassin wrote:Can't see Brook being stopped even if (and it is a if) the eye isn't 100%

khan has been stopped twice in nine years and its so easy.......I don't know why Maidana...Alexander and Paulie couldn't do it..

He's so easy to beat I can't understand why everyone wants to see him fight Brook in a superfight...

Shame on P4Per Canelo taking 6 rounds to find Khan's chin....It's so easy it should have been all over in seconds..

I must admit, I was surprised Paulie didn't knock him out considering his KO %.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Thu 12 Jan 2017, 4:27 pm

Eddie saying Brook is in talks with Pacquiao as part of his 'world tour'. Pac fighting some aussie next, potentially Brook afterwards.

Khan on Talksport this morning saying he won't fight Brook if it is not for the title. Said he knows Brook has his mandatory (Spence) to fight before Khan and that he doesn't have respect for fighters that don't fight their mandatory. I think he's hoping Brook will lose to Spence and he can save himself the embarrassment of getting knocked out.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 12 Jan 2017, 5:21 pm

Guest82 wrote:Eddie saying Brook is in talks with Pacquiao as part of his 'world tour'.  Pac fighting some aussie next, potentially Brook afterwards.

Khan on Talksport this morning saying he won't fight Brook if it is not for the title.  Said he knows Brook has his mandatory (Spence) to fight before Khan and that he doesn't have respect for fighters that don't fight their mandatory.  I think he's hoping Brook will lose to Spence and he can save himself the embarrassment of getting knocked out.

Exactly what I think as well

He is hoping Brook can't beat Spence, or drops the belt, either way he has an excuse then

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2