The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Munster Nucifora's Pet Province?

+30
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
The Great Aukster
glamorganalun
TheMildlyFranticLlama
SecretFly
Don Alfonso
toml
GunsGermsV2
Scottrf
brennomac
clivemcl
Rory_Gallagher
Redman
Golden
Maine man
marty2086
Pot Hale
Geen sport voor watjes
Engine#4
eirebilly
Recwatcher16
thebandwagonsociety
Sin é
profitius
St John The Enforcer
Pete330v2
geoff999rugby
rodders
formerly known as Sam
Kingshu
34 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Munster Nucifora's Pet Province? - Page 4 Empty Munster Nucifora's Pet Province?

Post by Kingshu Tue 20 Dec - 12:29

First topic message reminder :

I think it was another reporter in the same paper said that Nucifora may be taking Munster on as a sort of personal project, getting Erasmus (his man) in and getting them on the right path again, it can be taken with a pinch of salt but reading more

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/munster-rugby/ruaidhri-oconnor-ben-smith-capture-would-catapult-munster-back-to-the-top-table-35307339.html

"Talk of Ben Smith joining Munster...... the province may have sought outside help to bring Smith in. IRFU performance director Nucifora has spoken of his willingness to get private investors involved."

"Erasmus is working hard to increase his options next season, with Irish-qualified trio Chris Farrell, JJ Hanrahan and James Hart on the way, while Munster are likely to be allowed retain one of Jaco Taute or Francis Saili."

"Rhys Marshall, a project player from New Zealand, has already joined and uncapped South African prop Oliver Kebble has been linked with a move."

Munster couldn't afford their stadium repayments last year and are now in talks with Smith?

How much of this is true?

How much is down to Munster, and how much Nucifora?

How can Munster get Hart to be behind Murray, and have Pienaar leave Ulster? (why is Nucifora not making this an Ulster move to replace Pienaar)
Allowed an NIQ center forever and add a NIQ fullback, yet they have not produced any centers and have to relay on former Ulster ones Farrell, and Arnold?

If any of this is true fair play to Munster, but if its true and Nucifora is involved I wouldn't be as happy.
How can Nucifora push through all this for Munster who have limited finances, yet can't assit in moving some backrows to Ulster?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Munster Nucifora's Pet Province? - Page 4 Empty Re: Munster Nucifora's Pet Province?

Post by rodders Tue 24 Jan - 15:35

Sin é wrote:
There was talk about Killer going to France, but his new contract is until 2020 which is just brilliant.

Yeah because looseheads who can't scrummage are in big demand... Munster have been had, well done that mans agent.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Munster Nucifora's Pet Province? - Page 4 Empty Re: Munster Nucifora's Pet Province?

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 24 Jan - 15:50

profitius wrote:JJ, Hart and Farrell confirmed! Great to see JJ coming back

Is Hart any good?

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue 24 Jan - 15:51

marty2086 wrote:

Ulster get Cooney, Munster get Hart no favouritism involved there

Hart wants to learn from a world class scrumhalf, not Paul Marshall OK Run
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue 24 Jan - 15:52

GunsGermsV2 wrote:

Is Hart any good?

Don't know. But I doubt if ROG would offload someone completely useless to Munster.

Anyone know what Chris Farrell is like - is he more Jamie Roberts or Robbie Henshaw?
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 24 Jan - 15:53

Sin é wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Hart wants to learn from a world class scrumhalf, not Paul Marshall OK  Run

Jeez I know you guys in Munster talk some rubbish but calling Duncan Williams world class really is something else Whistle

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 24 Jan - 15:54

Sin é wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:

Is Hart any good?

Don't know. But I doubt if ROG would offload  someone completely useless to Munster.

Anyone know what Chris Farrell is like - is he more Jamie Roberts or Robbie Henshaw?

Farrells somewhere in between, has the power and the step and can defend too

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 24 Jan - 15:55

Surprised to see Farrell sign for Munster. There havent been too many Ulster lads over the years willing to play for other provinces.

Niall O'Connor and Willie Faloon the only others I can think of. Any others?

Last edited by GunsGermsV2 on Tue 24 Jan - 15:57; edited 1 time in total

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue 24 Jan - 15:55

marty2086 wrote:
Sin é wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Hart wants to learn from a world class scrumhalf, not Paul Marshall OK  Run

Jeez I know you guys in Munster talk some rubbish but calling Duncan Williams world class really is something else Whistle

Our Dunc will show him him a thing or two thumbsup
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue 24 Jan - 15:57

GunsGermsV2 wrote:Surprised to see Farrell sign for Munster. There havent been too many Ulster lads over the years willing to play for other provinces.

Niall O'Connor and Willie Faloon the only others I can think of.

Munster also have Sam Arnold and Sean Duigan had been in Ulster Academy - mind you, both of those came through the Exiles.

Timmy Ryan I think spent a season in Ulster (but there are few clubs left he hasn't played for) Very Happy
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 24 Jan - 15:59

Sin é wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:Surprised to see Farrell sign for Munster. There havent been too many Ulster lads over the years willing to play for other provinces.

Munster also have Sam Arnold and Sean Duigan had been in Ulster Academy - mind you, both of those came through the Exiles.

Sean Dougall came through Ulster and Bealham, Stevenson and Carey were in the Ulster academy now at Connacht and they had Mark McCrea before too

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 24 Jan - 16:00

All to Connacht strangely. Fair nuff Good list.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by toml Tue 24 Jan - 19:19

Sin é wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:

Is Hart any good?

Don't know. But I doubt if ROG would offload  someone completely useless to Munster.

He is a big unit, good hands i think

toml

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Wed 25 Jan - 11:16

toml wrote:
Sin é wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:

Is Hart any good?

He's neither a Roberts or Henshaw, more of a McCloskey.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 27 Jan - 12:30

Top home attendances for Champs Cup this season.

1.  Munster Rugby 77,400
 2.  Leinster Rugby 70,059
 3.  Bordeaux Bègles 63,399

The benefits of having a winning team playing in its own 26,200 stadium.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f37/16/53/77/41/screen10.png
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 27 Jan - 12:53

For comparison to last year

17,763 V Benetton Treviso
22,261 v Leicester Tigers
18,884 V Stade Français

Total 58908

In fairness, Benetton Treviso were not that big a draw, but against Stade Français is a little disappointing, maybe due to losing at home to Tigers. Munster were still getting decent crowds when not in the best of form, but winning teams do pull in the bigger crowds, thats just sport.

Great to see Thomand packed again.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Fri 27 Jan - 12:55

marty2086 wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Sean Dougall came through Ulster and Bealham, Stevenson and Carey were in the Ulster academy now at Connacht and they had Mark McCrea before too

Porter. McComish as well.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 27 Jan - 13:07

Don Alfonso wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Porter. McComish as well.

Remembered Porter afterwards but didn't want to remind anyone of McComish, we don't want Connacht holding that against us

Though did he come through the academy?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 27 Jan - 13:17

Pete330v2 wrote:
toml wrote:
Sin é wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:

Is Hart any good?

He's better than Henshaw but not as good as McCloskey thumbsup
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 27 Jan - 15:03

ROG gave him a good review in his column in examiner today.

Ronan O'Gara wrote:What is certain is that Munster has got a serious talent in Grenoble’s Chris Farrell, who is a completely underappreciated talent. I think he is a fantastic player. He’s 6ft 5ins I promise you, and has great feet.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/ronan-ogara/ronan-o39gara-30-surreal-hours-in-limerick-441061.html
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 27 Jan - 15:10

Sin é wrote:ROG gave him a good review in his column in examiner today.

Ronan O'Gara wrote:What is certain is that Munster has got a serious talent in Grenoble’s Chris Farrell, who is a completely underappreciated talent. I think he is a fantastic player. He’s 6ft 5ins I promise you, and has great feet.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/ronan-ogara/ronan-o39gara-30-surreal-hours-in-limerick-441061.html

Hes just obviously been reading what I said about him, so unoriginal Rolling Eyes

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 27 Jan - 17:24

"He's 6' 5", I promise you"

What does Ronan mean by that line? Did he think Munster might first take out a tape measure due to lack of belief that the player was the height he claimed to be?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sun 29 Jan - 15:55

SecretFly wrote:"He's 6' 5", I promise you"

What does Ronan mean by that line?  Did he think Munster might first take out a tape measure due to lack of belief that the player was the height he claimed to be?

If ROG says he is 6'5'', he is 6'5''. Wink

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sun 29 Jan - 15:57

Looks like naming rights for Thomond Park are up for sale again.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/munsters-hunt-for-naming-rights-deal-ramps-up-35404929.html

Note this paragraph:

The province has been in the news in recent times about its debt situation. Fitzgerald says Munster's commitments have recently been restructured, saying that happened "predominantly because of the economic situation and the recession and how it affected our income". Ticket sales had become sluggish but have now started to improve in tandem with the province's fortunes on the pitch.

"We spent in excess of €40m on Thomond Park and there's just over €9m now owed on it ten years later, which is a really positive position. We restructured the debt recently and we're meeting all our commitments on the restructured agreement as we stand at the moment," Fitzgerald said. "The naming rights is part of the commercial programme . . . if the naming rights never happened we're still meeting our restructured commitments." Fitzgerald said.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Sun 29 Jan - 19:53

Chris Farrell is about 6ft 3ins - definitely not 6ft 5ins

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 30 Jan - 13:07

geoff999rugby wrote:Chris Farrell is about 6ft 3ins - definitely not 6ft 5ins

6ft 3&3/10ins actually!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Mon 30 Jan - 14:16

So what you guys appear to be saying is that Ronan O'Gara likes to dabble in 'fake news'? Smile

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 4 Mar - 18:10

Terrible game between Cardiff and Munster, conditions may not be great but it is truly an awful game.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 4 Mar - 18:13

Who is winning?

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 4 Mar - 18:14

Cardiff 6 - 3 Munster
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 4 Mar - 18:33

Blues defence is poor Munster not great in this game. Suspect Munster will win

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 4 Mar - 18:40

Morgan invisible in defence again.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 4 Mar - 18:42

If Munster win this, I will be surprised. I cant believe I am going to say this but the early loss of Keatley has affected Munster badly.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 4 Mar - 19:24

Smash and grab. That's about the best I can describe that win for Munster.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sun 5 Mar - 10:48

rodders wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:
toml wrote:
Sin é wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:

Is Hart any good?

He's better than Henshaw but not as good as McCloskey thumbsup

Farrell isn't as good as McCloskey - it's the top 2 inches and nothing to do with height.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 5 Mar - 12:51

As far as I'm aware, Farrell is a different sort of player from McCloskey. He is more of a rangy runner, with a lanky sort of build. Almost built like a Tom Croft and he prefers playing at 13 where he gets more space in the wider channels. 

He made Henshaw look average last season when they came head to head. Quite easily put him on his bum at one stage.

I like Farrell. I think he still has a good shot at further honours.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Thu 16 Mar - 12:22

Munster sign veteran Springbok lock to cover Foley and Kleyn absences

http://www.the42.ie/munster-sign-jean-deysel-3291157-Mar2017/

Thats 8 NIQ until the end of the season,

Ulster with 6, will Ulster be allowed a NIQ joker for Coetzee this time?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Thu 16 Mar - 14:29

I have nothing against Munster signing a medical joker, but to be allowed 3 NIQ locks, and to keep another medical joker until the end of the season if does appear Munster are being favoured by Nucifora/IRFU

It certainly helps Munster in their European push and I'm glad for it, a good run by them in European benefits us all, and I hope Munster and Leinster do well. Its just that the rules do not appear to being applied to all the provinces consistently.

This isn't Munsters fault, they applied for a NIQ joker just the same as any other province would, but were others are being declined Munster seam to be given more leeway.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 16 Mar - 14:37

Chisholm, Kleyn & Dave Foley* are injured which leaves Donnacha Ryan & Billy Holland left.

*Needs an operation on his hand.

Munster are still involved in the B&I Cup.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 16 Mar - 14:38

Sin é wrote:Chisholm, Kleyn & Dave Foley* are injured which leaves Donnacha Ryan & Billy Holland left.

Nope Chisholms back

http://www.the42.ie/munster-injury-update-mark-chisholm-3262242-Feb2017/

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 16 Mar - 14:39

marty2086 wrote:
Sin é wrote:Chisholm, Kleyn & Dave Foley* are injured which leaves Donnacha Ryan & Billy Holland left.

Nope Chisholms back

He is back training, but word is he will not play again for Munster. Family are on their way back to Australia.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 16 Mar - 14:41

Sin é wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Nope Chisholms back

He is back training, but word is he will not play again for Munster. Family are on their way back to Australia.

So he's training with them, they are paying him but have no intention of playing him and sign another player to cover and the IRFU sign off on it?

picard

No wonder their finances are a mess

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 16 Mar - 14:44

marty2086 wrote:
Sin é wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Nope Chisholms back

So he's training with them, they are paying him but have no intention of playing him and sign another player to cover and the IRFU sign off on it?

picard

No wonder their finances are a mess

He has a 2 year contract which is up at the end of this season, so its up to Munster to look after him (including getting him back to full fitness).
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 16 Mar - 14:46

They have a player who can do the job yet are allowed to sign someone else to do it, it's pretty poor form

God forbid though that Munster had to find someone IQ or a young guy in the academy who could be a backup

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Thu 16 Mar - 15:08

What about John Madigan, Sean McCarthy, Darren O'Shea, or the academy Sean O'Connor, Fineen Wycherley

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 16 Mar - 15:47

John Madigan, Darren O'Shea have a B&I Cup semi final on 1/2 April (same weekend as Champs Cup QF v Toulouse.

Sean McCarthy (knee) and Sean O'Connor (ankle) injuries.

Wycherly should be available for B&I Cup.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Thu 16 Mar - 16:05

Sin é wrote:John Madigan, Darren O'Shea have a B&I Cup semi final on 1/2 April (same weekend as Champs Cup QF v Toulouse.

Sean McCarthy (knee) and Sean O'Connor (ankle) injuries.

Wycherly should be available for B&I Cup.

Gavin Coombs, Evan Mintern, Dave O'Callaghan all listed on the senior or A team, as lock or lock/Backrow as well

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Thu 16 Mar - 16:09

So Munster need the medical joker as they only have Donnacha Ryan, Billy Holland , Gavin Coombs, Evan Mintern, Dave O'Callaghan, John Madigan, Darren O'Shea and Fineen Wycherley available to cover lock?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 16 Mar - 16:31

The few (3) B&I Cup games Gavin Coombes has played have been in the backrow. Evan Mintern isn't even in the Munster Academy yet. Dave O'Callaghan is a backrower, John Madigan & Darren O'Shea are needed for B&I Cup and possibly Wycherley to sub.

Munster are playing Toulouse in QF - it would be possitively dangerous to let those young lads play in that game - they are just not conditioned to play against a Champs Cup pack.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Thu 16 Mar - 16:43

Hasn't Copeland covered second row before as well?

Anyway I look forward to hearing who Ulsters Medical Joker is for Coetzee is.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 16 Mar - 21:52

Kingshu wrote:Hasn't Copeland covered second row before as well?

Anyway I look forward to hearing who Ulsters Medical Joker is for Coetzee is.

Copeland played once for Cardiff and once for Munster at lock - both in the Pro12 games.

Munster is still in the Champs Cup, B&I Cup and on track for a playoff place in the Pro12. Apart from the chances are of an injury to Ryan or Holland, it would be financial suicide (for Munster & IRFU) not to try and make the finals of these three competitions.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next