The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS

+7
davidl1061
braveheart101
AberdeenSteve
Fernando
Kay Fabe
Crimey
Young_Towzer
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS - Page 2 Empty ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS

Post by Young_Towzer Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

Capello needs to start picking players by form and not who they are we are in for years more depressive england teams.

PHONEYS OUT, GIVE THE UNTESTED A TRY!

GLEN JOHNSON
Finished. Literally nothing at all left to offer, especially at international level, he's slow, he can't defend, can't tackle, offers little going forward no more.
Who's Better? Kyle Walker, Danny Simpson are much better defensive wise and better athletes

STEWART DOWNING
Cant do nothing apart from whip in a ball, but let's be honest we aint short of better wingers either in the squad or the country, Milner, Young, Adam Johnson run at defenders, i've seen this lad play first hand for Boro, he's so overrated its untrue.
Who's Better? Matthew Etherington is twice the player he is, Adam Johnson.

GARETH BARRY
Slow, ineffective, over hyped. Not needed, the list goes on. Played a huge part in Germany destroying us in South Africa, i've seen bulldogs keep up with whippets quicker than he got to Ozil/Muller.
Who's Better? Joey Barton is twice what he'll ever be, Kevin Nolan, Mark Noble, Scott Parker.

PETER CROUCH
Don't have a genuine lump of drift wood telling people 'i'll retire', do it and bring in:
Nicky Maynard, Jay Rodriguez, Daniel Sturridge, all untested but the tested are tired & tested.

JOE HART
You cant polish a TERD, this lad makes mistake after mistake, if it had been David James in goal saturday he would of been crusified.
Who's better? Green, Carson, Joe Lewis, Lee Camp


RECOVERY STEPS, GET THE PHONEYS OUT!

DOWNING, BARRY, HART, CROUCH, GLEN JOHNSON,

GIVE THESE A GO
ETHERINGTON, MUAMBA, MAYNARD, BARTON, NOLAN, KYLE WALKER

Young_Towzer

Posts : 1618
Join date : 2011-04-24
Age : 33

Back to top Go down


ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS - Page 2 Empty Re: ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS

Post by Crimey Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:39 pm

I agree that he shouldn't take Defoe, but I'm saying that Capello is more likely to take Defoe than Sturridge.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16490
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 28
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS - Page 2 Empty Re: ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS

Post by braveheart101 Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:05 pm

I dont think it matters who Capello picks most of the England squad seem more interested in money than international football so I cant see any success in the forseable future. Unless the FA appoint a proven man manager England will always be also rans at European and World Cup Finals.

braveheart101

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 46
Location : Inverness

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS - Page 2 Empty Re: ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:30 pm

I think the reason Dawson only has 4 caps is because Ferdinand and Terry have been performing well for so many years that it didn't really leave a spot for a new, young centre back to challenge. Like someone said (Leak?) Terry will go because he's captain.

As for future success... I really believe hiring Stuart Pearce as the senior manager will be a way of breaking younger players into the senior team, and his record his brilliant at the level he's managed (Internationally). Something like 7 losses in 48 games.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS - Page 2 Empty Re: ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS

Post by braveheart101 Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:14 pm

Churchill wrote:I think the reason Dawson only has 4 caps is because Ferdinand and Terry have been performing well for so many years that it didn't really leave a spot for a new, young centre back to challenge. Like someone said (Leak?) Terry will go because he's captain.

As for future success... I really believe hiring Stuart Pearce as the senior manager will be a way of breaking younger players into the senior team, and his record his brilliant at the level he's managed (Internationally). Something like 7 losses in 48 games.
Dont you think thats partly because alot of other countries like Spain and Germany promote their talented young players to the full squad alot earlier than England do which means Pearce has an easier job than he should do. England have only got 3 players 27 and under who has won 20 caps or more whereas Holland, Germany and Spain all have 7 first team regulars with over 20 caps and alot of them have well over 50 caps. Surely England has to look at these countries and start promoting their younger players into the full squad or constantly fail at major tournament finals.

braveheart101

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 46
Location : Inverness

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS - Page 2 Empty Re: ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS

Post by Crimey Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:19 pm

braveheart101 wrote:
Churchill wrote:I think the reason Dawson only has 4 caps is because Ferdinand and Terry have been performing well for so many years that it didn't really leave a spot for a new, young centre back to challenge. Like someone said (Leak?) Terry will go because he's captain.

As for future success... I really believe hiring Stuart Pearce as the senior manager will be a way of breaking younger players into the senior team, and his record his brilliant at the level he's managed (Internationally). Something like 7 losses in 48 games.
Dont you think thats partly because alot of other countries like Spain and Germany promote their talented young players to the full squad alot earlier than England do which means Pearce has an easier job than he should do. England have only got 3 players 27 and under who has won 20 caps or more whereas Holland, Germany and Spain all have 7 first team regulars with over 20 caps and alot of them have well over 50 caps. Surely England has to look at these countries and start promoting their younger players into the full squad or constantly fail at major tournament finals.

I don't think we have actually failed at a major tournament final for a while, apart from 2010. I think 2002, 2004, and 2006 we got about to how good our team should be, maybe we could have got to the semis of Euro 2004. I don't think we can really consider ourselves realistic contenders for the Euros and definitely not the World Cup.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16490
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 28
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS - Page 2 Empty Re: ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:31 pm

Well I think if you look at 2010 and see how many players were in that squad had shown their talent throughout the past couple of seasons- if we got knocked out so early on with younger players the press would have ruthlessly attacked them and knocked their confidence.

I don't think you can throw lots of young, new players to the senior team a couple of months before the next major tournament. I'd include a few more in teams leading up to the 2012 and I think I put 3 or 4 in my 23 man squad. After 2012 and a new manager comes in they can put the younger players into the squad that'll be used for qualifying.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS - Page 2 Empty Re: ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS

Post by braveheart101 Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:55 pm

Churchill wrote:Well I think if you look at 2010 and see how many players were in that squad had shown their talent throughout the past couple of seasons- if we got knocked out so early on with younger players the press would have ruthlessly attacked them and knocked their confidence.

I don't think you can throw lots of young, new players to the senior team a couple of months before the next major tournament. I'd include a few more in teams leading up to the 2012 and I think I put 3 or 4 in my 23 man squad. After 2012 and a new manager comes in they can put the younger players into the squad that'll be used for qualifying.
Isn't that what happened at last years World Cup though, the keeper makes 1 mistake gets dropped for James and loses confidence. Im not saying throw lots of young players in all at once maybe just 2 or 3 over the next couple of years. If you could get a team of mainly 24 - 27 year olds with a couple of older players by the time the next World Cup comes around I think England would have a better chance. After Euro 2012 Cole, Ferdinand, Terry, Lampard, Barry and Gerrard will all be 32 or over so surely now is the time to start bringing in some younger players rather than try to replace 5 or 6 at once.

I totally agree with your point about the british media though, they always seem to build up expectations and put to much pressure on players to perform not just in football but every sport and when a team or individual doesn't win they get slated for it.

braveheart101

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 46
Location : Inverness

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS - Page 2 Empty Re: ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS

Post by sportform Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:59 pm

Peter Crouch - a lump of driftwood?

He only has a international scoring record better than any other current England striker. Add to that his European goalscoring record is better than Torres, Drogba, Anelka, Rooney, Tevez, Van Persie...

I can't understand why Crouch is left out of the England team?

When he plays England get criticize for hoofing the ball up the pitch to him but watching England play in recent games and in the World Cup they have done that whether Crouch has been playing or not. If you are going to hoof the ball up the pitch then Crouch has to play.
sportform
sportform

Posts : 1440
Join date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS - Page 2 Empty Re: ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS

Post by braveheart101 Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:23 pm

sportsville wrote:Peter Crouch - a lump of driftwood?

He only has a international scoring record better than any other current England striker. Add to that his European goalscoring record is better than Torres, Drogba, Anelka, Rooney, Tevez, Van Persie...

I can't understand why Crouch is left out of the England team?

When he plays England get criticize for hoofing the ball up the pitch to him but watching England play in recent games and in the World Cup they have done that whether Crouch has been playing or not. If you are going to hoof the ball up the pitch then Crouch has to play.
Hasn't Crouch played alot more European matches than Tevez and Torres though.
As for his international scoring record half have come in friendlies against the likes of Jamaica, Egypt and Hungary and if you add the 3 he scored against Andorra thats 13 against fairly weak opposition.
What I don't understand though is if Capello is planning to play Carroll with Rooney why he hasn't given Crouch more of an opportunity.

braveheart101

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 46
Location : Inverness

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS - Page 2 Empty Re: ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS

Post by Crimey Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:56 pm

He can only score who he's played against though BH, he hasn't really been trusted with playing against bigger sides, so he can only keep scoring against the sides that he is played against. I think Peter Crouch is a very underrated player, he's very good with feet for a man his size, and I think the biggest drawback to playing him is that players or possibly the manager seem(s) to use it as an excuse to hoof it up to him when they shouldn't.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16490
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 28
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS - Page 2 Empty Re: ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS

Post by braveheart101 Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:29 am

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:He can only score who he's played against though BH, he hasn't really been trusted with playing against bigger sides, so he can only keep scoring against the sides that he is played against. I think Peter Crouch is a very underrated player, he's very good with feet for a man his size, and I think the biggest drawback to playing him is that players or possibly the manager seem(s) to use it as an excuse to hoof it up to him when they shouldn't.
I know its not his fault he has played against weak opposition but you cant really use his scoring record as a comparison to other England strikers until he plays more games against top teams. As for using his height as a reason he isn't getting picked didn't Capello say that Carroll and Rooney are his first choice strike partnership if so I'd rather Crouch got a chance instead of Carroll as he has more experience.

braveheart101

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 46
Location : Inverness

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS - Page 2 Empty Re: ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum