The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England Grand Slam 2017 T-shirts on sale

+14
LondonTiger
cascough
whocares
Cyril
majesticimperialman
tazfalklands
SecretFly
beshocked
nathan
BamBam
Scottrf
Luckless Pedestrian
Effervescing Elephant
LordDowlais
18 posters

Go down

England Grand Slam 2017 T-shirts on sale Empty England Grand Slam 2017 T-shirts on sale

Post by LordDowlais Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:40 pm

Well it's that time of year again, and England's grand slam 2017 t-shirts are already up for grabs.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/shirts-celebrating-england-grand-slam-12441516

http://www.punditarena.com/rugby/adrumm/t-shirts-commemorating-englands-2017-grand-slam-triumph-already-gone-sale/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2017/01/12/england-grand-slam-t-shirts-go-sale-three-weeks-start-six-nations/

Are you really that confident over that side of the bridge ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

England Grand Slam 2017 T-shirts on sale Empty Re: England Grand Slam 2017 T-shirts on sale

Post by Effervescing Elephant Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:42 pm

Not produced by RFU. Wrong badge, doesn't mention rugby. American website. Carry on.

Plus do you really reckon RFU would flog anything for as little as a tenner?

Last edited by Effervescing Elephant on Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : price!)
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

England Grand Slam 2017 T-shirts on sale Empty Re: England Grand Slam 2017 T-shirts on sale

Post by Effervescing Elephant Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:50 pm

Heres one for you T shirt. Go on!
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:52 pm

Somebody is taking this all a little too seriously, and to heart, might I add. Very Happy

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:54 pm

Not at all. it's just a really bad t shirt. Wink
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:56 pm

Effervescing Elephant wrote:Not at all. it's just a really bad t shirt. Wink

Laugh

I wont argue there.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Have you seen them all, it's like they thoguht
" English = arrogant, let's print grand slam t shirts. Celts = bitter, we'll print 'as long as we beat England' ones. WIN!"
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:03 pm

I'm embarrassed (but not surprised, given their history of clickbait material) that Wales Online / Western Mail are even bothering with this. They're clearly not RFU-approved t-shirts, but even if they were, so effing what?

That the 'national newspaper of Wales' (shudder) is running this non-story only reaffirms the preconception that the Welsh are obsessed with the English, and that what the English do dictates what we do, and who we are.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:05 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I'm embarrassed (but not surprised, given their history of clickbait material) that Wales Online / Western Mail are even bothering with this. They're clearly not RFU-approved t-shirts, but even if they were, so effing what?

That the 'national newspaper of Wales' (shudder) is running this non-story only reaffirms the preconception that the Welsh are obsessed with the English, and that what the English do dictates what we do, and who we are.

The Telegraph are running with the story as well, the link is quite clearly there for you to look at, so I do not know where this rant has come from. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:07 pm

England should use them as training tops IMO.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:09 pm

Laughable as always from Lord Bluster

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:10 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I'm embarrassed (but not surprised, given their history of clickbait material) that Wales Online / Western Mail are even bothering with this. They're clearly not RFU-approved t-shirts, but even if they were, so effing what?

The Telegraph are running with the story as well, the link is quite clearly there for you to look at, so I do not know where this rant has come from. Rolling Eyes

I thought I was clear enough: I'm embarrassed that our self-proclaimed national paper is making such a big deal of such a non-story.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:12 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

He said he's embarrassed Wales Online (his own national paper) ran with the story, i'm not sure how it being in other papers makes any difference to his opinion.

Be a good boy and put those pom poms down.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:15 pm

You do realise that sometimes people have to predict what is going to happen to be ahead of the curve.

Of course if you get it wrong you get egg on your face. That's why it's best not to get it wrong.

Now personally I think England will struggle to beat Ireland in Ireland so I think a GS is unlikely this year.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:25 pm

beshocked wrote:Now personally I think England will struggle to beat Ireland in Ireland so I think a GS is unlikely this year.

I don't. I think England will do it and groupon have got it right. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:08 pm

I wouldn't do a double sneer on a double joke...it's too dangerous. It's jinxed. I'm not going to be fooled into laughing.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:13 pm

To be honest I am even wary of France in the first game.

France have absolutely nothing to lose, they start as the underdogs.

A an improving French side who can throw caution to the wind... against an England side likely to be missing key players...

England should win but complacency is something that can happen when you are on a good winning streak.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:50 pm

England have a few nice incentives. Keep going at a promising looking unbeaten run and of course do a double Grand Slam in the contest itself.

But the other sides themselves have a juicy target. they now have a 2nd ranked team in their contest with WC positioning being thought about. England presents a nice goal of gaining some meaningful ranking points.

So lots to hunt for all round. But I wouldn't bet against England doing a double and actually wearing those unofficial early-bird tee-shirts with pride when the competition is over.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by tazfalklands Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:06 pm

Cant see what the problem is. Because so pillock has decided to print some t-shirts, it doesn't mean anything. There are lots of cheap rugby paraphernalia on the internet.
I have a Welsh Feathers badge on a t-shirt that has a cartoon of Sam Warburton being intimate with a sheep on the back, does that mean the WRFU sanctioned it (or any-one in Wales) for that matter

tazfalklands

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:56 pm

I don"t know if England will win a back to back Grand Slam. But it will be a test of Eddie Jones, if he can get England to play and win the Grand Slam with so many key players missing. it will show just how much strength in depth England do have.

France first up though for me is a big ask.

If England can win that game in the same manner as they did last year
Then we can start to believe to Grand Slam may be on.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:38 pm

Quentin and I have already pimped up the Holland & Holland with Union Jack motifs and are reconnoitring a route around the Home Counties. We may venture above the Watford Gap to throw t-shirts to the proles if the Cuvée Dry holds out.

Tally-ho!

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:35 am

beshocked wrote:To be honest I am even wary of France in the first game.

France have absolutely nothing to lose, they start as the underdogs.

A an improving French side who can throw caution to the wind... against an England side likely to be missing key players...

England should win but complacency is something that can happen when you are on a good winning streak.

apparently Eddie Jones wants his team to make a statement from the start of the 6N and not win by playing too "cautiously" . So hopefully no new injuries for both team and we will get an entertaining game.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by cascough Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:11 am

beshocked wrote:You do realise that sometimes people have to predict what is going to happen to be ahead of the curve.

Of course if you get it wrong you get egg on your face. That's why it's best not to get it wrong.

Now personally I think England will struggle to beat Ireland in Ireland so I think a GS is unlikely this year.

There's that curve again.

cascough

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:14 pm

cascough wrote:
beshocked wrote:You do realise that sometimes people have to predict what is going to happen to be ahead of the curve.

I prefer these curves England Grand Slam 2017 T-shirts on sale Kelly-brook-194a

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:35 am

Cyril wrote:Quentin and I have already pimped up the Holland & Holland with Union Jack motifs and are reconnoitring a route around the Home Counties. We may venture above the Watford Gap to throw t-shirts to the proles if the Cuvée Dry holds out.

Tally-ho!

Laugh

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:42 am

LondonTiger wrote:
cascough wrote:

I prefer these curves England Grand Slam 2017 T-shirts on sale Kelly-brook-194a

Yes, lovely curvy font on that name!  But that spikey aloe vera-ish plant is divine!.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:43 pm

Doh

1. I don't believe this story is factual, ie. the Tee-Shirts are on sale, and if they are, I bet they aren't RFU ones.
2. I bet RFU, IRFU, WRU, FRU, SRU, IRU have already got designs ready to be made, as it takes time, and production runs have to be made or opportunity lost. (ok may be not Scotland or Italy...)

Either way, it is more embarrassing that we (Welsh fans) are making a deal about it than if it was true.

Lets play the tournament, and then see who can have the bragging rights. As for Grand Slam, I doubt there'll be one this year.

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:45 pm

No9 wrote:Doh

1. I don't believe this story is factual, ie. the Tee-Shirts are on sale, and if they are, I bet they aren't RFU ones.
2. I bet RFU, IRFU, WRU, FRU, SRU, IRU have already got designs ready to be made, as it takes time, and production runs have to be made or opportunity lost. (ok may be not Scotland or Italy...)

Either way, it is more embarrassing that we (Welsh fans) are making a deal about it than if it was true.

Lets play the tournament, and then see who can have the bragging rights. As for Grand Slam, I doubt there'll be one this year.
https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/mens-england-rugby-t-shirt

Over 20(!) bought.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:52 pm

Scottrf wrote:

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/mens-england-rugby-t-shirt

Over 20(!) bought.

As I said, and highlighted above... They ARENT RFU sponsored, just some "Del boy" trying to make a quick buck...

Also, don't trust Groupon, they have been know to sell forged and unlicensed products before. Check them out on BBCs Watchdog.

But I go back to what I said in point 2. I bet ALL the nations have plans in place (which will include designs and manufacturing deals) to get Tee-Shirts out as soon as the final whistle is blown in the GS decider (if there happens to be one). If they don't, then their marketing teams should be sacked.

My point is really.... about how embarrassing this is as a story..

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_rugby Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:22 am

2. I bet RFU, IRFU, have already got designs ready to be made, as it takes time, and production runs have to be made or opportunity lost.

Corrected for you.

Steve_rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:03 am

The Irish t-shirts will be assessed after this year's championship in due course with David Nucifora assessing the various printers to see if any of them are Irish-qualified.  If not, then they can only bused if another printer leaves the country.  A committee will be formed to decide this and a tender then issued with a view to having them ready by next February in time for the start of the Six Nations.....
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down