The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump Moves In

+27
Mad for Chelsea
wolfball
catchweight
rIck_dAgless
Scottrf
ShahenshahG
Jermaine2015
GSC
Ent
Corporalhumblebucket
Hero
Lowlandbrit
dyrewolfe
rodders
Muscular-mouse
aucklandlaurie
ONETWOFOREVER
Gwlad
profitius
JuliusHMarx
superflyweight
Pr4wn
TopHat24/7
kingraf
navyblueshorts
TRUSSMAN66
SecretFly
31 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Trump Moves In - Page 2 Empty Trump Moves In

Post by SecretFly Thu 19 Jan 2017, 4:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

Okay, so the American Election thread has run its course and it has been proven in a bombshell wikileak today that all Intelligence agencies involved (American, Russian, British, French, German, Chinese, Japanese, Australian and Brazilian) are now in total agreement that the election was above board, clean, non-contentious, valid and entertaining.

So onto the special day.  What a celebration we're all going to have tomorrow as the most popular President in the history of Illuminati Conspiracy Theory stands on a half filled podium and puts his hand on the book - that cannot be named lest it offend some of the sensitive Satanist protesters present - and swears allegiance to his family, his business empire, his twitter account and Alex Jones.

I believe he intends to make a conciliatory speech whereby he'll pledge to continue the war on terrorism by suppressing Rosie O'Donnell's freedom of movement and methods of funding.  He might even declare sanctions on Meryl Streep but he secretly loves her so....well, the CIA better keep an eye on that one.  Trump might be caught fraternising with the enemy yet again if she ever accepts the dove's feather of peace and attends one of his many planned orgies at Trump House.

We all waited impatiently for this day and now it's upon us.  Let's hope the marksman is off to the right a little.  Let's hope the bomb fails to go off.  Let's hope the protesters keep away from matches and keep their bras on.  But apart from all that, lets' discuss the bright future ahead under Donald Trump.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Trump Moves In - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump Moves In

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jan 2017, 8:48 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Everyone lies.....What are you an angel ??

And you give credit to liars? Really? Honesty is a weakness to you?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 22 Jan 2017, 8:55 pm

Munchkin wrote:

I give credit to a guy who was 66/1...That spent less than all his opponents....Had 90% of the media against him...

Winning the greatest prize on Earth.....Yes...

If we didn't credit liars we wouldn't credit anybody..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jan 2017, 9:12 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

I give credit to a guy who was 66/1...That spent less than all his opponents....Had 90% of the media against him...

Answer the question; do you credit liars? Are you lauding President Trump for lying?

You believe only liars are given credit? What about those who have championed peace? created wonderful works of art? discovered life saving medicine? saved the lives of the poor and starving? abolished slavery?..... Were they all liars?

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun 22 Jan 2017, 9:14 pm

Sure, everybody lies at times - doesn't mean we should applaud them (or ourselves) for doing it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jan 2017, 9:15 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Sure, everybody lies at times - doesn't mean we should applaud them (or ourselves) for doing it.

People lie, but not all are liars.

Back to top Go down

Post by Muscular-mouse Sun 22 Jan 2017, 9:18 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:So the majority of women vote for Hillary then? Yeah, thought so.

Nothing wrong with people protesting, you just don't agree with them, that's all.

You say I can't be objective but you insinuate that the majority of feminists hate men while providing no evidence at all.

You know there's far more evidence that Trump hates women, don't you?

Hillary got more Women voting for her when she lost to Obama.......Women tend to prefer Women..

I read somewhere that 53% of white women voted for trump.

Now is this because he is a bastion for womens' rights or is it that he played his cards very well in the tv debates by bringing up bill Clinton's sexual abuse history and labelling Hillary as a sexual abuse sympathiser who did everything in her power as a lawyer and as the first lady to make sure that a sexual abuser (Bill Clinton) got off scot free over sexual abuse allegations.

I remember watching those debates and when he brought the ladies who made the allegations and they were sitting in the audience I think that dealt a masssive blow to hilarys campaign. She went from being a feminist icon to someone who would walk over sexual abuse victims to get her husband off scot free

Muscular-mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 22 Jan 2017, 9:22 pm

Munchkin wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

Answer the question; do you credit liars? Are you lauding President Trump for lying?

You believe only liars are given credit? What about those who have championed peace? created wonderful works of art? discovered life saving medicine? saved the lives of the poor and starving? abolished slavery?..... Were they all liars?

You're making silly assumptions and jumping to baseless conclusions...

All those people that champion peace and saved lives have never lied I imagine.... Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jan 2017, 9:37 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

You're making silly assumptions and jumping to baseless conclusions...

All those people that champion peace and saved lives have never lied I imagine.... Rolling Eyes

Everyone has lied at some point, but not all are liars - meaning that it's not a character trait/habitual.

Even if we are to all agree with you, and perceive lying as a strength of character, Trump would still rate poorly because he's so obvious about it. He's a persistent liar, but not a convincing liar. Trump's a narcissist, and as a narcissist he probably believes we will all believe him because it is him that's telling the lies.

You still haven't answered my question; are you giving credit to Trump for lying?

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sun 22 Jan 2017, 9:44 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Nothing wrong with people protesting, you just don't agree with them, that's all.

You say I can't be objective but you insinuate that the majority of feminists hate men while providing no evidence at all.

Hillary got more Women voting for her when she lost to Obama.......Women tend to prefer Women..

For heaven sake....

Trump's Wife is a Woman....Why don't you ask her if he hates Women..

She's probably quote Michelle Obama.

Do you really think she's said any of her own thoughts throughout this election?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 22 Jan 2017, 10:03 pm

Pr4wn wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

For heaven sake....

Trump's Wife is a Woman....Why don't you ask her if he hates Women..

She's probably quote Michelle Obama.

Do you really think she's said any of her own thoughts throughout this election?

I know she speaks five languages......and it is interesting you should be mentioning Trump hates Women while you're busy patronising one you've never met.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sun 22 Jan 2017, 10:35 pm

You comparing my thoughts - in a quip, no less - on Melania Trump with Donald Trump's repeated attacks on women in general just shows the levels you'll stoop to in this discussion to support your feeble argument.

Look past the money, Truss. He's already presenting "alternative truths" and embarrassing himself.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 23 Jan 2017, 9:39 am

Pr4wn wrote:You comparing my thoughts - in a quip, no less - on Melania Trump with Donald Trump's repeated attacks on women in general just shows the levels you'll stoop to in this discussion to support your feeble argument.

Look past the money, Truss. He's already presenting "alternative truths" and embarrassing himself.
That's only meaningful if he can actually be embarrassed and it's pretty clear that he doesn't have any shame at all. What he almost certainly is doing, is pissing off almost the entirety of the media (and also probably the intelligence services?) enough for them to spend a lot of time looking for the dirt on Trump's business deals, tax and harassment of women etc. Should be an interesting four years, if he gets that far.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 23 Jan 2017, 11:04 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Trump 44%......(9% with blacks....I think the head of the KKK is on 10% Wink )

F*ck 'em, should've got off their @rses and voted - statistically the most under-represented voter cohort in US election. Wasn't a black guy to vote for so millions just didn't bother voting.

Still have your ugly agenda don't you toppy. Shame you are behind a keyboard seriously its a shame if only you were standing in front of me face to face expressing your beliefs now is the time now the west has elected its Hitler now you can come clean toppy be a man you are free to do so there is no stigma attached to racism ANYMORE you can say what you like.

Still got the same old misplaced anger issues then ONETWO? Manifested as inverse racism whilst failing to deal with the world's largest chip sat on your shoulder.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 23 Jan 2017, 11:14 am

Trump is a misogynistic liar and racist apparently.......Let's forget Clinton lied about her server.........and told Wall street in a speech she had to hate them in public and love them in private etc.......

Let's look at some facts......

Women voting................(Trump is an obvious female hater!!)

1996.............Clinton 54%...............Dole 38%
2012.............Obama 56%...............Romney 44%
2016.............Clinton 58% (woman)..Trump 41%.....

Obviously Women are slow off the mark when it comes to Trump hating them...

Hispanic voting (Trump is an obvious racist !!)

1996..........Clinton 71%..................Dole 27%....
2012..........Obama 71%..................Romney 27%...
2016..........Clinton..65%.................Trump 29%......

Obviously Latinos are slow of the mark when it comes to viewing Trump as a racist his vote and vote share were better than Romney's...

Black voters............

Obama 93 %.............Romney 6%....

Clinton 88%..............Trump 8%....

One thing Trump is guilty of is being charismatic....successful.....and of being a strong campaigner with a beautiful Wife.....

I could never vote for a GOP candidate......But I'd have struggled to have voted for Clinton either......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 23 Jan 2017, 1:15 pm

The PussyHat Dolls?

God, I had a bit of fun listening to their spiel last night - didn't get around to watching the spectacular Live.  
The Stand Out was of course Ashley Judd.  She stirred up quite a gooey pot of bodily fluids, stains and dollars, and grabbing and abuse and lechery and seediness and incest and white actresses working for less than men and black actresses working for less again! (or some words to that effect that perhaps lost some meaning in the poetic stream of consciousness).

Anyway, the pretty queasy stew she imagined all boiled down to the idea of inequality.  The age old inequality of the sexes.  She didn't like it and she wasn't taking it no more!

Good for her.  My entire life has been influenced by strong opinionated women.  I have a vested interest in fighting their corner.  Good for her.

But........................................  has it not all been already resolved?  
No?  It's still the same?  

After eight years of Bill Clinton, who was special enough to be married to the Ultra Feminist Saint herself Hillary?  She didn't get around to influencing her husband to bring down the final bricks in the wall that divide men's rights from that of women?  I thought Hillary wore the pants in that household?  So eight years of Clinton didn't satisfy one ounce of what Ashley railed against.

Then on to Bush.  Well,  Whistle  let's forget about him.  He was too busy creating wars and misery in them sandy places that he wasn't so interested in the names of.

On to Obama then - another Saint to the afflicted, the unloved, the downtrodden and the women who still earn less than men for a equal day's work.  Did he solve the problem?  Did his strong and forceful wife not influence him?  Did not Hillary, once again there in the inner circle, not whisper in his ear about women rights when she had a moment away from her Bushesque period as Foreign Secretary?

Why the P**sy Hat marches now?   Trump hasn't been responsible for the diatribe that came from your lips Ashley.  Trump hasn't been there.  Trump is only starting in the job.  Sixteen wasted years have gone down the tube if you have still enough bile in your heart to come on stage and shout out your messy litany of where women still aren't equal in American society.  Where were your Amazonian Queens, Michelle and Hillary for those sixteen years?

To paraphrase that famous President, Donald Trump - all talk, no action?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 23 Jan 2017, 2:55 pm

SecretFly wrote: But apart from all that, lets' discuss the bright future ahead under Donald Trump.

Trump's a facist sociopath who aims to break up the EU, dismantle NATO and start a war with China.

He's preferable to Theresa May and Liam Fox though....
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Muscular-mouse Mon 23 Jan 2017, 3:01 pm

rodders wrote:
SecretFly wrote: But apart from all that, lets' discuss the bright future ahead under Donald Trump.

Trump's a facist sociopath who aims to break up the EU, dismantle NATO and start a war with China.

to be fair though Obama looked like he wanted a war with Russia and Us/Russian relations were at a low under Obama. Trump does seem like he will resolve those relations.

Muscular-mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 23 Jan 2017, 3:05 pm

rodders wrote:

?

Those fascist sociopaths got good policies!  Back to Father Ted:  Russia is close - China is far away.  Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 23 Jan 2017, 3:11 pm

SecretFly wrote:
rodders wrote:

?

Those fascist sociopaths got good policies!  Back to Father Ted:  Russia is close - China is far away.  Wink

Great, it will take an extra half hour for the nukes to land on our heads.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 23 Jan 2017, 3:13 pm

Musclular-mouse wrote:
rodders wrote:

to be fair though Obama looked like he wanted a war with Russia and Us/Russian relations were at a low under Obama. Trump does seem like he will resolve those relations.

Obama got it the right way round.

As much as I hate China, Russia is a weak economically meaningless country. That's who you pick a fight with. Not the second economic super-power with the world's largest military.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 23 Jan 2017, 3:22 pm

rodders wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
rodders wrote:

?

Great, it will take an extra half hour for the nukes to land on our heads.

Half an hour means a lot. I can often mean getting all your family into the coal bunker safe and sound or not getting them in. A coal bunker is your man...surrounded on the inside with pillows. Wink Oh and a tin foil aerial to stop the gamma rays.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 23 Jan 2017, 3:29 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Musclular-mouse wrote:
rodders wrote:

As much as I hate China, Russia is a weak economically meaningless country. That's who you pick a fight with.  Not the second economic super-power with the world's largest military.

I think trying to provoke either Russia or China into a war is a bad idea.

The previous regime's foreign policy in Iraq, Syria and Ukraine was a disaster for sure... but Trumps disregarding of NATO and attitude to allies like Germany, versus Russia, is a real threat to what little peace and stability remaining in the world.

Threatening to blockade China's trade ships and station troups in the South China Sea is a very dangerous game to play.....

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 23 Jan 2017, 3:35 pm

rodders wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Musclular-mouse wrote:
rodders wrote:

As much as I hate China, Russia is a weak economically meaningless country. That's who you pick a fight with.  Not the second economic super-power with the world's largest military.

The previous regime's foreign policy in Iraq, Syria and Ukraine was a disaster for sure... but Trumps disregarding of NATO and attitude to allies like Germany, versus Russia, is a real threat to what little peace and stability remaining in the world.

Threatening to blockade China's trade ships and station troups in the South China Sea is a very dangerous game to play.....

China are playing their own dangerous game down there - and have been for a few years now (disregarded by the media and European politicians that refrain from criticising their system lest the nice Chinese officials get annoyed at the lack of manners and take their trade and infrastructure funding away.)

China have been doing enough sabre rattling of their own - goading Japan and others in the process.

So what do we do? They is powerful so just let's say nothing and hope they are just playing?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 23 Jan 2017, 3:42 pm

rodders wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Musclular-mouse wrote:
rodders wrote:

Not suggesting provoking war. But Russia is an utter irrelevance, so why bother courting them now? Economically crippled by sanctions, which could/should be pushed further due to Crimea. No military threat, only to Europe, which shouldn't be the concern of someone who's anti-NATO.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 23 Jan 2017, 3:53 pm

Don't believe it, Russia would wipe out Europe in a week if they though the US wouldn't intervene.

Agree on China fly but I think that ship has sailed - Militarily they are too strong now to be sabre rattling with and trying to intimidate.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 23 Jan 2017, 4:11 pm

SecretFly wrote:China are playing their own dangerous game down there - and have been for a few years now (disregarded by the media and European politicians that refrain from criticising their system lest the nice Chinese officials get annoyed at the lack of manners and take their trade and infrastructure funding away.)

China have been doing enough sabre rattling of their own - goading Japan and others in the process.

So what do we do?  They is powerful so just let's say nothing and hope they are just playing?
I must have looking at different mainstream news to you then (although, come to think of it, you don't look at/listen to 'fake news' sites do you?) as I recall plenty of articles, comment, images etc over the last couple of years about Chinese land reclaim on atolls of the South China Sea etc etc.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 23 Jan 2017, 4:13 pm

Russia and China are Countries with people in.

People want futures...They want to see their kids grow up and enjoy life.

You talk about China and Russia as if they are two single entities.

They are places with human beings in and no one wants to die...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 23 Jan 2017, 4:21 pm

rodders wrote:Don't believe it, Russia would wipe out Europe in a week if they though the US wouldn't intervene.

Agree on China fly but I think that ship has sailed - Militarily they are too strong now to be sabre rattling with and trying to intimidate.

Can't let them have their way because they believe themselves too strong to have to listen to anyone, rodders.  Hitler has become a popular name again in political discourse.  His name has popped up during the Brexit stuff and now again after the American elections.  But here it is.  Here is the true allusion to Hitler.  Weak states turning a blind eye to colonial expansionism threats from China - Appeasement.  

China are a bigger threat to our Western way of life than Russia is. And, as Top says, a much more serious threat globally if they get going.

Russia is a EUROPEAN nation that needs to be brought back into the fold.  It needs to be attracted to the idea that common ideals, and trade, and fairness of trade (which was one of the ignition points in Ukraine) and extending the hand of friendship (above the head of Putin himself if necessary) is the way to ease tensions and the way to allowing all of us on this continent to Believe that the one doesn't threaten the other.  
Whether you or I want to believe it or not, the truth is that Russians feel it is they that are under threat from this constantly enlarging colonialist expansionist entity called The EU.  They don't see the EU as non-belligerent or non-threatening.  They don't see themselves as the bad guys to The EU white knight.

So we all have to get our act together and talk to each other and ease each others concerns.... on National levels, not using The EU as our mouthpiece.  Russia and the other Nations of Europe talking - even having formal talks if necessary - to kill the tension and get us back to a stage where we can think of what unites us all.

China is the one to watch.  Russia is the one to find a route to peace with.  The EU itself is a provocateur and not in any way an innocent onlooker in all these tensions.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 23 Jan 2017, 4:27 pm

China should be more worried about North Korea.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 23 Jan 2017, 4:32 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
SecretFly wrote:China are playing their own dangerous game down there - and have been for a few years now (disregarded by the media and European politicians that refrain from criticising their system lest the nice Chinese officials get annoyed at the lack of manners and take their trade and infrastructure funding away.)

So what do we do?  They is powerful so just let's say nothing and hope they are just playing?
I must have looking at different mainstream news to you then (although, come to think of it, you don't look at/listen to 'fake news' sites do you?) as I recall plenty of articles, comment, images etc over the last couple of years about Chinese land reclaim on atolls of the South China Sea etc etc.

Good...you've been observant.  "Plenty"?  No.

Was it mentioned in detail when May was getting anxious about letting Chinese systems control the new nuclear power plants?  Was it blunt and pushed home the kinds of reservations she might have?  Was she asked by journalists what kinds of reservations she had that might have extended to China's aggressive military policy and expansionist yawns down there?  Was she forced to declare that in any discussions with Chinese officials she'd bring them up?  I didn't hear it. But she's confirmed and reassured her concerned citizens that she'll bring up Trumps allusions to pu**y when she meets him. Cool

If it was so prominent in the media (that you and the masses read) then there would be no scratching of heads when Trump speaks of them.  There would be no puzzled expressions, no wondering what kind of nutcase this Trump is to be picking a fight with cute China.

I listen to it all, Navy.  BBC, French TV, RT, NK world.... and all the lovely fake news joints online - that go into oodles more detail than you're ever going to get on an episode of Newsnight Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 23 Jan 2017, 4:33 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:China should be more worried about North Korea.

North Korea? ... China's sandbox.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 23 Jan 2017, 4:38 pm

Choo-choo.....all aboard the looney tunes express....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 23 Jan 2017, 4:48 pm

Worth remembering America has Congress to reign in Trump's excesses...If indeed he has any big ideas...I have my doubts.

Washington and gridlock go hand in hand.

He has both houses but some GOP Senators are from 50/50 marginals..His Senate majority is slim and he lacks authority as he's not an insider..

Anyone who can overcome the opposition he did in 2016...I can't believe is stupid anyway..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 23 Jan 2017, 4:49 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Choo-choo.....all aboard the looney tunes express....

The P*ssy Hat girls Lurve China now  heart  Hug  ...just coz that handy man woman-kisser sleaze Trump don't.  thumbsup  

Where's that loon express going?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 23 Jan 2017, 5:16 pm

SecretFly wrote:I listen to it all, Navy.  BBC, French TV, RT, NK world.... and all the lovely fake news joints online - that go into oodles more detail than you're ever going to get on an episode of Newsnight Wink

And then spend loads of time on here, 'talking' to people who won't listen to you. What's the point of that? If you're that much better informed than the rest of us, do something useful with it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 23 Jan 2017, 5:24 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Choo-choo.....all aboard the looney tunes express....
Laugh OK A good chuckle to finish today on...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 24 Jan 2017, 2:47 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Worth remembering America has Congress to reign in Trump's excesses...If indeed he has any big ideas...I have my doubts.

Washington and gridlock go hand in hand.

He has both houses but some GOP Senators are from 50/50 marginals..His Senate majority is slim and he lacks authority as he's not an insider..

Anyone who can overcome the opposition he did in 2016...I can't believe is stupid anyway..

I imagine Team Trump will be able to dig up enough dirt on enough Senators to make sure they play ball. Thats what guys like him do, right, to make sure they get their way? Wink

Donny may not be a politician or a Washington insider, but thats one aspect of political life he seems pretty clued up on already.

Or if that fails, just say rude things about them on Twitter...mobilise the masses against his opponents and get his way through "people power". Laugh
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 24 Jan 2017, 3:02 pm

People spend millions on Senate campaigns....A fair chunk of that is used to dig up dirt..

Factor in Cruz...Rubio....and Old Lindsay Graham were abused ad nauseum by Trump throughout his campaign and hold safe seats...Those three alone voting against anything could spell night night...

Trump isn't LBJ....He will have to learn to lick ass..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Tue 24 Jan 2017, 6:08 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He has both houses but some GOP Senators are from 50/50 marginals..
Republicans are only defending 8 Senate seats in 2018, of which 6 are basically locks. Democrats are defending 23 (plus Sanders and King), including North Dakota, Montana and West Virginia.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 24 Jan 2017, 6:20 pm

Lowlandbrit wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He has both houses but some GOP Senators are from 50/50 marginals..
Republicans are only defending 8 Senate seats in 2018, of which 6 are basically locks. Democrats are defending 23 (plus Sanders and King), including North Dakota, Montana and West Virginia.

I was thinking of Senators defending voting records down the road Lowland not just the elections of 2018...Voters don't forget.

As for the current situation......It's 52 - 46 now..............Chuck in Sen Graham that hates him....."I cannot support Donald Trump because I don't believe him to be a Republican"

Chuck in Senator Sasse from Nebraska (Leader of the never Trump movement).....Who didn't even vote for him in November and hates him as much as  Graham............

Then you have Rubio and Cruz...

I concede that the midterms are set up favorably to Trump..............But politicians think longer term and also worth remembering that midterm elections are historically favorable to the opposition party......As Obama found out..

Nice to see you on here..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Tue 24 Jan 2017, 7:18 pm

All those guys have eventually decided to fall in line on his cabinet picks. Picking (too many) fights with the president would just make them look bad to Republican/Trump voters.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 24 Jan 2017, 7:25 pm

They can use discretion and Trump isn't your normal Republican.

Without open primaries he loses to Cruz...Who is a nut.

But I get your drift.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Tue 24 Jan 2017, 7:58 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Then you have Rubio and Cruz...
The funny thing is that Rubio's probably the most likely to cause trouble because he's not up until 2022 and may not even run again. Meanwhile, Cruz is probably going to be pretty quiet for now because he's up in 2018 and probably doesn't want to be the anti-Trump candidate in a Texas Republican primary.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 24 Jan 2017, 9:50 pm

Cruz has always traded on being a maverick...Not even sure he should have been allowed to run anyway....Canadian..

Nasty piece of work.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 25 Jan 2017, 7:22 am

SecretFly wrote:
rodders wrote:Don't believe it, Russia would wipe out Europe in a week if they though the US wouldn't intervene.

Can't let them have their way because they believe themselves too strong to have to listen to anyone, rodders.  Hitler has become a popular name again in political discourse.  His name has popped up during the Brexit stuff and now again after the American elections.  But here it is.  Here is the true allusion to Hitler.  Weak states turning a blind eye to colonial expansionism threats from China - Appeasement.  

China are a bigger threat to our Western way of life than Russia is. And, as Top says, a much more serious threat globally if they get going.

Russia is a EUROPEAN nation that needs to be brought back into the fold.  It needs to be attracted to the idea that common ideals, and trade, and fairness of trade (which was one of the ignition points in Ukraine) and extending the hand of friendship (above the head of Putin himself if necessary) is the way to ease tensions and the way to allowing all of us on this continent to Believe that the one doesn't threaten the other.  
Whether you or I want to believe it or not, the truth is that Russians feel it is they that are under threat from this constantly enlarging colonialist expansionist entity called The EU.  They don't see the EU as non-belligerent or non-threatening.  They don't see themselves as the bad guys to The EU white knight.

So we all have to get our act together and talk to each other and ease each others concerns.... on National levels, not using The EU as our mouthpiece.  Russia and the other Nations of Europe talking - even having formal talks if necessary - to kill the tension and get us back to a stage where we can think of what unites us all.

China is the one to watch.  Russia is the one to find a route to peace with.  The EU itself is a provocateur and not in any way an innocent onlooker in all these tensions.

How?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 25 Jan 2017, 9:49 am

kingraf wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

How?

Behave. Are you actually looking to a tin-foil hat conspiracy theorist to come up with a concrete answer or solution??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 Jan 2017, 12:07 pm

Bit of a laugh
https://www.indy100.com/article/donald-trump-inauguration-hats-made-china-make-america-great-again-7539396

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 25 Jan 2017, 12:22 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Bit of a laugh
https://www.indy100.com/article/donald-trump-inauguration-hats-made-china-make-america-great-again-7539396
Laugh You'd struggle to make that sort of stuff up, but not in Trump Land. Never mind, must be 'Fake News' and the liberal, pinko media out to paint him bad again...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 25 Jan 2017, 12:24 pm

So were his MAGA campaign caps.

Yanks never have got irony. Must Trump voters are too stupid and ignorant to even think about it.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 25 Jan 2017, 12:31 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Must Trump voters are too stupid and ignorant to even think about it.

Not suggesting you're stupid but shouldn't it be .....Most Trump... ?? Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next