The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by catchweight on Mon 20 Feb 2017, 6:27 pm

Scott Quigg has announced he is leaving Joe Gallaghers Manchester stable and will be moving to the Wild Card gym in LA to team up with Freddie Roach.

Interesting move for Quigg. A few years ago Roach could have been a good fit for him, although I wonder now how much Roach has let to give as he continues to battle Parkinsons. He has started to look quite frail in recent years I have thought. Basing himself in the U.S could open a few extra doors for Quigg as he chances a world title. Aside from the Frampton fight, he has found himself drifting at times over here and playing the part of an undercard filler. There are some good fights in the U.S if he can land them. Some potentially good ones domestically as well. Hopefully Roach can improve him as I think Quigg is quite a good fighter that might have stagnated under Gallagher somewhat (with some poor cornering on a coupe of occasions costing him).

catchweight

Posts : 4305
Join date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by hazharrison on Mon 20 Feb 2017, 7:37 pm

He could do with a new promoter while he's at it.

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by Jermaine2015 on Mon 20 Feb 2017, 9:41 pm

Quigg isn't good enough to win a legit world title

Jermaine2015

Posts : 1274
Join date : 2015-01-30
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by Derbymanc on Tue 21 Feb 2017, 8:14 am

Is anyone in your eyes good enough to win anything Jermaine, you miserable git

Derbymanc

Posts : 3860
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by EX7EY on Tue 21 Feb 2017, 8:49 am

Derbymanc wrote:Is anyone in your eyes good enough to win anything Jermaine, you miserable git

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I thought this, Mr positivity or what haha

EX7EY

Posts : 531
Join date : 2013-07-22
Age : 33
Location : Salford

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by catchweight on Tue 21 Feb 2017, 11:31 am

I definately wouldnt count Quigg out. I think hes a real handful when he is on the front foot applying pressure and fighting at a high pace. If Roach could fine tune that I think Quigg could be a very good fighter to watch nd could definately win some big fights.

He suffered in the past with slow strts and trying to outbox guys that are hard to outbox. I think that was bad cornering and tactics though. Id like to see him back in the mix with some big fights though instead of tucked half way down an undercrd fighting 35 year old former flyweights.

catchweight

Posts : 4305
Join date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by Jermaine2015 on Tue 21 Feb 2017, 3:14 pm

Do me a favour...Quigg continually used the tripe "I'm a big super bantamweight". Basically suggesting instead of fighting at featherweight or super featherweight, he boiled himself down to face smaller guys. Quigg's conditioning is poor as he's only capable of fighting 6 rounds per fight as shown against Salinas(a dreadful fighter) and Frampton. Quigg has zero power if he mans up and actually fights the top guys at 126/130 he gets taken apart

Jermaine2015

Posts : 1274
Join date : 2015-01-30
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by Derbymanc on Tue 21 Feb 2017, 3:36 pm

Ah yes cause noone ever EVER boils down do they.

Derbymanc

Posts : 3860
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by milkyboy on Tue 21 Feb 2017, 3:59 pm

Roach certainly won't be telling him to chuck away the first 6 rounds of a 12 round fight, so that should be a head start over trainer of the year.

When he finally got to make it a scrap against frampton, he did pretty well. If he can harness that for 12. If. He's a handful.

milkyboy

Posts : 7754
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 1:26 pm

Quigg let a lot of people down against Frampton and I don't blame Gallagher though he didn't help... You should know when someone is out working you and you should know that even if it's close the round can go to the other guy..

Salinas mugged him.. Frampton mugged him...Where is the nous and the instinct ??

Personally I couldn't give a crap what he does now....Stock wise he is dropping fast...and rightly so.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39253
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by Herman Jaeger on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 1:57 pm

I differ from Truss on this one quite looking forward to see how this partnership turns out am inclined to think that Roach is a good fit for Quigg and that Quigg could have some good times under Freddie's tutelage they'd  steer him away from the boxers though you'd guess although I'd love to see a rematch with Frampton and a faster start from Quigg. Frampton has other options though for now so that one may have to wait a while

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3240
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by milkyboy on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 2:46 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Quigg let a lot of people down against Frampton and I don't blame Gallagher though he didn't help... You should know when someone is out working you and you should know that even if it's close the round can go to the other guy..

Salinas mugged him.. Frampton mugged him...Where is the nous and the instinct ??

Personally I couldn't give a crap what he does now....Stock wise he is dropping fast...and rightly so.

Some fighters work it out for themselves, some do as there corner tells them. Quigg trusted Gallagher, so whilst i'm not exonerating quigg for not taking responsibility, i do blame gallagher... he pretty much admitted the game plan against salinas was to give up the first half of the fight. Ridiculous.

In the frampton fight neither wanted to commit, and frampton won the feinting competition, when it turned into a fight quigg did much better than i thought he would. Well enough to think that with the right guidance he still has something to offer.

milkyboy

Posts : 7754
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 3:11 pm

milkyboy wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Quigg let a lot of people down against Frampton and I don't blame Gallagher though he didn't help... You should know when someone is out working you and you should know that even if it's close the round can go to the other guy..

Salinas mugged him.. Frampton mugged him...Where is the nous and the instinct ??

Personally I couldn't give a crap what he does now....Stock wise he is dropping fast...and rightly so.

Some fighters work it out for themselves, some do as there corner tells them. Quigg trusted Gallagher, so whilst i'm not exonerating quigg for not taking responsibility, i do blame gallagher... he pretty much admitted the game plan against salinas was to give up the first half of the fight. Ridiculous.

In the frampton fight neither wanted to commit, and frampton won the feinting competition, when it turned into a fight quigg did much better than i thought he would. Well enough to think that with the right guidance he still has something to offer.

Frampton didn't want to commit with a bigger fighter.....So he did the optimal amount a la Billy Jo Saunders to take rounds.......Fought a very smart fight....

Winners of big fights that stink move on to better things......Losers carry the can....

Quigg was his own worst enemy and you can't blame Gallagher twice.......Can't believe the instructions were to do diddly early but let Frampton do slightly more and go 5-1 up..........He should have known Frampton was doing that bit more.....

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39253
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by Herman Jaeger on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 3:30 pm

Broken jaw in fourth?

Took round five off to feel out the jaw?

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3240
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 3:37 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:Broken jaw in fourth?

Took round five off to feel out the jaw?

Three rounds before the 4th and he lost them all by letting Frampton flick out a few more jabs..

Just how I see it...........Frampo can count to 7.....3-0 gets you there fast !!.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39253
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by Steffan on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 3:59 pm

Frampton v Quigg was a joke of a fight

I respect any man who gets in the ring but when people had paid so much to watch that fight the least they could do is actually fight

Not like either of them lacks the talent

Steffan

Posts : 7834
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 4:01 pm

Steffan wrote:Frampton v Quigg was a joke of a fight

I respect any man who gets in the ring but when people had paid so much to watch that fight the least they could do is actually fight

Not like either of them lacks the talent

One of them did what he needed to do to win...

You win and you move on..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39253
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by Herman Jaeger on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 4:54 pm

Has Frampton peaked though and would Quigg be the fresher man in the rematch?

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3240
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 4:56 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:Has Frampton peaked though and would Quigg be the fresher man in the rematch?

Do you want to see it ??..I won't pay for it.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39253
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by Herman Jaeger on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 5:27 pm

Down the line sure

But Frampton has other options for now in Frampton trilogy, Selby and Russell etc

The question is if Quigg wants a big fight who does he choose?

Mares maybe?

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3240
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by Herman Jaeger on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 5:45 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/quigg-vs-simion-become-final-eliminator-says-hearn--115043

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3240
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by BoxingFan88 on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 6:00 pm

Freddie improves most fighters he has

So it's a good move

How much time he gets with Freddie is the question though...

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by Herman Jaeger on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 6:07 pm

He's obviously not going to come before Manny and Miguel but I think Freddie's rather looking forward to working with him

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3240
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by BoxingFan88 on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 7:04 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:He's obviously not going to come before Manny and Miguel but I think Freddie's rather looking forward to working with him
laughing

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by hazharrison on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 9:54 am

He needs a new promoter rather than a trainer (though, he's done well upgrading to Roach).

Who the hell is Simion?

He'll be fighting Isaac Lowe on PPV next.

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 10:00 am

Interested to hear who he should be promoted by instead?

Look at Flanagan for instance, about to make his fifth title defence against a decent opponent but nobody knows or cares, I didn't even know the Fana and Cruz fights happened.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by Derbymanc on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 10:28 am

His promoter's fine, Eddie's looked after him to be fair (as much as we bitch and moan, he sorts his fighters out alright). I would look forward to a rematch with Framps but he has to get himself back in contention and go up the ranks. In my eyes he needs to win part of the world title legitimately as well. (Even as a Quiggy fan, you can't win a belt through a frickin draw).

It's been mentioned before (and by some that know him) that he's not the sharpest tool in the box so he needs a trainer that can guide him right and tell him when he's doing wrong. (didn't Gallagher tell him he was doing all right at one point in that fight)

Derbymanc

Posts : 3860
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 10:30 am

Derbymanc wrote:His promoter's fine, Eddie's looked after him to be fair (as much as we bitch and moan, he sorts his fighters out alright). I would look forward to a rematch with Framps but he has to get himself back in contention and go up the ranks. In my eyes he needs to win part of the world title legitimately as well. (Even as a Quiggy fan, you can't win a belt through a frickin draw).

It's been mentioned before (and by some that know him) that he's not the sharpest tool in the box so he needs a trainer that can guide him right and tell him when he's doing wrong. (didn't Gallagher tell him he was doing all right at one point in that fight)

Every kid should want Eddie as a promoter..........

Flanagan has been a champion how long and no one has heard of him.............Love to know how much he gets paid against Crolla's purses..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39253
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by milkyboy on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 11:33 am

hazharrison wrote:He needs a new promoter rather than a trainer (though, he's done well upgrading to Roach).

Who the hell is Simion?

He'll be fighting Isaac Lowe on PPV next.

Simion gave selby a hard night a few years back... so i guess that's a marketing 'benchmark'. It's his only defeat but he's getting on a bit.

milkyboy

Posts : 7754
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by hazharrison on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 1:25 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Interested to hear who he should be promoted by instead?

Look at Flanagan for instance, about to make his fifth title defence against a decent opponent but nobody knows or cares, I didn't even know the Fana and Cruz fights happened.

Is that really a promotional issue or more to do with the fact Flanagan isn't overly exciting and is an introverted fellow without a large following?

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by hazharrison on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 1:26 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:His promoter's fine, Eddie's looked after him to be fair (as much as we bitch and moan, he sorts his fighters out alright). I would look forward to a rematch with Framps but he has to get himself back in contention and go up the ranks. In my eyes he needs to win part of the world title legitimately as well. (Even as a Quiggy fan, you can't win a belt through a frickin draw).

It's been mentioned before (and by some that know him) that he's not the sharpest tool in the box so he needs a trainer that can guide him right and tell him when he's doing wrong. (didn't Gallagher tell him he was doing all right at one point in that fight)

Every kid should want Eddie as a promoter..........

Flanagan has been a champion how long and no one has heard of him.............Love to know how much he gets paid against Crolla's purses..

It's true Eddie can sell a fighter to the "casual" audience (as much as I hate that term).

Again, a lot of that is down to Flanagan. He's the opposite to Crolla in terms of personality.

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 1:46 pm

hazharrison wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Interested to hear who he should be promoted by instead?

Look at Flanagan for instance, about to make his fifth title defence against a decent opponent but nobody knows or cares, I didn't even know the Fana and Cruz fights happened.

Is that really a promotional issue or more to do with the fact Flanagan isn't overly exciting and is an introverted fellow without a large following?

It's quite obviously a promotional issue, boxers don't magically obtain large followings their teams work on it but that wouldn't fit the anti matchroom agenda many have.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by hazharrison on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 1:51 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Interested to hear who he should be promoted by instead?

Look at Flanagan for instance, about to make his fifth title defence against a decent opponent but nobody knows or cares, I didn't even know the Fana and Cruz fights happened.

Is that really a promotional issue or more to do with the fact Flanagan isn't overly exciting and is an introverted fellow without a large following?

It's quite obviously a promotional issue, boxers don't magically obtain large followings their teams work on it but that wouldn't fit the anti matchroom agenda many have.

Josh Warrington has a huge following - all him. He cultivated that almost entirely himself.

If Crolla boxed for Warren and Flanagan boxed for Hearn, I don't believe Flanagan would be selling out the MEN. Look at Quigg, he can't draw flies. How has Hearn/Matchroom worked on his following?

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 2:15 pm

That's not true with regards to Warrington is it, Hearn tapped into the Leeds football crowd to grow his following.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by hazharrison on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 3:48 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:That's not true with regards to Warrington is it, Hearn tapped into the Leeds football crowd to grow his following.

Warrington tapped into it, not Hearn. The majority of the loons in the centre section of the Arena are Warrington's mates from attending the match. Josh used to go house to house, selling tickets and meeting people face to face. He grew his own following. Fighters start out selling tickets - cash in hand. Those that sell a lot are picked up by promoters (Derry Mathews, Josh Warrington etc.).

Steve Wood helped him forge the links with the club. That's how he got Vinnie Jones etc. to accompany him on his ring walk.

How do you imagine Hearn "tapped into the Leeds football crowd"? Sold them jellied eels at half time at the game?

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 3:53 pm

You paint a pretty picture Haz but you don't honestly believe it though do you?

He might have had a small following but his career took off after he signed with Matchroom, it seems to be your modus operandi to ignore everything they do but a boxer no matter who they are needs a decent promoter.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by milkyboy on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

hazharrison wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:That's not true with regards to Warrington is it, Hearn tapped into the Leeds football crowd to grow his following.

Warrington tapped into it, not Hearn. The majority of the loons in the centre section of the Arena are Warrington's mates from attending the match. Josh used to go house to house, selling tickets and meeting people face to face. He grew his own following. Fighters start out selling tickets - cash in hand. Those that sell a lot are picked up by promoters (Derry Mathews, Josh Warrington etc.).

Steve Wood helped him forge the links with the club. That's how he got Vinnie Jones etc. to accompany him on his ring walk.  

How do you imagine Hearn "tapped into the Leeds football crowd"? Sold them jellied eels at half time at the game?

the mockney cnut would get a few pork pies in his face trying to sell jellied eels at elland road

milkyboy

Posts : 7754
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by milkyboy on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 4:21 pm

hazharrison wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:That's not true with regards to Warrington is it, Hearn tapped into the Leeds football crowd to grow his following.

Warrington tapped into it, not Hearn. The majority of the loons in the centre section of the Arena are Warrington's mates from attending the match. Josh used to go house to house, selling tickets and meeting people face to face. He grew his own following. Fighters start out selling tickets - cash in hand. Those that sell a lot are picked up by promoters (Derry Mathews, Josh Warrington etc.).

Steve Wood helped him forge the links with the club. That's how he got Vinnie Jones etc. to accompany him on his ring walk.  

How do you imagine Hearn "tapped into the Leeds football crowd"? Sold them jellied eels at half time at the game?

the mockney knut would get a few pork pies in his face trying to sell jellied eels at elland road

milkyboy

Posts : 7754
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by hazharrison on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 6:09 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:You paint a pretty picture Haz but you don't honestly believe it though do you?

He might have had a small following but his career took off after he signed with Matchroom, it seems to be your modus operandi to ignore everything they do but a boxer no matter who they are needs a decent promoter.

Josh had packed out the First Direct Arena before he signed with Hearn (against Martin Lindsay). His gate numbers didn't increase hugely after signing with Hearn (in fact, they reduced recently ever so slightly over time - hence the fact Hearn wanted him to fight elsewhere, hence the fact Hearn is no longer promoting him). Yes, his wider exposure increased afterwards - he was a fighter with a huge following on a steady career progression but he was already fighting on Sky. It would have happened anyway, surely?

He created that following himself through sheer hard graft (and a winning personality). He sold 2000 tickets himself for the Dieli fight (as in cash in hand) - only Ricky Hatton can compete with that. If you're going to credit anyone credit Steve Wood. He managed Warrington superbly.

What did Hearn do other than keep putting him on at the Arena (which was a no brainer)?



hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 6:18 pm

The Lindsay fight of course being a matchroom card as was the Munroe fight.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by hazharrison on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 6:26 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:The Lindsay fight of course being a matchroom card as was the Munroe fight.

Warrington being promoted by VIP (Steve Wood) for those two, of course.

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:01 pm

Doesn't really matter does it when his increased popularity coincided with fighting bigger names on Matchroom cards. Debunks your assertion he was big before Eddie.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by hazharrison on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:25 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Doesn't really matter does it when his increased popularity coincided with fighting bigger names on Matchroom cards. Debunks your assertion he was big before Eddie.

He was big before Hearn promoted him. He's continued to fight at the same 10, 000 seater venue he did before Hearn promoted him. He's now left Hearn (which is presumably career suicide in your book considering how Hearn made him?).

When Warren promotes him at Elland Road, he'll presumably have done a much better job than Hearn (even though it's a natural career progression - shoul he keep winning - and hasn't anything to do with the way he's promoted?).

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 9:26 pm

Think Selby v Quigg is a natural match up. .

Not sure stiff city is a viable option for Quigg after stinking his paper belt away and Selby desperately needs exposure and Quigg provides that.

Frampton doesn't need either.

Selby v Quigg...Get it made.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39253
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by hazharrison on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 9:30 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Think Selby v Quigg is a natural match up. .

Not sure stiff city is a viable option for Quigg after stinking his paper belt away and Selby desperately needs exposure and Quigg provides that.

Frampton doesn't need either.

Selby v Quigg...Get it made.

Good fight that but pretty sure Selby's fighting Frampton next. Selby just left Matchroom didn't he?


hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 9:39 pm

Crazy for Barry to feed Frampton to Selby....He's bigger and awkward and brings little food to the table..

Frampton is marketable and while I'm no fan of Barry he is too smart an operator.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39253
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 7:57 am

hazharrison wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Doesn't really matter does it when his increased popularity coincided with fighting bigger names on Matchroom cards. Debunks your assertion he was big before Eddie.

He was big before Hearn promoted him. He's continued to fight at the same 10, 000 seater venue he did before Hearn promoted him. He's now left Hearn (which is presumably career suicide in your book considering how Hearn made him?).

When Warren promotes him at Elland Road, he'll presumably have done a much better job than Hearn (even though it's a natural career progression - shoul he keep winning - and hasn't anything to do with the way he's promoted?).

You're talking out your arse yet again, he started fighting at the First Direct Arena AFTER Matchroom's involvement.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by hazharrison on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 10:18 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Doesn't really matter does it when his increased popularity coincided with fighting bigger names on Matchroom cards. Debunks your assertion he was big before Eddie.

He was big before Hearn promoted him. He's continued to fight at the same 10, 000 seater venue he did before Hearn promoted him. He's now left Hearn (which is presumably career suicide in your book considering how Hearn made him?).

When Warren promotes him at Elland Road, he'll presumably have done a much better job than Hearn (even though it's a natural career progression - shoul he keep winning - and hasn't anything to do with the way he's promoted?).

You're talking out your arse yet again, he started fighting at the First Direct Arena AFTER Matchroom's involvement.

Steve Wood promoted him on a Matchroom card. Matchroom weren't responsible for him packing the arena out - his fanbase was already there.

As usual, anytime anyone tries to debate anything with you, it descends into petty insults when you can't back anything up with facts. You might get a kick out of that but it's boring for everyone else.

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by Herman Jaeger on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 10:29 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Crazy for Barry to feed Frampton to Selby....He's bigger and awkward and brings little food to the table..

Frampton is marketable and while I'm no fan of Barry he is too smart an operator.


You think Selby beats Frampton?

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3240
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 10:34 am

You're wrong Haz, Warrington became a bigger name on Hearn promoted cards, that is indisputable. You can do your usual crap and argue for the sake of it but YOU ARE WRONG.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum