The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

+7
TRUSSMAN66
milkyboy
EX7EY
Derbymanc
Jermaine2015
hazharrison
catchweight
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach - Page 2 Empty Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by catchweight Mon 20 Feb 2017, 6:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Scott Quigg has announced he is leaving Joe Gallaghers Manchester stable and will be moving to the Wild Card gym in LA to team up with Freddie Roach.

Interesting move for Quigg. A few years ago Roach could have been a good fit for him, although I wonder now how much Roach has let to give as he continues to battle Parkinsons. He has started to look quite frail in recent years I have thought. Basing himself in the U.S could open a few extra doors for Quigg as he chances a world title. Aside from the Frampton fight, he has found himself drifting at times over here and playing the part of an undercard filler. There are some good fights in the U.S if he can land them. Some potentially good ones domestically as well. Hopefully Roach can improve him as I think Quigg is quite a good fighter that might have stagnated under Gallagher somewhat (with some poor cornering on a coupe of occasions costing him).

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach - Page 2 Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by hazharrison Thu 30 Mar 2017, 10:53 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:You're wrong Haz, Warrington became a bigger name on Hearn promoted cards, that is indisputable. You can do your usual crap and argue for the sake of it but YOU ARE WRONG.

Dear me, dollies out of the pram.

He did become a bigger name fighting on Matchroom cards, yes, but that wasn't the initial argument (which you've shifted slightly to save face). You argued that Hearn built his fanbase (rather than Josh/Steve).

Warrington had a huge following prior to being promoted to Hearn - one he and Steve Wood built themselves. You disputed that. I explained why it was correct.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach - Page 2 Empty Re: Quigg to team up with Freddie Roach

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 30 Mar 2017, 11:04 am

He had a following that Hearn exploited and increased, that was my original argument, yours being that Hearn did nothing.

It must really suck being wrong all the time Haz and being unable to make people bend to your will, you'll get over it eventually maybe, albeit with your 'issues' I doubt it.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 30 Mar 2017, 11:30 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:He had a following that Hearn exploited and increased, that was my original argument, yours being that Hearn did nothing.

It must really suck being wrong all the time Haz and being unable to make people bend to your will, you'll get over it eventually maybe, albeit with your 'issues' I doubt it.

You claimed he had a "small following" prior to signing with Eddie and that Hearn "tapped into the Leeds football crowd." Josh and Steve Wood had already laid the groundwork in that regard. Warrington built his following himself.

Yes, his popularity increased after signing a promotional contract with Matchroom (as any fighter's would on a similar career trajectory) but he's still fighting in the same 10, 000 seater arena he was before he signed that contract (the one he packed out when he was being promoted by Steve Wood).

I'm not sure what "bending to your will" is all about. This is an online forum, not 50 Shades Darker.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2