The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hartlepool U7s team of the millenium

+4
SecretFly
Sgt_Pooly
TrailApe
BamBam
8 posters

Go down

Hartlepool U7s team of the millenium Empty Hartlepool U7s team of the millenium

Post by BamBam Tue 28 Feb 2017, 12:38 pm

Discuss

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Hartlepool U7s team of the millenium Empty Re: Hartlepool U7s team of the millenium

Post by TrailApe Tue 28 Feb 2017, 2:31 pm

Bunch of monkey hangers!

So despised was the Hartlepool U7 team in the local area that in the early months of WW1 the neighbouring villages all chipped in and paid the German Navy to come and shell the place.

FACT
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Hartlepool U7s team of the millenium Empty Re: Hartlepool U7s team of the millenium

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 07 Mar 2017, 4:01 pm

Eh!!!

That's my home town you're chastising!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 07 Mar 2017, 4:09 pm

TrailApe wrote:Bunch of monkey hangers!

So despised was the Hartlepool U7 team in the local area that in the early months of WW1 the neighbouring villages all chipped in and paid the German Navy to come and shell the place.

FACT

Laugh

My Lord. An event shamefully kept from the history books.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Tue 07 Mar 2017, 4:11 pm

Hate to be pedantic but shouldn't the mods move this to the club section?

Very Happy

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 07 Mar 2017, 4:58 pm

So when did Phil Vickery turn out for them again?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 07 Mar 2017, 5:05 pm

Just played for them twice actually.  Once before the war started and once before the place was shelled.  He kinda decided at that point, in consultation with his agent, that hanging around in Hartlepool wouldn't be advantageous to him furthering his playing career in a living capacity.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Wed 08 Mar 2017, 11:46 am

Well not so much me, t'was the Kriegsmarine.

If it wasn't the U7's (with or without Vickery) why the hell was it shelled?

I could understand the French getting revenge for hanging their monkey, but the Germans must have had a bee in their bonnet about something.
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Wed 08 Mar 2017, 4:56 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Eh!!!

My father was from WEST Hartlepool, he always made that very clear, nothing to do with the other animal abusing lot.

My mother was a colliery lass from just up the road, Blackhall.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 08 Mar 2017, 5:03 pm

Old Hartlepool or the Headland is the inbred area, we don't talk about those folk.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Wed 08 Mar 2017, 7:09 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Old Hartlepool or the Headland is the inbred area, we don't talk about those folk.

Compared to the colliery villages, no one is inbred. My mother got shunned for a long time because she got engaged to a sailor as they put it, actually chief engineer of a fair sized merchantman; not a miner and worse a foreigner! He came from three miles down the road, or possibly track in the forties.

Most of the family live in Horden these days, they have never accepted being part of Peterlee and they have all married people from Horden.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 08 Mar 2017, 7:33 pm

The colleries/Horden are interestimg places, its like a time warp.

I enjoy the original street naming system. First street, second street, third street.....you get the picture.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 08 Mar 2017, 10:09 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:The colleries/Horden are interestimg places, its like a time warp.

I enjoy the original street naming system. First street, second street, third street.....you get the picture.
They must be a cosmopolitan lot up yonder. I thought the only place that numbers streets like that in New York City. How little I knew............

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 09 Mar 2017, 7:09 am

And a little further up North........Washington (not to be confused with the lesser American version) was once split into districts, numbered 1-18. We're very forward thinking up North don't you know.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Thu 09 Mar 2017, 10:42 am

Compared to the colliery villages, no one is inbred. My mother got shunned for a long time because she got engaged to a sailor as they put it, actually chief engineer of a fair sized merchantman; not a miner and worse a foreigner! He came from three miles down the road, or possibly track in the forties.

Young lad from Burradon (or insert any pit village here) goes to his Dad and announces he's keen on a young lass from Cambois (or insert another pit village here).

Dad is very dubious and the Lad picks up on the vibes - throws in what he thinks is the deal clincher 'But Dad, she's a virgin!' Dad relaxes - a way out -  'Listen Son, if she's not good enough for the Cambois lads, she's definetly not good enough for you!'

Last edited by TrailApe on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spillng)
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down