The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales squad for Summer Tour

+24
aucklandlaurie
Stone Motif
carpet baboon
Seagultaf
international198
ScarletSpiderman
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Gooseberry
Winzer
eirebilly
PhilBB
LondonTiger
rosbif
chris_501
RiscaGame
Gwlad
mikey_dragon
munkian
LordDowlais
Cardiff Dave
Luckless Pedestrian
TightHEAD
Shifty
wayne
28 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Wales squad for Summer Tour - Page 5 Empty Wales squad for Summer Tour

Post by munkian Tue 09 May 2017, 12:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

Forwards: Scott Baldwin (Ospreys), Jake Ball (Scarlets), Adam Beard (Ospreys), Kristian Dacey (Cardiff Blues), Seb Davies (Cardiff Blues), Ryan Elias (Scarlets), Rob Evans (Scarlets), Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs), Ollie Griffiths (Newport Gwent Dragons), Cory Hill (Newport Gwent Dragons), Ellis Jenkins (Cardiff Blues), Wyn Jones (Scarlets), James King (Ospreys), Samson Lee (Scarlets), Josh Navidi (Cardiff Blues), Nicky Smith (Ospreys), Rory Thornton (Ospreys), Thomas Young (Wasps).

Backs:Cory Allen (Cardiff Blues), Gareth Anscombe (Cardiff Blues), Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues), Aled Davies (Scarlets), Gareth Davies (Scarlets), Sam Davies (Ospreys), Steff Evans (Scarlets), Keelan Giles (Ospreys), Tyler Morgan (Newport Gwent Dragons), Jamie Roberts (captain, Harlequins), Owen Williams (Leicester Tigers), Rhun Williams (Cardiff Blues), Scott Williams (Scarlets), Tomos Williams (Cardiff Blues).
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Wales squad for Summer Tour - Page 5 Empty Re: Wales squad for Summer Tour

Post by TightHEAD Fri 23 Jun 2017, 9:30 am

Well played Wales, BIG win there plus blooding a few Lions for the next Tour.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Fri 23 Jun 2017, 10:19 am

Unable to watch the 1st half, (school run), the 2nd half performance was excellent, Wales first choice teams in the past have lost to Samoa, even in Wales. So basically a 3rd or even 4th choice players in the pack, and to hold their own was commendable, some of the youngsters really stood out for me, the first choice front row the 3 2nd rows, and are we blessed with a glut of back row options? Yes, thought Aled Davies kicked a little too much, but obviously he was under orders to do so, thought Sam Davies kicked very intelligently, thought Steff Evans took his tries very well.

The important thing for me is that we start to blood some of these players, in a trickle fashion, not stick to the same old players up to the next World Cup. Finally well done to Robin McBride he's taken a lot of flak on these boards (me included) in the past, considering the Coaching issues he's had to endure in the run up to these matches, he's done very well.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jun 2017, 12:22 pm

Just read about a sickness bug the players had. Some players were vomiting at half time! Kudos for coming through with the win. Although I appreciate it's a bit 'All Black-esque' as an excuse.

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 23 Jun 2017, 7:31 pm

Surprised by that win, fair play.

I don't find the sickness thing an excuse to be honest. Not after we won anyway.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jun 2017, 7:45 pm

I meant that it's something that the All Blacks would come out with, more so than us.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 23 Jun 2017, 9:28 pm

I'm struggling to see what positives we can take from this series. Overall we looked like a pub team as did Samoa and Tonga, but I think the forwards can hold their hands up and say they did well. The lack of leadership showed in the front 5 today but good to see they got better as the match went on, and without the back-row we might have lost. Didn't think much of the backs. Anscombe was probably the only one trying but he's no full-back. He should have featured at 10 with Davies not playing well.

I know how this sounds but again I find myself asking how Aled Davies even got a pro contract?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 26 Jun 2017, 11:26 am

I hear Jamie Roberts passed the ball precisely zero times against Samoa. I know the weather wasn't great and his role generally for years with Wales has been to take the ball up, but how depressing a statistic that is. Selecting him in the squad - and making him captain - was always a sop from the management for missing out on the Lions tour. In his absence, yes, we might have lost a match, but we would have learnt much more about our future midfield options, and our back three wouldn't have had to rely on Samoans to give them the ball.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 26 Jun 2017, 11:28 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I hear Jamie Roberts passed the ball precisely zero times against Samoa. I know the weather wasn't great and his role generally for years with Wales has been to take the ball up, but how depressing a statistic that is. Selecting him in the squad - and making him captain - was always a sop from the management for missing out on the Lions tour. In his absence, yes, we might have lost a match, but we would have learnt much more about our future midfield options. As it is, we've won, but we haven't learnt.

Jamie Roberts had a nightmare on Friday, the way he rushed out of the line for their first try was not akin to somebody with his experience.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5