The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eurovision Song Contest 2017

5 posters

Go down

Eurovision Song Contest 2017 Empty Eurovision Song Contest 2017

Post by Muscular-mouse Wed 10 May 2017 - 19:01

Ok guys it's that time of the year again where everyone gets Eurovision fever. I am so excited for the live final on Saturday.

So what do you guys think about the acts? my personal favourite is Sweden but I have a soft spot for Moldova, the saxaphone is amazing.

Anyone betting on this years event? The UK song is very good and reminds me of when Andrew Lloyd webber and Jade came 5th.

Sweden song

uk song

Muscular-mouse

Back to top Go down

Eurovision Song Contest 2017 Empty Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2017

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 11 May 2017 - 1:22

Sorry but Eurovision died with Terry Wogan for me. My pleasure came from his comedic take on the whole show. He knew what it had become - politically biased voting showing neighbourly love. And don't get me started on how dire the music is.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 11 May 2017 - 6:53

Your missing a trick to be fair Craig, I don't like whatsis name normally (so much so i can't remember his name) but he's pretty funny on this and the music is of the so bad it's good variety. (although to be fair, if the missus didn't watch it I wouldn't take any notice of it :-)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 11 May 2017 - 16:11

CaledonianCraig wrote:Sorry but Eurovision died with Terry Wogan for me. My pleasure came from his comedic take on the whole show. He knew what it had become - politically biased voting showing neighbourly love. And don't get me started on how dire the music is.
Wogan was entertaining, but I think you're buying into the 'obvious' line that it's all political when it comes to the voting. Some of it is I'm sure, but if you're an Eastern european, with a history shared with, say, Russia, wouldn't you perhaps vote for songs that sound similar to stuff you like? The truth is, we're either utter crap or what we like simply isn't popular across the rest of 'Europe'.

Still, at least Russia has been told to sod off.

Either way, I'm not watching it. Have some paint to watch dry...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Muscular-mouse Thu 11 May 2017 - 18:54

I don't think Eurovision is that political, Australia nearly won it last year (coming 2nd) and they have no political allies in Europe. Eastern European countries tend to vote for eastern European singers because that style of music is very similer between the countries and often the singer representing eastern European country A will often be all over the radio in Eastern European country B for eg before the competition so the public in that country will be familier with the song and more likely to vote. Its a bit like the UK always giving Ireland a lot of points, we gave Jedward 12 points for crying out loud lol

Some of the songs in Eurovision are actually really good and some are really bad but no one watches it for the amazing songs, its watched because its a bit of fun and we get to see other countries songs and have a light hearted competition over whose song entry was most popular.

Muscular-mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Mon 25 Sep 2017 - 11:53

2 more chances.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down