The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Election Debates

+19
theslosty
88Chris05
Beer
Afro
ShahenshahG
Good Golly I'm Olly
Galted
Samo
Dolphin Ziggler
Scottrf
GSC
CaledonianCraig
navyblueshorts
Hammersmith harrier
JDizzle
Pr4wn
Crimey
TRUSSMAN66
Muscular-mouse
23 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Election Debates - Page 7 Empty Election Debates

Post by Muscular-mouse Tue May 30, 2017 2:19 am

First topic message reminder :

A number of debates are taking place. Below is May v Corbyn. What is everyones' view on the debate? who do you think came out on top? Did the debate change your mind on who you will vote for or convince you who to vote for if you were undecided?

Muscular-mouse

Back to top Go down

Election Debates - Page 7 Empty Re: Election Debates

Post by Muscular-mouse Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:32 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
Musclular-mouse wrote:not quite sure what you mean by your last message.

The lib dems got 8% at the last election and look set for between 6-8% tomorrow. Problem with the lib dems is people still don't trust them after student fees and ema and vat increase and the bedroom tax and so on and so on when they were in power.

leave voters seem to be voting conservative as research has shown and remain voters are split between labour and plaid crymu in wales, snp and labour in Scotland and labour, lib dem and green in the uk.

The leave vote seems concentrated with the conservatives with ukip losing a massive amount of votes to the torys (poll prediction) and the remain vote is spit between the main left wing parties with labour picking up a few votes from lib dem and green and the majority of votes from new voters and the young who never voted in 2015.
Which shows how dumb so many are. They were a (small) minority party in a coalition Government whom the Tories stitched up to take all the negative publicity.

minority or not they still voted FOR the legislation. They had the choice not to but they voted FOR it. You can't spend years telling everyone you oppose fees and then vote in favour of trebling them, you will lose trust.

It would be the equivalent of if UKIP got into a coalition and were the minority party and they voted in favour of remaining in the EU and then tried to say that the reason they went back on their principle of leaving the EU was because they were a minority party in a coalition. They would lose all trust just like the lib dems have.

Muscular-mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:38 am

Lib Dems could have really pushed this election, they'd gone in as the party that was still opposed to Brexit but public opposition to the Tories very much migrated to the traditional Labour vote, a leader like Clegg would have really been a much stronger force than Tim 'Nice but hates the gays' Farron, just unfortunately Clegg always had to die on his sword for the tuition fees.
I've previously voted for Lib Dems in every election until now and even I've given up on them in this election.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:39 am

It's not really, it's more akin if UKIP went into coalion and voted for a business rate increase they opposed in their manifesto to secure a vote on leaving the EU
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:41 am

The remain vote hasn't stuck for the Lib Dems and they have no plan B that differentiates themselves from the Tories/Labour.

Don't blame them, I'd have gone with the same strategy, it just hasn't worked at all.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Muscular-mouse Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:45 am

Hero wrote:Lib Dems could have really pushed this election, they'd gone in as the party that was still opposed to Brexit but public opposition to the Tories very much migrated to the traditional Labour vote, a leader like Clegg would have really been a much stronger force than Tim 'Nice but hates the gays' Farron, just unfortunately Clegg always had to die on his sword for the tuition fees.
I've previously voted for Lib Dems in every election until now and even I've given up on them in this election.

To be fair I like Tim Farron, but he is no Nick Clegg that is true.

The lib dems look like they will never recover from their time in government. Even with Brexit and their stance being the most pro-EU party they are still struggling to get 8% of the vote share which will be roughly 10mps.

Problem is why vote lib dem if Labour have a chance of winning in your constituency? There used to be reasons before such as tuition fees and 'protest' vote but those reasons are gone.

Muscular-mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:56 am

Have a lot of time for Clegg, an extremely intelligent, well articulated and passionate politician. When he first entered politics if he had picked either of the two main parties I'm sure he would have ended up as PM.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:20 am

https://twitter.com/Harry_Moore_/status/872717737877000192

Genuinely might be one of the best things I've ever seen
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:41 am

I liked Clegg too, got shafted a bit.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Muscular-mouse Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:12 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I liked Clegg too, got shafted a bit.

Well he lost his seat

Muscular-mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:37 pm

2015 - 43 percent 18-24 voted

2017 - 72 percent 18-24 voted.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Muscular-mouse Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:08 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:2015 - 43 percent 18-24 voted

2017 - 72 percent 18-24 voted.

Scenes like this probably inspired the younger generation to vote.

Muscular-mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7