The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RG - Day 9

+11
MrInvisible
JuliusHMarx
temporary21
CaledonianCraig
alfie
slashermcguirk
lags72
naxroy
Guest82
prostaff85
sirfredperry
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

RG - Day 9 - Page 2 Empty RG - Day 9

Post by sirfredperry Mon 05 Jun 2017, 8:27 am

First topic message reminder :

Murray up against Khachanov after the 21-year-old upset Isner. I would have expected Murray to beat Isner and I think Khach will be an even easier match, despite the Russian's obvious talent. Getting an unseeded player in the 4th round of a slam is a bonus for Andy, after getting the short-straw of a third-round meeting with delpo.
   Nishi, after being taken to five in previous round, takes on Verdasco. You always worry about two things with Nishi - his serve and his fitness. It could be argued that the combination has prevented him reaching the very top.
   Stan should beat Monfils (what a player he could have been if he'd cut the circus act) while Cilic should have too much for Anderson.
   The French are guaranteed at least one player in the next round in the women, with Garcia taking on Cornet. Halep also in action. My dark horse - Stosur - is out. I thought Caroline W looked in good form yesterday.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

RG - Day 9 - Page 2 Empty Re: RG - Day 9

Post by Born Slippy Tue 06 Jun 2017, 5:39 pm

Before Kei played Verdasco:

Belovedluckyboy wrote:Raonic lost to PCB so he won't be making the QF.  I suspect Kei may be next, as Verdasco looks great this FO so far.

When trying to argue that Kei had an easy draw:

Belovedluckyboy wrote:Verdasco didn't smash up Herbert though, being pushed to five sets by the non clay court pedigree, how about that?

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Belovedluckyboy Tue 06 Jun 2017, 6:29 pm

BS, so? Verdasco did play well in two out of three of his matches, 'smashed' his opponents, using your term; so of course he might pose problems for Kei.

And, look at how Kei played his matches; he needed four sets to beat Kokkinakis in R1, who was just back from his injuries; was pushed to five sets by Chung the young Korean. Verdasco played an erratic match vs Kei, and they bageled each other. How's that for Kei's section of the draw?

Belovedluckyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum