The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If anyone Khan Brook Khan

+4
Guest82
milkyboy
Mr Bounce
huw
8 posters

Go down

If anyone Khan Brook Khan Empty If anyone Khan Brook Khan

Post by huw Mon 05 Jun 2017, 3:51 pm

So if Brook and Khan were to announce a fight for the end of this year would anyone care?

Probably would be a decent contest but not the big stadium fight they would have been able to have prior to Spence Jr.

Obviously Matchroom would go out of their way to make it look like Brook has a personality and that Khan actually wants to fight for something other than the payday. They would probably also throw in a grudge angle which Hearn would probably struggle with as it's not something he's overly familiar with.

Would Khan just be able to pepper the eyes of Brook until he Broke or would Brook time him on the way in and catch him with a hook that he Khan't get up from?

I would probably watch the fight as I do like both fighters but it just wouldn't matter to me who won as it looks like both are no longer in the running at the higher ends of the rankings.

huw

Back to top Go down

If anyone Khan Brook Khan Empty Re: If anyone Khan Brook Khan

Post by Mr Bounce Mon 05 Jun 2017, 5:04 pm

This all depends on Brook's eye and the medical advice he's going to get. Until more is known Khan may as well chase a fight with Bruno Brooks.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 05 Jun 2017, 7:15 pm

I'm not sure khan ever wanted to fight Kel, he was overheard in a bar saying he wouldn't mind going a few rounds with Kelly brook, and it was misinterpreted.

Bruno Brookes has sneaky counter right that would do for Amir.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Tue 06 Jun 2017, 12:22 pm

I think Khan is planning on using this as his cash out fight, don't think he's interested at the moment though. It'd probably sell a stadium and do good PPV numbers as they are both well known and at least fringe world level. A bit of Eddie's promotion with the domestic grudge match angle and pretty sure it would sell.

Brook will likely come back at 154 though which may be an issue for Khan. Also, another loss for either and it becomes a less attractive fight, but a few wins each and it becomes more attractive.

In reality Khan thinks a bit too much of himself and will probably price himself out of it when he does actually want it.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSquaredCircle Tue 06 Jun 2017, 1:27 pm

Catch weight at 150-154 would favour brook. I'm sure khans side will be adamant for 147 to retain some edge.

TheSquaredCircle

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 06 Jun 2017, 1:31 pm

Won't happen..For the money they want...it isn't financially viable.

Brook has been stopped twice in a row...Khan left unconscious in his last fight.

Brook needs to come through a decent fight or two intact.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSquaredCircle Tue 06 Jun 2017, 1:35 pm

Brook v Peterson (play the I beat him more soundly card)
Khan v Garcia 2
Winners to face each other
(Off course the first mentioned fight ignores any foul play that may've gone on in the past)

TheSquaredCircle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Wed 07 Jun 2017, 3:12 pm

Khan seemed pretty happy to wait until Brook was fit again to fight him in the post fight interview. Khan mentioned that he was willing to even wait whilst Brook had a tune up. Khan literally has no other option than Brook. WBC kicked him off their rankings. So he's got no realistic opportunity to land a belt. So he'll wait for Brook. No point in Khan fighting Garcia or Peterson as he would probably lose and kill off the Brook fight.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Fri 09 Jun 2017, 4:24 pm

Yea both of them are at the end

Brook probably only has a handful of fights because of that eye and Khan has no passion, just wants a couple cash out fights before he retires early which he's always wanted

It has to be at 154 ideally as Brook can't make 147 and thy slightly favours Brook imo

But khan can accumulate damage quickly, think that eye will take a lot of shots if Brook can't end him early

It's still a big fight but deffo lost something imo both in the actually fight and the public want for it
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down