The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joke fights here we come!!

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Joke fights here we come!!

Post by TheSquaredCircle on Wed 14 Jun - 23:34

First topic message reminder :

So it's confirmed.....mayweather vs Conor McGregor.
The lay public and mostly MMA fans will be most enthused by this fight. I think it's the start of a WWE style entertainment farce. People will be going crazy on social media about the legitimacy of this fight and how it's the greatest thing to ever happen. The reality is that it is chalk and cheese fighting......might as well pair Andy Murray up with Freddy flintoff for the WBA belt. The spanner in the works could be mayweather along lay off and age. Is this a horrendous scam fight or should we be excited that boxing is reaching even more platforms?

TheSquaredCircle

Posts : 110
Join date : 2017-05-26

Back to top Go down


Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 14 Jul - 11:48

If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
The general who wins the battle makes many calculations in his temple before the battle is fought. The general who loses makes but few calculations beforehand.
-Sun Tsu

Dont underestimate the role psychology can play in a battle. McGregor has been underestimated in nearly every fight he has faced to date. He is being underestimated here too because people are looking at the tangibles. The intangible advantage he has is that he completely destroys opponents mentally before each fight and they fail to perform to their best.


Last edited by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 14 Jul - 11:51; edited 1 time in total

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Scottrf on Fri 14 Jul - 11:49

Boxing great beats he who has never boxed professionally - Sun Tzu.

Scottrf

Posts : 14189
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by LionsV2 on Fri 14 Jul - 11:55

GunsGermsV2 wrote:If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
The general who wins the battle makes many calculations in his temple before the battle is fought. The general who loses makes but few calculations beforehand.
-Sun Tsu

Dont underestimate the role psychology can play in a battle. McGregor has been underestimated in nearly every fight he has faced to date. He is being underestimated here too because people are looking at the tangibles. The intangible advantage he has is that he completely destroys opponents mentally before each fight and they fail to perform to their best.
Like Nick Diaz?

LionsV2

Posts : 791
Join date : 2017-07-12

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 14 Jul - 11:58

You mean Nate Diaz? Diaz is a lot bigger than McGregor and he over came him in the end. I dont think there have ever been an MMA fighter with a 100% record. It is a tougher sport.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Guest on Fri 14 Jul - 12:00

GunsGermsV2 wrote:If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
The general who wins the battle makes many calculations in his temple before the battle is fought. The general who loses makes but few calculations beforehand.
-Sun Tsu
In that case Mayweather has already won - because he engineered the battle to occur on his own grounds (boxing ring) and to his own rules of engagement (boxing).

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 14 Jul - 12:04

No name Bertie wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
The general who wins the battle makes many calculations in his temple before the battle is fought. The general who loses makes but few calculations beforehand.
-Sun Tsu
In that case Mayweather has already won - because he engineered the battle to occur on his own grounds (boxing ring) and to his own rules of engagement (boxing).

McGregor was a boxer before he was an MMA fighter, it is not like he has never boxed before. He also prefers to box than grapple so I think he is pretty comfortable with the arrangement. I think he will break Floyd mentally before a punch is thrown.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Scottrf on Fri 14 Jul - 12:06

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
No name Bertie wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
The general who wins the battle makes many calculations in his temple before the battle is fought. The general who loses makes but few calculations beforehand.
-Sun Tsu
In that case Mayweather has already won - because he engineered the battle to occur on his own grounds (boxing ring) and to his own rules of engagement (boxing).

McGregor was a boxer before he was an MMA fighter, it is not like he has never boxed before. He also prefers to box than grapple so I think he is pretty comfortable with the arrangement. I think he will break Floyd mentally before a punch is thrown.
Really? Looks like it.

Scottrf

Posts : 14189
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by marty2086 on Fri 14 Jul - 12:06

No name Bertie wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
The general who wins the battle makes many calculations in his temple before the battle is fought. The general who loses makes but few calculations beforehand.
-Sun Tsu
In that case Mayweather has already won - because he engineered the battle to occur on his own grounds (boxing ring) and to his own rules of engagement (boxing).

Against an opponent who he has no idea how they will come at him

McGregor is unorthodox even in MMA, he will need to adjust for boxing but will no doubt still be unorthodox

Mayweather has everything to lose and McGregor has nothing to lose, Mayweather thinks his 0 makes him the greatest of all time because he ran from fighters at their peak to avoid losing it. McGregor loses and its a simple case of he could never win, both are used to the position but losing this fight will be bigger for Mayweather than if he were to lose any other fight

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 14 Jul - 12:09

I presume Mayweather must have lost to someone to get a Olympic bronze medal too.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 14 Jul - 12:10

Scottrf wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
No name Bertie wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
The general who wins the battle makes many calculations in his temple before the battle is fought. The general who loses makes but few calculations beforehand.
-Sun Tsu
In that case Mayweather has already won - because he engineered the battle to occur on his own grounds (boxing ring) and to his own rules of engagement (boxing).

McGregor was a boxer before he was an MMA fighter, it is not like he has never boxed before. He also prefers to box than grapple so I think he is pretty comfortable with the arrangement. I think he will break Floyd mentally before a punch is thrown.
Really? Looks like it.

Are you an expert in boxing Scott?

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Scottrf on Fri 14 Jul - 12:11

GunsGermsV2 wrote:I presume Mayweather must have lost to someone to get a Olympic bronze medal too.
He won, but was robbed by poor judging. The fact is that since then he's had a 50 fight career at the highest level. McGregor is basically a triathlete thinking he can do a bit extra training and beat Farah.

Scottrf

Posts : 14189
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by marty2086 on Fri 14 Jul - 12:11

GunsGermsV2 wrote:I presume Mayweather must have lost to someone to get a Olympic bronze medal too.

And how well he took that

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Scottrf on Fri 14 Jul - 12:12

GunsGermsV2 wrote:Are you an expert in boxing Scott?
Depends how you define it, but I know a lot. Not that you need to to see how poor he is.

Scottrf

Posts : 14189
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by marty2086 on Fri 14 Jul - 12:12

Scottrf wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:Are you an expert in boxing Scott?
Depends how you define it, but I know a lot. Not that you need to to see how poor he is.

Based on the 0 boxing matches you've seen him in? Headscratch

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Scottrf on Fri 14 Jul - 12:14

marty2086 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:Are you an expert in boxing Scott?
Depends how you define it, but I know a lot. Not that you need to to see how poor he is.

Based on the 0 boxing matches you've seen him in? Headscratch
Well, you can see his coordination from his MMA fights and training videos (limited evidence admittedly). Surely the wise thing would be to presume that he can't do that which he's never shown at a decent level though?

Scottrf

Posts : 14189
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 14 Jul - 12:17

Scottrf wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:Are you an expert in boxing Scott?
Depends how you define it, but I know a lot. Not that you need to to see how poor he is.

Were you a boxer yourself or boxing coach?

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by milkyboy on Fri 14 Jul - 12:19

we have guns quoting Sun Tsu, we just need onetwo to bring some warrior code to this thread

I completely agree that the pressure is on mayweather, he'll look a numpty if he loses... but he's used to being favourite, he's used to huge ppv events, so i'm not entirely convinced that a guy who's consistently fought bigger, harder hitting opponents all his life, is going to brick it because of a pithy one-liner from mcgregor

milkyboy

Posts : 7754
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by LionsV2 on Fri 14 Jul - 12:20

So you two are actually being serious?

McGregor has zero chance of looking at all competitive.

LionsV2

Posts : 791
Join date : 2017-07-12

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Scottrf on Fri 14 Jul - 12:20

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:Are you an expert in boxing Scott?
Depends how you define it, but I know a lot. Not that you need to to see how poor he is.

Were you a boxer yourself or boxing coach?
No but I've watched a lot of boxing. Keep up the ad hominems but after the fight you'll look back at how stupid you were to think you can cross sports and beat the best.

Scottrf

Posts : 14189
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 14 Jul - 12:25

Scottrf wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:Are you an expert in boxing Scott?
Depends how you define it, but I know a lot. Not that you need to to see how poor he is.

Were you a boxer yourself or boxing coach?
No but I've watched a lot of boxing. Keep up the ad hominems but after the fight you'll look back at how stupid you were to think you can cross sports and beat the best.

What ad hominems? You just called me stupid Scott I asked you a genuine question. It is interesting to get the opinion of experts, was just gauging your level of expertise. I think the only ad hominems are coming from you.

I think boxing fans, fighters and coaches just dont want to believe that McGregor can mount any kind of challenge because it would make a mockery of their sport.


Last edited by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 14 Jul - 12:27; edited 1 time in total

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 14 Jul - 12:26

milkyboy wrote:we have guns quoting Sun Tsu, we just need onetwo to bring some warrior code to this thread

I completely agree that the pressure is on mayweather, he'll look a numpty if he loses... but he's used to being favourite, he's used to huge ppv events, so i'm not entirely convinced that a guy who's consistently fought bigger, harder hitting opponents all his life, is going to brick it because of a pithy one-liner from mcgregor

Great quotes you have to admit.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by marty2086 on Fri 14 Jul - 12:26

Scottrf wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:Are you an expert in boxing Scott?
Depends how you define it, but I know a lot. Not that you need to to see how poor he is.

Based on the 0 boxing matches you've seen him in? Headscratch
Well, you can see his coordination from his MMA fights and training videos (limited evidence admittedly). Surely the wise thing would be to presume that he can't do that which he's never shown at a decent level though?

Those are meaningless, your stance in MMA is completely different to boxing because you have protect against takedowns and other manoeuvres. Training videos can be whatever you want them to be, they can make you look strong if you want or they can make you look weak if you want your opponent to be overconfident

Jose Aldo said he saw flaws in McGregors approach but he never got a chance to exploit it

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Scottrf on Fri 14 Jul - 12:27

GunsGermsV2 wrote:What ad hominems? You just called me stupid Scott I asked you a genuine question. I think the only ad hominems are coming from you.

I think boxing fans, fighters and coaches just dont want to believe that McGregor can mount any kind of challenge because it would make a mockery of their sport.
Not you, your stance.

Agreed. It would. We shall see.

I hope the money keeps coming in on McGregor because he performs well at press conferences though.

Scottrf

Posts : 14189
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 14 Jul - 12:56

Not sure what is more depressing the fact this fight is being allowed to go ahead....Boxing is a dangerous sport and mismatches like this are dangerous..

The fact Boxing is legitimising a sport where boys roll about cuddling eachother on the floor.

Or reading comments that think a guy with no experience can go in and be competitive with a great..

A sad indictment of the state of Boxing...

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39257
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by marty2086 on Fri 14 Jul - 13:04

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not sure what is more depressing the fact this fight is being allowed to go ahead....Boxing is a dangerous sport and mismatches like this are dangerous..

The fact Boxing is legitimising a sport where boys roll about cuddling eachother on the floor.

Or reading comments that think a guy with no experience can go in and be competitive with a great..

A sad indictment of the state of Boxing...

What a completely ignorant statement, especially given the amount of 'cuddling' Mayweather likes to do in his fights.

You say McGregor has no experience yet he knows what it's like to go in and fight, that may be different but it's not nothing. While you may consider Mayweather a great, he hasn't fought for two years, is 40 years old and going in against a younger and probably fitter and hungrier fighter

MMA doesn't need legitimising by the way, it's done that pretty well on its own and thats in spite of boxing promoters doing all they can to prevent its growth, the state of boxing is down solely to it being used as an easy payday throughout the years as Mayweather is proving. MMA is providing the template that many are starting to see that boxing is needing to follow, fans want to see big exciting fights and this has the potential to be exciting, regardless of the outcome but Mayweather will try his damnedest to prevent it being so.


marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by LionsV2 on Fri 14 Jul - 13:15

It has absolutely no chance of being exciting, I cannot believe that anyone who knows anything about boxing would think this is a legitimate fight.

LionsV2

Posts : 791
Join date : 2017-07-12

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 14 Jul - 13:29

How disrespectful to Hatton...Manny..Alvarez types for someone to suggest someone can come in with no experience from another sport and stick it to Floyd.

If I am ignorant then so be it.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39257
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 14 Jul - 13:32

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not sure what is more depressing the fact this fight is being allowed to go ahead....Boxing is a dangerous sport and mismatches like this are dangerous..

The fact Boxing is legitimising a sport where boys roll about cuddling eachother on the floor.

Or reading comments that think a guy with no experience can go in and be competitive with a great..

A sad indictment of the state of Boxing...

This is a fairly good summary of what most boxing fans think as far as I can tell. If you see no merit in MMA you are obviously going to think Floyd will destroy McGregor, however, McGregor is an incredible athlete by any sporting standards, he is very tough and mentally very very strong. He has plenty of attributes that make a good fighter or boxer.

I dont think McGregor would be able to beat Floyd at his peak but he isnt at his peak. I also think that Floyd will find it hard to fight as well as he normally would because McGregor will talk him out of it. Whether that will be enough, time will tell but I do think people are underestimating him.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 14 Jul - 13:33

LionsV2 wrote:It has absolutely no chance of being exciting, I cannot believe that anyone who knows anything about boxing would think this is a legitimate fight.

The Paquiao v Mayweather was incredibly dull. Mayweather hugged him for 12 rounds. It is bound to be a more exciting fight because McGregor is going to try and blitz him.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 14 Jul - 13:35

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:How disrespectful to Hatton...Manny..Alvarez types for someone to suggest someone can come in with no experience from another sport and stick it to Floyd.

If I am ignorant then so be it.

You say another sport but they are both fighters. Its not like its a golfer trying to fight a pro boxer. Who cares what Hatton and Co. think anyway, they aren't involved. Anyway I know that Hatton is a big McGregor fan.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by LionsV2 on Fri 14 Jul - 13:36

McGregor won't be talking Mayweather out of anything nor does he possess any actual boxing ability, sums up MMA fans that they're trying to suggest otherwise.

LionsV2

Posts : 791
Join date : 2017-07-12

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 14 Jul - 13:46

LionsV2 wrote:McGregor won't be talking Mayweather out of anything nor does he possess any actual boxing ability, sums up MMA fans that they're trying to suggest otherwise.

Is there any basis to your belief that he has no boxing ability?

Before he was famous in MMA he trained with a well known boxing coach Paschal Collins (Steve Collins brother) who claims that McGregor has all the skills to make it in boxing. He comes from an amateur boxing background and has continued to train with Collins throughout his MMA career. Steve Collins himself said the he thinks McGregor can win.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by AdamT on Fri 14 Jul - 13:47

McGregor beats Floyd in boxing lol??

Cain Velasquez can no doubt beat Anthony Joshua too?

No doubt McGregor will be challenging the winner of GGG and Canelo next Rolling Eyes

I'm a Conor fan, but he hasn't even defended a belt in UFC and Nate handed his a** to him at 196. The rematch was also life and death for him. I don't want to hear nonsense Diaz is bigger. Diaz is a 155 fighter and has never been the best in the division.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by marty2086 on Fri 14 Jul - 13:48

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:How disrespectful to Hatton...Manny..Alvarez types for someone to suggest someone can come in with no experience from another sport and stick it to Floyd.

If I am ignorant then so be it.

No your ignorance was towards MMA, you say a different sport as if its completely alien. Rugby Union and League are different sports but plenty move between the two. In this case its probably more like Aussie Rules and GAA due to a cross over in fundamentals but there is an ability and skill set there that can be translated.

This isn't Floyd Mayweather of old, this is old Floyd Mayweather. Retired and fighting because he has too and needs to to get the taxman off his back.


marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by LionsV2 on Fri 14 Jul - 13:49

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
LionsV2 wrote:McGregor won't be talking Mayweather out of anything nor does he possess any actual boxing ability, sums up MMA fans that they're trying to suggest otherwise.

Is there any basis to your belief that he has no boxing ability?

Before he was famous in MMA he trained with a well known boxing coach Paschal Collins (Steve Collins brother) who claims that McGregor has all the skills to make it in boxing. He comes from an amateur boxing background and has continued to train with Collins throughout his MMA career. Steve Collins himself said the he thinks McGregor can win.

That has me convinced.

LionsV2

Posts : 791
Join date : 2017-07-12

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by marty2086 on Fri 14 Jul - 13:51

AdamT wrote:McGregor beats Floyd in boxing lol??

Cain Velasquez can no doubt beat Anthony Joshua too?

No doubt McGregor will be challenging the winner of GGG and Canelo next Rolling Eyes

I'm a Conor fan, but he hasn't even defended a belt in UFC and Nate handed his a** to him at 196. The rematch was also life and death for him. I don't want to hear nonsense Diaz is bigger. Diaz is a 155 fighter and has never been the best in the division.

You mean other than his interim belt? Cant exactly blame him that Aldo turned him down at 196 before the match was made with Diaz

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by marty2086 on Fri 14 Jul - 13:52

LionsV2 wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
LionsV2 wrote:McGregor won't be talking Mayweather out of anything nor does he possess any actual boxing ability, sums up MMA fans that they're trying to suggest otherwise.

Is there any basis to your belief that he has no boxing ability?

Before he was famous in MMA he trained with a well known boxing coach Paschal Collins (Steve Collins brother) who claims that McGregor has all the skills to make it in boxing. He comes from an amateur boxing background and has continued to train with Collins throughout his MMA career. Steve Collins himself said the he thinks McGregor can win.

That has me convinced.

Well they would know better than any of us given that they have, you know, seen him box

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by LionsV2 on Fri 14 Jul - 13:54

They have no ulterior motive for saying these things at all.

LionsV2

Posts : 791
Join date : 2017-07-12

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 14 Jul - 13:55

marty2086 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:How disrespectful to Hatton...Manny..Alvarez types for someone to suggest someone can come in with no experience from another sport and stick it to Floyd.

If I am ignorant then so be it.

No your ignorance was towards MMA, you say a different sport as if its completely alien. Rugby Union and League are different sports but plenty move between the two. In this case its probably more like Aussie Rules and GAA due to a cross over in fundamentals but there is an ability and skill set there that can be translated.

This isn't Floyd Mayweather of old, this is old Floyd Mayweather. Retired and fighting because he has too and needs to to get the taxman off his back.


It is Alien Marty....Takes years and years to be able to box at the highest level....

One only has to point to the talented O'Hara Davies being well beaten by a studied professional in Taylor.

But if you're serious and not looking for a bite.. then you pays your money and you takes your choice.

Won't be buying this or Eubank.


Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 14 Jul - 13:56; edited 1 time in total

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39257
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by marty2086 on Fri 14 Jul - 13:56

LionsV2 wrote:They have no ulterior motive for saying these things at all.

Such as?

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 14 Jul - 13:57

AdamT wrote:McGregor beats Floyd in boxing lol??

Cain Velasquez can no doubt beat Anthony Joshua too?

No doubt McGregor will be challenging the winner of GGG and Canelo next Rolling Eyes

I'm a Conor fan, but he hasn't even defended a belt in UFC and Nate handed his a** to him at 196. The rematch was also life and death for him. I don't want to hear nonsense Diaz is bigger. Diaz is a 155 fighter and has never been the best in the division.

Diaz is more of a 170 fighter and that's the weight he fought McGregor at and various other fights. The 2nd last time he fought at 155 he didnt make the weight against Dos Anjos. Its pretty obvious he is a bigger guy than McGregor.

Cain Velasquez doesnt come from a boxing background but McGregor does.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by LionsV2 on Fri 14 Jul - 13:58

marty2086 wrote:
LionsV2 wrote:They have no ulterior motive for saying these things at all.

Such as?


Money and nationalistic pride.

LionsV2

Posts : 791
Join date : 2017-07-12

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 14 Jul - 13:59

LionsV2 wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
LionsV2 wrote:McGregor won't be talking Mayweather out of anything nor does he possess any actual boxing ability, sums up MMA fans that they're trying to suggest otherwise.

Is there any basis to your belief that he has no boxing ability?

Before he was famous in MMA he trained with a well known boxing coach Paschal Collins (Steve Collins brother) who claims that McGregor has all the skills to make it in boxing. He comes from an amateur boxing background and has continued to train with Collins throughout his MMA career. Steve Collins himself said the he thinks McGregor can win.

That has me convinced.

but can you back up your claim that mcGregor has no boxing ability? Even Freddie Roach has said McGregor has ability even if he thinks he wont win.


GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by LionsV2 on Fri 14 Jul - 14:01

I've seen enough footage of him sparring to be confident that he has no actual ability.

LionsV2

Posts : 791
Join date : 2017-07-12

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 14 Jul - 14:03

LionsV2 wrote:I've seen enough footage of him sparring to be confident that he has no actual ability.

I have a perfect Sun Tsu quote for that if you like?

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by marty2086 on Fri 14 Jul - 14:09

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:How disrespectful to Hatton...Manny..Alvarez types for someone to suggest someone can come in with no experience from another sport and stick it to Floyd.

If I am ignorant then so be it.

No your ignorance was towards MMA, you say a different sport as if its completely alien. Rugby Union and League are different sports but plenty move between the two. In this case its probably more like Aussie Rules and GAA due to a cross over in fundamentals but there is an ability and skill set there that can be translated.

This isn't Floyd Mayweather of old, this is old Floyd Mayweather. Retired and fighting because he has too and needs to to get the taxman off his back.


It is Alien Marty....Takes years and years to be able to box at the highest level....

One only has to point to the talented O'Hara Davies being well beaten by a studied professional in Taylor.

But if you're serious anote not looking for a bite.. then you pays your money and you takes your choice.

Won't be buying this or Eubank.

Thankfully I don't need to pay to watch it Whistle

That's the problem with it though, everyones expecting the Mayweather of old but its not guaranteed you get that and it is hard for him to be it. McGregor isn't a guy coming in starting from scratch like many are making out.

Against others at the top level Mayweather won because he could negate his opponents strengths but what will be McGregors?

Your example of Davies isn't a bad one but Davies was a guy reliant one attribute trying to win the fight and theres an element of poor coaching involved there or even just a limited fighter, I don't think McGregor it limited but the experience will be important

For me its a chess match and its the numerous unknowns that make it so, McGregor has the ability to knock him out and that to me means Floyd has to be able to do the same and I don't think he has that in him.

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by marty2086 on Fri 14 Jul - 14:10

LionsV2 wrote:I've seen enough footage of him sparring to be confident that he has no actual ability.

So you've seen all of two minutes compared to the hours others have seen. Footage taken and released by the camp Laugh

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Scottrf on Fri 14 Jul - 14:11

marty2086 wrote:Against others at the top level Mayweather won because he could negate his opponents strengths but what will be McGregors?
Fantastic. McGregor will win because he has no strengths.

As for ability to knock him out, I can't think where we've heard that before with Mayweather.

Scottrf

Posts : 14189
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by marty2086 on Fri 14 Jul - 14:13

Scottrf wrote:
marty2086 wrote:Against others at the top level Mayweather won because he could negate his opponents strengths but what will be McGregors?
Fantastic. McGregor will win because he has no strengths.

As for ability to knock him out, I can't think where we've heard that before with Mayweather.

Im saying Mayweathers going in not knowing what McGregor offers, it limits his ability to prepare a comprehensive game plan

It may even force him on to the front foot early on to see what McGregor offers

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 14 Jul - 14:14

McGregor in the 3rd round. TKO

I think Tony McGregor v Floyd Snr should be on the under card

or someone fighting a bear like they used to do in the 20s.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum