The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+21
SmithersJones
1GrumpyGolfer
Plunky
Hibbz
Roller_Coaster
JAS
navyblueshorts
I'm never wrong
Yadsendew
puligny
MontysMerkin
Davie
raycastleunited
Mad for Chelsea
kwinigolfer
pedro
Be_the_ball
beninho
McLaren
Diggers
dynamark
25 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by dynamark Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:23 am

First topic message reminder :

He came across very poor as did fellow lib Clegg with his constant sniping at the Brexit issue.
Good riddance to both.Libs may well be a non entity now.
Tories have to proceed with caution now and build up some confidence again.

Our fire guy at work is telling us today that they really should have gone for a full evacuation at an early stage but that runs right against all previous policy putting residents and fire staff in potentially greater danger.In Blackadder terms it would have been going 'over the top'

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:04 pm

Ben

It clears up how the model feels about being in the ad but will it change the way many black people felt about the ad?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by raycastleunited Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:21 pm

dynamark wrote:

Hi folks .Comment on the Dunhill amateurs scores which were stupidly low.
Rock and McFadden were 37 under which means MacF must have been 23 under for 4 rounds.
So I'm assuming they were not adjusting their personal handicaps after each round which you or I would have to do.

I don't think you would adjust your handicap after each round. It's a single competition so you play off the same handicap for all rounds.

Looks like it was better ball. You can see the team scores on the Euro Tour website.

Maybe some of the handicaps were dodgy. What is likely though is that many amateurs beat their handicaps due to the benign conditions, friendly pin positions and short rough. For all the amateurs this is a massive highlight of the year, I follow a couple on instagram and they were working really hard on their game ahead of the tournament. If you play once a month and have a handicap of 18, a few intensive weeks of playing and coaching and you would expect to bring your scores down by 3 or 4 shots a round minimum.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:29 pm

Mac,

I think it was badly edited, and the overall premise was not racist, in fact it was about everyone being equal. The short version looks bad, I dont think the hysteria is justified. I do think it could have been handled better.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:40 pm

Sadly Syria won't be going to the world cup. Would have been nice to see them have something vaguely positive to look forward to.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:26 am

Why? Who wants yet another crappy team in the World Cup Mac? (England are already there) If it's just to be sentimental because it makes you feel better as a SJW, well you could pick a dozen countries who fit the bill.

I'd much rather see someone like Iceland there, than Syria.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:32 am

super_realist wrote:Why? Who wants yet another crappy team in the World Cup Mac?

They probably have a few bombers up front..

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:49 am

pedro wrote:
super_realist wrote:Why? Who wants yet another crappy team in the World Cup Mac?

They probably have a few bombers up front..

Hope they're not on the end of a holocaust scoreline.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:34 am

beninho wrote:Mac,

I think it was badly edited, and the overall premise was not racist, in fact it was about everyone being equal. The short version looks bad, I dont think the hysteria is justified. I do think it could have been handled better.
Yeah, everything is not black or white...

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:47 pm

Terrible result for USA Football as they lose to Trinidad & Tobago and miss out on any chance to qualify for the World Cup Finals.
Big black eyes all round, none more so than in the boardroom of FOX who spent the big bucks to outbid ESPN for the Moscow coverage. Pity they couldn't find it within themselves to cover last night's game. Idiots.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:10 pm

USA suffering some genetic issues as well then?

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:16 pm

McLaren wrote:USA suffering some genetic issues as well then?

Due to the heavy immigration from Scotland perhaps?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:14 am

Funny how Iniesta, Xavi etc all managed to cope with their genetic problems. At least they were tall enough to lift the world cup and euro trophies.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:20 am

raycastleunited wrote:Funny how Iniesta, Xavi etc all managed to cope with their genetic problems. At least they were tall enough to lift the world cup and euro trophies.
Not to mention Fat Maradona and Boy Messi.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:25 am

pedro wrote:
raycastleunited wrote:Funny how Iniesta, Xavi etc all managed to cope with their genetic problems. At least they were tall enough to lift the world cup and euro trophies.
Not to mention Fat Maradona and Boy Messi.

To be  fair we dont know if Messi would have coped, Barca pumped him full of growth steroids as a kid, he might've been 4 foot 6" for all we know. I suspect even at that height he'd have been a handful.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:31 am

It seems Strachan has recessive genes..

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:01 pm

Being small and having lots of skill is great, being small and having very little skill against taller, stronger players also with very little skill doesn't yield results.

I think Strachan does have somewhat of a point.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:38 am

Big and rubbish, small and rubbish. Doesn't make much difference, would then all come down to the coaching and whether they have a couple of players who can actually play.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:40 am

Being big and rubbish is a lot better than being small and rubbish. Scotland, like England, don't have much talent and no one who is good at international level. It doesn't take much for another team to beat you if they have a few % more talent.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:46 pm

Its all about coaching and mentality in national football. Iceland aren't blessed with great players, yet look what they have achieved. France should have won the euros last year, yet froze against portugal who have no more than a couple of really good players. Its about setting a team up for certain games, you dont need great players to get good results.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:09 pm

You've don't need them Ben, but if you look through history teams that win tournaments without great players are the exception, not the rule.
In any team sport you have go to players, someone the rest of the team looks to when they are struggling. It's true even with the kids I coach.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:35 pm

I was thinking more about more about your average teams, iceland, scotland, both irelands, teams with no stand out players, but if coached well and set up well, like iceland and greece, they can get good results and qualify from group stages. Maybe not win it.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:38 pm

Its in all levels that a well set up team can get results against better players, ive seen wycombe beat premier league teams, draw with chelsea and give spurs a real game last season.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Be_the_ball Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:06 pm

I don't think Germany produce more skilful players than England, however they do consistently reach the latter stages of major tournaments. There's no reason England couldn't achieve that.

Be_the_ball

Back to top Go down

Post by Be_the_ball Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:02 am

Raymondooooooo!!! Bubbly

Be_the_ball

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:08 am

I'm hoping to see some love for roy here. Great result, and only 4 points away from the relegation zone. That £10 vet from super, looks eady pickings. I would say just donate it to the snp for future independence.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:38 am

It's a big result, Palace now have some winable games in front of them. Newcastle, West Ham, Everton, Stoke and Brighton (I've deliberately missed Spurs). Time to assess after that run.
I'd rather they didn't do well personally, mainly as that gives Bournemouth and Brighton more hope, but Roy will make them harder to beat once he still his usual tactics.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:51 am

Ok some love for coy Woy here. But from what I saw Chelsea also looked exceptionally weak, like they'd all been paid off by an Asian bookie or had been on the p!ss all night. Or maybe both. Neverteless a great result for Palace.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:06 am

Interesting to read about Hollywood exec Weinstein. I`m not the slightest surprised though, and he`s probably just the tip of the iceberg, but I just come to think of all the Miramax actresses who HAVEN`T come forward.. Zeta-Jones (who as we know has a fondness for sleazy older men), Uma Thurman... And Heidi Klum has also been mentioned between the lines, but seems to be waffling when talking about it.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:27 am

United very dull today, pragmatic Mourhino I guess. Plays 2 defensive midfielders, think we'll see that a lot in big games. Especially when Pogba is out.
I'd say 2 players in the Premier League would make a world 11, De Bruyne and De Gea. Jesus might be there before too long. Hard to see past City for the League, quite fancy them for the Champions League as well. They will score (and maybe concede) against anyone.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:46 am

Be_the_ball wrote:I don't think Germany produce more skilful players than England, however they do consistently reach the latter stages of major tournaments. There's no reason England couldn't achieve that.

Germany produce players who perform for club and country, England do not.  There are many reasons why England don't reach the latter stages consistently.  Don't you think there are tons of fans across the world saying the same thing about their country in regards to talent? Don't you think the Dutch could say the same? England have every other nation thinking the same as they do, so it's not just a case of getting a few things right and then making the latter stages, because a bucketload of countries could do the same, so you'd have to overcome them to, but you can't and you don't.

Of course Germany produce more skilful players than England. How many England players would get into the Germany team? And how many England players play for the truly top teams? None. So if Germany don't produce better players, why are theirs in top teams and England's aren't? It's also not necessarily about having the best players, it's about playing well as a team, which is something England haven't ever really got to grips with. It's square big time charlies into round big time Charlie holes with England.

You could say the same for a dozen teams, but it's not like there are enough "latter stage" places for them all to get there, so weak minds, tactical naivety, technical inferiority etc  all mean that make weight, third tier nations like England seldom get there.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:41 am

Thinking of a world 11, who would be in yours? I'm not really up with world footie but probably would go.
De Gea, Walker, Marcelo, Ramos, Silva, busquets, kroos, de bruyne, messi, ronaldo, suarez

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:44 am

Regarding the weinstein case, its not surprising the casting couch is a thing, you've heard anout it for years. Not a surprise that powerful men force or trick young girls into various things with promises of stardom.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:01 am

beninho wrote:Thinking of a world 11, who would be in yours? I'm not really up with world footie but probably would go.
De Gea, Walker, Marcelo, Ramos, Silva, busquets, kroos, de bruyne, messi, ronaldo, suarez

It's a good team Ben, think I'd go Neymar over Suarez. I'm never 100% on Kroos, but he does seem to make good teams even better.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:58 am

Also like modric as a player and kante is unbelievable. But busquets has been immense for so.long, tjough he is a cheating diver but hey, who isnt nowadays. I love iniesta and would pick him as one of the best ever, but think his best days are behind him.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:16 am

beninho wrote:Regarding the weinstein case, its not surprising the casting couch is a thing, you've heard anout it for years. Not a surprise that powerful men force or trick young girls into various things with promises of stardom.
They could say 'No'. Also, I really, really, hate this trial by media/social media. Sure, investigate the guy, but STFU with the unsubstantiated Twitter bollox in the meantime.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:25 am

But it was the media that carried out the investigation and reported the story that he is at best a serial sex pest, at worst a r***ist. And while I get he has probably had 100s of women throwing themselves at him, his lines were very blurred it is also very clear tgat he has has acted very inappropriately. So if it wasn't for the media people would still ve covering for him in fear that he would ruin there career. Some of the twitter accounts are people who have been abused in the past, yet felt unable to come forward. If you or anyone is annoyed with the media on this, you are annoyed with the wrong side.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:32 pm

beninho wrote:Thinking of a world 11, who would be in yours? I'm not really up with world footie but probably would go.

Walker? Laugh

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:09 pm

Who is your world 11?

Walker has been pretty good this season. Don't think that can be doubted.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:26 pm

Super, why not try naming your own world 11. Who would you have at right back. Clearly a world 11 would have attacking full backs, let us know who you think is in better form than Walker?

Last edited by Diggers on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:30 pm

Thinking about a premier league 11.

De gea, walker, mendy, kompany, alderweirald, kante, de bruyne, ali, jesus, kane, alexis.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:53 pm

I think Kompany is done now, barely played again this year. I like Bailly a lot, he's really improving. Premiership is lacking outstanding left backs, maybe Alonso or Bertrand.

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.forum?t=66688

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20