The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hurricanes vs Lions, 27th June 2017

+38
David-Douglas
carpet baboon
R!skysports
Rory_Gallagher
No9
EST
bsando
mid_gen
prop_lyd
chewed_mintie
ebop
marty2086
GunsGermsV2
RDW
TJ
compelling and rich
Kingshu
wayne
George Carlin
rodders
2ndtimeround
robbo277
jimbopip
Exiledinborders
wolfball
sensisball
No 7&1/2
LordDowlais
LondonTiger
Scottrf
Gooseberry
RuggerRadge2611
eirebilly
SamTheQuin
yappysnap
TightHEAD
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
BamBam
42 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Hurricanes vs Lions, 27th June 2017 - Page 6 Empty Hurricanes vs Lions, 27th June 2017

Post by Guest Mon 26 Jun 2017, 1:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hurricanes vs Lions, 27th June 2017 - Page 6 Hurric10Hurricanes vs Lions, 27th June 2017 - Page 6 Lions_11
HurricanesBritish & Irish Lions
Venue: Westpac Stadium, Wellington
Date: Tuesday, 27 June.
Kick off: 08:35 BST
Live on: Sky Sports 1, from 8am

Lions

Hurricanes vs Lions, 27th June 2017 - Page 6 Lion10

1. Joe Marler (ENG)
2. Rory Best (IRE) (Captain)
3. Dan Cole (ENG)
4. Courtney Lawes (ENG)
5. Iain Henderson (IRE)
6. James Haskell (ENG)
7. Justin Tipuric (WAL)
8. CJ Stander (IRE)
9. Greig Laidlaw (SCO)
10. Dan Biggar (WAL)
11. George North (WAL)
12. Robbie Henshaw (IRE)
13. Jonathan Joseph (ENG)
14. Tommy Seymour (SCO)
15. Jack Nowell  Erm  (ENG)

16. Kristian Dacey (WAL)
17. Allan Dell (SCO)
18. Tomas Francis (WAL)
19. Cory Hill (WAL)
20. George Kruis (ENG)
21. Gareth Davies (WAL)
22. Finn Russell (SCO)
23. Jared Payne (IRE)

Hurricanes

Hurricanes vs Lions, 27th June 2017 - Page 6 Bsc_ca10

1. Ben May
2. Ricky Riccitelli
3. Jeffery Toomaga-Allen
4. Mark Abbott
5. Mark Lousi
6. Vaea Fifita
7. Callum Gibbins
8. Brad Shields (Captain)
9. Te Toiroa-Tahuriorangi
10. Otere Black
11. Julian Savea
12. Ngani Laumape
13. Vince Aso
14. Nehe Milner-Skudder
15. Jordie Barrett

16. Leni Apisai
17. Chris Eves
18. Mike Kainga
19. Janes Blackwell
20. Reed Prinsep
21. K Hauiti-Parapara
22. Wes Goosen
23. Cory Jane

Last edited by Ineffable on Mon 26 Jun 2017, 1:13 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Hurricanes vs Lions, 27th June 2017 - Page 6 Empty Re: Hurricanes vs Lions, 27th June 2017

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 27 Jun 2017, 11:35 am

rodders wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:Good game and Iain Henderson deserves a bench spot after his wonderful performance.  

Hendo should focus on 2021 in SA where he can follow in the footsteps of Willie John McBride, Jeremy Davidson and Paul O'Connell, under a decent coach in Gregor Townsend, and not waste any more energy on this farce of a Welsh development tour.
kiss
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Hurricanes vs Lions, 27th June 2017 - Page 6 Empty Re: Hurricanes vs Lions, 27th June 2017

Post by bsando Tue 27 Jun 2017, 11:35 am

marty2086 wrote:Don't think Watson or Daly need to go, Seymour looked decent and was one I thought would be a star this tour but still don't think he's done enough or is versatile to make the bench

Yeah it would have to be a straight swap. Think he is definitely next in line if there is an injury to Daly or Watson. All class players so a hard decision to make.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 27 Jun 2017, 11:36 am

Welsh development tour? The average Welsh player is about 45.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 27 Jun 2017, 11:37 am

ebop wrote:
rodders wrote:
ebop wrote:
rodders wrote:
ebop wrote:Wow, that was exciting

Nice comeback from the Canes to get back into it but they will be bitterly disappointed not to have won that

Gats will be disappointed they didn't win too. I hope Rory lamps him again after the match.
Yeah he will be I'm sure. The Lions were in command and thought they'd stroll away with it and maybe they did to. But credit to the Canes. Some more good tries for the Lions. Discipline still an issue though. Both teams today but the Lions shouldn't need to be.

What do you mean Rory lamping him again, like punch?

Well headlock, body slam, punch - anything that inflicts some level of pain would do.

They had an altercation on the previous tour and are known to hate each other bitterly, so Rory will have known he had no chance of making the tests. The Queen probably did too hence making him OBE mid tour to embarrass Gatland.

Rory won't take kindly to Gats risking the welfare of his troops so imagine Gats will be hiding somewhere for a few days.  
Whoa, really? Didn't realise they had a beef. Thanks for explaining that.

Apart from AWJ, Warburton, Jon Davies and Rob Howley Gats has a beef with everyone.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 27 Jun 2017, 11:38 am

Scottrf wrote:Welsh development tour? The average Welsh player is about 45.

They should get a win over the SH by 50 then.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 27 Jun 2017, 11:39 am

bsando wrote:
marty2086 wrote:Don't think Watson or Daly need to go, Seymour looked decent and was one I thought would be a star this tour but still don't think he's done enough or is versatile to make the bench

Yeah it would have to be a straight swap. Think he is definitely next in line if there is an injury to Daly or Watson. All class players so a hard decision to make.

Not sure he's next in line, the way the Lions back three seem to be playing I dont think it suit his style of play its more to Nowells strengths

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Tue 27 Jun 2017, 11:40 am

So I take it people don't want Gatland to tour in 4 years time then?

TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Tue 27 Jun 2017, 11:41 am

bsando wrote:Has Tommy Seymour managed to niggle his way into the test side? Had a stormer tonight! Took his trys well and that tackle to force the Hurricanes miss pass and then track Laidlaw was another great individual effort from him. Could be a credible replacement for either of Watson or Daly in my opinion. Thoughts?

Also, thought Henderson was terrific and put his hand up, ignoring the yellow card.

Best also had a solid game and I was impressed with Biggar's endeavour and commitment, however I think he was a little weak in defence, but I think he's shown more than Sexton has so far.

Could sneak onto the bench perhaps. With Daly and Watson as your starting wingers, you don't need a versatile bench option, because you can shift either of those two around.

Would have thought it's more likely that North will be back, regardless of what happened today.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Tue 27 Jun 2017, 11:42 am

Griff wrote:
EST wrote:
Griff wrote:
EST wrote:The criticism of Russell is as predictable as it is sad.  I wish he hadn't even bothered going - he gets on for 10 mins and is then savaged.

I'd take him over any other NH fly-half, and will take great delight over his performances in the years to come.  

Savaged?!  One person made 1 comment, which looked a bit tongue in cheek to me.  1 PERSON!  1 COMMENT!  What a hissy fit!

Ok savaged was the wrong word - but i'm just very pissed off.

That was a game that the Lions should have won, why the hell did Gats not use his subs?  It's also a culmulative thing - why not give Russell (or any of the subs) 20 mins at the end of the game to show what they can do after calling them up?  The whole thing is shoite.

In fairness, if Russell wants to consider himself a proper Lion, which he is now, then he needs to accept that any mistakes (even in a 10 min cameo) will be savaged by the 606v2 posters.  It's part of being a Lion!  Happens to every other player, so why not him too?!

But that's the whole point Griff, he may have a lions cap, but he's not really a proper lion - he was brought into the squad with a group of players who didn't deserve it (Davies aside) and was only brought on as a total last resort...and the whole lot of them are being packed off after this game anyway. The whole thing has been so badly managed - and that is where my anger lies.

Russell was ok when he went on, he tried things, some of which didn't work - just like Halfpenny, when he pulled that player back or dropped the high ball, or Henderson/Joseph with the clear out. I accept he should be criticised, but I would also argue that it is not an easy situation these 6 players find themselves in.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 27 Jun 2017, 11:43 am

Have not seen the game so cannot comment. A 15 point lead squandered because the team were out on their feet? Absolutely shameful. If the wasn't confident in the subs then why pick them? If it was always his intention why not bring extra players to start with.

Clearly in this tour there is no place for players who might have made an impact as a late call up like Corbisiero in '13.

Whatever reputation he had as a coach has been tarnished in my eyes.

I will reserve final judgement untill I can watch the game but it doesn't sound good.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Tue 27 Jun 2017, 11:44 am

marty2086 wrote:
bsando wrote:

Not sure he's next in line, the way the Lions back three seem to be playing I dont think it suit his style of play its more to Nowells strengths

I'd disagree with that. Nowell is a strong defensive player and did well at FB today when he was on, but with Watson, Daly and Williams I think you have a strong attacking back back three, so Nowell would be odd one out in that instance probably, he lacks a bit of pace. The gameplan itself is perhaps set on the Gatland style of strong defensive platform coupled with getting over the gainline.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 11:46 am

EST wrote:
Griff wrote:
EST wrote:
Griff wrote:
EST wrote:The criticism of Russell is as predictable as it is sad.  I wish he hadn't even bothered going - he gets on for 10 mins and is then savaged.

I'd take him over any other NH fly-half, and will take great delight over his performances in the years to come.  

Savaged?!  One person made 1 comment, which looked a bit tongue in cheek to me.  1 PERSON!  1 COMMENT!  What a hissy fit!

That was a game that the Lions should have won, why the hell did Gats not use his subs?  It's also a culmulative thing - why not give Russell (or any of the subs) 20 mins at the end of the game to show what they can do after calling them up?  The whole thing is shoite.

In fairness, if Russell wants to consider himself a proper Lion, which he is now, then he needs to accept that any mistakes (even in a 10 min cameo) will be savaged by the 606v2 posters.  It's part of being a Lion!  Happens to every other player, so why not him too?!

But that's the whole point Griff, he may have a lions cap, but he's not really a proper lion - he was brought into the squad with a group of players who didn't deserve it (Davies aside) and was only brought on as a total last resort...and the whole lot of them are being packed off after this game anyway.  The whole thing has been so badly managed - and that is where my anger lies.

Russell was ok when he went on, he tried things, some of which didn't work - just like Halfpenny, when he pulled that player back or dropped the high ball, or Henderson/Joseph with the clear out. I accept he should be criticised, but I would also argue that it is not an easy situation these 6 players find themselves in.

My post was tongue-in-cheek, EST. Other players have had HUGE slatings for very small indiscretions. Internet melt-downs for knock-ons, etc. Just saying that he's not a proper Lion 'til he's felt the wrath of 606! Which he now has (albeit from only one poster)!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 11:48 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Have not seen the game so cannot comment. A 15 point lead squandered because the team were out on their feet? Absolutely shameful. If the wasn't confident in the subs then why pick them? If it was always his intention why not bring extra players to start with.

Clearly in this tour there is no place for players who might have made an impact as a late call up like Corbisiero in '13.

I will reserve final judgement untill I can watch the game but it doesn't sound good.

The lead only seemed to be squandered when we went to 14 v 15 (yellow card). We didn't concede any more points when we went back to 15 v 15. Of course, fresh legs would have helped. But for me it was losing a man more so than being knackered, as we were fine when back up to 15 v 15.

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 27 Jun 2017, 11:49 am

Griff wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Have not seen the game so cannot comment. A 15 point lead squandered because the team were out on their feet? Absolutely shameful. If the wasn't confident in the subs then why pick them? If it was always his intention why not bring extra players to start with.

The lead only seemed to be squandered when we went to 14 v 15 (yellow card).  We didn't concede any more points when we went back to 15 v 15.  Of course, fresh legs would have helped.  But for me it was losing a man more so than being knackered, as we were fine when back up to 15 v 15.

Ah ok, I'll catch it tonight. Strange call not to empty the bench though don't you think? Have you ever seen a match played with this sort of intensity when the bench doesn't get cleared?
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 27 Jun 2017, 11:51 am

Also Seymour top try scorer on the tour, not even getting a sniff of a test spot?

Answers on a postcard on that one.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 27 Jun 2017, 11:51 am

Being down to 14 men compounds the decision not to bring any subs on I suppose - they were all having to work harder being a man down so that accelerated their fatigue.

Sounds like Marler was one of the ones struggling the most - Dell proved himself capable last week when he was brought on yet was kept on the pine. I just don't get it - Marler is not going to be match ready for Saturday yet all it takes is for Mako or McGrath going down injured in training and he's going to be relied upon in a critically important test match.

There's no rugby sense in all this.

Last edited by RDW_Scotland on Tue 27 Jun 2017, 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 27 Jun 2017, 11:52 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Also Seymour top try scorer on the tour, not even getting a sniff of a test spot?

There's still a chance for P. E. Nalty to catch him Wink
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 11:52 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
Griff wrote:

The lead only seemed to be squandered when we went to 14 v 15 (yellow card).  We didn't concede any more points when we went back to 15 v 15.  Of course, fresh legs would have helped.  But for me it was losing a man more so than being knackered, as we were fine when back up to 15 v 15.

Ah ok, I'll catch it tonight. Strange call not to empty the bench though don't you think? Have you ever seen a match played with this sort of intensity when the bench doesn't get cleared?

True.  Not sure of the rationale.  Maybe he's fearful of 'cheapening the Lions jersey', which he's been accused of by calling up the injury cover!  The 'Geography 6' only get a cap if they play.  In fairness I think he said they'd only come on for injuries, so without injuries I guess he's stuck to his word somewhat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 11:54 am

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Also Seymour top try scorer on the tour, not even getting a sniff of a test spot?

Laugh Very good Pete!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 11:56 am

Hang on! Isn't he only top try scorer AFTER this game, so top scorer for the last hour or so?! Has the test squad been announced? He might yet make it! Who would drop out for you out of Daly and Watson?

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 27 Jun 2017, 11:59 am

Daly for sure. Watson was electric I thought and Daly I'm not convinced is a wing.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 27 Jun 2017, 12:02 pm

Griff wrote:
Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:

Laugh  Very good Pete!

Sadly Griff it occurred to me after E. X. Tras top scored for my social cricket team on Sunday
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 27 Jun 2017, 12:04 pm

Griff wrote:I guess Henderson needs to take some of the blame for the loss.  Had a great game by the sounds of it.  But, we were 14 points up before the yellow. 14 points conceded in his absence.  That extra man really counted.

I heard it was a soft enough yellow. Think he was having a stormer up until that point so he deserves credit too.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 27 Jun 2017, 12:04 pm

Griff wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
Griff wrote:

True.  Not sure of the rationale.  Maybe he's fearful of 'cheapening the Lions jersey', which he's been accused of by calling up the injury cover!  The 'Geography 6' only get a cap if they play.  In fairness I think he said they'd only come on for injuries, so without injuries I guess he's stuck to his word somewhat.

True enough, however it can be argued that he simply threw that game away. What if one of those replacements really threw down a marker, and potentially made the difference in the test this weekend or next? The sad bit is we will now never know. I feel for you griff, I really do, in 2 weeks time I don't think I'll ever have to see Gatland presiding over a team I care about ever again.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 27 Jun 2017, 12:05 pm

Yep he has been class but Nowell, Watson and Daly have been very good too.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 27 Jun 2017, 12:06 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:

They have no argument there, so lets just for the sake of "inclusion" pick Seymour...

RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 27 Jun 2017, 12:09 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:

They have no argument there, so lets just for the sake of "inclusion" pick Seymour...

I wouldnt be against it anyway

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Tue 27 Jun 2017, 12:09 pm

EST wrote:
Griff wrote:
EST wrote:
Griff wrote:

But that's the whole point Griff, he may have a lions cap, but he's not really a proper lion - he was brought into the squad with a group of players who didn't deserve it (Davies aside) and was only brought on as a total last resort...and the whole lot of them are being packed off after this game anyway.  The whole thing has been so badly managed - and that is where my anger lies.

The 6 are pretty odd picks. They don't all fall in the same category for me.

Davies and Russell can probably be argued on merit. Even if I'd rather have Care and Ford, they're both established international players.

Dell and Francis can possibly be included as we're close to the bottom of the barrel at props, although Healy and Nel would have possibly been more worthy picks.

Dacey and Hill have no justification whatsoever. Hartley, Ford and Brown would have all made better Lions at hooker, and Launchbury and Jonny Gray would have made excellent Lions - even being touted in the original squad. Beyond them, I'd still rather have Toner, Swinson or even Ewels.

We also have no back row cover and haven't had for the previous two midweek games. Robshaw, Barclay, Watson, van der Flier and Hughes would have all been options.

The players from Argentina/Japan could have flown in, landed Tuesday morning of the Chiefs game, sat on the bench that night and not played a single minute more than they had to (as the "local" picks did) to no detriment.

Then they could have added something to training in the week and the matchday squad today. Imagine a bench of:

Hartley
Healy
Nel
Launchbury
Barclay
Davies
Russell
Halfpenny

All of a sudden, you have genuine options on there, and Davies and Russell don't look out of place. You could give Best, Henderson, Lawes and Biggar a rest and have the 4 guys all as options for the test team. You could freshen up your props and 9 and finish the game strongly.

robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Tue 27 Jun 2017, 12:10 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
Griff wrote:I guess Henderson needs to take some of the blame for the loss.  Had a great game by the sounds of it.  But, we were 14 points up before the yellow. 14 points conceded in his absence.  That extra man really counted.

I heard it was a soft enough yellow. Think he was having a stormer up until that point so he deserves credit too.

Very soft, the Ref was happy enough after watching the replays and look like he was going to continue with just a Penalty, I guess the TMO stepped in. Rolling Eyes

These Kiwis need to man up, the crowd reaction was pathetic.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Tue 27 Jun 2017, 12:24 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:

What a 50/50 call. He is a shoe in then, Very Happy

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 27 Jun 2017, 12:27 pm

TightHEAD wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:

Very soft, the Ref was happy enough after watching the replays and look like he was going to continue with just a Penalty, I guess the TMO stepped in. Rolling Eyes

I've no problem with the yellow card, by the general understanding of the laws its a yellow but what the problem is comes from the fact that there is precedent for it to not be a yellow. If World Rugby say Henderson isn't to face any sanction then they need to be telling refs that its not just how a player lands but the overall action, i.e if Joseph and Henderson working independently of each caused the result and accidents happen then that needs to be part of the decision making process rather than leaving it until after the fact

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Tue 27 Jun 2017, 12:28 pm

TightHEAD wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:

It was a yellow. It just went over the horizontal, had no force downwards (Was almost rolling to the side, but landed on the shoulder). So a yellow was the right call, although just a penalty could have been accepted too

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by SamTheQuin Tue 27 Jun 2017, 12:39 pm

Was a yellow, players know the risk they run by doing that. Apart from that Henderson was excellent. Also get the impression that with French refs the ABs might not get away with so much infringement throughout the game - Murray will be a happy man.

Lawes did enough to be in the match day 23, not sure anyone else did. Disappointed in Joseph and Stander, thought they would both be test starters before the Tour kicked off.

SamTheQuin

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Tue 27 Jun 2017, 12:42 pm

SamTheQuin wrote: Disappointed in Joseph and Stander, thought they would both be test starters before the Tour kicked off.

Both have realized that they are not Welsh and Gatland has not put his arm round them. Tour over for both.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 27 Jun 2017, 12:45 pm

Cole and Marler too have been poor, their scrummaging has been way below what they are capable off and given away too many penalties

Haskell too for all his moaning about not getting selected did little to show why he should be there

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 27 Jun 2017, 12:48 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Haskell too for all his moaning about not getting selected did little to show why he should be there
"To go on a Lions tour would be a dream come true, but I’m not sure it’s going to be a reality"

"It was not to be really, and there’s nothing I can do about it. I’ve tried my best but I wasn’t meant to be a Lion."

"“Ireland v England had a massive role to play in it; Peter O’Mahony played his way in. Ross Moriarty played his way in during Wales v England. It’s about peaking at the right time and seizing your opportunity. I obviously failed to do that.”"

Rolling Eyes

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 27 Jun 2017, 12:52 pm

We're currently on a 50% win rate and, taking the bookies odds of New Zealand being favourites to win 3-0, that would end the tour on a 40% win rate which must be one of the worst for a very long time.

The midweek team took too long to get going (lost the first two) and let a big lead slip today.

I know this has been one of the hardest Lions tours in recent memory but it really isn't looking great - unless we can somehow miraculously beat the All Blacks.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Tue 27 Jun 2017, 12:53 pm

If sone one who has taped the game check something for me?
Apparently around the 70 min mark Russell had a chat with the coaching team then walked off down the tunnel and did not return?
Can anyone verify?

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by David-Douglas Tue 27 Jun 2017, 12:55 pm

No9 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
TJ wrote:Why not give Russell a run?  Is it because Gatland is afraid that he would play a blinder and prove he should have been there from the start?
He had his chance  Wink

... and he was sh!te... may only have been on for Biggar's HIA, but he lost the ball, knocked it on and looked clueless.. Ok, to be fair, 10 mins may not be much time to get into the game, but he looked like he hadn't played rugby before. Going to be ripped apart for this, but considering he was playing with his international half back partner, he was rubbish.

Only an idiot would judge someone on 5 or 6 minutes. Look at Nowell, hopeless in the first game, big improvement once he's got used to players around him.

Let's look at some of the guys who have had lots of time:

AWJ - worse player on tour, can barely jog after 15 minutes.
North - all hype, no delivery apart from a walk in try. Shadow of the player he was.
Warburton - 2nd worst player on tour, mainly due to carrying an injury. Worse Lions captain ever, but should never have been put in the position this time.

A waste of three seats on the plane.

David-Douglas

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 27 Jun 2017, 12:56 pm

Just saw the Laidlaw/Seymour try Shocked

I actually didn't click that it was Laidlaw until the replay hahahahaha!!
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Tue 27 Jun 2017, 12:57 pm

Gatland hates americans?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue 27 Jun 2017, 12:58 pm

http://www.the42.ie/warren-gatland-bench-call-ups-devalued-3465786-Jun2017/

What a muppet.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Tue 27 Jun 2017, 12:59 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Just saw the Laidlaw/Seymour try Shocked

he has had a hair cut

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue 27 Jun 2017, 1:00 pm

I thought it was Seymour at first and couldn't understand why he was so slow.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 27 Jun 2017, 1:13 pm

Scottrf wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
"To go on a Lions tour would be a dream come true, but I’m not sure it’s going to be a reality"

"It was not to be really, and there’s nothing I can do about it. I’ve tried my best but I wasn’t meant to be a Lion."

"“Ireland v England had a massive role to play in it; Peter O’Mahony played his way in. Ross Moriarty played his way in during Wales v England. It’s about peaking at the right time and seizing your opportunity. I obviously failed to do that.”"

Rolling Eyes

Sorry is there meant to be a point there?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 27 Jun 2017, 1:14 pm

It's not moaning.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 27 Jun 2017, 1:14 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:

I thought it was Seymour at first and couldn't understand why he was so slow.

You trying to say all Scots look a like? Thats racist Run

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 1:15 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Sorry is there meant to be a point there?

Yes, that Haskell isn't moan about not getting selected. Sounds quite gracious to me. Are you thinking of Brown, perhaps?

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 27 Jun 2017, 1:18 pm

Yeah browns moan.

I didn’t take it well. I was gutted. I feel I’ve played really well from 2015 onwards so it was really disappointing not to get the call, but you can’t let one man’s decision define you.

“It’s really disappointing for guys like myself, James Haskell and Dylan Hartley because we probably won’t get another opportunity. I’ve had no feedback about being on standby either, which is also disappointing, so I’m not going to keep up false hopes.

“Instead I’ll reset my goals and concentrate fully on England and the excitement of going on a tough Argentina tour.”

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Tue 27 Jun 2017, 2:33 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Yeah browns moan.

I didn’t take it well. I was gutted. I feel I’ve played really well from 2015 onwards so it was really disappointing not to get the call, but you can’t let one man’s decision define you.

“It’s really disappointing for guys like myself, James Haskell and Dylan Hartley because we probably won’t get another opportunity. I’ve had no feedback about being on standby either, which is also disappointing, so I’m not going to keep up false hopes.

“Instead I’ll reset my goals and concentrate fully on England and the excitement of going on a tough Argentina tour.”

I could have sworn Haskell said he was a better 7 than Warburton and McCaw put together, Hartley headbutted George again and Brown called Gatland to tell him he would "see him next Tuesday", or something like that. That's the impression I got from the reactions on here anyway.

robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next