The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey CCC 2019 Discussion Thread

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Surrey CCC 2019 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Empty Surrey CCC 2019 Discussion Thread

Post by SimonofSurrey on Tue 11 Jul 2017, 7:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

After over 10000 views and 310+ articles spread over seven pages (which you have to scroll thro one by one on an i-phone) I've decided it's time we moved  on from the 2016 thread to this year. Here we go...

Cheers all,

Simon

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Surrey CCC 2019 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Surrey CCC 2019 Discussion Thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Tue 08 Sep 2020, 2:24 pm

Scott Borthwick is expected to rejoin Durham at the end of the season
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Surrey CCC 2019 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Surrey CCC 2019 Discussion Thread

Post by jimbobgooner on Tue 08 Sep 2020, 2:38 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Scott Borthwick is expected to rejoin Durham at the end of the season
Excllent news olly thumbsup
Is Stoneman doing the same?

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Tue 08 Sep 2020, 3:07 pm

Have to admit, contrary to some views both here and generally on Surrey twitter, I don't mind Borthwick personally. Think he is a solid first class bat, who based on our recruitment in recent seasons, we will struggle to replace.

No news on Stoneman, unless our inside reporter Guildford has any!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat on Tue 08 Sep 2020, 8:29 pm

Edited as I should have read the posts above first.

Borthwick rejoining Durham is reported as ''likely'' by Will Macpherson in tonight's London Standard. Macpherson is right more often than he's wrong.

I hadn't heard any whisper of this before today. I haven't heard anything about Stoneman either. However, the two are buddies and so it's not impossible one would want to follow the other. Stoneman being dropped (and he was dropped) for the current Bob Willis match and him not often being in the t20 side might encourage him to want away.

My take below.
Borthwick hasn't been a flop but equally hasn't delivered as much as wanted or expected. Stoneman had a great first season with us and deservedly won an England call up but has too often been disappointing since then. However, if either of them are to go, we will desperately need to recruit some batsmen over the winter. We don't have enough in the squad as it is.

Last edited by guildfordbat on Tue 08 Sep 2020, 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : As above)

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner on Thu 10 Sep 2020, 5:53 pm

Only a 25% refund from the club for 2020 memberships mad mad furious
This is absolutely disgraceful one friendly and a reduced t20 game for the year.
At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 10:54 am

jimbobgooner wrote:Only a 25% refund from the club for 2020 memberships mad mad furious
This is absolutely disgraceful one friendly and a reduced t20 game for the year.

Hi JimBob - I'll comment when I get the Club's letter to members. Cheers.

guildfordbat

jimbobgooner likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat on Tue 15 Sep 2020, 8:01 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
jimbobgooner wrote:Only a 25% refund from the club for 2020 memberships mad mad furious

Hi JimBob - I'll comment when I get the Club's letter to members. Cheers.

Hi again JimBob - I've now had a read of the letter. I accept the Club have obviously incurred some expenditure this season and have also battled hard to get cricket back on. However, what they are refunding seems low. I say ''seems'' - and this is what particularly hacks me off - as the Club haven't given any proper explanation as to why the percentage figure of 25 has been chosen. Why not 33%? Or 50%? Just possibly (although I doubt it) 25% is on the generous side and 20% might have been more appropriate. However, as I say, without a proper explanation there is no way of knowing.

The Club like to pride themselves as being transparent and open. They've fallen down badly here.

Assuming you are planning to renew, one thing I would flag is that you might want to hold off paying your 2021 membership until either the Covid virus has gone away (which doesn't look likely too soon) or the Club say what they will do with our 2021 membership fees if we again see next to no cricket. The Club had no way of foreseeing the pandemic this year; however, it's unfortunately a clear possibility for next year and the Club should face up to that and communicate what might happen. The vouchers for the odd pie and a pint at the Oval that they're planning to give us a ''thank you for renewing'' will be worth zilch if we can't get in the ground!

I won't be renewing until I know more. If you pay by direct debit, you might want to consider cancelling it but that's your call.

guildfordbat

jimbobgooner likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Yesterday at 6:06 pm

Borthwick's return to Durham at the end of this season officially confirmed.

Even though Borthwick didn't (fully) live up to expectations and even though we've signed Evans, we still need to strengthen the batting.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum