The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rugby Championship - Buildup

+41
stevetynant
Mad for Chelsea
Tattie Scones RRN
kingraf
Duty281
Cyril
rodders
Taylorman
Biltong
Collapse2005
yappysnap
TheMildlyFranticLlama
englishborn
Gooseberry
bsando
Mr Fishpaste
Cumbrian
alfie
Pete330v2
eirebilly
aucklandlaurie
kingelderfield
cascough
Gwlad
chewed_mintie
Scottrf
Rory_Gallagher
lostinwales
Rugby Fan
No 7&1/2
ebop
Galted
BamBam
GunsGermsV2
George Carlin
Hazel Sapling
emack2
mikey_dragon
munkian
Geordie
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
45 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

The Rugby Championship - Buildup - Page 14 Empty The Rugby Championship - Buildup

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 24 Jul 2017, 10:23 am

First topic message reminder :

Seeing as there's only 3 matches left in Super Rugby, time to start thinking about TRC

Fixtures:

The Australian squad are already in camp (except for their Brumbies' players), with all their Super Rugby commitments finished - Quade Cooper and Scott Higginbotham notable squad omissions, thought Quade may get a reprieve as Karmichael Hunt is out for the next 2 months

Wallabies Squad:

Last edited by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) on Mon 24 Jul 2017, 10:24 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : formatting)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Rugby Championship - Buildup - Page 14 Empty Re: The Rugby Championship - Buildup

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 24 Oct 2017, 5:22 am

emack2 wrote:We must bow to your superior knowledge of Scrum technique.Try this Franks,Owen
"relatively small in stature,noted for his Outstanding Scrummaging Technique,mobility,
and great body strength" Tighthead,[29]first capped 2009-,96caps.Wikipedia.
A short back is an advantage in a prop,come to strength at 30 plus,longest serving
forwards usually up to age 37.
As to your pedantic ideas of my not watching AB matches Doh had a multi sat system
before Sky.Had Sky subscription ever since Sky started covering Rugby,those not
covered by them.Were covered by BBC or Itv until last year when I missed 3 AI matches
same this year for France section probably.Have watched .listened,or seen most since
1963-4.Saw live 1953-4 AB`s twice,1963=4AB`s,1958 Wallabies,1960BOKS.
YOU say i don`t support my native sides England/Scotland can`t be bothered to
answer this AGAIN furious

Well if Wiki says Franks is"an outstanding scrummager" he must be. I do tend to watch most Int games but just haven't seen the 4N this year due to a number of reasons, it's hardly a crime and I stated this from the off.

I don't live in the UK so don't have sky, not sure what that has got to do with anything. I've not once mentioned anything about you supporting native sides, I have no idea who you are or where you are from. I think you're getting me mixed up with somebody else.

Oh, and thanks for the superior knowledge comment on the scrums....I do try.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

The Rugby Championship - Buildup - Page 14 Empty Re: The Rugby Championship - Buildup

Post by emack2 Tue 24 Oct 2017, 8:24 am

It was an answer to two posters ,and in your case a certain irony,Scrums are only
effective if policed.
The euphemism "Winning a penalty" is code for gamesman ship or cheating,the Bok
3-4-1 Scrum is now universal.
When it came to the front row mafia they wrote the book,days when a heel against
the head.
Was a prized thing amongst hookers now its,collapse it if lost and hope the
ref is conned.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 24 Oct 2017, 8:41 am

Yeah it was me who mentioned glory supporting a team the other side of the world that until recently you said you didn't watch and only read extensively about!

On a serious note though scrums as integral to the game and if you can't scrummage well as you want your players to be rounded flankers etc you should be prepared to be pinged.off the field.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Tue 24 Oct 2017, 11:24 am

Why are you being so obtuse?I wrote that I didn't follow PROVINCIAL?SUPER REGULARLY
I've ALWAYS !!!! watched the TEST SIDES. Rolling Eyes
ALSO don`t watch NH CLUB MATCHES but DO SOMETIMES follow the 6NS laughing laughing

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 24 Oct 2017, 11:29 am

Weird.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Tue 24 Oct 2017, 1:17 pm

Yes you are, try talking about Rugby instead of constantly trying to WUM me. Whistle

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 24 Oct 2017, 2:26 pm

How is it wumming. It's important to see drivers behind people's views. Yours is to talk down nh rugby sides as it somehow reassures you supporting a team the other side of the world.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Tue 24 Oct 2017, 4:41 pm

IF you bothered to read ALL my input via here or 606 you`d know 1- I don`t think SH
sides or competions superior just DIFFERENT.that is your perception.
2- I don`t think the skill levels are greater but that at least in NZ it starts at a younger
age.
3-I think Test rugby should have priority over Club Rugby,others have different criteria.
4- Picking overseas based players has contributed to the relative decline of SH sides
recently.
5-In the case of France the vast numbers of foreign hasn't helped the France national
side OR the other sides involved,to insist players during a RWC be released at once
to club sides[Toulon?]
6-The exception would be Argentina.
7-Unlike most here don`t consider the RWC the be all and end all,nor look down
sides who haven't reached a final.
8- Nor do I consider some leagues like Pro-12 to the Top14,Curry Cup,Mitre 10,
Premiership,Top14 ,are better or worse just different.
9-Test sides are picked on form from the best sides and that will change year
for year.
That my opinions are subjective not objective comments on matches watched,
whenever that isn`t true state the same.
Others here like Biltong will confirm that whatever you think otherwise.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 24 Oct 2017, 5:02 pm

I've read 99 per cent I'm sure. Always desperate to justify.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by kingelderfield Thu 26 Oct 2017, 8:04 pm

Just watched the 1st half of the OZ AB game from last weekend and have to say what desperately low quality half of rugby. Has to be the AB's worst performance of the year.

I might catch the 2nd half at some point - see if it improves.

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14