The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frank Warren successfully sues Eubank Jr

3 posters

Go down

Frank Warren successfully sues Eubank Jr Empty Frank Warren successfully sues Eubank Jr

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon 24 Jul 2017, 8:08 pm

Frank has won yet another court battle, this time with Eubank Jr. This all stemmed from Eubank pulling out of his British title defence against Tommy Langford last year.

Having signed the contract for the fight Eubank pulled out saying he had a 'serious elbow injury'. He later said that if he got in the ring with Langford he would be 'concerned for Langford's health'. Eubank vacated the British title.

The judgement awarded Frank Warren a 6 figure sum.

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Frank Warren successfully sues Eubank Jr Empty Re: Frank Warren successfully sues Eubank Jr

Post by Derbymanc Tue 25 Jul 2017, 11:12 am

While i'd rather it was someone else that had sued him, good as it has to work both ways. I'm assuming it was proved the pull out shouldn't have happened or something so maybe other fighters will realise they have to be on the level (most times ;-)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Frank Warren successfully sues Eubank Jr Empty Re: Frank Warren successfully sues Eubank Jr

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 25 Jul 2017, 12:49 pm

Derbymanc wrote:While i'd rather it was someone else that had sued him, good as it has to work both ways. I'm assuming it was proved the pull out shouldn't have happened or something so maybe other fighters will realise they have to be on the level (most times ;-)

Yeah the injury was judged to be bogus mate I think

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 25 Jul 2017, 1:23 pm

Cheers Wheely, I find that more annoying than anything else because it's cheating the opponent more than anyone else and some of them will have done a lot to get into that position in the first place. Wonder if Tommy Langford (is that Sweet T?) can pursue him too?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 25 Jul 2017, 9:51 pm

I think Eubank in the past 2 years has been shocking with some of his career descisions

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Mochyn du Wed 26 Jul 2017, 6:42 pm

Problem with Eubank Jr is likely his meddlesome dad. Never forget Sr saying his boy was as good as Leonard and Jr coming out to his dad's theme tune. Kid needs to go his own way.

Mochyn du

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 26 Jul 2017, 9:18 pm

Mochyn du wrote:Problem with Eubank Jr is likely his meddlesome dad.  Never forget Sr saying his boy was as good as Leonard and Jr coming out to his dad's theme tune.  Kid needs to go his own way.

Absolutely spot on

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down