The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

+22
Duty281
gazzyD
Holymiky
whocares
MrPoncho
Afro
Luke
compelling and rich
westisbest
Hero
LionsV2
Beer
Fernando
BamBam
lfc91
Good Golly I'm Olly
It Must Be Love
NickisBHAFC
GSC
Nathaniel Jacobs
Crimey
Dolphin Ziggler
26 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:28 am

First topic message reminder :

The rage from La Liga is exciting.

That money argument does show you why there's no need to worry about Bale not having suitors. If Everton can throw £48m at Siggy, Liverpool can offer upwards of £70m for Nany Keita then I can't see Man United being scared of throwing £90m at Bale.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 24078
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 33
Location : Making the Kessel Run

Back to top Go down


Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Duty281 Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:43 pm

City have offered £50 million for Sanchez.

Arsenal would be foolish not to take it, considering the contract situation of the Chilean.

Duty281

Posts : 27003
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Holymiky Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:46 pm

It's been rejected apparently

Holymiky

Posts : 8478
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 30
Location : Buckinghamshire

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Beer Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:13 pm

Crimey wrote:
Beer wrote:He's awful.

He was poor last year, but the second half of 15/16 he was fantastic until Funes Mori decided to be a massive pillock. Think a decent run in the first team for Newcastle would be a big help. He's definitely an improvement over current options.

He'd be a useful, last minute panic buy.

Beer

Posts : 14543
Join date : 2011-06-21
Age : 36
Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:04 am

Origi's record here is quite good and think he's improved consistently. Would be easily your best striker and I'd cast envious glances.

Our business is apparently done. With Carvalho unlikely, we've decided to get no one even with Krychowiak available.

We've somehow, somehow, ended this window weaker. F*ck Dave Sullivan

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 24078
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 33
Location : Making the Kessel Run

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Crimey Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:24 am

Oxlade-Chamberlain has rejected Chelsea, because he wants to move to Liverpool. The Klopp factor? I'm not particularly sure on his thinking. Chelsea would likely play him as a wing back sure, but he's not going to get into Liverpool's first eleven anywhere on the pitch. I wouldn't mind signing him, if we can get him cheaper (last year of contract, wants to join Liverpool) AND he lowers his wage demands, if he wants £180k.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16490
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 28
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by GSC Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:26 am

Leicester want Ben Osborn apparently
GSC
GSC

Posts : 40736
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 30
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Crimey Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:01 am

Danny Drinkwater has handed in a transfer request, trying to push through a move to Chelsea. I think of Vardy, Mahrez and Drinkwater, Leicester would rather lose Drinkwater.

Chelsea have also bid £25 million for Ross Barkley, which has been rejected. 

Think in terms of depth signings, Barkley, Drinkwater and Chamberlain aren't that bad, and obviously they fulfil the home grown quota but I'm not sure they significantly improve Chelsea's squad.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16490
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 28
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Fernando Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:19 am

Crimey wrote:Oxlade-Chamberlain has rejected Chelsea, because he wants to move to Liverpool. The Klopp factor? I'm not particularly sure on his thinking. Chelsea would likely play him as a wing back sure, but he's not going to get into Liverpool's first eleven anywhere on the pitch. I wouldn't mind signing him, if we can get him cheaper (last year of contract, wants to join Liverpool) AND he lowers his wage demands, if he wants £180k.

Apparently he wants to play in central midfield. You won't get him cheaper then what Chelsea offered Arsene is a numpty and would just keep him Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Posts : 36449
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 30
Location : buckinghamshire

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by lfc91 Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:25 am

Wouldn't get near midfield at LFC IMO (be behind Hendo, Can, Winajdum, Coutinho & Lallana). Be a good backup for the front line though, although not for 180,00 a week. Half that.

lfc91

Posts : 1498
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by lfc91 Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:26 am

So basically, doubtful it will happen. We want him for less than Chelsea offered, unlikely. We want him for a much lower wage than currently, unlikely. He wont be guaranteed to play where he want..

lfc91

Posts : 1498
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Beer Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:27 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Origi's record here is quite good and think he's improved consistently. Would be easily your best striker and I'd cast envious glances.

Our business is apparently done. With Carvalho unlikely, we've decided to get no one even with Krychowiak available.

We've somehow, somehow, ended this window weaker. F*ck Dave Sullivan

Erm... Joselu? Made mincemeat out of your back 4 on the weekend.

Beer

Posts : 14543
Join date : 2011-06-21
Age : 36
Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by GSC Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:51 pm

Don't think that says much

Aurier granted a work permit
GSC
GSC

Posts : 40736
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 30
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Afro Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:23 pm

Costa now 1/2 with bookies to be at Everton after the window closes.

His quality would undoubtedly be a massive gain for us, but not in favour of such a short term fix. However, if other options are limited then it makes sense to do, and then look elsewhere in January when Costa heads to Atletico
Afro
Afro
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 31500
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by whocares Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:29 pm

GSC wrote:Don't think that says much

Aurier granted a work permit

Going for 25M€ to Spurs for 5 years.
Could be a good deal if Aurier gets back to his 2015/2016 form ... and if he doesn't act too much like a tw.t (Spurs will need to hire a few guys to watch him constantly).

whocares

Posts : 4270
Join date : 2011-04-14
Age : 45
Location : France - paris area

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Beer Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:31 pm

GSC wrote:Don't think that says much

Aurier granted a work permit

Sarcasm doesn't translate well here.

Beer

Posts : 14543
Join date : 2011-06-21
Age : 36
Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Crimey Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:46 pm

Afro wrote:Costa now 1/2 with bookies to be at Everton after the window closes.

His quality would undoubtedly be a massive gain for us, but not in favour of such a short term fix. However, if other options are limited then it makes sense to do, and then look elsewhere in January when Costa heads to Atletico

Some Chelsea fans seem to think that Chelsea are pushing through that deal so Everton end their interest in Fernando Llorente and they can snap him up instead.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16490
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 28
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:25 pm

Oxlade...the Klopp factor...Liverpool fans

Laugh

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 24078
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 33
Location : Making the Kessel Run

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Crimey Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:35 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Oxlade...the Klopp factor...Liverpool fans

Laugh

What?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16490
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 28
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Beer Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:39 pm

Crimey wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Oxlade...the Klopp factor...Liverpool fans

Laugh

What?

That you seem to think your glorious leader is luring world class talent like The Ox purely on his reputation, when infact it's purely down to The Ox rating his chances of playing centre mid higher at Liverpool.

Beer

Posts : 14543
Join date : 2011-06-21
Age : 36
Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by BamBam Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:42 pm

Apparently Keita turned down Barca for Liverpool too

Tumbleweed

BamBam

Posts : 17001
Join date : 2011-03-17
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:42 pm

Liverpool transfer policy has nothing to do with signing elite players(they can't attract the big names). All Klopp does is sign fast, athletic players whom are willing to run around like headless chickens for the full 90 minutes.

Nathaniel Jacobs

Posts : 1936
Join date : 2016-12-17

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Beer Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:43 pm

BamBam wrote:Apparently Keita turned down Barca for Liverpool too

Tumbleweed

Only cause he knows eventually Barca will pay Liverpool way over the odds for him and treble his salary.

Gotta walk before you can run.

Beer

Posts : 14543
Join date : 2011-06-21
Age : 36
Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Afro Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:46 pm

Crimey wrote:
Afro wrote:Costa now 1/2 with bookies to be at Everton after the window closes.

His quality would undoubtedly be a massive gain for us, but not in favour of such a short term fix. However, if other options are limited then it makes sense to do, and then look elsewhere in January when Costa heads to Atletico

Some Chelsea fans seem to think that Chelsea are pushing through that deal so Everton end their interest in Fernando Llorente and they can snap him up instead.

Llorente would be a decent signing but again only short term due to his age.

I'd rather wait and go for a longer term option. Dream signing ATM would be Belotti but way out of our league ATM ☹️
Afro
Afro
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 31500
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Crimey Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:17 pm

Beer wrote:
Crimey wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Oxlade...the Klopp factor...Liverpool fans

Laugh

What?

That you seem to think your glorious leader is luring world class talent like The Ox purely on his reputation, when infact it's purely down to The Ox rating his chances of playing centre mid higher at Liverpool.

I literally put a question mark next to it. I can't understand Oxlade-Chamberlain's reasoning and that's just one suggestion. Liverpool's centre mid depth is higher than Chelsea's at the moment, although obviously Chelsea are signing him predominantly to play at wing back.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16490
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 28
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Crimey Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:17 pm

Afro wrote:
Crimey wrote:
Afro wrote:Costa now 1/2 with bookies to be at Everton after the window closes.

His quality would undoubtedly be a massive gain for us, but not in favour of such a short term fix. However, if other options are limited then it makes sense to do, and then look elsewhere in January when Costa heads to Atletico

Some Chelsea fans seem to think that Chelsea are pushing through that deal so Everton end their interest in Fernando Llorente and they can snap him up instead.

Llorente would be a decent signing but again only short term due to his age.

I'd rather wait and go for a longer term option. Dream signing ATM would be Belotti but way out of our league ATM ☹️

Apparently you're looking to sign Stefano Okaka now.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16490
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 28
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Beer Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:34 pm

Crimey wrote:
Beer wrote:
Crimey wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Oxlade...the Klopp factor...Liverpool fans

Laugh

What?

That you seem to think your glorious leader is luring world class talent like The Ox purely on his reputation, when infact it's purely down to The Ox rating his chances of playing centre mid higher at Liverpool.

I literally put a question mark next to it. I can't understand Oxlade-Chamberlain's reasoning and that's just one suggestion. Liverpool's centre mid depth is higher than Chelsea's at the moment, although obviously Chelsea are signing him predominantly to play at wing back.

I meant fans in general, you can't say there aren't a large number of people who think Klopp is some sort of football god, when, he's statistically worse than Brendo.

Beer

Posts : 14543
Join date : 2011-06-21
Age : 36
Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Hero Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:44 pm

Chelsea and Liverpool fighting over Oxlade Chamberlain whilst Swansea get Renato Sanches, Wolves get Ruben Neves and West Brom get Krychowiak.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28291
Join date : 2012-03-02
Age : 46
Location : Work toilet

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Afro Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:00 pm

Crimey wrote:
Afro wrote:
Crimey wrote:
Afro wrote:Costa now 1/2 with bookies to be at Everton after the window closes.

His quality would undoubtedly be a massive gain for us, but not in favour of such a short term fix. However, if other options are limited then it makes sense to do, and then look elsewhere in January when Costa heads to Atletico

Some Chelsea fans seem to think that Chelsea are pushing through that deal so Everton end their interest in Fernando Llorente and they can snap him up instead.

Llorente would be a decent signing but again only short term due to his age.

I'd rather wait and go for a longer term option. Dream signing ATM would be Belotti but way out of our league ATM ☹️

Apparently you're looking to sign Stefano Okaka now.

I saw that. As an extra number I think. He scored two against us for Watford which was 50% of his seasons tally.
Afro
Afro
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 31500
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Crimey Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:01 pm

Beer wrote:
Crimey wrote:
Beer wrote:
Crimey wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Oxlade...the Klopp factor...Liverpool fans

Laugh

What?

That you seem to think your glorious leader is luring world class talent like The Ox purely on his reputation, when infact it's purely down to The Ox rating his chances of playing centre mid higher at Liverpool.

I literally put a question mark next to it. I can't understand Oxlade-Chamberlain's reasoning and that's just one suggestion. Liverpool's centre mid depth is higher than Chelsea's at the moment, although obviously Chelsea are signing him predominantly to play at wing back.

I meant fans in general, you can't say there aren't a large number of people who think Klopp is some sort of football god, when, he's statistically worse than Brendo.

It's contextual though. Klopp has historically had much more success than Rodgers before Liverpool, he was a much sought after manager, so Liverpool getting him was exciting in the first place. Unlike signing up Rodgers who had had a couple of good years at Swansea. Klopp then improved the way Liverpool played (particularly against the best sides) and got Liverpool to two cup finals in 15/16, including some really memorable results along the way like beating Manchester United in Europe, the comeback against Dortmund and comfortably beating Villarreal.

What didn't help Rodgers in his time was firstly, he took over from Kenny Dalglish a Liverpool legend, he had the awful Being Liverpool documentary when he first arrived putting a lot of scrutiny on him and then had a seriously underwhelming first season. His second season was fantastic, but the 14/15 season made it look like a fluke because he lost Suarez and then was terrible. He then had to push out Steven Gerrard, which was worse than replacing Kenny. Even though both decisions were necessary, it wasn't good for Rodgers' relationships with the fans. Then Klopp was a big name, much more charismatic and hasn't had similar issues.

I think Klopp has been more consistent than Rodgers at a higher level, the peaks of Rodgers far trump what Klopp has achieved so far, but Klopp has kept Liverpool working consistently at a higher level.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16490
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 28
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Beer Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:02 pm

Being Liverpool was the greatest piece of TV in decades, take it back.

Beer

Posts : 14543
Join date : 2011-06-21
Age : 36
Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by BamBam Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:06 pm

Klopp needs to take his dental hygiene more seriously before he can be rated above Rodgers

BamBam

Posts : 17001
Join date : 2011-03-17
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Holymiky Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:34 pm

Jordy Clasie gone on loan to Club Brugge

Holymiky

Posts : 8478
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 30
Location : Buckinghamshire

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Crimey Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:58 pm

Arsenal and Liverpool agree £35 million deal for Oxlade-Chamberlain. Going to be on £120k a week. Klopp prepared to play him in preferred role. Personally think he'll be competing with Wijnaldum for a spot on the bench. Glad that the club are recognising that depth is needed to be successful. One of the real failing points last year was having no bench options once there were a couple of injuries and some players like Milner and Clyne struggling from being overplayed.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16490
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 28
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by GSC Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:51 pm

Evans to City is a goer apparently
GSC
GSC

Posts : 40736
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 30
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by GSC Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:52 pm

And we want to get Robles off Everton
GSC
GSC

Posts : 40736
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 30
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:42 am

Standing still costs money in the premier league. Our £10m net spend won't do that.

We're done, apparently, the only drama being whether Sakho can not only leave the country and do a medical and agree a fee with another side, but also forge Sullivan's signature on the deal too.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 24078
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 33
Location : Making the Kessel Run

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by gazzyD Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:00 am

Was hoping to have woken up to a sneaky United bid for Mahrez this morning but he looks to be on the move elsewhere after being allowed to leave the national team for a medical - this now being reported that he has only left the national team should a bid come in for him. Currently just playing a waiting game at Paris Airport to see if he is called to a medical anywhere

Can't see United bringing anybody in now. I would have liked another wide option for when the squad rotation starts as I'd sooner see Ashley Young leave than be involved in matchday squads (the man is a genius at being injured everytime the transfer window is open) and Lingard will give 110% to the cause but his wildly inconsistent with an end product. Think Mahrez would just offer that extra option down the right. Martial and Rshford have both looked good on the left thus far so wouldn't want to disrupt what they've got going on there. We should also get a bit extra width down that flank when Shaw returns (providing Jose plays him of course having given him the contract extension)


Last edited by gazzyD on Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total

gazzyD

Posts : 4911
Join date : 2011-03-20
Age : 38
Location : Widnes

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by GSC Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:03 am

In a summer of inflated transfer fees, Ox for 40m with a year to run is up there
GSC
GSC

Posts : 40736
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 30
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by westisbest Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:14 am

So today is Jim White day.
How excited will he be?
Hopefully he will have Natalie Sawyer sitting next to him heart

Will we see the usual from Arry, window down elbow out, giving it the usual, trying to get players in to improve the squad. It's tough it's tough ya know.

Going out to training grounds where the reporters have to shout as a load of screaming kids want to get on tv.

Old Jim stealing Kammys 'unbelievable catchphrase.
'
Ah transfer deadline day.
(It is today right Headscratch )

westisbest

Posts : 7750
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by GSC Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:29 am

Spurs have had a bid in for Llorente apparently. Conte will be pissed
GSC
GSC

Posts : 40736
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 30
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by President Trump Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:43 am

GSC wrote:Spurs have had a bid in for Llorente apparently. Conte will be pissed

It's been accepted according to BBC

President Trump

Posts : 11647
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 39
Location : Holding cell @ Interpotatol HQ

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by gazzyD Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:53 am

westisbest wrote:So today is Jim White day.
How excited will he be?
Hopefully he will have Natalie Sawyer sitting next to him heart

Will we see the usual from Arry, window down elbow out, giving it the usual, trying to get players in to improve the squad. It's tough it's tough ya know.

Going out to training grounds where the reporters have to shout as a load of screaming kids want to get on tv.

Old Jim stealing Kammys 'unbelievable catchphrase.
'
Ah transfer deadline day.
(It is today right Headscratch )

Indeed it is. Closes at 23:00

gazzyD

Posts : 4911
Join date : 2011-03-20
Age : 38
Location : Widnes

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:32 am

Wonder which bids today will crash into the tunnel of deadline day and not make it through

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 24078
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 33
Location : Making the Kessel Run

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by GSC Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:32 am

Imagine Llorente will spark Bonys return. Also West Brom want Janssen off Spurs
GSC
GSC

Posts : 40736
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 30
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by GSC Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:36 am

And perhaps the most inevitable thing ever, Arsene wants Draxler out of PSG. Imagine they're keen to shift post Neymar and Mbappe
GSC
GSC

Posts : 40736
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 30
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Fernando Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:38 am

Arsene has had a chubby over Draxler for 6 years minimum Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Posts : 36449
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 30
Location : buckinghamshire

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Crimey Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:04 pm

Ross Barkley has apparently told Chelsea he wants to move to Tottenham not Chelsea.

Chelsea are being battered in this window. Missed out on Lukaku, Danilo, Alex Sandro, Oxlade-Chamberlain and now potentially Llorente and Barkley. 

Rumours are that Chelsea are in for Mahrez now.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16490
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 28
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:05 pm

Crimey wrote:Ross Barkley has apparently told Chelsea he wants to move to Tottenham not Chelsea.

Chelsea are being battered in this window. Missed out on Lukaku, Danilo, Alex Sandro, Oxlade-Chamberlain and now potentially Llorente and Barkley. 

Rumours are that Chelsea are in for Mahrez now.

They've definitely had the worst window of all the top clubs including Arsenal
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Posts : 49562
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 26
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Hero Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:23 pm

The Ox to Liverpool confirmed as a done deal.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28291
Join date : 2012-03-02
Age : 46
Location : Work toilet

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Guest Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:33 pm

Crimey wrote:Chelsea are being battered in this window. Missed out on Lukaku, Danilo, Alex Sandro, Oxlade-Chamberlain and now potentially Llorente and Barkley

Conte's targets have been crap, but I doubt many Chelsea fans will be too bothered about missing out on. Drinkwater, Danilo, Oxlade & Barkley are pretty average, and Llorente would be purely squad depth, behind Morata. That's the problem with the window now, a frenzy for complete average players for premium prices, which rarely actually improve the starting eleven


Last edited by Just John on Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum