The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeff Round 2

+22
Recwatcher16
Rugby Fan
eirebilly
Hazel Sapling
king_carlos
Hood83
Cumbrian
Heaf2
stnick88
stub
WELL-PAST-IT
HongKongCherry
TightHEAD
beshocked
Sgt_Pooly
nathan
Ozzy3213
formerly known as Sam
Geordie
propdavid_london
Bathite
yappysnap
26 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Jeff Round 2 - Page 4 Empty Jeff Round 2

Post by yappysnap Wed 06 Sep 2017, 1:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'm not sure if anyone is going to do this weeks fixtures so here's a short version to get discussion going. I've watched a few games on the weekend but to be honest most of the write up's just speculation and opinion.

Friday 8th September 2017
Sale Sharks 19:45 Newcastle
Sale lost their opening game of the weekend and many have thought they may struggle this season. Apparently their pack is too weak to compete, no matter how well drilled Diamond will have them, their backline has the potential to cause damage if they can get some good ball. Falcons won their opening game against Wuss, it's difficult to base too much on that performance though as Wuss could be terrible. Falcons have shown a harder edge recently though and in Richards they have a good coach. Home advantage to win out over two pretty equal teams imo. Sale by 5

Saturday 9th September 2017
Bath 14:00 Saracens
Bath looked powerful on the weekend and their pack should be able to compete with Sarries far better then Saints did. Their backs too worked well at times. Saracens looked unstoppable for most of the game, but how much of that was due to their opponents being crap? Either way I expect Saracens to be too good for Bath. Saracens by 3

Exeter 15:00 London Irish
Exeter had a surprise loss on Friday, they'll be pissed that Glos managed such a late win and will look to make amends at home now, expect a big, nasty performance with lots of mauls and cross kicks. Irish had a good win on Sat and should be well up for this game, travelling away to the champs may be a bridge too far though and a bp loss would be great for them. Can't see it though, Exeter by 15

Harlequins 15:00 Gloucester
Harlequins need to sort their Poopie out. Gloucester surprised everyone including themselves by beating Exeter. The two most topsy turvy teams could at least provide an entertaining, if low skill game which either could find a way to lose. Quins to manage to win it by 2

Northampton 16:30 Leicester
Saints were hammered by Saracens and will be hurting, I see this going two ways; either they use that humiliation to come out fighting against Tigers, or they've given up and Tigers will roll over them. Leicester could have won against Bath but didn't, on paper both teams are strong but Tigers seem to actually be coached. Tigers by 10

Sunday 10th September 2017
Worcester 15:00 Wasps
Wuss are already tipped for the drop. Wasps are looking strong. Wasps by 20 unless the weather and a gnarly Worcester side slow them down.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Jeff Round 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Jeff Round 2

Post by Artful_Dodger Sun 10 Sep 2017, 3:50 pm

Right decision.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sun 10 Sep 2017, 3:54 pm

OOh and the dumptruck Biyi Alo scores a try. 10-7 to wasps

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 11 Sep 2017, 9:53 am

Well done Bath. Strong 1st half performance set the platform and Roko stuck the knife in then twisted it. clap

Still can't be too disheartened and the scoreline not being a fair reflection of the game.

Unsurprisingly missing the go forward of Billy V and Lozowski still a work in progress compared to Farrell.

In the end Saracens weren't clinical enough on the day throughout the full 80. Only 3 points when Faletau was in the bin and momentum was with Saracens at that time.

Roko obviously played the decisive role but Bath seemed to always have sufficient defenders there.

I am sure Mccall will look at some of the shoddy tackling from Saracens, notably for Louw's try and Roko's 1st.

Of course Saracens will be stronger when George and Billy V come back into the 15 but Bath showed again they will be top 4 contenders.

I thought they'd do well this season but not perhaps this early!

In hindsight Saracens should have started a stronger team.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 11 Sep 2017, 12:24 pm

Demetri Catrakilis: Harlequins fly-half fractures bone in throat
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41228221

Ouch. I don't know if I should consider him unlucky for having such a freak injury or lucky to still be alive.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Tue 12 Sep 2017, 2:23 pm

Was anyone else disappointed not to see Bruce and Dyson in the crowd whilst watching BT Sports coverage? 

I really missed their cheeky faces smiling at us.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by kingelderfield Tue 12 Sep 2017, 9:37 pm

Wonderful game at the Rec with both sides playing their part.

I think Saracens will miss Ashton more than many expect and for all their brilliant esprit de corps will need the addition of a top quality winger to balance their attack.

I would love to see the like of Ryan Hall absorbed into the Saracens 'academy', though suspect a Tuisova type player is more realistic given the lack of other top level English wings.

This was the best game of the weekend bar none.

Separately maybe we need another thread to consider the ongoing effects and reactions of the / to the changes being trialed? I am particularly concerned about the tackle/ruck which initially has seen defenses spread across the field resulting in even more front on tackles.

Finally let me end by celebrating Rokoduguni's brilliance and willingness to chance his arm when his side needed it most.....time was short, Watson was on the floor and others were exhausted by their efforts. You could see him decide that this was his moment to contribute and didn't he just deliver.

Wonderful.

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4