The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scarlets Vs Edinburgh Pro14 23/09/17

+13
Artful_Dodger
mikey_dragon
LordDowlais
RiscaGame
TheMildlyFranticLlama
VinceWLB
George Carlin
jimbopip
reallybored
RDW
Kingshu
BigGee
EWT Spoons
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Scarlets Vs Edinburgh Pro14 23/09/17 - Page 2 Empty Scarlets Vs Edinburgh Pro14 23/09/17

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 18 Sep 2017, 2:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

Scarlets Vs Edinburgh
Date: Sat 23 Sep 17
KO: 19:35
TV:S4C

Edinburgh Rugby Head to Head Llanelli Scarlets
30 Played 30
15 Wins        14
14 Losses 15
1 Draws 1
57 Tries       73

Scarlets This Season Edinburgh Rugby
118 Total Points           72
15 Tries           8
14 Conversions   7
0 DropGoals           0
5 Penalties          6
1545 Metres Gained 1031
367 Carries 286
588 Passes Made 353
404 Tackles Made 324
40 Tackles Missed 41
31 TurnoversWon 24
53 Turnovers Conceded 42
0 Penalties Conceded 0
0 Yellow Cards 2
0 Red Cards       0

Please ignore the mental formatting, can't be bothered trying to work out why they are not lining up.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Scarlets Vs Edinburgh Pro14 23/09/17 - Page 2 Empty Re: Scarlets Vs Edinburgh Pro14 23/09/17

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 24 Sep 2017, 2:09 pm

VinceWLB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Strong link to Munster supposedly, and he would suit their forwards style of play to a T.

Kleyn and Beirne would be quite a fearsome pairing..

That would be similar to Ball and Beirne...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Scarlets Vs Edinburgh Pro14 23/09/17 - Page 2 Empty Re: Scarlets Vs Edinburgh Pro14 23/09/17

Post by VinceWLB Sun 24 Sep 2017, 2:44 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Strong link to Munster supposedly, and he would suit their forwards style of play to a T.

Kleyn and Beirne would be quite a fearsome pairing..

That would be similar to Ball and Beirne...

Yes, possibly even stronger i think.. Munster currently don't have anyone near as good as Beirne in their squad.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 25 Sep 2017, 8:12 am

Ive heard it is pretty much a done deal, sign for Munster and get called up for the AIs and 6Ns.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 25 Sep 2017, 9:19 am

Yep a direct replacement for DOC who has gone to Worcester. This is the worst kept secret doing the rounds in Wales at the moment.

Never mind, one leaves, there will be another to come off the production line I am sure.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Mon 25 Sep 2017, 10:31 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Ive heard it is pretty much a done deal, sign for Munster and get called up for the AIs and 6Ns.

It's a shame as Scarlets made him the player he is now.. Also remember Copeland? He was tearing up trees when at the Blues, his career stalled and went to the pot once he joined Munster with the promise of becoming an Irish internationalist.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 25 Sep 2017, 12:41 pm

VinceWLB wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Ive heard it is pretty much a done deal, sign for Munster and get called up for the AIs and 6Ns.

It's a shame as Scarlets made him the player he is now.. Also remember Copeland? He was tearing up trees when at the Blues, his career stalled and went to the pot once he joined Munster with the promise of becoming an Irish internationalist.

To be fair, the Scarlets picked him up on peanuts. We had an international quality player for two seasons on the wages of a squad filler. So we can't complain too much that now he has been accepted as being a quality player he is off to look for international caps.

Copeland is a name that has popped up in coversations amongst fellow Scarlets fans a lot over the last few months. It is possible that Tadgh will end up that way, but he has to make the decissions that suit him best, and only a fool would turn down the potential to get international recognision out of some form of loyalty to the team that gave him his first real shot in the big leagues.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Mon 25 Sep 2017, 1:39 pm

VinceWLB wrote:
TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:It's a shame a game of rugby can be spoiled by such decisions, red looking incredibly soft..

Its in line with other decisions this season, players know they can't get away with stuff like that now

Totally agree, though i preferred the old rules and more bite in the game. Give a yellow and a couple of weeks ban and get on with it.

This kind of ruin the game imo.

Sorry but this was incredibly dangerous, no place for this in the game and deserves a very long ban! Could have broken his neck, see link below which relates to a very similar incident which went wrong:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/3392180/Rugby-player-died-after-breaking-neck-in-ruck.html

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 25 Sep 2017, 3:30 pm

Seagultaf wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:It's a shame a game of rugby can be spoiled by such decisions, red looking incredibly soft..

Its in line with other decisions this season, players know they can't get away with stuff like that now

Totally agree, though i preferred the old rules and more bite in the game. Give a yellow and a couple of weeks ban and get on with it.

Sorry but this was incredibly dangerous, no place for this in the game and deserves a very long ban! Could have broken his neck, see link below which relates to a very similar incident which went wrong:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/3392180/Rugby-player-died-after-breaking-neck-in-ruck.html

I think it didn't help Edinburgh's case that Barclay went off with a head/neck injury, and Parkes went for a HIA too. Not sure if the TV picked it up, but the Parkes one was directly in front of me. In real time it looked like he too a boot to the head (accidental). When Parkes was being checked out, helped up to his feet, the replay of it was shown on the screen and the ref was watching. These must've gone through the refs mind when he was thinking about the card colour.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Mon 25 Sep 2017, 4:35 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Seagultaf wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:

I think it didn't help Edinburgh's case that Barclay went off with a head/neck injury, and Parkes went for a HIA too.  Not sure if the TV picked it up, but the Parkes one was directly in front of me.  In real time it looked like he too a boot to the head (accidental). When Parkes was being checked out, helped up to his feet, the replay of it was shown on the screen and the ref was watching.  These must've gone through the refs mind when he was thinking about the card colour.

I don't think other minor incidents in the game would have had any influence, this was a straight red in anyone's book. He could have broken his neck!

From what I can recall from the other two incidents, Barkley got his head on the wrong side in a tackle and Parkes was accidentally caught by a shin to the head. There was no malice in either incident but the Rizzo incident was schockingly dangerous play and will hopefully get an appropriately severe ban to send the right message!

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 25 Sep 2017, 9:17 pm

Seagul, you probably are right. May have my one eye tested.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Mon 25 Sep 2017, 9:28 pm

Seagultaf wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:

I agree this is a red under current directives. My point is the game has dramatically changed over the last few year, this didn't even get a yellow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtMCllSyorM

The game is becoming awfully too soft, as a result we are starting to get players milking on rugby field in order to get yellow or red cards given to the opposition.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Tue 26 Sep 2017, 7:48 am

VinceWLB wrote:
Seagultaf wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:

I agree this is a red under current directives. My point is the game has dramatically changed over the last few year, this didn't even get a yellow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtMCllSyorM

The game is becoming awfully too soft, as a result we are starting to get players milking on rugby field in order to get yellow or red cards given to the opposition.

If rugby is to survive it cannot condone violent thuggery, just because these acts have been condoned in the past does not make it right. What Rizzo did on Saturday has no place on the rugby field, ever! Irrespective of whether this type of violent behaviour has been ignored in the past. He could have broken Davies neck, how can that be cited as an example of the game having gone soft?

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 26 Sep 2017, 8:16 am

Got to say Vince I can't agree with you - whether or not it was acceptable in the past doesn't matter to me. It was a clear red and something we don't want to see on the pitch.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Tue 26 Sep 2017, 9:08 am

Yep, while I think there probably are valid grumbles elsewhere in the game about the game going soft, I really don't think this is an example of that. A player putting his shoulder into another players head like that isn't something the game needs at all and only by referees putting the player's safety first in scenarios like this (which we've been seeing a lot of this season) do we stand any chance of getting dangerous play like this out of the game. Good call for me and my only irritation is with Rizzo for being so bloody thick in the first place!

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 26 Sep 2017, 11:27 am

Cockeril giving it large (The Herald) against John 'Thickoid' Lacey re his ermmm.... performance on Saturday.    Apparently would not consult the TMO in build -up to 2 Scarlet tries.    Personally I think Lacey is an even worse referee than George Clancy Shocked
21st Century Schizoid Man
21st Century Schizoid Man

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 26 Sep 2017, 12:07 pm

Yeah he's not best pleased about it and has set up a meeting with the Pro 14 head ref to discuss it.

It is a difficult one for coaches as you don't want to come across as whining but if he feels a genuine injustice then he'll want to pursue it.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 27 Sep 2017, 6:08 pm

Prop Michele Rizzo has been banned for four weeks after receiving a red card during last Saturday's Guinness PRO14 game against Scarlets.
Following this afternoon's disciplinary hearing, it was decided that the 35-year-old was guilty of reckless, rather than intentional behaviour, and so the ban was reduced to four weeks.

The Italian international is currently on a short-term loan from English Premiership side Leicester Tigers. He will be available to play on 23 October.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2